Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holowan Plug-in betav0.3

Page: 5 of 6
 Zerathustra
11-06-2005, 3:55 AM
I'm not a big fan of Colja's dark side transitions. What files do I need to delete to get rid of them? Thanks.
 T7nowhere
11-06-2005, 4:18 AM
I'm not a big fan of Colja's dark side transitions. What files do I need to delete to get rid of them? Thanks.

Just these:
PFHA01d.tga
PFHA03d.tga
PFHA04d.tga
PFHC02d.tga
PFHC05d.tga
PMHA01d.tga
PMHA02d.tga
PMHA03d.tga
PMHA04d.tga
PMHA05d.tga
PMHB03d.tga
PMHB04d.tga
PMHC02d.tga
PMHC04d.tga
 Zerathustra
11-06-2005, 4:55 AM
That was fast! Thanks.

Great mod, by the way. I hope you keep developing it further. It's a great way to get as many good mods as possible without compatibility issues. That's a big help for us non-modders.
 Simbacca
11-06-2005, 2:23 PM
due to the fact that this was a big mult-mod-in-one install package, i hesitated to download and install it for quite some time. i was the same way with the AIOFPs install. now i always wanted all the quality mods included in these packages, so thats not why i hesitated.

i hesitated because i am a control freak and also i massive mod user. see, the thing is i have so many mods by so many different ppl installed in my game, i usually like take them one at a time to have an easier time making each compatiably with what i have. heck, i usually take these mod packages after install, and break them down into seperate mod folders to use in the control freaks favorite KotOR tool, KMM. i love at any moment being able to add in or take away any mod.

for the control freaks who use massive amounts of mods and are constantly changing what ones they use even mid game like me, it would be drastically easier if one of two things was available with this plug-in:

- list of what files pertain to what mods, as well as what files are used in multiple mods (such as .2da). this is the method AIOFP used.

or

- a much more customizable custom install option than what is currently available.

personally i prefer the first choice because i can make my way around mod files just fine. now, i know this would probably be a lot more work, with alot more bug testing, so if T7nowhere does release a new version and take the time to do it, we all here would owe him a debt of gratitude.

however if T7 does not have the time or the desire to do so (and very understandably so, don't get me wrong) than perhaps if Darkkender was still interested, everyone who would need to could give him permission to release his own secondary plugin as he suggested in the below quote.

Just a heads up I have it on good authority that the above request is part of T7's plan. If T7 never gets around to it and if I get permission from everybody I may release a secondary Plugin that is compatible with the Holowan Plugin as that is basically what I'm doing for personal use right now. It might just be fun.:D

if neither of you are able to release any update like this, i would not mind, if give permission of course, to release my own secondary plugin with many of the fixes i have made as well as many of the mods that i use in addition to this (of course more permission needed).
__________________________________________________ ________________

on a final note i would just like to recognize T7nowhere for all his hard work on this plug-in in the first place, as well as putting up with all the bug reports and suggestions made after its release. thank you :)
 K-Jax
11-06-2005, 5:12 PM
if i dont wanna skip the endire spire what should i take out?
 Klarth
11-12-2005, 7:00 PM
I found the skipspire mod separately with the following files, taking them out seemed to work for me:
k_pend_pod01.ncs
k_pend_traskdl40.ncs
k_pend_traskdl40.ndb
k_pend_traskdl40.nss
 SiddNeverr
11-13-2005, 11:45 PM
Heya guys ... got a little problem that has me kinda annoyed and its probably because I am a newb when it comes to using mods. I've done searches on the forum and it doesn't seem that someone else has posted this issue ... but its possible I didn't use the right keywords, if so my apologies in advance. Anyhow on with the story ...

Decided the other day, since SWG was gonna be getting a total redo on its system (and not sure I'm going to like it), I'd take some time off and go play some KOTOR again ... heard about the Plugin and such before so I reinstalled KOTOR (the original, not TSL) updated it all via the updater (think that brings it to v1.03) and then downloaded the Holowan Plugin v0.5 (as well as the quikfix from T7's site) and installed it.

This is what I am running into and/or noticed ...

First there was a file/dir placed outside the KOTOR lips subdir into the main LucasArts dir that looked like it belonged in the lips subdir, so I played the file there. I'm assuming it was a typo in the installer.

I thought these combos of mods were supposed to skip the whole intro deal with the Endar Spire, but that all played normally. No biggie really, just kinda surprised me. Maybe I misread the info in the plugin. Really didn't mind doing it again anyhow.

Got all the way through Taris, on to Dantooine, and met with the Council and after they adjourn to talk in private, you are supposed to zip back to the Hawk. Well it transitions me back to the Ebon Hawk, but I am inside one of the side rooms with no way out and a clickable target on the floor called CutScene (if I am remembering correctly) that when you click it doesn't do anything. Can't do anything else from here.

Curious about this ... I went back to previous save, and instead of talking to the council I turned around and went back into the Hawk alone. Got in fine, saw the downstairs and the trainer droid, the arena module add on and so forth, all of that seemed to work fine ... left the Hawk again, no issues, talked to the Council and then ended up right back in the CutScene room stuck.

I am assuming there is a bad flag or something akin to it set somewhere but I'll be arsed if I am sure just what it might be.

Help?
 Darth333
11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Curious about this ... I went back to previous save, and instead of talking to the council I turned around and went back into the Hawk alone. Got in fine, saw the downstairs and the trainer droid, the arena module add on and so forth, all of that seemed to work fine ... left the Hawk again, no issues, talked to the Council and then ended up right back in the CutScene room stuck.

This occurs when you have scripts checking for your class/sex while you don't t meet any if the "standared" requirements. To fix this issue, just download the kotor 1 fixed cutscenes files for KSE from files from our website: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#kse)

Even if those were specifically made for when you change you class/sex with KSE, they work with other mods making similar changes as well.
 SiddNeverr
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
My thanks Darth ... I will download now and give it a shot. :) Many thanks again.
 Naga Sadow
11-17-2005, 6:50 PM
Are you guys going to make another Holowan Plug-in 0.4
 T7nowhere
11-17-2005, 7:51 PM
^^^ No.
 Anastase
11-27-2005, 1:54 PM
Wow, this must have taken an enormous amount of work (for both the original modders and T7 hehe). I'm really new to this, so I had a question. If it's been covered already my apologies, but I looked and didn't find the answer.

Is there someplace that explains what exactly you are getting with each mod offered in this package? I am currently looking each one up on PCGamemods as well as here, but it's taking a really long time (and some I can't find). There are brief descriptions in the readme I noticed, but I'd really love to see the original mod author's descriptions, screenshots and readme's before choosing which ones I want to install.

If there is something like that available I would love to have a look at it so I can make more informed decisions at the custom install :)
 nytekat
01-20-2006, 2:28 PM
This is the only mod I have installed. I got to the undercity part where I saved Zalbaar and for some reason everytime I clicked a response it flashed the next part (where there talking to me) and then to the next response. Any idea how to fix this? I don't like missing story points.
 T7nowhere
01-20-2006, 2:52 PM
^^^ Thats very strange, none of the mods included in this pack even affect that area.

Does this occure with all the dialogs in that area or just the one with Zaalbar?

Have you tried to replay the part thats bugged without the mod to be certain that its something in the mod thats causing the bugs.
 nytekat
01-20-2006, 8:06 PM
no I didn't try it again. If it happens in any of the rest I'll let you know and try try to play over with and without the mod. I just happened with the Zaalbar/Mission dialog when I freed him.... so far...
 eleazar
04-07-2006, 1:16 AM
This mod looks very cool.
Is there any way to get ahold of it in a non-executable format?
As a mac user .exe files don't do me any good.
 RC-1162
04-11-2006, 2:33 PM
T7, this is an AWESOME mod, i love this. and with my basic training in kotor tool, i added some other mods without any probs too. there is only one thing, the xp i need to level up from level 14 to 15 has suddenly gone up to 37000 something. is it supposed to be this way??
 Crunchy in milk
04-17-2006, 8:04 AM
This mod looks very cool.
Is there any way to get ahold of it in a non-executable format?
As a mac user .exe files don't do me any good.

I agree, its a bit harsh to be left high and dry. I tried running the installer on virtual PC and even on a friend's PC. The installer just crashed every time :( I don't know if its because I didn't have the PC version of Kotor installed or what. It doesn't seem to be a simple self extracting zip archive, which would be just fine on the Mac since Stuffit can unzip those... Maybe a later version will have a manual install option.
 Gotanks0407
08-11-2006, 4:17 PM
the download link is broken

where can i download it
 Lucied
08-11-2006, 4:41 PM
wow this is a old thread but here is this

http://ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/5609/Holowan_Plug-in2.zip)

this will give you version 0.5
 T7nowhere
08-11-2006, 6:34 PM
wow this is a old thread but here is this ds1.pcgamemods.com/core/5609/Holowan_Plug-in2.zip

this will give you version 0.5

Thanks for finding the link Lucied.
 Lucied
08-11-2006, 10:56 PM
your welcome thought i would save u some time
 one_must_fall
08-11-2006, 11:50 PM
yea thanks. i've been looking for it. and Lucied. at your avatar: LOL!
 sith rob
08-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Could someone please post a working link to the holowan plugin patch/fix??? Thanks.

Private message me with your email and I'll send it over when I can.

Thanks for being so quick with the E-mail T7 :)
 T7nowhere
08-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Could someone please post a working link to the holowan plugin patch/fix??? Thanks.

Private message me with your email and I'll send it over when I can.
 gdw
08-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I Too would also like this fix
 jamjoh
08-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Perhaps someone who has the fix could re-host it somewhere.
 T7nowhere
08-29-2006, 1:00 AM
Be patient and I'll have it up in a couple of weeks.
 gdw
09-01-2006, 4:23 AM
ok thanks

sorry for been a nuisance
 Kainzorus Prime
09-23-2006, 4:33 AM
I've found that SepRithRo's Malak skin is missing from v0.5, and I'd still like to have it. Can someone point separate download for it?
 T7nowhere
09-29-2006, 11:56 PM
It's in there, you just have to select it to install. you know you can select to install just that, but if you want to be safe you can make the installer copy the files to a safe location away from KotOR.

*NOTE* For those that wanted the fix. I've regained my webspace so the dl link on the first post of this thread now works.
 Jaraen
12-03-2006, 6:43 PM
Hey all,

does anyone knows a DL Mirrow that works ? PCGM is down and i really want to try this Big Mod out.
Thanks.
 Kestor
02-12-2007, 3:38 AM
 Darth_Calo
06-22-2007, 8:38 AM
Hi, all!

I was brought here via a google search, and I was hoping that it included the Mandalorian Mod armor (Black Mandolorian Assault Armor with NO helmet)
(I am a :newbie: at LucasForums
So now I ask you....does it?

(I found it in giveitem cheat list but I want only the Mandalorian Mod Armor so can someone tell me who made it originally?)
:lsduel:
PM me if you can

Thanks a bunch,
Darth_Calo
:x-wing:
EDIT: Never mind I found it. Great mod by the way
 Light Sunsurfer
06-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Well I don't know if this has come up or not but I am in a hurry and cant read all six pages to find out so here goes:
When I install i do the custom install and tell it what mods I don't want put in (namely the skip endar spire mod and unnecessary reskins of Malak) but every time it still puts them all in so I was wondering if it was possible to get a list of the things I would need to get delete to get rid of unwanted or conflicting mods in this package
 redrob41
08-18-2007, 4:34 AM
First off, its a great mod! I've only played through it once, but I've started another because there are so many new things to look at. Finding this mod re-kindled my love of the game.

Has anyone ever made the icons for those samurai jedi robes? If not, I've made some. Where should I send them?

Also, I like that there are DS transitions for the male Twi'leks, but a little disappointed that there aren't any for the females. Is any one making some? Or should I take a crack at it?
 harrytonksherm
12-02-2007, 2:10 AM
do the files unpack? The way that this installer works is that you have to set the path for each component. so no matter what the files will install to the default path. Sorry.

I am looking into other install builders, but it has made it a little easyer for me to make other components that need to be installed in the same path without forcing them to be installed.

So ya that is a problem if your game is not installed in the default path. But do the file unpack if so you can just move them to where they need to be. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I installed the game under typical and custom but I still cant select anybody new from the character generation menu. Also where do i unpack the the files?
 Thankteamgizka
04-27-2008, 5:32 PM
When I try to install the mod it says select install disk what do I do?

No advertising in your posts. Thanks. -RH
 JeRiChO III
09-16-2008, 5:48 AM
hmmm...if it isnt too much to ask, can someone kindly give me a list of ORSAN's, SepRithRo's, Shoosey's, T7's, Darth333's, gameunlimited, Kitty Kitty's, Colja's mod files that they have created(in no particular order)that are in this plug-in, teh reason being is that all the files in the override folder are all in alphabetical order and i cant tell which fiile beolngs to what author :confused:

help will be GREATLY appreciated!!! :thumbsup:
 ChAiNz.2da
09-16-2008, 5:51 AM
hmmm...if it isnt too much to ask, can someone kindly give me a list of ORSAN's, SepRithRo's, Shoosey's, T7's, Darth333's, gameunlimited, Kitty Kitty's, Colja's mod files that they have created(in no particular order)that are in this plug-in, teh reason being is that all the files in the override folder are all in alphabetical order and i cant tell which fiile beolngs to what author :confused:

help will be GREATLY appreciated!!! :thumbsup:

:confused: Not sure what you're asking. Do you need the mods that they contributed to the plug-in (listed in the first post of this thread) or the individual files that make up the mods they contributed?

and Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:
 JeRiChO III
09-16-2008, 1:21 PM
:confused: Not sure what you're asking. Do you need the mods that they contributed to the plug-in (listed in the first post of this thread) or the individual files that make up the mods they contributed?

and Welcome to the Forums! :waive1:

lol Thx :D

i need the individual files that make up the mods, they dont have to be in any particular order like i said, and why im asking is because of...Vista...:fist:
 T7nowhere
09-24-2008, 8:09 PM
lol Thx :D

i need the individual files that make up the mods, they dont have to be in any particular order like i said, and why im asking is because of...Vista...:fist:

I don't understand. I Use Vista and I had no problem installing it the other day.
 JeRiChO III
09-27-2008, 4:36 AM
I don't understand. I Use Vista and I had no problem installing it the other day.

well its just that when i install it..all the mods get installed even tho i select which ones i "dont" want they get installed and idk if vista is the problem but when i open the override file all the mods are there and idk which ones belong to which author and its frustrating...
 T7nowhere
09-27-2008, 4:02 PM
well its just that when i install it..all the mods get installed even tho i select which ones i "dont" want they get installed and idk if vista is the problem but when i open the override file all the mods are there and idk which ones belong to which author and its frustrating...

I think that might be my fault, I included most of the mods in the main install and I think I might have included a coouple as additional installs eventhough they were in the main install. I might have done this incase you choose another of the selective installs and then want to revert.

But It also may have been my mistake. it was the first time that I had used an installer and so I probably made some mistakes. I never updated as I started to make more of my own mods and it became to much of a chore to continue with the mod merging and make my own stuff. In the readme I listed all the mod contributers and their mods so if you need to know the specific files you might be able to find their mods online to download.

Edit:
I found my back up folder from when I set this compilation up so let me know which mods you want and I can check to see which files you need to install. I'm actually surprised that I still have it. lol that was two PC's ago. I'm more organized that I thought ;)
 JeRiChO III
09-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I think that might be my fault, I included most of the mods in the main install and I think I might have included a coouple as additional installs eventhough they were in the main install. I might have done this incase you choose another of the selective installs and then want to revert.

But It also may have been my mistake. it was the first time that I had used an installer and so I probably made some mistakes. I never updated as I started to make more of my own mods and it became to much of a chore to continue with the mod merging and make my own stuff. In the readme I listed all the mod contributers and their mods so if you need to know the specific files you might be able to find their mods online to download.

Edit:
I found my back up folder from when I set this compilation up so let me know which mods you want and I can check to see which files you need to install. I'm actually surprised that I still have it. lol that was two PC's ago. I'm more organized that I thought ;)

lol nice :)... but the only mods that caught my attention were

Colja:reskined final DS faces for some of the PC's
Darth333: Recutible Dustil
ORSAN:selectibable character Obi Wan
T7nowhere(you):Sabers+DS_equipement, Dual colored doublesabers, Bastila selctible on Korriban(speacial thanks goes to Kitty Kitty for this one) 5 Selectable male twi'leks with DS transitions, Selectable Uthar with DS transitions, plus selectible npc's with out Ds transitions yet Gadon, Brejik, Davik, Mekel, Rakata, Duros and Swoopgang, Plus a few other cosmetic things are changed here and there.

i tried installing your sabers and dual colored doublesabers but they didnt work and i think i may have installed the wrong files...
 T7nowhere
10-04-2008, 2:00 AM
Colja:reskined final DS faces for some of the PC'sPFHA01d.tga
PFHA03d.tga
PFHA04d.tga
PFHC02d.tga
PFHC05d.tga
PMHA01d.tga
PMHA02d.tga
PMHA03d.tga
PMHA04d.tga
PMHA05d.tga
PMHB03d.tga
PMHB04d.tga
PMHC02d.tga
PMHC04d.tga

appearance.2da
dus_recruit.ncs
k_hdustil_dialog.dlg
k_swg_carth30.ncs
k_swg_dustil7.ncs
k_swg_uthar22.ncs
kor39_utharwynn.dlg
p_dustil.utc
p_dustilc.dlg
portraits.2da
recruit dustil.txt

appearance.2da
EnReadMe.txt
heads.2da
p_obiwanh.mdl
p_obiwanh.mdx
p_ObiWanH01.tga
po_pmha1.tga
po_pmha1d.tga
po_pmha1d1.tga
po_pmha1d2.tga
po_pmha1d3.tga

Bastila selctible on Korriban
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_on_Korriban;87733)

Thats all I can help you with. among those mods. As for the sabers i have made better mods after this one. Those ones were made during my learning stage when I clueless ;) . Look for WotOR.
 JeRiChO III
10-04-2008, 9:49 AM
Colja:reskined final DS faces for some of the PC'sPFHA01d.tga
PFHA03d.tga
PFHA04d.tga
PFHC02d.tga
PFHC05d.tga
PMHA01d.tga
PMHA02d.tga
PMHA03d.tga
PMHA04d.tga
PMHA05d.tga
PMHB03d.tga
PMHB04d.tga
PMHC02d.tga
PMHC04d.tga

appearance.2da
dus_recruit.ncs
k_hdustil_dialog.dlg
k_swg_carth30.ncs
k_swg_dustil7.ncs
k_swg_uthar22.ncs
kor39_utharwynn.dlg
p_dustil.utc
p_dustilc.dlg
portraits.2da
recruit dustil.txt

appearance.2da
EnReadMe.txt
heads.2da
p_obiwanh.mdl
p_obiwanh.mdx
p_ObiWanH01.tga
po_pmha1.tga
po_pmha1d.tga
po_pmha1d1.tga
po_pmha1d2.tga
po_pmha1d3.tga

Bastila selctible on Korriban
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Bastila_on_Korriban;87733)

Thats all I can help you with. among those mods. As for the sabers i have made better mods after this one. Those ones were made during my learning stage when I clueless ;) . Look for WotOR.

awesome :D!

thanks alot! i will install and start playing ASAP!
 Doomcat
12-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello this is my first post and i have a question:

i like the sound of most of these mods and i would like to play with the plug in BUUUT i have one (confirmed) mod that conflicts and another mod that im not sure and might conflict and i was wondering if there was an esey way (please dont say .2da editing i had to do that to get THESE two working togeather and that was annoying enough) to get these to work at the same time?

the mods are:

AIOFPM: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=135226&highlight=force+power+pack)

and the brotherhood of shadow expansion pack: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182469)

is there any way i can get all these to work togeather eseily? sorry im a noob to this :( and thanks for the help (in advance)

EDIT: just a thing to mention...i HAVE wred the guide to installing mods, just so you know :D
 redmark
05-13-2009, 5:48 AM
Hello , I'm new here and found yesterday this amazing mod .

This mod is juts AMAZING !! I love the new color of Malak , Bastila , Juhani . I'm still in Dantooine and so far everything is just amazing . The new level in the EbonHawk made me droole lol that was awesome ! Great work . :D

But I'm encountering a bug . :(

I don't know wich item is making this bug but it happen to everyone but my charachter . Canderous was turned into a blue female twilek . Juhanie was turned into those bug eyes race , then after loading a save she was turned into those lizard like race .

I deleted all the armors that I got from the basement level just in case . But now it seem since I kept those neat gauntlet and belt...one of them or maybe all of them are turning the crew into a new race .

Any idea how to stop this ??? It's just freaky , canderous with a lipstick and boobs and with that voice LOL

Please help , if there is any way maybe delete some files or something ???

Thank you ! can't wait to continue , I bet there is more to this mod I didn't see :-)
 Lady_Revan
06-10-2009, 8:25 PM
More newbie questions.

Can I use this mod with Brotherhood of Shadow: SR?
I've never seen this mod before, but it looks awesome and I would love to give it a try.

Thanks for the help.

~*~Revan
Page: 5 of 6