Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the new look Stormtrooper

Page: 1 of 2
 BJP3E
10-18-2003, 3:30 PM
How done is it?

Cause I would love it if you guys could pach/release it to replace the STs in JO and or JA ASAP

Its gorgeous looking
 TK-8252
10-18-2003, 5:01 PM
Originally posted by BJP3E
Its gorgeous looking HapSlash's first model to be released will be his Rebel X-Wing Pilot, then I think the Snowtrooper? Then the Stormtrooper should be about ready. But the Imperial Officer may slow the Stormtrooper down a bit, if Hap plans on finishing it before the Stormtrooper.
 t3rr0r
10-18-2003, 7:58 PM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
HapSlash's first model to be released will be his Rebel X-Wing Pilot, then I think the Snowtrooper?
isn't his stomtrooper way more complete than his snowtrooper? i haven't seen any shots of his snowtrooper with a skin.
 TK-8252
10-18-2003, 8:05 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
isn't his stomtrooper way more complete than his snowtrooper? i haven't seen any shots of his snowtrooper with a skin. Well, I thought I saw him say somewhere that his Snowtrooper will be released second. I'm not exactly sure. But I'd rather see the Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper come out before the Snowtrooper, since Raven's Snowtrooper can hold us until Hap's is done. But Raven's Stormtrooper MUST go.
 BJP3E
10-18-2003, 10:01 PM
whats wrong with it ?
 TK-8252
10-18-2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by BJP3E
whats wrong with it ? Raven's Stormtrooper looks like s***. Especially the helmet, which is completely screwed up. Being the Stormtrooper expert I am, I can tell the differences.
 BJP3E
10-18-2003, 11:16 PM
the BIGGEST flub is the back side of the helmet :)
 HapSlash
10-19-2003, 11:48 AM
The Stormtrooper is getting close to the point where it can be weighted. The skin and mesh for it are complete. But, I've been waiting until I had the Sandtrooper parts finished, so they could also be included with the model.

Here's a pic of the Improved Stormtrooper model, this time I fixed his left knee,...
http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/troopers.jpg)

and one of the Sandtrooper enhancement, as it looks right now.
http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/sandtroopers.jpg)

There are a few other models that I was hoping to get done before the Stormtrooper, but I'm not sure they'll get done,...

The X-wing Pilot is almost done and will come out before, but I still need to make some mesh alterations to the Imperial Officer. Since JA has a Snowtrooper, my model isn't a very high priority anymore. I might go back and finish it later, but I want to get a few other projects finished first.
 The Count
10-19-2003, 2:57 PM
My that looks fantastic, bravo.
 Suprosa
10-19-2003, 3:11 PM
are xwing pilot and sandtrooper gonna be in the game? what level would have sandtroopers?? and an xwing pilot??
 Neverhoodian
10-19-2003, 3:20 PM
Well, as far as JA is concerned, the X-Wing pilot could be used to replace the Rebel trooper piloting the shuttle in the first cutscene. When was the last time you saw an infantryman pilot a flying vehicle?
 BJP3E
10-19-2003, 5:50 PM
Like I said absolutly gorgeous looking ST will there be a version that can be put in JO?

about the sandST is there a clean model then for on the ships and such ?
 HapSlash
10-19-2003, 9:22 PM
They are both the same model,... only with different textures. If you wanted to swap them, it wouldn't be much trouble.

Seeing as it was originally intended for JO, I'm sure I'll just finish it out that way. The only significant deviation between JO and JA models is the left hand tag, which is used for the twin saber animations. I doubt the need for the troopers to be able to use the two sabers properly, so I don't think that it would be much of a problem

I'll most likely end up making a version specifically for JA. But,... as I don't even have the game yet, it might be a while.

the X-wing Pilot doesn't really have anything to do with the mod. It's just the project I was finishing first, which is why the Stormtrooper isn't done yet.
 TK-8252
10-20-2003, 1:15 AM
Originally posted by HapSlash
http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/troopers.jpg) http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/sandtroopers.jpg) You continue to amaze me, HapSlash.
 Tesla
10-20-2003, 2:53 AM
Wow, nice models HapSlash :)

I wouldn't say the Raven Stormie is that bad, the Blue CTF skin i just adore :D
With all the damage marks and it's just better looking than the plain white one....damn it why couldn't they Empire have picked a better color scheme for there troopers :p

Isn't there a special division of Stormtroopers that wear Black Armor or something, they were asigned to some guy who was one of the Emporers top agents or something, perhaps a special skin of that could be included for Multiplayer :D
 The_One
10-20-2003, 6:40 PM
Originally posted by Tesla
Isn't there a special division of Stormtroopers that wear Black Armor or something

They're called Dark Troopers :D
 eelektrik1138
10-20-2003, 6:44 PM
 Tesla
10-20-2003, 7:15 PM
Blackhole Stormtroopers, thats it :D
Yeah, they were black armor, are highly skilled & trained, and that page on SW.com shoudl explain more :p

Dark Troopers....they were in Dark Forces ?
I've never played the original DF, but they come in different forms, or so it says on JK.net....

But please, please put a skin of the Blackhole Troopers for MP at least :D
 Neverhoodian
10-20-2003, 11:18 PM
Yep, the Dark Trooper Project is the reason why Kyle Katarn is blasting the Empire's agents in Dark Forces. Kyle eventualy destroys the Arc Hammer, the ship where the project is based and stops the project altogether. (though I haven't played the game either) However, Dark Troopers have reappeared in other Star Wars games and EU. I saw a Star Wars comic that had a Dark Trooper in it and in the game Galactic Battlegrounds, the Dark Trooper is the Empire's special unit. It's good for clearing troops. (They aren't as strong as the Trade Federation's droidekas, but they're faster)
 eelektrik1138
10-20-2003, 11:47 PM
Dark Troopers were made origianlly for Dark Forces, but like the other person said, they are in other games. Star Wars Galaxies I know, one of the NPC pets for the Imperials is a phase 2 Dark Trooper... I prefered the Storm Commandos on that game though.
 spsblue
10-24-2003, 12:16 PM
Could you post a screenshot of the galaxies phase 2. i'm collecting concepts for the modeller, corto.
 michael_collins
10-24-2003, 3:02 PM
Galactic battlegrounds had phase 2 and three if i remember, the model was the same but the stats were changed, attack, def etc
 Ackehallgren
10-24-2003, 3:24 PM
Originally posted by eelektrik1138
Dark Troopers were made origianlly for Dark Forces, but like the other person said, they are in other games. Star Wars Galaxies I know, one of the NPC pets for the Imperials is a phase 2 Dark Trooper... I prefered the Storm Commandos on that game though.

:O:O:O WHAT??? ITS IN GALAXIES?
 Tom Resnick
10-24-2003, 3:25 PM
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/battlegrounds/gallery/unique.htm) has a picture you can click on.

I don't really like what they did to the helmet - they screwed it up. Plus they said they had "Phase I and II," but the "Phase I" was actually the Phase II, and I think "Phase II" was almost a Phase III but not quite.

Go off of the SWT comic book references and EGtD diagrams.
 Ackehallgren
10-24-2003, 3:27 PM
isnt that GB?
 Tom Resnick
10-24-2003, 3:29 PM
Oops, you're right. I didn't know Galaxies was meant.

?!?
:O:O:O WHAT??? ITS IN GALAXIES?
 eelektrik1138
10-24-2003, 7:29 PM
Yes its in Galaxies, but I cant find a screenshot and cant get you one because, I dont play the game anymore. I got tired of it after a month, I was having less fun then in the beta, so I canceled my account and dont plan on going back to it until at least when they get vehicles in, if not Ill wait till the Space Expansion. The game has potential but currently, does not deliver.
 CortoCG
10-25-2003, 3:53 AM
I recently found out that it is only a nice 3d engine client, and that you can't even walk around and explore stuff. Thank God I never bought that game.

If someone finds a pic of a Dark Trooper phase 2 it will be most welcome. I have the model almost finished, but I lost inspiration when only the helmet was left. So basically I have a beheaded dt phase 2, lol.
 Ackehallgren
10-25-2003, 8:14 AM
Originally posted by CortoCG
[B]I recently found out that it is only a nice 3d engine client, and that you can't even walk around and explore stuff. [B]

? What do u mean ?
 TK-8252
10-26-2003, 7:28 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
Well, as far as JA is concerned, the X-Wing pilot could be used to replace the Rebel trooper piloting the shuttle in the first cutscene. When was the last time you saw an infantryman pilot a flying vehicle? Actually, the Rebel Trooper would be better than the X-Wing Pilot to fly the academy shuttle. Look at these Imperial Officers flying a Lamba Class Shuttle! No TIE Fighter Pilots here. http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/zs/rotj/shpilots1.jpg)
 t3rr0r
10-26-2003, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by HapSlash
Seeing as it was originally intended for JO, I'm sure I'll just finish it out that way. The only significant deviation between JO and JA models is the left hand tag, which is used for the twin saber animations. I doubt the need for the troopers to be able to use the two sabers properly, so I don't think that it would be much of a problem
hopefully raven will change the bone name back so that the jo models work properly in ja. -_-
 TK-8252
10-26-2003, 4:21 PM
hopefully raven will change the bone name back so that the jo models work properly in ja. -_- We've already astablished that Jedi Outcast models will work in Jedi Academy. The game has a skeleton conversion feature that will do all the work for you.
 Neverhoodian
10-27-2003, 1:23 AM
originally posted by TK8252MJL:
Look at these Imperial Officers flying a Lamba Class Shuttle! No TIE Fighter Pilots here. http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/zs/rotj/shpilots1.jpg)

Good point. Of course, they could be Tie pilots without their life support systems. I seem to remember a picture where a person on this thread said that what appeared to be Imperial officers were actually Tie pilots without the life support systems. Maybe they're elite pilots chosen for the honor of flying Vader's shuttle.

Maybe the Rebel "soldier" is a starfighter pilot without the starfighter gear since he's just flying a transport.
 t3rr0r
10-27-2003, 2:37 PM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
We've already astablished that Jedi Outcast models will work in Jedi Academy. The game has a skeleton conversion feature that will do all the work for you.
you misunderstand. see, in ja, they change the name of a hand tag... before it was "hang" or something, and now most jo models don't work correctly with dual sabers.
 TK-8252
10-27-2003, 7:20 PM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
Good point. Of course, they could be Tie pilots without their life support systems. These are different guys, they're naval non-commisioned officers. They were all over RotJ. *cough* *hopes that Hap includes these in his officer pack* *cough* http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/zs/rotj/bunker14.jpg) http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/vidi7/bunker8.jpg) http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/vidi7/bunker6.jpg) http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/zs/anh/dscrew07.jpg) http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/vidi7/bunker1.jpg) http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/vidi7/nco1.jpg) They're basically just an Imperial Navy Trooper with two extra belt boxes and an officer's cap.
 Neverhoodian
10-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me, TK. I guess transports aren't demanding to fly if officers fly them.
 Infinity Blade
10-28-2003, 5:57 PM
you misunderstand. see, in ja, they change the name of a hand tag... before it was "hang" or something, and now most jo models don't work correctly with dual sabers.
Actually, they didn't change the tag, they added a new bone specifically for that tag.

In JO, the tag is weighted to the lhand bone. In JA, the tag is weighted to the lhang_tag_bone. Raven might be able to alter their conversion process to fix for dual sabers, but whether it is possible and if they do it is up to them.
 Ackehallgren
11-08-2003, 5:01 PM
Is Kyle Katarn in Galaxies?
 M Spiegel
11-14-2003, 12:47 AM
I haven't found him yet. I don't know if he is. But I do have a Dark Trooper in Galaxies myself. I'd be glad to get you blokes a screenie. Just not right now. Tomorrow I'll take a pic if you'd like. :)
 Ackehallgren
11-14-2003, 4:55 AM
That would be awesome! Is it easy to find the DT?
 -ST-i_stinks
11-15-2003, 3:32 AM
this stormtrooper look good............
 Ackehallgren
11-15-2003, 8:37 AM
I just got Galaxies! (I'm on the European server) and I ran into some Blackhole stormtroopers... That's kinda cool! Are there a lot of trooper-types?
 M Spiegel
11-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble, but those weren't Blackhole Stormies. They were Storm Commandos. There are plenty of stormtrooper types, but it's only the weapon they use and what they do. (i.e: Stormtrooper rifleman, stormtrooper medic, stormtrooper etc....) Then there are Storm Commandos, Dark Troopers, AT-STs, Officers, etc...

Dark Troopers are expensive faction pets, but since I have one it'll be easy to find it. :) I'll do it right now when I log on. (I'm on the American server Flurry)
 Ackehallgren
11-15-2003, 2:56 PM
Storm commandors? They were black... really black... first i just thought it was the shadow... hmm... Is there any screenshots of them? (still wanna see you dt :D)
 M Spiegel
11-15-2003, 9:00 PM
Alright, I took the screenshots of the DT. :) I took two shots from three angles each, from the front, back and side. Each angle has two shots, one with normal brightness and gamma settings, the other with it all turned all the way up so you can see all the really dark details in the spaces between the armor and on the chest.

Want me to mail them to you or something? :P

As for storm commandos, yea, um, well, I know, you were hoping. Too bad. ;)
 The_One
11-15-2003, 10:20 PM
If you wish to discuss Star Wars Galaxies, try heading over to the LF SWG Forums:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=281)

I'm sure people will be able to answer your questions there :)
 M Spiegel
11-20-2003, 1:35 AM
http://www.steves-corner.com/storage/darktrooper.zip)

Dark Trooper pics for your referential enjoyment. :P
 Ackehallgren
11-20-2003, 4:55 AM
Thats Awesome!

(Sorry I asked you to do it in another thread too... just ignore that)
 M Spiegel
11-20-2003, 11:55 PM
No problem really. Glad to help out. :)
 Fracman
11-22-2003, 4:36 PM
Kiddies, thats not a dark trooper, thats simply nearly the same rocketeer stormtrooper we can see in JA.
The original Dark Troopers were only be seen in Dark Forces.
Page: 1 of 2