Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

Page: 16 of 25
 The_Drizzit
03-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Huh. that's kinda cool. I'll have to look at it and see if it has any different skills or anything.
 DarkSpiral
03-23-2006, 9:31 AM
Can the KSE be used to trigger whatever requirments are needed to get the Jekk Jekk Tarr invitation?

That tiny bat-like alien assures me that the Exchange hates my guts, I've completed every quest there is on the planet, and I'm purely tired of waiting for that squid to send me his offer....

Edit: Come to think of it, the Red Eclipse hasn't shown up yet so that's why Visquis hasn't extended and offer of "hospitality" yet, but they're long overdue.
 MaQogh
03-31-2006, 4:58 AM
Found a small bug i think. I started a charcter as a counciler and decided to change to a guardian. only problem is even though i have the force jump feats the charcter will never jump to an opponent. any ideals (save starting a new charcter) on a fix for this?

M
 fonsolo
03-31-2006, 5:10 AM
That's quite strange... I've always added the force jump feat to my character via KSE (I don't usually play as guardian, so that's my only option) and never had a problem... I'd check again my available feats in KSE, and verify you actually have force jump.
 mimic666
04-12-2006, 3:44 PM
The Feats won't show on my pc's and npc's and I also cannot add new feats.
When I add new Items to my inventory I get a "Damaged Game" screen when I try to load the save.
and I cannot change my class to Jedi.
 tk102
04-12-2006, 3:53 PM
Are you a PC or Xbox user?
 mimic666
04-12-2006, 4:54 PM
Xbox, Sorry I forgot to add that tidbit. If it matters I haven't tryed it on TSL, but only on kotor1
 tk102
04-12-2006, 5:06 PM
That explains a great deal. You cannot add or subtract Feats/Powers/Classes/Items on the Xbox. You can only replace existing ones. More details are in this thread and in the kse-readme.txt. My own ability to support KSE-Xbox questions is severely limited since I don't own an Xbox myself. :)
 mimic666
04-12-2006, 5:14 PM
Thanks for the insight
 DarthMaul v.1/2
04-12-2006, 7:24 PM
Hey, tk102! I was just browsing through when I bumped into this thread, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to THANK YOU for the GREAT KSE savegame editor! I am fairly new (March) to this site and I have not had the chance to say thanks (although I've had plenty of chance to play with KSE). IMHO, KSE is simply the best MOD/utility available for KotOR 1 and TSL--- and I mean ANY MOD --- USM, Dark Apprentice, RedHawke's GREAT MODs --- and that is by no means a slight to them (I have over 40 active MODs on my current savegame, and I love them all!), but if I could only have one MOD on my game it would be KSE!

Great work, man!

I love all the functions of KSE, cheating in items, adjusting influence and attributes, changing appearances, but my favorite aspect is simply being able to change my party members' names. I know it isn't an earth-shattering, game-breaking thing, but I think it's great! I have always hated playing on the Dark side, becoming a Sith lord, recruiting my party into Sith apprentices, and not being able to re-name them Darth Whatever (in keeping with the TRUE spirit and story of STAR WARS). You have kindly solved this one time "daydream" of mine for this game, and now I have 7 little Darths running around TSL!

Also, do you plan on updating/upgrading KSE in the near future? And if you do, what are you thinking of adding/changing?

DarthMaul, KSE is a Savegame Editor hence it is a tool, not a Mod. They are quite different things. ;) -RH
Edit tk102: Thank you for the kind words DarthMaul v.1/2. I'm glad it has enhanced your gameplay experience. There are no real plans for updating KSE at this time. :)
 Joris1
04-14-2006, 6:28 AM
Hey., I have a problem! When I open the Savegameeditor, it shows me this error:

Attempted to read past end of dialog.tkl
(tried to read string 136375 but dialog.tkl has 1363774 entries)

KotOR Spells.2da

What have I to do now?
 mimic666
04-14-2006, 2:14 PM
Sorry looks like a comp question to me, but are you using Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\ as the opening directory or Lucas Arts\ or Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\saves

Well I've got to go to work in an hour or so + I've still got to get ready. So hopefully I get a reply before 4 o'clock Central Time.
 Joris1
04-15-2006, 5:32 AM
Sorry looks like a comp question to me, but are you using Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\ as the opening directory or Lucas Arts\ or Lucas Arts\SWKotOR\saves

Of course ...\saves ! But I think I know how to solute the problem!
 TheOssusKeeper
04-15-2006, 5:31 PM

KotOR Spells.2da

What have I to do now?

That error accurs when you install mods that modify the dialog.tlk file and then remove the mod without restoring the previous dialog.tlk... when you open the savegame editor you will recieve those kinds of errors... you should only have to restore the dialog.tlk to it's previous un-edited/modified condition and the error should be gone, Note: I said should be...
 taclled
04-17-2006, 10:42 AM
i dont know if this should go here but im having a problem with kse322.
when i try to run kse it says

"Attempted to read past end of dialog.tlk(tried to read string 136336
but dialog.tlk has 136321 entries

KotOR Spells.2da"

Does any one know how to fix this
 RedHawke
04-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Topics dealing with one of the tools need to go in T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center... moving. ;)
 Darkkender
04-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Have you installed any mods that change the dialogue.tlk file or are you running a version of StarWars Knights in a different language?
 tk102
04-17-2006, 1:13 PM
 tk102
04-17-2006, 1:15 PM

KotOR Spells.2da

What have I to do now?

See this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=163778)
 taclled
04-17-2006, 2:38 PM
Have you installed any mods that change the dialogue.tlk file or are you running a version of StarWars Knights in a different language? i dont think so i bought my game in a PX where i lived so it should be english i dont think i have any mods installed that change the dialog.tlk i just had a different error(boy dont the errors all seem centered on the telos academy) so i reinstalled the game and now it gives me that error
 tk102
04-17-2006, 3:56 PM
Clear the spells.2da file out of your override file if you have one and delete the offending savegame.
 taclled
04-17-2006, 4:41 PM
Clear the spells.2da file out of your override file if you have one and delete the offending savegame.i dont under stand i try to run the kse and it gives it to me so which is the offending sg
 tk102
04-17-2006, 4:58 PM
In that case, just remove the spells.2da from your override.
 taclled
04-18-2006, 2:39 PM
thanks tk102 it works now
 Asgarnia
04-22-2006, 7:45 AM
I downloaded the KSE 3.3.3 and tried to run it, then nothing happened, for some reason it wont even start. Anyone knows how to fix that or does anyone else have the same problem ? :I

Edit: Nothing anymore, i needed to download KSE 3.3.2a, and it works, for now atleast... :) thanks Darth333
 SithLordStriker
04-23-2006, 8:33 PM
i'm a big noob at this and I was wondering where do you get the thingy called dialog.tlk from? Where in the game save? I use winzip

Mod Edit: Please do not type in all caps, it is considered shouting, and most people don't even bother to read posts in all or mostly caps, I have fixed your post for you this time. Thanks. -RH
 RedHawke
04-24-2006, 1:03 AM
i'm a big noob at this and I was wondering where do you get the thingy called dialog.tlk from? Where in the game save? I use winzip
Dialog.tlk is installed with the game to the main game directory, typically;

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR for KotOR I
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 for TSL (KotOR II)

It isn't part of the save game. ;)
 Xboxgamer09
05-11-2006, 9:36 PM
I have a softmodded Xbox, and Ive been looking around for help with the KSE 3.3.3. Editor. Can someone in here help me? All I want to do is change the dudes name and maybe his attributes. I copied the UDATA folder to the PC and when I tell the program where to find it, it adds the UDATA folder under KotOR with a +, and when I click on it I get an error message. Do I need the KotOR tool and anything else to make this work, or am I just doing it wrong? Cause if I need KotOR tool im screwed cause I have dialup...... :( Oh, and if I am in the wrong place again, please tell me who to talk to/where to go. Thanx!
 tk102
05-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I copied the UDATA folder to the PC and when I tell the program where to find it, it adds the UDATA folder under KotOR with a +, and when I click on it I get an error message.

Hello,
KSE requires a specific directory structure with data files (and .sig files!) placed in their expected folders. The details are in kse-readme.txt.

Also, when editing your PC's or NPCs' names for Xbox, you must keep the same number of characters as before or you will get a "damaged save game" message on the Xbox. (I think I still need to add that to the kse-readme.txt!)
 sion_revan
06-04-2006, 4:19 PM
ok, so how do i use this? i have a mod, and someone advised to use this to make it work or something. I JUST WANT REVAN'S ROBES WITH THE HOOD UP! GOD DAMN!!
 mimic666
06-05-2006, 7:46 AM
If you change your appearance to Unique_Darth_Revan you will have the Robes on when you load the save, but you will not be able to change from this "Ingame" unless you have a disquise or the "Sith Armor (Taris)".
 ChAiNz.2da
06-06-2006, 6:18 PM
ok, so how do i use this? i have a mod, and someone advised to use this to make it work or something. I JUST WANT REVAN'S ROBES WITH THE HOOD UP! GOD DAMN!!
First off.. calm down and lose the 'tude... We'll be more than happy to help if you aren't going to snap on us ;)

Secondly, which mod are you having problems with? Have you considered that path (fixing the actual problem)... KSE can definitely fix it, but the problem mod may cause other unforseen problems if you don't either fix it or disable it (said mod)...

Let us know if you want to pursue using KSE to fix your problem, or if you'd rather have alternate suggestions for mods and/or fixing it :)
 Ravage13
07-06-2006, 5:47 AM
I am probably going to simply embarrass myself but...
I am new to the forums but I have read everything that seemed relevant. I am having difficulty with the KSE savegame editor. Using the pc version of KOTOR (no mod changes) I was able to change the NPC characters with no difficulty. With KOTOR2 (no mod changes), I cannot seem to change anything with the NPC characters (stats, appearance, class). For example, I wanted to add a Guardian class to Handmaiden immediately after adding her to the party (not patient enough to wait) and discovered I could change my pc character easy enough but nothing with the npc's. Am I missing a file? Corrupted KSE install? Or simply something I have overlooked? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
 cheeseofengland
07-11-2006, 8:17 PM
Hi i'm a newbie.
Well now that's out the way, is there any way to change the dark side portraits? I can place a portrait for say po_pfha01 in the over ride folder, and then i use kse to replace the portrait. But only neutral portraits show up in the editor.. is there any way i can replace the negative alignment portraits?

Thanks a bucket.

Wolly..
 General Kenobi
07-11-2006, 8:44 PM
Hi i'm a newbie.
Well now that's out the way, is there any way to change the dark side portraits? I can place a portrait for say po_pfha01 in the over ride folder, and then i use kse to replace the portrait. But only neutral portraits show up in the editor.. is there any way i can replace the negative alignment portraits?

Thanks a bucket.

Wolly..

Hey :D

You can always do a conversion for a certain character or the like by pulling out the original .tga files and editing them and dropping them back into the override folder. you can do both the portraits and the skins for the models themselves that way. I'd try doing a search for HeAdShOp Mod and it has all your questions I believe answered in there. A thread on Holowan Labs. ;)

Hope that helps a bit,

:ben:
General Kenobi
 cheeseofengland
07-12-2006, 7:42 AM
Hey :D

You can always do a conversion for a certain character or the like by pulling out the original .tga files and editing them and dropping them back into the override folder. you can do both the portraits and the skins for the models themselves that way. I'd try doing a search for HeAdShOp Mod and it has all your questions I believe answered in there. A thread on Holowan Labs. ;)

Hope that helps a bit,

General Kenobi

Thanks! And to think, i aways thought you were just a fictional character..

-Wolly
 General Kenobi
07-12-2006, 1:27 PM
Well I had to off the bad guy with my clonetrooper army :D @#$# Sith :lightning
 CaptainWhyNot
07-14-2006, 1:02 PM
I noticed a problem with KSE 3.3.3 showing quests for the DAP:HC (Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium) v1.00.23 mod :smash:. It doesn't show the proper text entry in the left-hand window, but instead shows what looks like the first 32K or so entries from "dialog.tlk". I suspect the problem has to do with the mod's entries in "global.jrl" having Text StringRef set to -1 for using local strings (rather than a positive value for looking it up from "dialog.tlk"), but I don't know for sure. And, if I click on one of those messed up quest entries, KSE crashes and exits with an error message. (If you need more info about the error, let me know.) Fortunately, it doesn't seem to cause problems with any other quests.
 SharonC
07-29-2006, 3:21 AM
I am in need of help,

Don't know if this is related to the program or not but figured I'd post something here in thinking perhaps someone else has had this problem.

I'm Playing KOTORII and I just boarded the ebon hawk and got a message to return to dxum, but the problem is, everytime I go to leave to another planet it shows the movie and then where it should be loading it just goes directly to the game menu when you start up KOTORII and is frozen. I tried going other places as well but got the same result.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them.
 General Kenobi
07-29-2006, 3:28 PM
So when the game is loading the area, instead of the area it goes back out to the load screen and freezes?

Does the game have the same problem with other characters or just your current one?

General Kenobi
 Analia
08-04-2006, 9:48 PM
What's the codes for KSE to make my character into this one? http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/slinkyamy/hmmm.jpg)
 lord ignarn
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
She looks like a custom made character,KSE canґt do anything here Iґm sorry. Try to find it, itґs the only answer I can give you.
 Darnay
08-22-2006, 3:57 PM
How do I add/remove force powers? I don't see an option letting me, just feats and skills.

Thanks for any replies
 Addlcove
08-23-2006, 4:28 AM
as I recall (which means I'm probably wrong) force powers are located under the "classes" menu, as part of your jedi subclass
 Lord_shadowhnr
08-23-2006, 10:40 PM
i downloaded 3.3.3 n it didnt run,like Asgarnia, i downloaded 3.3.2 ,but,it didnt run!!!!!can someone plz help me?
 Darth333
08-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Did you tried KSEa (not KSE 3.3.2 but KSEa 3.3.2])? The download link is right below that of KSE: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
 Lord_shadowhnr
08-27-2006, 4:29 PM
yea i did
 bba05
09-06-2006, 1:09 AM
Thanks, can get rid of the Sand Warrior/Dragon Pearl quest from the Journal now. There was no way to complete the quest because although I had the item, I'd already pwned the Sand Chief.

:D
 Gir19
09-14-2006, 9:15 PM
Ok, I have tried the past 4 versions of KSE and none of them are working for me.

I am running winxp sp2
I only have KOTOR2 installed with no mods
I have tried versions:
3.3.2a
and 3.2.8

they all come up with the same error saying that there was a problem within the module perl58.dll

I have tried emptying the temp folder then rebooting and trying again, then I have tried reinstalling KOTOR2, downloaded all 4 versions of KSE from different hosts and nothing appears to solve the issue.
 tk102
09-15-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry to hear you're having such problems. As a last ditch effort, you could try installing Perl 5.8.8 on your computer from ActiveState (free downalod) and then try KSE 3.3.3 again. Choose the Windows MSI x86.
Here is the download page: click (http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl)
Here is the direct download link: click (http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/Windows/5.8/ActivePerl-5.8.8.819-MSWin32-x86-267479.msi). (15.2Mb)

If that solves the problem please post so.

And welcome to the forums. :)
Page: 16 of 25