Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Page: 21 of 25
 EvilSupahFly
07-18-2008, 3:56 AM
Wow... check your keyboard mappings maybe and make sure Windows is using the correct Code Page and regional keyboard layout. Failing that, try to bind the console key to some other key instead, though I think maybe "~" is hard-coded and non-negotiable. Also make sure you don't have any mods for the wrong game in your override folder, as I had done. Try moving everything out of the override folder and into a temp folder somewhere and see if that makes a difference.
 Dracken Ketra
07-18-2008, 4:00 AM
Whoops, sorry, I forgot to mention that my computer is Vista, although I didn't want it that OS, I wanted XP. v_v;
Not sure how to set the keyboard mapping with this OS.
 tk102
07-18-2008, 12:40 PM
Make sure your savegames aren't set to Read Only in their Properties context page. Also Vista does some weird things with storing savegames in an alternate folder, effectively fooling KSE. See this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=190215) for information.
 EvilSupahFly
07-18-2008, 1:48 PM
Take a huge dump on Bill Gate's desk, stick a sign in it and call it "Vista." I don't think I'll ever willingly get Vista, and this SaveGame issue is just one more reason!
 Dracken Ketra
07-18-2008, 3:51 PM
Odd, I checked the files, none of them are read-only, and I don't think I have a section for "Vista Virtual Store" either. o_o; I'm stumped.
 EvilSupahFly
07-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Is there a way I can modify the Swoop Race "Time To Beat" on each planet (after Taris) that offers Swoop minigames, modify the Swoop bike's performance in the minigame, or modify the Swoop track?

EDIT:
It's amazing what Google can turn up: Swoop Mod: http://www.lucasforums.com/archive/index.php/t-124522.html)
 Rabid_Child
08-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Where can I get a description of what each Boolean/Numeric does?

I am stuck in the game (TSL) waiting on a cut scene that refuses to appear. I need to know what to set in order to move on.

Specifics are: Nar Shadar, I cannot get the invitation to visit the exchange.
 EvilSupahFly
08-07-2008, 12:58 PM
What's the ETR on 3.3.4, and what groovey new features will it contain? :)
 BlazingPhoenix
08-07-2008, 7:52 PM
Yeah, I could like to know as well.
 tk102
08-07-2008, 8:01 PM
I'm not working any future versions currently.
 oceanclub
08-12-2008, 6:03 PM
Great tool this... I've looked carefully through all the nodes underneath a save game node, though, and can't find how you can change your party selection. Is that possible?

Thanks,

P.

EDIT: Argh, ignore that - turns out I was using a very old version of the editor (one of the first hits on Google unfortunately) - the latest one has an obvious "edit party" setting.
 Evil Kiwi
08-17-2008, 12:12 AM
Argh, trouble... here's some screens of the error reports:

http://i35.tinypic.com/fvcjk4.png) (When opening save game)
http://i33.tinypic.com/21kh5w6.jpg) (Follow-up)
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qvfsdg.png) (When attempting to commit changes)
http://i38.tinypic.com/23r8irl.png) (Follow-up)

Sorry if I that's not much to go by or if this is already covered somewhere, but there's a lot of pages to search and I really don't have the time. Anyway, any help?
 sirota554
08-20-2008, 2:20 AM
hey im getting this problem where i tried to run 3.3.3 and it wouldnt start and still wont it says something about perlapp or perl58.dll so i tried 332a and that didnt work can any of yall help me?
 Darth Payne
09-04-2008, 3:00 PM
I've got a similar problem to sirota, i try to run KSE and nothing happens.

I don't even get the .dll thing he does.

I'm trying to run it on a HP laptop.
 Xemnyx
09-09-2008, 8:32 AM
i used kse very often now when i try to open it i breaks down without any error message(i tried to delete the override folder and tried to start again but it doesnt work so i re installed the mods again wich took time you should have to know that i have lots of mods). Can someone help me please
 tk102
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
To everyone having problems with KSE using Vista, I'm afraid I can't help you much at this time since Vista has some strict security issues that I'm not an expert on. I do know that the Program Files folder is generally off-limits to normal users attempting to modify files so KSE should always be Run As Administrator. Other things include read only access to savegames -- you may need to change all the save game folders to not be Read Only.

I would encourage others who have Vista and have used KSE successfully to offer their advice to fellow Vista users in this thread.

From now on, please say what operating system you have when you have KSE problems to report. And please also check this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163778) first before posting. Thanks!
 Xemnyx
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
i have Xp and i have Kse332a but that dosent work too please help me
 tk102
09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Create a kse.log file as described in the Troubleshooting KSE thread and post the contents of it here.
 Xemnyx
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
i do what the post is saying but i dont know how to create a file i can only create an interactual skin thing and when i do what ya were saying there is nothing to read or else so what should i do
 Darth Payne
09-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Well, i had Vista on my stationary computer and had no big problems with KSE.

I have Vista on my new laptop as well and i get absolutely nothing, KSE won't start at all.
 Sicon112
10-04-2008, 8:02 PM
I have a bit of a problem here. This worked like a charm on everything I did until I tried to add some force powers into the game. The mod was supposed to work with ver. 1.4.0 and up but when I add the modified spells.2da file to my override and try to open kse it gives me this message:

Attempted to read past end of dialog.tlk
(tried to read string 99077 but dialog.tlk has 49138 entries)

KotOR 1 spells.2da

The mod's name is "The Dark Lords Force Powers" if anyone has any help I'd be really happy. I'm new so if its obvious sorry about bothering you. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Now i REALLY need help. While trying to fix it myself i ended up making it so i can't load my save. If i can get it fixed i will be able to load it again, but it wont work 'till then.
 Darth333
10-05-2008, 4:23 PM
@ Sicon112: this is a common error that occurs when the spells.2da file refers to non-existent entries in the dialog.tlk file. Make sure the mod is installed correctly (check its readme too).

You'll find more details in this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163778)
 Sicon112
10-05-2008, 6:01 PM
Ok I'll do that. Thanks a bunch.
 ryanir
10-22-2008, 1:08 PM
Hello i have problem with Kotor and i tried to use KSE to solve it but i got more of problems

Well i have windows vista and i have problem that some other vista users have.
The game crashes after leaving leviathan and shooting scene on ebon hawk, it just drops to desktop.

i tried single core, no movies, no sound etc compability modes nothing helped,
so i tried to "swap" map but that requires a command console and it seems impossible to get working on Vista, i added the EnableCheats=1 and Enable Console=1 to swkotor.ini and made the write authentications to file but still cant bring the console down so iam stuck in leviathan.

So i installed the Darth333 Armband mod witch brings the teleportation armband to game so i could get pass of my leviathan spot, but it only appeared on character when i start new game.

I have played 16hours with current character and i dont wanna play all of it again, so now i tried to apply the armband to my current character inventario with KSE but it gives me following error when i commit changes :(

http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noesaj5.jpg)
and after that
http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=noes2jy9.jpg)

If anyone could have any idea how i could continue game i would be pleased to know.
 tk102
10-22-2008, 1:23 PM
Since you're running Vista and the game is installed in the Program Files directory, you need admin permissions to truly modify files (eg. swkotor.ini) in those directories. Otherwise, Vista tricks you by making you think you're writing the file, but really it's creating virtualized version.

Bottom line: Any change you want to make to any KotOR file (including swkotor.ini and use of KSE) requires Administrator rights.
 ryanir
10-22-2008, 1:58 PM
Well i installed the game to my c/games/kotor directory and swkotor.ini changes affected cause i tried Disable sound =1 and it had effect, but now i try installing it on program files and then modifying swkotor.ini from the /users/virtualStorage/etc

I allso tried both the us and european console brigging but no effect.

If it dont work i go to my friend on weekend and iam brigging kotor and my savegames with me and playing past the spot and brinning save games back to my vista computer,if even that fails something will blow up
 Haroth
10-28-2008, 1:14 AM
Question: Is there a way to change how Revan's gender and alignment are, so that you can see the scenes with Carth and Bastila? If so, how? What do I specifically have to do?
 tk102
10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
 aznplayer213
10-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Hi i have question, the game save editor is not working for me. Can you guys help?

update:hi i can change somethings like filenames but feats and skills do not show change in the game.anyone know why? also i am near the beginning of the game in the mining facility. I am playing currently as the robot.
 Mikeykin
12-24-2008, 8:55 AM
Hey, I love your tool and enjoy it, I just download it today and try it out.
Since the cheat console doens't seem to work.....

But I notice some option doesn't work sure as credit or Item....
please tell me if there is a problem or maybe it just doesn't work for me.
 Visitors
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
well i think i found the problem i had with kse and in generally kotor..
i had the desire of replaying kotor 1 first then kotor 2... and use kse for easy things...
Well i installed some mod too and there is the problem...
I create a save with kotor but in the save directory it doesn't create anything, kse see anyway the save, i can change it but when i try to load it remain at 30% around and don't load... i searched in the directories and seen that kotor don't create a save... so i tried to put kotor.exe in admin mode and well.. it create the save... but the problem is another!! mod won't work anymore 'cause of it so how i can solve this things?
Oh btw in appdata and virtualdrive there is nothing at all about kotor
 silentrock
01-13-2009, 6:52 PM
Is there a way to change vitality points? or be on some kind of god mode?

cuz i already tried the cheatcodes but they doesnt work for me
 Darth Payne
01-13-2009, 7:06 PM
You get more vitality points by increasing your constitution level.

I don't remember any other way at the moment.
 silentrock
01-13-2009, 7:24 PM
i have another n00b quiestion,

whats Min 1 HP?
 Star Admiral
01-13-2009, 7:53 PM
Min1HP means that the character will always have at least one health point. Translation: the character will never die no matter what.

- Star Admiral
 silentrock
01-13-2009, 9:42 PM
Thanks for the "Translation" cuz im so stupid and i couldnt know what "Min1HP means that the character will always have at least one health point" means,

But thanks Any way
 Doom83
02-01-2009, 7:10 AM
I have another problem tk102... i want to go to the star forge(i'm darskide all way) and i get stuck in a cutscene... when i try to download those fixes it redirects me to google.. please someone help :(
 tk102
02-01-2009, 11:56 AM
The official download site is http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
 Doom83
02-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks tk you rule
 The Architect
02-06-2009, 8:50 PM
Alright here's my problem, I go through my first play through of KotOR using KSE, so I max everyone's stats, Force powers, items, classes, all that jazz, all works well 1st play through is all good, and I could do all that fine in my 2nd play through, only this time I couldn't trigger more than one party member conversation with Canderous, couldn't trigger any PM convo's with Juhani.

And then I could only trigger a couple with Bastila but no more, and so I tried a new play through and the same problem occurred, and I tried things like adding and reducing XP, removing and re-adding classes, lowering the levels, increasing the levels but no matter what I did I couldn't trigger new conversations with them, so yeah.

What do you think the problem is?
 tk102
02-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Are you maxing out the level of the characters too? If I remember correctly the some of the sidequest conversation scripts record the xp level that you (or the NPC) is at and the next sequence checks to see whether you've an increased your level before it initiates. If you're already at level 20, then you wouldn't be able to sequence through the dialogs.

If my memory is wrong here, I apologize. I'm on my laptop without KotOR installed.
 The Architect
02-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Are you maxing out the level of the characters too? If I remember correctly the some of the sidequest conversation scripts record the xp level that you (or the NPC) is at and the next sequence checks to see whether you've an increased your level before it initiates. If you're already at level 20, then you wouldn't be able to sequence through the dialogs.

If my memory is wrong here, I apologize. I'm on my laptop without KotOR installed.

Yeah I maxed out the levels of my party members, too. Do you think I should try next time doing everything else but avoid adding any XP or high levels, just like, start with 0 experience as you would in a non KSE manipulated play through, and just start say Level 1 Scout/Level 1 Sentinel and start each NPC at level 1 for Jedi classes?
 Darth_Exion
02-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Hello, everyone! I'm new here, but not entirely new to this site (I've visited many, many times getting mods, tools, and advice). Before I submit my problem, I would like to say, KSE is THE best cheating device I've ever used, even when compared to the old-fashioned GameShark I used to have for my PlayStation (I hated having to type in those long strings of random numbers)
Anyway, I read through at least eight pages of this forum, and I havent found anyone with a similar problem, so I figured I'd post.
I was going through the mods I have installed (for KOTOR 1 on the PC, I dont have KOTOR 2... yet) and making sure they were all compatable. After I was satisfied that they were, I went into a save to make sure everything was working. I noticed that my female Chiss PC didn't have a texture for her body (an unrelated problem, that I've already fixed).
So, I saved and went back out, fixed the problem, but when I tired to load the save, KOTOR crashed. So, I went into KSE to see if I could tell what the problem was, and, in the NPC section Zaalbar, Mission, and T3's names had all changed to "Bad StrRef". I went into one of these files, and got an error. The error from kse.log is this:

02-07-2009 21:22:03 #1#000002 - Game1#NPCs#NPC7 clicked
error:Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1467.

Tk::Error: Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1467.
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1079
Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /PerlApp/Tk/Tree.pm line 77
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1080
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 282
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 98
<ButtonRelease-1>
(command bound to event)

And, in the NPC stat section, all the stats are replaced with: HASH(0x51 be850)
I found a semi-similar problem (at least one having to do with an ARRAY reference), and it said the problem was with the PARTYTABLE.res. So, I figured I would replace the partytable with one from an earlier save. Well, now it can load, but those three characters dont even appear if I set them on my party in KSE, and it still crashes if I have Jolee in my party (I'm in the temple on the unknown planet, and jolee was the only one I had with me... I found it very strange that it only crashed with him, when he wasnt one of the characters whose stats were messed up)

Edit: just now, when I tried to check it again, it came up with an error when I clicked on the NPC section, instead of when I clicked on an individual character, new error is:

error:Can't use string ("234") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1352.

Tk::Error: Can't use string ("234") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1352.
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1079
Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /PerlApp/Tk/Tree.pm line 77
Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1080
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 282
Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 98

Which is almost, but not exactly, the same error...
It's weird, though... the game seems fine, as long as I dont use Mission, Zaalbar, or T3, and as long as I keep Jolee out of my party...
(Sorry about the length... didn't know how much, or how little, information was necessary)
 Star Admiral
02-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Did you change your dialog.tlk file? That might be a reason for all the BadStrRef errors you've been getting. If you have an earlier save that you haven't messed with, you can try loading that one, as a corrupted PartyTable.res is not easy to fix. You'll be better off starting a new game.

- Star Admiral
 Darth_Exion
02-13-2009, 1:29 PM
Yeah, I think I do have a mod that changes it... yeah, that explains it... Luckily I did have a save only a little while back, which is weird, cause I always override... (although, I now realize that that is a very dumb idea)...

Well, cool, thanks guys.

P.S. Just got KOTOR 2... and then I started learning all about it's incompatibility issues with Vista... :( ... You know, if I didn't love games so much, I would just completely swear off machines altogether...
 Star Admiral
02-13-2009, 6:38 PM
Don't give up on TSL for Vista. It works just fine. The two main things that you have to do is first obtain the Vista fix for it off KF, available here (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Windows_Vista_Fix;85439), and be sure when installing/playing the game to run it as an administrator.

- Star Admiral
 Hakkyou no Tenshi
02-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I actually need help with something. The messenger quests in my game won't activate and I've finished the Leviathan and Mika Dorin's shop won't open up. How can I use the game save editor to activate these?
 Te Je'karta Mand'alor
03-01-2009, 1:39 PM
ok, so i used the save game editer to change my apperance to darth malak. how do i change back to my character? i tried everything....:confused: any help?
:ewok: :ewok: :ewok:
 dd81
04-17-2009, 3:30 PM
hi guys, I downloaded the KSE but when i try to run it nothing happens. After a while I opened my task manager and while looking at my task manager I run KSE then I could see KSE pop up but just to disappear the next instant. This happens every time I've tried it. Gone on for days with this, I have no mods installed the only thing I've done is to enable cheats. So do anyone know what to do.

All I want is to find a quick way to add feats and powers. Maybe someone know another easy way.
 Te Je'karta Mand'alor
04-17-2009, 4:32 PM
so what's the newest version of KSE... as in 2009
Page: 21 of 25