Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

If you could have one jedi power, what would it be?

Page: 2 of 3
 Kain
10-19-2004, 7:40 PM
I'd use Force Storm. It creates a huge space storm, destroying planets and stars in its path and destroying the user, as the Dark Side completly envelopes him/her.

...telekinesis...
 lukeiamyourdad
10-20-2004, 1:04 PM
Oooo naughty thoughts...Mind trick+ naughty thoughts...Ooooo

Seriously, I can't choose. I would want them all.

Must...have...more...power!
 Pho3nix
10-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Telekenesis and Mind Trick ;) pwnzor.
 primalunderdog
11-13-2004, 4:13 PM
but if i could only choose one,i would go with TK.
 darth_nemisis
11-13-2004, 7:38 PM
I think I would pick Force Persuade...just so I can control other people and stuff.

Or Force Speed! That would be cool too.

Wait, if it were Sith powers...I would choose, lightning, force crush, force grip, or Force Drain. It's hard to choose.
 Darkside_tanro
11-19-2004, 7:59 AM
Force choke.... No doubt about it.
 kipperthefrog
11-25-2004, 6:10 PM
I'd still pick Jedi Mind Trick to get Employers to Hire me.

If you can have "Battle Meditation", what wold you do?
 kipperthefrog
11-25-2004, 6:10 PM
I'd still pick Jedi Mind Trick to get Employers to Hire me.

If you can have "Battle Meditation", what wold you do?
 DonEmperor
11-28-2004, 1:50 AM
I think the mind trick is too evil , shouldn't be a jedi power.
 Shok_Tinoktin
11-28-2004, 9:02 PM
Originally posted by DonEmperor
I think the mind trick is too evil , shouldn't be a jedi power.

Depends how you use it. On the Death Star when Obi-Wan makes the stormtroopers think that they heard something, that is definitely not evil. Of course some of the other Jedi uses of it are arguable, and there is definitely potential for evil. The same can be said about many force-user powers though.
 Slave.
10-10-2005, 12:52 AM
I'd have to say Telekenisis, the uses, like mind trick are almost limitless. Being able to push, pull, throw, (possibly grip with my understanding of how it would work), levitate....it would own. Mind trick would also be good, but what can you do when theres nobody around? As others have said, telekenesis users wouldnt have to get up from the lounge to do anything, where mind trick users would.
 CapNColostomy
10-11-2005, 1:28 AM
Mind trick, hands down.

*waves hand* You don't want to alert the authorities, you want to strip down to your stockings and heels, and call up a couple of your friends.
 Kurgan
10-13-2005, 2:57 PM
The moment the government found out about my secret they'd be after me, but I guess, even though this is a fantasy wish, mind trick would be my second choice. I'd rather have telekinesis (rather than just one power like "pull" or something). You could apply this to so many things.

It would be awesome! And then I could take my power and win James Randi's Million Dollar prize for proof of paranormal powers. Then I could invest the money, etc.

Perhaps use the money to get some body guards and a good lawyer to keep the government off my back, and maybe join the circus or something to earn a living off of it. I'm sure I could discover other uses for telekinesis, other than silly little things to impress your friends or make boring tasks more fun.

Now one could say with the Mind Trick I could get all that, but ultimately it's just a really cool power that is so exotic (lightning is too, but this is just more useful).

Seeing the future might be depressing and and take a lot of the fun out of life, but if you just wanted to be rich, this would be the easiest. You could clean out vegas pretty easily. ;)

On the other hand with telekinesis you could skew a die roll (like Qui Gon does) but it feels even more like you're cheating. How could they prove you could see the future and accuse you of something? But with telekinesis they might be able to claim you had a magnet in your hand to affect the dice somehow...

You could also use Mind Trick to help people. Sure you'd be "tricking" some, but you could use it to help others.

Could Force Lightning be used to charge up batteries? You could be your own source of power! Get an electric car and you'd be set! Long as you aren't stuck in the Dark Side with other bad consequences for having it of course (many of us get mad having to get up early to go to work/school so that could supply the motivation for throwing lightning to charge up your car!).
 MachineCult
10-18-2005, 5:25 PM
Telekinesis, as you all seem to have dubbed it.
 GhOsT-Jedi
10-22-2005, 11:08 PM
I'd have to go with force choke, pointed out more than once that some people don't have weak minds just imagine the possiblite of scaring the **** out of people by throwing them across the room lol
 The Doctor
10-30-2005, 12:18 AM
I'd go with the Mind Trick. Very useful to a rengade Time-Lord like myself.
 SarahSkywalker
03-14-2006, 5:13 AM
I think I would like to have Force pull as a power. Then I could pull things to me with ease without having to get up. I'm lazy that way! :lol:
 MachineCult
03-14-2006, 5:29 AM
Sarah, you aren't meant to post on old threads. Lol, and I noticed you posted on about five pretty old threads.
 Andy867
03-14-2006, 6:24 PM
Umm, its actually better that she post on an old thread instead of creating a new one, so Sarah's approach was actually more acceptable.
 Shane_1990
03-15-2006, 5:32 PM
Hi :waive1: Star Wars peeps. Yep it would have to be jedi mind trick, cuz its the best power of all.

Son [U don't want to send me to school]
Mother [ I dont want to send u to school]

Son [ U don't want to wake me up]
Mother [ I dont wont to wake u up]

SCHOOL, has to be what i would use it for aye!.

P.s I am kinda new, i have posted a few in the Jedi Outcast section.

Cya.
 quinnerino
03-15-2006, 7:20 PM
I would pick the jedi mind trick myself! imagine a cop pulling you overat this scenario!
cop: "may i see your liscence?"
you: "you don't need to see my liscense!"
cop: "i dont need to see your liscense!"
you "this is NOT the stolen car your looking for!"
cop "this is NOT the stolen car we're looking for!"
you "I may go about my business selling crack cocaine"
cop: "you may go about your business selling crack cocaine!"
you: "move along"
cop: "move along"

Haha!That would be hilarious!!
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-15-2006, 9:41 PM
Hi :waive1: Star Wars peeps. Yep it would have to be jedi mind trick, cuz its the best power of all.

Son [U don't want to send me to school]
Mother [ I dont want to send u to school]

Son [ U don't want to wake me up]
Mother [ I dont wont to wake u up]

SCHOOL, has to be what i would use it for aye!.

P.s I am kinda new, i have posted a few in the Jedi Outcast section.

Cya.

Hello. Welcome to the Forums! Enjoy your time here.

Ya, I also wouldn't mind that ability either.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-15-2006, 9:48 PM
This was a double post....could a mod please delete it. :)
 Lundquist
03-17-2006, 4:29 PM
probably force lightening. With those electricity bills I get it would be nice to have POWER, UNLIMITED POWER!!!
 snailboy
03-20-2006, 5:03 PM
Force Impregnate
 †Saint_Killa†
03-22-2006, 8:32 AM
Force Lightning - when there's a black out.

Mind Trick - a lazy person has to have a slave right. Or a different kin of slave feisty, hot, exotic.......... you get my point :D

And alas Levitation - as a lazy person I wouldn't bother levitating a can of beans 1m away while watching TV.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-22-2006, 9:00 AM
And alas Levitation - as a lazy person I wouldn't bother levitating a can of beans 1m away while watching TV.

Yeah, But then you'd have to get up and take a bowel movement. You get the chips. Then you can go later. :D :xp: Just maybe.....
 Prime
03-22-2006, 1:31 PM
Force ImpregnateYou don't need the Force for that. But then again, I haven't seen a picture of you. ;)
 Darth Moeller
03-22-2006, 5:14 PM
I would definitely go with Mind Trick :)
 †Saint_Killa†
03-23-2006, 7:16 AM
Yeah, But then you'd have to get up and take a bowel movement. You get the chips. Then you can go later.:D:xp: Just maybe.....

you can urine in a cup or container and put em on the toilet or poop and levitate it also to the toilet. :D
 MachineCult
03-23-2006, 7:58 AM
you can urine in a cup or container and put em on the toilet or poop and levitate it also to the toilet. :D
Nice.
 †Saint_Killa†
03-25-2006, 7:30 AM
Nice.
Am I lazy or what!!!! :D :D :D
 MachineCult
03-25-2006, 3:47 PM
Am I lazy or what!!!! :D :D :D
I forgot the [/sarcasm] tags, what you said was pretty sick.
 PoiuyWired
05-03-2006, 6:06 PM
Mind Trick - obvious use.
Telekinesis - never walk to the fridge again.
Deathfield/Drain Life - Hurts that guy who is skimpy on the tips, while healing your splintered toe nails.
 Ian1245
05-06-2006, 1:46 PM
Jedi Mind trick. This Jedi power is so awesome!
 hk47
05-07-2006, 2:48 AM
Definitely the Jedi Mind Trick. Then I could get paid for doing nothing but speaking to people!
you wouldn't need money

I'd go with force jump might not be paradise but u can go jumping on Skyscrapers like spiderman it'll be cool
 Steve-O Kreesh
05-16-2006, 7:18 PM
I think I would choose Force Armor. I could start my motorcycle stunt career without having to worry about getting mangled. :D
 Echo-7
05-25-2006, 2:30 PM
i would choose grip. i could grip every ***hole.

If not grip, then mindtrick.
 PoiuyWired
05-25-2006, 5:31 PM
Well, why grip that schutta, when you can be more creative?

"You feel really hot, you would want to cover yourself with those cold water over there"

*points to barrel of gasoline*

"Good, now, to light up your cigarette!"

Thanks the Rifts rpg series for idea.
 Sir Phobos
05-28-2006, 8:23 PM
mind trick (for obvious reasons)

"Let him have the BMW...he already paid for it...just let him have it."
 PoiuyWired
06-02-2006, 12:39 AM
Proof: Most Star Wars Fans would be on the dark side should they ever have the force. :3

Look at the powers everyone like and choose.

No one would even think of good powers like Force Heal (great for Nip/Tuck) and things like that.

Once again, the diark side is proved to be supreme.
 Darth Methos
06-05-2006, 8:11 PM
:dev7: Force Pursuade :dev7:
There are so many things you can get away with. I will have no problems in dealing with clients.
 St. Jimmy
06-06-2006, 8:20 AM
Force reflexes. Just imagine fighting some poor bastard with that! heh heh
 Lantzen
06-07-2006, 7:48 AM
Mind trick would be cool, like most of the people here think
 Davinq
07-07-2006, 8:40 PM
Force jump, so I can reach the cookie jar at the top of the pantry!
 PoiuyWired
07-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Why if you have Telekinesis? Jumping is so much work.
How about "Sith Alchemy" ??

You can create the prefect Sith Goldfish guardian.
You can create the perfect chick, without a mother-in-law.
You can create the best donuts.
 itchythesamurai
07-08-2006, 1:26 PM
Heal because I could save Lives

I agree with Outrider, but for different reasons. There's a lot of money to be made in the miracle faith healing business. And it'd make me substantially harder to kill, because in all likelihood, if you had a force power in real life, people or the government would try to exploit or kill you after a while.
 PoiuyWired
07-08-2006, 4:30 PM
Depends of what kinda force power and how effective it is. If your force power can,say, only make things smell like roses, then most people would just ignore you, though you can perhaps make a good living at shows, amongst other things.

If you have to power to say, shape and control all magnetic fields, then its a whole different story.
 KyleOfHarpenden
07-08-2006, 4:40 PM
PUSH PUSH PUSH PUSH! no better way to annoy people and you could use it as a good way to shut people up by just pussing them against a wall :) and also pushing them into the sea :D
 Fealiks
07-09-2006, 2:23 PM
Sarah, you aren't meant to post on old threads. Lol, and I noticed you posted on about five pretty old threads.
Actually, "Slave." resurrected this thread from over a year, Sarah posted in it when it was just starting to get a tiny bit mouldy round the edges again.

I would have telekenisis definately.
Page: 2 of 3