Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weiser_Cain's retextures [SPOILERS]

Page: 2 of 2
 Weiser_Cain
03-08-2004, 1:59 AM
Recolored Bonadan armor blue for Mission.
Download here (http://home.comcast.net/~Weiser_Cain/Images/PFBD02.tga)
http://home.comcast.net/~Weiser_Cain/Images/Bonadan_b.jpg)

Where is the icon for this armor?
 Weiser_Cain
03-08-2004, 2:27 AM
 Weiser_Cain
03-08-2004, 5:44 AM
Just a reminder, I'd appreciate comments .
 lord_blodgett
03-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Dude, we're struck silent with awe by your work :eek:
 Wes Marrakesh
03-09-2004, 1:48 AM
Whoah. Really, really nice, all of them.

When I saw the scoundrel re-texture, I went: DAMN! The original looked rather lame, and now the outfit is really slick looking and "fits" better.

What I want is a sort of base skin texture or base clothes texture to work off. I want to practice skinning and all that good stuff but I don't have much to go off.

KUTGW! :D
 Weiser_Cain
03-09-2004, 2:59 AM
I use the kotor tool to extract the original game textures. You could do the same or you could just download and alter my textures.
 Commas
03-09-2004, 5:37 AM
sigh, i guess im the only one who likes the original scoundrel, the jacket looks straight out of 1984! we can dance if we want to! we can leave our friends behind!

but i have to admit that the black does fit the persona a lot better. cause ya know when you're on the wrong side of the law, running from the man bright red is deffinatly the way to go, cause i mean no one will be lookin for the guy in the bright red Members Only jacket or anything

btw i love you're juhani retexture, i always thought her face looked a little weird before, yours is a major improvment as far as im concerned
 Hax0redCardz
03-09-2004, 6:52 AM
OMG! That Black Scoundrel outfit OWNZ!!!1 You're work is pretty amazing man.

I can't wait to get the male version :D :D :D
 Kitty Kitty
03-09-2004, 7:04 AM
Originally posted by i like commas
sigh, i guess im the only one who likes the original scoundrel, the jacket looks straight out of 1984! we can dance if we want to! we can leave our friends behind!

but i have to admit that the black does fit the persona a lot better. cause ya know when you're on the wrong side of the law, running from the man bright red is deffinatly the way to go, cause i mean no one will be lookin for the guy in the bright red Members Only jacket or anything

btw i love you're juhani retexture, i always thought her face looked a little weird before, yours is a major improvment as far as im concerned

Actually, I toyed around with the idea of doing a "black" version of the scoundrel a while back, but abandoned it.

Reason being, I really do like the original, and I just couldn't get a look I was happy with doing recolored versions.

As to it fitting better... you have to also bear in mind that 9 of 10 times, the best place to hide is in plain sight. Meaning being.. let's say the cops are looking for someone who just robbed a store. Well.. someone strolls easily by in flashy red and white clothes, all snazzy and whatnot... someone else walks by all in black, gray, etc...

Their instinct, even though it's going to be wrong, is to suspect the shady looking character. So there's definitely times when a bright flashy outfit fits a scoundrel quite well IMO. ;)

-Kitty
 T7nowhere
03-09-2004, 8:48 AM
I always disliked the scoundral clothes. It looks more like a uniform than clothes. IMO scout clothes suit the scoundral better. I do like the reskin though. Keep up the good work.
 Weiser_Cain
03-12-2004, 3:47 AM
Say, does anyone know what texture Exar Kun's armor uses?
 Kitty Kitty
03-12-2004, 4:16 AM
Hmm... I wouldn't want to swear to it, as I haven't used that one in a while...

But.. if the filenames follow logic, I believe it would be PFBE06 and PMBE06

Pretty sure that'd be them anyway.

-Kitty
 Weiser_Cain
03-12-2004, 1:51 PM
Thanks
 Weiser_Cain
03-15-2004, 4:53 AM
 Weiser_Cain
03-15-2004, 6:24 AM
Hosting issues...

...Ok as far as I know the issues are resolved. If you have downloading issues let me know...
This project isn't done but I thought you'd like a official look.
http://home.comcast.net/~weiser_cain/Images/Exar_kun_test_3.jpg)
This is a reskin of Exar Kun's light armor. It uses a lot of alpha texture detail (to the point of distraction). Somehow after all this work it still isn't done though this is the final design. I dread having to do this all over again for the male!
comments?
 Weiser_Cain
03-18-2004, 8:11 AM
Say everyone, How big of a texture are you willing to accept?
I work at 1024 and that's what you see above. But I've got a pretty good video card. I've been able to get the texture down to 512 without it looking like crap but it is a bit blurrier. And while its nice how this hides the bad spots and it still looks better than some of the stuff in the game I'd rather not loose any detail.
What do you think, are you willing to swallow a 4meg texture?
 Jackel
03-18-2004, 8:45 AM
i think i could handle a 4 meg file
 T7nowhere
03-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Hey if you want to make textures incredibly detailed then go for it. :) My system can handle it :D

Though you might want to make a lower Res TexturePak when demand for your work increases by people with low end machines.
 Juriel
03-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Yes, I can handle that as well, but it would be kind to make a lesser-detail version available. Especially since your textures ARE nice. Good work.
 mgnails
03-18-2004, 7:17 PM
couldn't you give that cool lightsaber transparency for the holes?
 messkell
03-18-2004, 10:19 PM
nice work on the reskins, especially the black scoundrel outfits :)
 Weiser_Cain
05-26-2004, 7:15 PM
Ok I haven't looked at this in months so if it sucks let me know. Looking at the texture It looks incomplete. But I've other things on my plate, so I thought I'd release it before KOTOR comes out and or I'm hit by a car or something...

Female Exar Kun retexture (http://home.comcast.net/~Weiser_Cain/Images/PFBE06.tga)
 svцsh
05-26-2004, 7:35 PM
Really great skins!! keep it up. By the way for male and females you can copy layers from one file to the next as well as alphas, and paths so you could do the real work once tweak the layer to fit and then make the alpha from the layer. It looks like you used the path tool for the great shader texture drag and drop that path on the male Armour tweak the path to fit and then recolour at will, it saves a bit of time :)

svцsh
 Weiser_Cain
05-26-2004, 8:56 PM
That wouldn't work. The male and female versions of this armor are maped diffrently from eachother. I don't use paths.
 svцsh
05-26-2004, 9:27 PM
I know there are all mapped differently but you can make it work, I have reused pieces of layers for female and male Armour, copied parts of alpha’s to an other files then before getting rid of the selection use the free transform to get the right size. But why don't you use paths? There great for making selections or complex designs stroking a path with a funky brush shape some time works great. Or for filling areas fast. Not to mention completely transformable and covetable to a selection and reversible as well selection to path. Oh well to each there own ;)

svцsh
 Jackel
05-26-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by svцsh
I know there are all mapped differently but you can make it work, I have reused pieces of layers for female and male Armour, copied parts of alpha’s to an other files then before getting rid of the selection use the free transform to get the right size. But why don't you use paths? There great for making selections or complex designs stroking a path with a funky brush shape some time works great. Or for filling areas fast. Not to mention completely transformable and covetable to a selection and reversible as well selection to path. Oh well to each there own ;)

svцsh

i have no idea what you just said .. but i know your good at textures :D

WC : good looking Exar Kun remake , maybe add some detailing down the legs or something ?
 Weiser_Cain
05-27-2004, 3:24 AM
This is the look I was going for, all the detail is in the alpha texture. Can you see it?

I just remembered why I didn't want to reuse the same texture, I wanted to make a more masculine design than this for the male version.
 meek
05-27-2004, 5:39 AM
Heh, well don't get upset because of my soon-to-be-posted Juhani reskin... Though I couldn't get anything cool out of Juhani's original clothing, props for that.
 Jackel
05-27-2004, 6:45 AM
Originally posted by Weiser_Cain
This is the look I was going for, all the detail is in the alpha texture. Can you see it?

nice and shiney , these pics are how it appears in game for me

(easier to show pics then start with .. "well its shiney here buit kinda glossy .." )

http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/ShadowFox75/kotor/KotOR0002.jpg)
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/ShadowFox75/kotor/KotOR0001.jpg)
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v102/ShadowFox75/kotor/KotOR0000a.jpg)

they were tga's but i converted them to jpg to save space and make for easier loading , grey/silver pieces were shiney and metalically as you can sort of see in pic 3 near the shoulders (the rear view)

anyway thats how it looks in game for me
 Weiser_Cain
05-27-2004, 2:30 PM
Originally posted by meek
Heh, well don't get upset because of my soon-to-be-posted Juhani reskin... Though I couldn't get anything cool out of Juhani's original clothing, props for that.
Why would I get upset?

Anyway I thought I saw something about swapping shaders, how do I do this?
 Weiser_Cain
05-27-2004, 5:16 PM
I'm spamming this just about everywhere so why not here? My juhani redesign concept.
comments appreciated
http://home.comcast.net/~weiser_cain/Images/juhani_concept.jpg)
 svцsh
05-27-2004, 9:03 PM

Anyway I thought I saw something about swapping shaders, how do I do this?

Could you be more specific if you want juhani to use cm_baremetal or cm_gunmetal as a shader open up apperences.2da and change the envmap node for her from DEFAULT to CM_Baremetal use alphas and you got it made. Btw I like the concept sketch it sort of reminds me of Tavion in JKA

svцsh
 Jackel
05-27-2004, 9:46 PM
I'm spamming this just about everywhere so why not here? My juhani redesign concept.
comments appreciated
http://home.comcast.net/~weiser_cain/Images/juhani_concept.jpg)

she looks very muscular , but it just a scetch so yeah , looks good , what would the colours be like ?
 Weiser_Cain
05-27-2004, 10:40 PM
That's exactly what I want to do thanks(now I just have to see if I can figure out why the kotor tool keeps crashing).

Well the colors would be black on black, maybe with some earth tone highlights to match her fur color. She's supposed to be muscular.
 svцsh
05-28-2004, 4:31 AM
No problem I’m always willing to help out if I can :)
 Weiser_Cain
06-06-2004, 8:52 PM
Here it is.

http://home.comcast.net/~weiser_cain/Images/JC_3.jpg)

Modeling is basicly done the model is 3830 polys, three times the number of kotor's, but half the number I normaly would use(probably means I'm getting better).

Comments?
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 10:27 PM
OUTSTANDING (as he stands up and begins to applude). What a great job. Looks right, muscular but still female looking.
 Mav
06-06-2004, 10:31 PM
If you ask me and you want me to be honest, I'd have to say she kinda looks like BatGirl, which isn't an entirely bad thing
 Weiser_Cain
06-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Thank you.

Hmmm....
http://www.naughtykitty.org/images/batlib.jpg)

I dont see it...
 Weiser_Cain
06-17-2004, 2:02 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~weiser_cain/Images/Canderous_1.jpg)

Not sure if I want to model this...
Comments? Questions?
 Colma Adawin
06-17-2004, 2:19 PM
Now that looks more like the canderous you would fear to see in the morning, the one in-game is too soft, i'd like to see this completed!! :)

MattCole
 Nodakrattler
06-17-2004, 8:25 PM
That Canderous looks great, and I like the Juhani. Can't wait till you can put them out.
 messkell
06-17-2004, 10:24 PM
nice sketch of canderous, Weiser_Cain. It sort of reminds of the X-men comic character named "cable". keep up the good work. :)
 Weiser_Cain
06-26-2004, 2:29 AM
I got bored so I textured the unfinished model. I'm still using the original head because it's a little too good to redo if I'm not going to change anything.
I did some research and I found that there was no reason Juhani couldn't grow a full head of hair. I'm leaning twoards darkening her fur. She's got built-in streaks so I've got that to work with. But I'm on the fence about what sort of hair would fit the characted. Any suggestions?

http://home.comcast.net/~weiser_cain/Images/Juhani_F1.jpg)
 Doom_Dealer
06-26-2004, 2:38 AM
You are aware that we cant import player or npc models atm right?
 Weiser_Cain
06-26-2004, 5:21 AM
I'm working on faith. Besides, I need the practice. Once I build a new head the models 100% mine and I can do whatever I want with it.
Now about that hair...
Page: 2 of 2