Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holowan Plug-in betav0.3

Page: 4 of 6
 T7nowhere
10-08-2004, 10:17 AM
sry about that. I'll get my site back up tonite with the plug-in fix.
:eek:

EDIT: I uploaded just that file the link should work now
 Shadow333
11-13-2004, 4:49 AM
I have a question i got a bit of a problem i installed the plug in and started a new game i became a jedi and wanted to go to the courtyard and my game chrashes and i thougth reload and try warping but then happens the same:(
 EnderWiggin
11-13-2004, 5:30 AM
Welcome to the board! No offense, but please use punctuation in your posts. It helps people understand you. Do you have any other mods installed?

_EW_
 Shadow333
11-13-2004, 5:54 AM
Well i have much of other mods installed i think about 20 or so
but wath do you mean by ticking of?:confused:
and sorry to say whats punctuation?
 EnderWiggin
11-13-2004, 6:08 AM
Punctuation is periods, commas, etc. In your post, just not one long huge sentence. Do you mean that you downloaded 20 other mods from websites, or that you just downloaded T7's Plug-in?
If english is not your native language, you might want to find an online translator so that you can type in what you want to say and it will translate it into english for you.

_EW_
 Darkkender
11-13-2004, 6:22 AM
No offense, but please use punctuation in your posts. It helps people understand you and doesn't tick us off.

Because not evrybody who posts to these boards uses english as there native language, not all of them are aware of our punctuation or grammar. So we should not assault them in such a matter right off. (some of these problems are caused by language translation programs on the web.)

But welcom to the boards shadow333 we'll try to help you figure it out.
 Shadow333
11-13-2004, 6:28 AM
Well i mean,over 20 mods for sure from PCGM.
I'll tell the story.
When i bought KOTOR from the store, i playd trough the game without mods and stuff.
Then i went to use mods and play trough it again then i decided to download holowan plug in. and playd trough the game.
now i am on dantooine and when i wanted to go to the courtyard my game crashd,i then used warp and the same thing happend,
can you help me with this.

and thnx for welcoming me;)
 Darkkender
11-13-2004, 7:15 AM
I would first recommend getting kotor mod manager. remove all the mods from your overide and have each one it will help determine any conflicts you have that might crash the game.

Let me expand If you have duplicate files in your overide or files that overide each other. Then they can cause crashes. Also with mod manager you can add each mod in seperately and test to see what the results are and which one is causing the crash. This will help us out immensly to help you troubleshoot further.

Also can you provide a list of every mod in which you have downloaded this may help us identify possible problem children.
 EnderWiggin
11-13-2004, 8:52 AM
Do you think it might be an overload? That he has so many mods that affect the Dantooine module that it won't load?

Sorry for any offense Shadow, I just didn't understand you at first, and got hasty. Please Forgive..... :(

_EW_
 Darth333
11-14-2004, 3:34 PM
Originally posted by Shadow333
Then i went to use mods and play trough it again then i decided to download holowan plug in. and playd trough the game.
now i am on dantooine and when i wanted to go to the courtyard my game crashd,i then used warp and the same thing happend,
can you help me with this.

Do you have the Revan reincarnate mod? If yes, try this patched dialogue: http://w1.842.telia.com/~u84203091/Dantooine_fix.zip)

otherwise, could you post as list of the othr mods you have in your override folder?
 Shadow333
11-28-2004, 3:31 AM
Hi i tried the options you had written for me
(dumb me i used KMM as last) and that worked thanks:D
thanks guys:)

PS i forgive you EnderWiggin (can happen;) )

and sorry i took long before i posted a reply
 Bimmerman
12-11-2004, 7:57 PM
Hey- nice work t7 and other modders. i have downloaded the mods in separate and am now glad that there is a compilation mod. However: I am one of those people who likes to know what files are included in what mods for the purpose of adding additional mods on my own without conflicting or overwriting files that are already in the Override folder. So my suggestion would be this: either have the mega-mod install the mods in folders in a different directory as an option in the installation program, or if not, a file detailing which files are associated with which mod. Just a little suggestion for improvement.
 T7nowhere
12-12-2004, 2:14 AM
If Im bored and have some free time then i'll write them up, but Im not even completely sure which mods belong to whom, Well I have a general Idea But it will take some Back tracking. IF I find the time I'll make an additional readme and post it on my site and in this thread.
 Bimmerman
12-12-2004, 9:27 AM
Cool. Thanks a bunch.
 Chrysalis
12-22-2004, 10:31 AM
I just happened to run into a peculiar bug using that 50mb holowan's pack. Whenever i choose to take Mission with me she's dressed in that revolting Echani armor, regardless of what is REALLY put on her, with the exeption of Revan's redemption robe, when she does look like Revan. Can anyone be so kind as to explain how can that be fixed?
 Hybris
12-22-2004, 5:23 PM
A idea to add to the massive list of mod to be added would be a level warp mod!

Also T7 if need add anyone to the list of people you're adding to the mod as a NPC I'm more than happy to be a part if it!:D
 Darth Zion
12-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this outstanding mod pack. I've played through KOTOR 3 1/2 times now (savegame was lost on my second game). Now I've just started a 4th game and I'm using mods for the very first time.

After a few nights of play, I've got a couple of comments to share. First of all, I did the custom install and UNchecked the following options:

"Dual colored double lightsabers"
"Primes jedi robes for Black PC's"
"Doom_dealers gold Hk-47"
"svцsh Mech Malak"
"SepRithRo's Feel the force"
"Shoosey's Skipspire mod"

My character is a male soldier with ORSAN's Obi-Wan PC. So far the only things I have noticed are that on some of the item descriptions there are white boxes at the end of some lines, which tells me there are probably some unnecessary line breaks in the text that was entered my the modder(s). Also, a little glitch I found was when returning to the Hideout for the first time, Carth has the Obi-Wan head as well. But when you leave the Hidout and go back out, he's back to normal. I went back in once more just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing, and sure enough, there he is standing in the corner with the Obi-Wan head.

Also, I was hoping that svцsh's Good/Evil Bastilla would be an option I could disable. Is it possible to get rid of this mod, perhaps by just deleting the appropriate files out of the override folder? I'm not too keen on Bastilla being a blonde. ;)

Thanks again everyone for these great mods, and I'll be sure to post any other glitches I run into along the way.

EDIT: I just realized that I forgot to install the holo plug-in fix. I wonder if this will make any difference in the problems I've seen so far. I guess I better go find out. ;)
 ChAiNz.2da
12-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Darth Zion
I'm not too keen on Bastilla being a blonde. ;)

To get rid of the 'blonde' Bastila, just delete these 3 files from your override directory:

P_BastilaH04.tga (blonde head)
PO_pbastila.tga (party member blonde icon)
PO_pbastila2.tga (silhouette icon for party screen)

:)
 Darth Zion
12-27-2004, 9:12 AM
Thanks a lot ChAiNz. :D

Well after installing the plugin fix and starting my game back up, it looks like that Obi-Wan head glitch is gone.
 T7nowhere
12-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Darth Zion
Thanks a lot ChAiNz. :D

Well after installing the plugin fix and starting my game back up, it looks like that Obi-Wan head glitch is gone.

Yup that was one of the fixes, the author of the mod neglected to change the referances to Carth's head in the model.
 Darth Zion
12-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Ah, alright then.

Well, here's another glitch I just found: I just added Bastila to my party and I'm leveling her up for the first time. For the force powers, the one called "Body Fuel" has a messed up description. All it says is "Bad StrRef". The same thing happens for all three versions of it.
 T7nowhere
12-27-2004, 6:53 PM
That isn't really a glitch its more of a modding limitation.

To solve this problem you can install All-in-one force powers mod v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313) Combined by Darth333. you can install this Directly over Holowan Plug-in. But do not install the Baseitems.2da from the force power mod this file will conflict with the one from the plug-in.
 Sniktchtherat
12-28-2004, 11:55 AM
I seem to have a glitched version of the plugin. I've downloaded from your site direct(T7) and from the link here in the forums both, and the inifix as well, but none of the sabers, even those identified as upgradable in the readmes, are actually upgradable. If I attempt to upgrade one, the upgrade screen doesn't open, and when I close out to the "choose type" screen, the saber I attempted to work with evaporates. I popped the upcystals.2da open with Mr. Tetra's marvelous tool, and found that there were only the basic crystals, Malak's, the Heart, and the Mantle in there- an unmodded install, in other words. None of the custom sabers was included. Did I get an outdated download, or just a glitch?
 T7nowhere
12-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Sniktchtherat
I seem to have a glitched version of the plugin. I've downloaded from your site direct(T7) and from the link here in the forums both, and the inifix as well, but none of the sabers, even those identified as upgradable in the readmes, are actually upgradable. If I attempt to upgrade one, the upgrade screen doesn't open, and when I close out to the "choose type" screen, the saber I attempted to work with evaporates. I popped the upcystals.2da open with Mr. Tetra's marvelous tool, and found that there were only the basic crystals, Malak's, the Heart, and the Mantle in there- an unmodded install, in other words. None of the custom sabers was included. Did I get an outdated download, or just a glitch?

Humm. Thats odd, Are you sure that you didn't accedently open and save upcrystals.2da to override. The fix on my site won't solve you problem as that file is not included. I have installed the Plug-in several times and it always works for me, so I doubt its the installation.

You can install the plug-in a temp folder and take out only upcrystals.2da to drop in override. That should solve your problem. I am a little surprized that people still use the old sabers ;)
 Darth Zion
12-28-2004, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
That isn't really a glitch its more of a modding limitation.

To solve this problem you can install All-in-one force powers mod v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313) Combined by Darth333. you can install this Directly over Holowan Plug-in. But do not install the Baseitems.2da from the force power mod this file will conflict with the one from the plug-in.

It's not that big of a deal, I just wanted to mention it in case you were unaware. Thanks for the link though, I may try it out. I'm curious if you know of this glitch though:

After adding Juhani to my party for the first time, I was on Tatooine and I started trying out different jedi robes on her. I think I tried out a few of the elite jedi robes before deciding on the white one, but once I got out of the options screen she changed into a blue twi'lek. I tried changing to some differrent robes including the Windu and General robes, even some of the clothing variations, but still the same thing. I discovered that choosing none would change her back, but she'd change back to a twi'lek again if I exited the area.

I have not installed any other mods, only deleted those blonde bastila files that are mentioned above. The only other thing I've done is change the files "p_ObiWanH01.tga" and "po_obiwan.tga". I created a new portrait and edited the head texture, both in photoshop.

EDIT: I also can't seem to change my main character out of the Revan's redemption robes (brown). The only thing that works is putting on the Sandpeople clothing, but putting on anything after that just changes back to the robes.
 Sniktchtherat
12-29-2004, 2:49 PM
Just tried an install to a test folder, and the upcrystals.2da still only has 16 crystals-blue, gold, green, violet, red, Heart, Mantle, t7blue, t7gold, t7green, t7violet, t7red, Malak, Teal, k39, ECS, and DD. This copy was originally downloaded from your site, burned to disc, then copied to the PC I use to game; maybe that could have affected it? Other evidence points to a bugged installer: Several heads are invisible in-game(the Rakatan, two of the Twilek, IIRC), and even if I choose custom and turn off Mech Malak it still installs.
 T7nowhere
12-29-2004, 3:49 PM
Originally posted by Sniktchtherat
Just tried an install to a test folder, and the upcrystals.2da still only has 16 crystals-blue, gold, green, violet, red, Heart, Mantle, t7blue, t7gold, t7green, t7violet, t7red, Malak, Teal, k39, ECS, and DD. This copy was originally downloaded from your site, burned to disc, then copied to the PC I use to game; maybe that could have affected it? Other evidence points to a bugged installer: Several heads are invisible in-game(the Rakatan, two of the Twilek, IIRC), and even if I choose custom and turn off Mech Malak it still installs.

The Invisible heads is another limitaion in modding KotOR, as long as you don't wear default class clothes the Character will be normal(those NPC's and wear armor but it will not show outside of the menu).

Those crystals should be the only ones in that file. Which
Saber(s) are you having trouble upgrading?

On another note
You should be aware I did not personally make every mod in that Plug-in, Probably 95% Is work by other modders. Combinning those mods turned out to be more work than I thought it would be, which is the reason there is not a Holowan Plug-in 3. I have thought of starting a new version But I don't have the time to do it by myself, plus Im unsure if the demand for it would even be worth the time to make it.
 Sniktchtherat
12-29-2004, 4:58 PM
The sabers that are failing to upgrade then poofing are the Sith Assassin Sabers(Kreidian's) and Exar Kun's Padawan saber(Doom_Dealer's). These are both specified as upgradable in the readmes; I don't know if the sabers from your DS Equipment pack will fail the same way because I haven't pushed that far in with the plugin installed, but I have downloaded them seperately and they work fine without the plugin installed. I do appreciate your work; all your other mods are awesome(LOVE that saber/sword model!) and VERY well-balanced. Thanks for the help and mods.
 StoneDragon
01-02-2005, 3:02 PM
Hey, T7. Can you add Redhawke's mod.s in your next holowan plug-in? and others?

Redhawke:
Boostrpack1
Itempack1b
TemplarMGR1
Itempack2a

Chainz:
Lb waraxe set

T7:
The visor mod.
Mask plus
Lightsaber 6 pack 1.2

Xavier2:
Enter jabba's place
and the clone trooper mod

Unknown mods:
Enhance sith saber

tk102:
Armband
Choker

Achilles:
The jedi council mod.

Thanks.
 Darkkender
01-03-2005, 7:30 AM
Originally posted by T7nowhere

On another note
You should be aware I did not personally make every mod in that Plug-in, Probably 95% Is work by other modders. Combinning those mods turned out to be more work than I thought it would be, which is the reason there is not a Holowan Plug-in 3. I have thought of starting a new version But I don't have the time to do it by myself, plus Im unsure if the demand for it would even be worth the time to make it.

Well I mentioned this slightly on the your new model thread but this is better here.

YES T7, there is a demand for the plugin. Just look at how often people have questions for you.:p

As I mentioned I have been working hard at making all of the mods that I have compatible with the plugin. If you would like to save yourself some time I could compile a list of the modders whose mods are being made compatible and then email you or privately host a site with it as a link only for you to polish off or something.
 Lord_Tuvitor
01-04-2005, 6:33 AM
If and when a new version of this mod pack is done, I have one small little tiny suggestion :)

Make the custom install a little more... customizable. I couldn't seem to figure out a way to install the pack without turning Bastila into a blonde, and I sort of liked her original skin. ;)

Being a newbie at this (I only knew mods even existed for KOTOR for about three weeks now), I haven't quite gotten the hang of editing appearance.2da files and such...
 Darkkender
01-04-2005, 7:09 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Tuvitor
If and when a new version of this mod pack is done, I have one small little tiny suggestion :)

Make the custom install a little more... customizable. I couldn't seem to figure out a way to install the pack without turning Bastila into a blonde, and I sort of liked her original skin. ;)

Being a newbie at this (I only knew mods even existed for KOTOR for about three weeks now), I haven't quite gotten the hang of editing appearance.2da files and such...

Just a heads up I have it on good authority that the above request is part of T7's plan. If T7 never gets around to it and if I get permission from everybody I may release a secondary Plugin that is compatible with the Holowan Plugin as that is basically what I'm doing for personal use right now. It might just be fun.:D
 dGreatLuronzo
05-10-2005, 5:30 PM
I've tried to get a useabe file from the pcgamemods server twice for this mod. the download finishes but i either get a "no end of file" or "multipart or corrupt file" when I try to unzip it. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this the forum for tech help like this? If not, I give apology in advance.
Thanks!
Larry:fett:
 dGreatLuronzo
05-10-2005, 5:30 PM
I've tried to get a useabe file from the pcgamemods server twice for this mod. the download finishes but i either get a "no end of file" or "multipart or corrupt file" when I try to unzip it. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this the forum for tech help like this? If not, I give apology in advance.
Thanks!
 T7nowhere
05-10-2005, 5:59 PM
I just dowloaded and it works for me. Are you useing a 3rd party app to download files. Which internet browser do you use.
 dGreatLuronzo
05-10-2005, 9:55 PM
netscape 7.1 and stay on pro (keeps me from getting kicked off the server). I tried using explorer 6 but it doesn't see the download page on pcgamemods.
thanks for the quick reply,
 dGreatLuronzo
05-11-2005, 4:40 PM
Your questions gave me an idea and I found the download manage was timing out but still showing the download as completed when it wasn't. I reset the security stuff and that stopped it. Thanks for the help. Bye the way, this mod ROCKS!
Thanks
 Pneuvo
07-30-2005, 11:55 PM
I downloaded and installed from pcgamemods, but now I find that Force Whirlwind and Force Wave aren't selectable while in combat; only Force Push. Is there a revised spells.2da for this?
 T7nowhere
07-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Extract and copy these files over the old ones. Patch (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/holoplug-infix.rar)
 UDM
08-30-2005, 4:17 AM
Hey T7 I've just downloaded the mod, but I noticed in the beginning that when selecting the Duros and a few other classes as your PC, their heads are actually missing. I've patched the mod already so what seems to be happening?
 T7nowhere
08-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey T7 I've just downloaded the mod, but I noticed in the beginning that when selecting the Duros and a few other classes as your PC, their heads are actually missing. I've patched the mod already so what seems to be happening?

Thats normal, the reason this happends because those npc's do not have separate heads, so they can't use armors, well they can use them but it will not show. if you equip the basic clothes this will also make the npc headless.

So its not a glitch just a limitation of that paticular mod.
 UDM
08-31-2005, 5:47 AM
One more thing, how come I get a strange force power called Body Fuel, with Badstr or something in the Description box?
 T7nowhere
08-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Oh that is an older version of a Force power mod. If you install this mod -> All-in-one force powers mod v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313) It will fix that. It isn't a bug, but a choice the modder made to reduce the original mods size. But just don't install the baseitems.2da from the All-in -one Force Power mod. The rest of the files can be installed on top of the Plug-in, so let the files overwrite.
 UDM
09-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks heaps T7. Great job on compiling the mods, loving it :)
 Naga Sadow
10-18-2005, 3:35 PM
you know i've done that but its says you need a code can someone help me it says to finish installation please insert code
 The_Maker
10-18-2005, 5:07 PM
What do you mean by "code"? :eyeraise:

If you are talking about the CD key we can't help you with that since its for you and you only. ;)

Its also illegal to give out CD keys aka "cracks, hacks, & warez" or any other type of third party programs that allow you to use gameas without buying them
 T7nowhere
10-18-2005, 7:20 PM
you know i've done that but its says you need a code can someone help me it says to finish installation please insert code

What asks for a code?

I know the mods installation doesn't. Also the games install doesn't need a cd-key either. So.....
 ChAiNz.2da
10-19-2005, 10:06 AM
The only "code" I know of for KotOR (not TSL) is when you are trying to register your "owned" games with the Bioware Community... but that shouldn't have anything to do with a mod install :confused:
 Naga Sadow
10-19-2005, 2:44 PM
oh no don't worry i fixed the problem good mods really good mods
 Viator
10-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Hello fellows,

Apologies in advance if this has been covered or I'm mistaken. The plugin seems to have revived an earlier bug on Yavin the official patch should have corrected (third time you visit, instead of Trandoshans attacking the proprietor I get a black screen and him saying he just won a pazaak match). I installed a few other mods at the same time so it may just be my cluelessness, but I was wondering if anyone else had it. (I have the official patch and haven't seen any conflicting mod files as far as I know).

Not terribly important because of the basement shop but I'm curious why it stopped working nonetheless.
Page: 4 of 6