Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Team Corellia

Page: 1 of 2
 Kengo
10-24-2003, 4:24 PM
Corellia

The Galactic Civil war is over. Corellia is free. Chaotic times are upon them, but the Empire is gone. New Republic troops are still stationed here in small numbers as the Corellian Security Force, or CorSec, is rebuilt. There is of course a certain amount of tension between the independence loving Corellians and the New Republic troops, but Corporal Mikeal Anders is doing his best to promote solidarity…

So begins part 1 of Team Corellia, a series of short animated stories built with the JA engine and scripting. I guess I was inspired by the top class Red Vs Blue to make a series of comedy shorts, although I'd already been planning to make something else with JO or JA cutscenes for months and months now (thats on the back burner till I get a skin sorted out).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The thought just occured, might as well advertise my last project while I'm at it. Occupation 2: Antaean Assualt, Jedi Outcast -Single Player, voice acting, cutscenes, 5 playable levels, new skins by Prime....get it here: http://www.pcgamemods.com/2070/)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casting and characters

Lt. Castle (Corsec)
Voice Actor: Leo Thornton
Castle is a tough, reliable policeman who joined CorSec at 20 and has worked his way up to Lieutenant since. He was born in Coronet and has lived there all his life. Having a little more of an open mind than many of his colleagues, he was transfered to the SJPW division - the Strange or Just Plain Weird division.

Pvt. Alan Dalta (New Republic Army)
Voice actor: Chronocrossed
Dalta was himself born on Corellia, in one of the more remote towns. He left at a young age to join the Republic Army and 'see the galaxy'. Ironically he has now been posted back to Corellia as the token Corellian in the small New Republic force.

Pvt. Luke Harris (New Republic Army)
Voice Actor: Richard "Frances_farmer" White
Harris is just 20, no one is exactly sure why he joined up, but he definately did, hes got a piece of paper that says so. He is a registered communications expert, having learnt 6 dialects, including Wookie, whilst on his homeplanet Coruscant.

Jaden Car'Let (Jedi Order)
Voice Actor: Matthew Pate
A newly passed full Jedi Knight on his first mission. His enthusiasm is tempered by the general lack of respect he seems to get at every turn...

Makso (Mercenary)
Voice Actor: Leo Thornton
A Rodian mercenary hired by CorSec, mainly because he himself has been to the Corperate Sector. Resourceful but less than trustworthy.

Agent Black (New Republic Intelligence)
Agent Black is the agent in charge of the whole operation. Definately a bit spooky, and not the most personable type, he does seem to know what he's doing - but is he holding something bacl from the others?

Cpl. Anders (New Republic Army)
Looking for a voice actor
How did he make Corperal is the question on the lips of everyone who meets him. Coming from the icy world of Ralltiir, mainly to get away from the snow, he faces every situation with an insanely cheery disposition and often, dancing.

Smaller roles:
Part 1:
CorSec receptionist - Wedge
CorSec Chief - Leo Thornton

Part 2:
Collaborator - Uncast
----------------------------------------------------------
Part 1: Corellia

Coronet - Square
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13255.jpg)

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13256.jpg)
 mace_sundancer
10-24-2003, 7:36 PM
um, CorSec was disbanded during the GCW after the battle of endor but prior to the liberation of coruscant and replaced with the Diktat's Public Safety Service.
 Kengo
10-24-2003, 8:26 PM
Thanks for that bit of EU knowledge, I'm don't really have too much background knowledge of it myself. Well in that case, now is as good a time as any to say I'm not going to follow the EU particularly. I'll do my best to not massively conflict it, but if I do, I'm not too worried. As far as I'm concerned, the EU is one possible way things could have gone after the films, and there are infinite other way it could have gone.

Still, in the spirit of trying to stay within the EU...the Diktat guy fled and was replaced with a Governor-General right? Thats why New Republic troops are here, to help stabalise the planet, and CorSec has been re-established. That's my (possibly shaky) story and I'm sticking to it! :)
 Kengo
10-24-2003, 9:28 PM
 Miko Reglia
10-24-2003, 10:59 PM
woah that looks awsome...

keep up the good work:)
 Mercenary
10-29-2003, 5:17 AM
Some of the EU is so ridiculous I refuse to acknowledge it. Only the movies are the official Star Wars stories, the way I see it the rest is fair game. Make up whatever you want, as long as it's good I don't think people will make a big fuss about it.
 idontlikegeorge
10-29-2003, 5:59 AM
Lovely detail inside the ship, and the plaza is very nice.

Are those chairs brushwork, custom model, or game model (if so what is it called)? They are cool.

As far as countering the EU, well... can't you make the setting some other planet? I mean, in that big old galaxy far far away there are plenty of habited and civilized planets that aren't mentioned...

But yeah, like said, as long as your story is good in itself, there wouldn't be any problem, besides from nitpickers. :p

Oh yeah, anyone else have the problem with the google ads blocking half of the first post? :mad:
 Kengo
10-29-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by idontlikegeorge
Are those chairs brushwork, custom model, or game model (if so what is it called)? They are cool.

Oh yeah, anyone else have the problem with the google ads blocking half of the first post? :mad:

Those chairs are an md3 from the game -
models/map_objects/cinematics/chair.md3

I can begin some more work on this project today with an assignment handed in - so more work on another streeet in Coronet.

Guess having the opening post with some 800 wide pictures in wasn't too smart on my part, now the google ad covers a lot for me too. I'll edit that first post at some point.

I'm pretty much with you on what you said Mercenary, I won't go out of my way to annoy EU fans, I'll do my best not to cause plot conflicts, but I reserve the same right to make stuff up that the EU writers use!
 GothiX
10-29-2003, 1:23 PM
Saw some in your Editors Corner at Massassi, saw the thread at Map-Review.. love it. :D
 Tesla
10-29-2003, 5:15 PM
Wow, looking good Kengo :D
I loved the Occupation Mod, very well done ;)

I hope this is even better, will this have voice acting, new skins and loads of extra goodies ? :D
 Kengo
10-29-2003, 9:41 PM
Thanks guys, positive feedback is always the most enjoyable :)

This will most definately feature a lot of voice acting, provided by the highly skilled stars of Occupation and Occupation 2, as well as a few new guys. I'll make a cameo or two, always worth a laugh (at the expense of my voice)....I don't plan to use any custom skins at first, but maybe for later parts. Hopefully a load of extra goodies will be provided too, you'll just have to wait and see....:D

EDIT: 777 posts...oh yeh!
 DarkLord60
10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Finally some good maps for JA!
 GothiX
10-30-2003, 8:51 AM
What's with the untextured NPC in those first shots?:confused:
 Kengo
10-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Honestly, I don't know...they're just standard NPCs, no modding of any kind - and they came out all weird like that. Not sure what that problem is but it clearly needs looking into at some stage. The skins for JA are handled a little differently to JO so will have to do some learning.
 Kengo
10-30-2003, 6:08 PM
An early shot of Bridge Street...during the drought season apparently:

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13402.jpg)

OK, river and decent lighting on the way there.

Part 1 of the script is pretty much finalised, with a lot of help from Niall "CookedHaggis" Henderson, I'm aiming to send it off to the voice actors today. Here's a short section (mostly by Niall actually):
-------------------------------------------
Corsec chief: Look Car’Let, here’s the thing. The Jedi don’t think we’re onto anything here, so they’ve just sent us a rookie to placate us. But I can assure you, we ARE onto something, something important.
Car’Let: Personally, I think my order is right. No offense, but this won't be the first time you've demanded help when none was needed. I mean, the Giant Chicken incident was only 3 years ago.
CorSec Chief: Look, in the right light the damn thing sure as hell *seemed* 90 metres tall!
Car'Let: And there was the "huge bats" distress call a few months after that.
CorSec Chief: We're still looking into how that evidence found its way into
the canteen meals...
-----------------------------------------
 shukrallah
10-30-2003, 6:42 PM
Wow Kengo! Thats awesome!
 idontlikegeorge
10-30-2003, 7:57 PM
Originally posted by gothicX
What's with the untextured NPC in those first shots?:confused:

Some NPCs from Outcast are in Academy, but their skin isn't. I know especially many of the "classic" Reborn, so most likely others, as well.

Heh, looking at the script, very tongue-in-cheek. :p Sounds fun.
 Kengo
10-30-2003, 9:37 PM
Some screenshots of the CorSec HQ building and the surrounding area from Lassev, author of Project Lighthouse, who is kindly creating one of the locations for part 1:

A street with a couple of buildings. On the right, the CorSec HQ. (Don't mind the strange window. There's nothing but the skybox behind it...).
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~lvaarisk/corshot1.jpg)

A wall. A little dark and gloomy.
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~lvaarisk/corshot2.jpg)

Thanks for the pointer IDLG, I will have to bear that in mind. BTW, glad you like the style of script - thats kind of how it goes for most of it :)
 Casper
10-31-2003, 2:06 AM
4 words
Arcutecture BAD
VERY BOXY

Dude work on puting more curves in alot moreAnd the texturing is horrible no offense but it is
 idontlikegeorge
10-31-2003, 6:15 AM
Ok, first.... learn to spell 4 words.

Buildings are supposed to be "boxy" and besides, an overuse of curves is just as bad as not having curves.

And... well... what have YOU mapped then, oh great one?

Oh yeah... you play the Coruscant level in Academy? Or how about the Nar levels in Outcast?

But, to give some suggestion along these lines; maybe soften a corner or two in the plaza area, and also, make buildings of varying heights.
 lassev
10-31-2003, 7:44 AM
Originally posted by Nym
4 words
Arcutecture BAD
VERY BOXY

Dude work on puting more curves in alot moreAnd the texturing is horrible no offense but it is

Thanks for the positive and constructive feedback :rolleyes: I guess you probably won't be among those who will eventually download this JA movie.

But just to explain a couple of things, so that any of you won't be too dissapointed:
1) This project will indeed be a JA engine powered movie, so the architecture is like the set in a theatre. It's there to make it easier to fathom what's going on, but it won't play so big a role as in any regular SP or MP mission.
2) The project will be mapped, acted, and scripted in a very rapid pace. All architecture must therefore be compromised to certain extent.
 Kengo
10-31-2003, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by lassev
But just to explain a couple of things, so that any of you won't be too dissapointed:
1) This project will indeed be a JA engine powered movie, so the architecture is like the set in a theatre. It's there to make it easier to fathom what's going on, but it won't play so big a role as in any regular SP or MP mission.
2) The project will be mapped, acted, and scripted in a very rapid pace. All architecture must therefore be compromised to certain extent.

Yes, and both of these features are basically down to me, my aims for the project. If Lassev were making this completely to his own specs, it would be rediculously stunning I have absolutely no doubt :) As it is, it won't have the same high level of polish you'd expect from a full SP level, but his parts at least will look great all the same. As for my sections, they do need some work, they are a bit too boxy and the texturing (and without doubt the lighting) need work, I appreciate the suggestions IDLG. Although what you said about my sections has some validity Nym, I'd appreciate it if you typed it in a manner not befitting a 5 year old. I don't need all capital letters, or you counting how many words you're going to say :P
 GothiX
10-31-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Nym
4 words
Arcutecture BAD
VERY BOXY

Not using curves doesn't make something boxy - that's about the same as calling your Dathomir map boxy because I can't see any patch meshes.

I personally like it a LOT, it looks like a real, populated city, where there's always something to do...
 shukrallah
10-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Yeah, i like it too. It looks really really good.

4 words
Arcutecture BAD
VERY BOXY

Making something like this isnt easy work... especially since its all scripted. That takes a lot of time, especially if he wants it to be really good. It already has a good start, and ill download it when i get JA.
 Casper
11-01-2003, 7:29 PM
Has anyone ever heard of constructive gosh these n00bs get worse everyday critisim kengo In your day version of correllia is very blocky Look at the tram level notce how alot of the buildings edges and corners are curved Thats how correllia is try looking at alot of the starwars comics You will see For Idontlikegeorge Ravensoft did coruscant and narshaddaa wrong Those buildings are curved alot in ep1 and ep2 and if you watch the opening cutscene in jk you will notce theres alot of curves used for the the judgerought gothix The reason I make my curves out of brushes is because patches slow down the fpt rates down :p
 Kengo
11-01-2003, 8:59 PM
None of the people disagreing with you are "n00bs". You see this:
Its called a full stop. See this:
Thats a comma

Use them!
 Casper
11-01-2003, 10:03 PM
Dude there is no reason to be hostile. yes 75% of these people are n00bs I was only commenting your map not starting a trouble Now if you don't have anything constructive at all don't post it But I'am reporting your post.
 Kengo
11-01-2003, 10:44 PM
I see you are getting the hang of the full stops, so my post was constructive surely? Sorry, but once again I state none of the people who have commented on this thread are "n00bs".

Your initial point about a lack of curves had merit I won't argue, however the way you put it was basically annoying. When you dish out criticism, which I am no stranger to, do it with some grace and people don't get irritated.

I did say controvesy was what you needed to get a WIP thread going, I guess you get what you wish for...
 wedge2211
11-01-2003, 10:51 PM
There was hostility evident in your posts right from the beginning, Nym. Kengo's right...none of the people posting here are 'n00bs,' and your posts are nearly unintelligible. If you can't think of some constructive (ie, helpful) criticism, don't bother posting. And when you do think of some, don't post it in a condescending, patronizing, or insulting manner.

Kengo-

Are you using an entity sun? If so, you might want to create a second one, softer, in the opposite direction...right now, there's a stark contrast between the lit and shaded sides of the buildings, and that doesn't go with the skybox you have, I'd expect more even lighting of surfaces.
 Casper
11-01-2003, 11:14 PM
No kengo at least I start my threads when They are eye candy And yes kengo there are n00bs posting in this thread you know that both me and you are n00bs I played alot of your maps they sucked here are your career highlights Starts website judging other n00bs work at the same time puting them down Mean while you release that shoddy work of yours And comment how this n00bs map needs work while your maps need alot of work.
So don't correct my typing again Unless you wan't me to keep going.
 Kengo
11-01-2003, 11:16 PM
In those screenshots I was using an entity sun Wedge and you're right, its waaaay too uneven. I'm now actually experimenting with light emiting skies, something I've always found troublesome. With Lassev's help I got it working and I've played around with it a lot and think its becoming more realistic - I'll post some shots up tonight and ya can see if I've alleviated the problem.

EDIT: Looks like I missed your last post there Nym...I can't be bothered to exchange insults with someone who doesn't type stuff that makes any sense, or use punctuation. If you post in this thread again I will do my upmost to get you banned from the forums, a move I can see getting a lot of support from the various other people you've annoyed on these forums already.
 Casper
11-01-2003, 11:21 PM
Now thats more like it.
 Kengo
11-01-2003, 11:23 PM
Glad you agree, its a deal then.
 Mercenary
11-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Hey Nym, I think you should drop it. If you like Kengo's work or not he deserves more respect than that, he's an important member of the mapping community who has helped out a lot of mappers including myself. The way you stated your criticism wasn't very ideal and it didn't come off right. Be careful what you type out and how you do it because, remember, things can easily be misinterpreted on forums.
 Kengo
11-01-2003, 11:49 PM
I've PMed you Nym, I hope we can put the whole matter behind us (we did at least provide a sharp increase in the activity on the thread), forget what I said about you posting here, just nothing else offensive or I will carry out what I said.

Wedge, Mercenary, as always - thanks for the support :)

I'll post some updated screenshots in a second...
 Toonces
11-02-2003, 12:00 AM
Group hug :D

Great screenies Kengo
 Neverhoodian
11-02-2003, 12:07 AM
*wipes forehead*

Whew, I was worried a flame war would commence. Good to hear that things are on the mends (hopefully).

Anyway, I've been following this thread, Kengo, and it looks pretty good. I've never bothered to download an in-game movie before, but this looks like it's worth the download. Hope to see it in action soon!
 The Cheat
11-02-2003, 12:09 AM
those screens look very awesome, i cant wait to see the finished product
 Kengo
11-02-2003, 12:21 AM
I started off this project aiming to do a good job, but now I feel I really need to put in a lot of extra work to repay all the support, I really appreciate it guys :)

I seem to have broken JA's shaders somehow so....screenshots tommorow then!
 Casper
11-02-2003, 1:43 AM
No flame war here move along folks and look at the mod.
 Casper
11-02-2003, 1:51 AM
Whoa I missed your edit Now that was rude Let me continue you little n00b Oh yeah delete the pm I sent you. For more career highlights the primitive kengo has a nack for insulting other people for a example him and his hench men decided to insult my freind tito alex jardi on there own forums and kengo persitantly reveiws other peoples maps with out the authors permission and yet kengo can barely map himself and after this he is going to get wedge 2211 or louis to stick up or go to bat for him ashame people really ashame it is also ashame how I am reporting his little edit this nonsense shall not continue.
 Toonces
11-02-2003, 4:14 AM
I said Group Hug.

Look, I don't want to close this thread, but if everybody refuses to stay on topic I will.

No more flaming, by anybody.
 lassev
11-02-2003, 8:16 AM
To end this sorrowful quarrel and get things back on track, I will post here a picture of the Hotel Corellia.

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~lvaarisk/corshot3.jpg)

I have mapped also some interior parts of CorSec HQ already, but unfortunately screenshots of those places are not to be published. I'm afraid you have to wait until the movie is released. However, I can promise that careful detailing, use of patches and my new handmade shaders made them worth the wait :)

EDIT: Kengo, could you also resize your future screenshots to 640x480? That would prevent that bloody commercial banner from obstructing the pictures and text. That's disturbing beyond my endurance. (Yeah, I will never, never buy the E-3D Gaming Glasses :mad: .)
 GothiX
11-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by lassev
EDIT: Kengo, could you also resize your future screenshots to 640x480? That would prevent that bloody commercial banner from obstructing the pictures and text. That's disturbing beyond my endurance. (Yeah, I will never, never buy the E-3D Gaming Glasses :mad: .)

Thank God there is Norton Antivirus with ad prevention. :p
 Kengo
11-02-2003, 11:21 AM
With much thanks to GothicX, the water flows the right way, and as Lassev advised I've tried to make it more Corellian with some trees and green banks. I'm pretty pleased with it, other than a few minor brush fixes, I think its nearly done. The lighting is perhaps a little dark and could be upped. Any other suggestions guys?

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13453.jpg)

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13454.jpg)

http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/13455.jpg)
 Kengo
11-02-2003, 11:48 AM
Ahem, missed your last post too. I tried to forget the argument but apparently that was too much to ask. That edit was well before I PMed you. Tito is a friend of mine, I can't believe you'd make something like that up, as well as insulting a load MORE of my friends. I'll leave the moderators to close this thread down, I think you've posted quite enough here.
 GothiX
11-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Veeerry nice... First thing I thopught was "Vice City in the SW Galaxy", but for a suggestion: Add some extra support to the lower part of those pillars, looks more realistic. And maybe some crossbeams below the bridge..
 Kengo
11-02-2003, 11:56 AM
Just to continue the life of the thread a little longer - great ideas GothicX, and glad you like the look of it :) I'll set to making the bridge a little more supported and detailed, as well as those few extra brush fixes.
 The Cheat
11-02-2003, 12:16 PM
the bridge looks really nice. i can see that this is going to be a super-undertaking

1500th Post
 wedge2211
11-02-2003, 4:59 PM
Hey, Kengo...maybe after th movie is done you can release a couple of the maps in modified forms as duels/FFA's... This is definitely some of your best work yet. ;)
Page: 1 of 2