Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reworking Outast SP for JA *progress*

Page: 1 of 1
 Teancum
12-13-2003, 10:07 AM
So far, I've managed to get it to run under a mod folder (had problems). I got the first cutscene to look normal, though not 100% exactly like the original.

Jan now follows Kyle up to the 90 degree turn where the officer is. She fights from way back there, and then says her line, not moving up to the door and firing, then Kyle says his line. I suppose I can come back to that, as most of the rest of the mission at least works, but the icarus script calls for a door to open and troopers to spawn:

task ( "wait_here" )
{
sound ( /*@CHANNELS*/ CHAN_VOICE, "sound/chars/kyle/01kyk013.mp3" );
}

dowait ( "find_another" );
dowait ( "wait_here" );
rem ( "run script -- troops pile out of tower door" );
remove ( "finish_check" );
use ( "tower_door" );
use ( "spawn_tower_troops1" );

affect ( "jan", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ INSERT )
{
//$"default"@6
set ( /*!*/ "SET_BEHAVIOR_STATE", /*!*/ "BS_DEFAULT" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_CHASE_ENEMIES", /*!*/ "true" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_LOOK_FOR_ENEMIES", /*!*/ "true" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_IGNOREALERTS", /*!*/ "false" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_WALKING", /*!*/ "false" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_RUNNING", /*!*/ "false" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_IGNOREENEMIES", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "false" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DYAW", 180.000 );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DONTSHOOT", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "false" );
//(BHVDREM) use ( "activate_spawn_tower" );
}

wait ( 1000.000 );

affect ( "inactive_trig", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_INACTIVE", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "false" );
}

}

}

And here's Jan's navgoal script to go to the door, which she doesn't

task ( "go_shoot_bigdoor" )
{
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_NAVGOAL", "shoot_bigdoor" );
}

//$"runOnly"@5
set ( /*!*/ "SET_BEHAVIOR_STATE", /*!*/ "BS_DEFAULT" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_WALKING", /*!*/ "false" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_RUNNING", /*!*/ "true" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_IGNOREALERTS", /*!*/ "true" );
set ( /*!*/ "SET_LOOK_FOR_ENEMIES", /*!*/ "false" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_IGNOREENEMIES", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
dowait ( "go_shoot_bigdoor" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_VIEWTARGET", "aim_at_door" );
wait ( 500.000 );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FIRE_WEAPON", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "true" );
wait ( 750.000 );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_FIRE_WEAPON", /*@BOOL_TYPES*/ "false" );
wait ( 500.000 );
dowait ( "blasters_dent" );
remove ( "aim_at_door" );

Like I said, the Jan thing I can live with, but the first part is supposed to call something that unlocks that door and sends stormies out, but I can't find out what. (looked in 90% of the scripts for that level, and no luck) Any ideas as to what's wrong or how to get around that and open the door?
 Teancum
12-17-2003, 12:05 AM
*update*

I noticed that GtkRadiant comes with Kejim_Post, so I can make modifications to the map as needed. I noticed that it's a waypoint thing. Jan gets to the first combat point, then she's stuck there until the main door opens, then she doesn't get off the elevator, and the wapoints in the base are screwed as well. It is good to know, however, that I have made the necessary modifications to all of the icarus scripts, and the level plays fine except for Jan now. I'll have to look at the JA waypoints tutorial and work with it some more. Will update when I have a chance.

In the meantime, if someone would play through level 2 and report back bugs, that would be most appreciated.
 gotcha8903
12-17-2003, 1:53 AM
ill give it a go, where can i get it?
 lassev
12-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Well, there are differences between JA and JO nav_goals (meaning that JA has less to choose from). This might affect the working of the navgoals in game. Just a wild guess, but who knows. Scripts and especially cinematics seemed to be a big problem, when I once tried to run my Lighthouse in JA...
 Teancum
12-17-2003, 11:14 AM
It requires you have Jedi Outcast -- If you do have it, see the sticky called 'JO maps in JA'
 Teancum
12-18-2003, 8:39 PM
Great news!

I have the first 5 in-game cinematics working very well, (cept for 2, haven't tried that).

Kejim Post is all but rid of it's bugs, except for Jan's navgoals & the big elevator not wanting to stay down, which will take a while, since I have to learn Radiant.

Kejim Base is under the knife now. Most of it works. Re-working the mousebot scripts, etc.

Artus Mine now works 100% -- no problems whatsoever

Artus Detention now works up until you have to get the Imperial to unlock the main doors -- He puts his hands up, but won't budge.

If someone would be gracious enough to rework Jan's waypoints and navgoals from Kejim Post, it would be almost 100% done.

[i]Just F.Y.I. folks -- I'm thinking of relasing this in 1 of two ways. Either as a patch to overwrite the original files, so JO works, or as a re-downloadable mission pack. If it's the latter, I'll find an installer that checks for the JO CD, so nobody's getting freebies.
Page: 1 of 1