Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lord of the rings RPG

Page: 4 of 5
 Black Knight of Keno
12-19-2003, 9:59 AM
"If we get out of Moria alive, yes..." Tepe said and thinked: "I need to talk with Hidrбim... He should know that his son is dead... I woved that I would keep him alive until we would arrive to Lorien..."
Tepe looked the others that were ready and tapped his horse on the head twice. "Are you coming or not..." Tepe said when his horse started to run like it would flee from a forest fire
 jokemaster
12-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Kent rode out with Tepe, catching up quickly.
 Flamehart
12-19-2003, 8:44 PM
Lance went over to Tepe and dismounted his horse. He spoke quietly to it and within seconds it took off. "On to Moria." He said to the group.
 Writer
12-20-2003, 11:57 PM
Lightning stood for a moment, thinking about the horses.

"We cannot take the horses into Moria," she finally said. "While we could pass through, there are some paths that are to narrow for horses."
 Flamehart
12-21-2003, 1:39 AM
Lance looked at Lightning. "The horses themselves fear Moria, they wouldn't go in even if we tried to force them."
 Black Knight of Keno
12-21-2003, 6:59 AM
Tepe stopped his horse and turned it.
"That's too easy to solve... The horses will go to Loriйn..." He said and looked the others "So, we going?"
 Writer
12-21-2003, 11:13 PM
"That will not do," Lightning objected. "You will need the horses on the other side."

Then an idea struck her.

"Do you want me to run ahead when we reach the other side and bring horses back?"

((Who is leading the Rohirrim? Is it Eomer or Theodred? Either way, Lightning will have a secret talk with him... it has something to do with who she really is and Arrandir will overhear some of it. The others will learn at Rivendell where she will tell her full story to anyone who is there. Whatever way it goes, I still need to know if it's Eomer or Theodred.))
 Black Knight of Keno
12-22-2003, 7:18 AM
((It's Theodred in lead of Rohirrim for now))
"Ok, whatever you like Lightning..." Tepe answered and looked the big gates of Moria
 Writer
12-23-2003, 12:38 AM
((Thanks!:) )

Lightning continued to keep up with the others in silence until they stopped for a rest. As they stopped she was approached by Theodred.

"Excuse me," he said and she turned to face him. "Might I have a word with you?"

She nodded her agreement and he dismounted his horse, leaving it with the group to go walking with Lightning.

"If it's not to bold to ask," he finally said, "who are you?"

Lightning smiled and asked, "Have you not heard my name? I am Lightning."

"But lightning is a thing that strikes the earth from the sky," Theodred objected. "It is not a real name, but a nickname. It is what you are called because you run instead of ride... I would imagine from your name that you could run faster than a horse and for that I must assume that you have some Elven blood in you, for it does not tire you to run like this."

"You assume correctly," Lightning replied smiling. The smile faded as she remembered some of the things she had been through in her life.

"Then how old are you now?" he demanded, but Lightning simply laughed at him.

"Old enough to call you young," she replied. This was not enough for him.

"Then you will not tell me?" he questioned.

"No!" she replied. "I will not."

"Then we will turn to other matters," he said. "Your sword, for instance."

She stared at him. "Go on."

"I know that sword and it will do you no good to deny it," he said.

"I do not deny it," she replied. "Where have you seen it?"

"In books, but it was always pictured with a ring," he answered. She held up her hand.

"This ring?" she questioned. He stared in wonder and finally nodded.

"Then I am your servant," he said, but Lightning shook her head.

"You are not until I claim my past as my own," she replied. "For now, I will leave you to your country."

He frowned, but nodded and began to walk away. Lightning stopped him.

"You must speak of this conversation to no one," she said. He frowned.

"But my father must know that you exist," he objected. She gripped him by his breastplate and drew him down to her eye level, forcing him to stare into her eyes.

"You will speak of this to no one," she repeated, this time more firmly. He backed away as if in a trance.

"I will speak of this to no one," he said, his voice dull.

"Speak of what?" Arrandir asked. He had heard most of the conversation, but was unsure of what had happened.

"Nothing," Theodred replied, his voice recovering. "We just had a little chat about Rohan. Lightning was curious to know how things were going. She used to live there, you know."

He left to join the group, but Arrandir frowned and stopped Lightning as she tried to follow him.

"Who are you and what did you do to Theodred," he demanded. Lightning calmly peeled Arrandir's hand off her arm and stared him in the eyes. Suddenly, he felt as if he would obey and believe anything she said.

As quickly as the feeling came over him, it passed and Lightning laughed.

"Do you not know me?" she asked. "I am Lightning."

"So you say," he replied, "but don't you think it is time to tell us who you really are?"

The feeling of trust in Lightning came over Arrandir again.

"All will be revealed when we reach Rivendell," she said. "In Imladris, the house of Elrond HalfElven, you will know who I am. Until then, you will know me as you already do, for that is enough."

"I comply," Arrandir said, feeling as if he could not say anything else. Then, the two of them returned to the group, realizing that they were beginning to move again.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-23-2003, 2:57 PM
Tepe had walked to some rocks to think. He thinked about the ring's, Sauron, all the evil and all if the signs that would lead towards a big war... Allmost like the one at the black gates many many years ago. Then he saw that everyone was getting ready so he walked to the others.
 Flamehart
12-23-2003, 7:55 PM
((Out of curiosity, do Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn even exist in this story? Just wondering))
Lance took one last look over the horizon, then turned and joined the rest of the group as they prepared to face Moria.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-23-2003, 8:18 PM
((Maybe they do... Maybe they dont... We'll see it when the story evolves like I said in the beginning))
 Flamehart
12-23-2003, 10:04 PM
((Well I need to know cuz it depends on if they exist or not what happens to my char))
 Black Knight of Keno
12-24-2003, 7:50 AM
((Well if we think that we got this far in about three month's, Frodo would be now in Bree if we look it from the movies. So... When we get to Rivendell, Frodo is attacked by the nazguls and so on. So, they do exist. This RP is looking to be sliding to become one part of the books/movies :p ))
 Flamehart
12-24-2003, 3:55 PM
((Meh, I personally think this'd be better if it was our own version of the story, I mean characters like Gandalf, Eomer, Faramir, etc. can still exist because they're still important to the story, but the trio can easily be replaced by our chars))
 Writer
12-26-2003, 3:46 PM
"It saddens me that we come here," Lightning muttered, heard only by Arrandir. "This way should be shut, but none would collapse the mountain for the dwarves seek to come back."

"Indeed," Arrandir agreed. "If the halls of Moria were to be collapsed, those who did it would face the axes of the dwarves."

"Tepe," Lightning called. "I do not want to hear any noise while we are in Moria. The only noise that is to be heard will be that which is necessary."
 Black Knight of Keno
12-26-2003, 4:24 PM
"Ok, Lightning" Tepe said and runned to speak with Rohirrim.
"Rohirrim! Listen up!! Remove any noisy armor's and take only what is really necessary!!" Tepe command's and looks at Lightning. "Leave your horse's... They won't survive in there" Tepe says and walks to the gates.
 Writer
12-26-2003, 5:26 PM
((We're coming from the side the Fellowship came out from, right? So the gates on this side are open, right?))

Lightning watched carefully as the men from Rohan removed their armor. She sighed when a few of them removed their swords as well.

"While it is hoped we will not meet any resistance," she told them, "it would still be best to hang on to your swords."

When they were finally ready to enter, Lightning walked calmly to the front of the company, followed closely by Arrandir.

"It is not my desire to enter," she said softly.

"But Moria must face us," Arrandir replied. Lightning nodded wordlessly and passed through the doorway.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-26-2003, 5:53 PM
((Hmm... When we arrived to the gate's, There was no fellowship yet. Frodo and co. would be now in Bree. :) ))

Tepe light's a torch and looks some words on the gate's.
It is dark allready.
 Writer
12-26-2003, 6:40 PM
((I mean that we're coming from the direction of Rohan... not where the fellowship entered, so the gates on this side are open for anyone to enter. On the other side, the gates are closed. We have to push them open. That is the side the fellowship entered from. In other words, all we have to do is walk in, which is what I did.))
 Black Knight of Keno
12-26-2003, 8:32 PM
((Whatever...))

Tepe soon joined the others. He got ready with his bow and looked the rohirrim that took their swords out very silently.
 jokemaster
12-27-2003, 1:25 PM
Kent readied an arrow in his bow silently.
 Writer
12-27-2003, 9:27 PM
Lightning walked silently ahead of the others, followed closely by Arrandir. Neither of them felt any need to draw their weapons.

"With any luck," Lightning said quietly, "we can pass through unnoticed. However, the orcs living here have keen senses. It is doubtful they will not hear us. We will go on slowly and silently until we can be sure they know we are here. Then we must use our speed."

Even as it was, the orcs did not learn of the company until they were very near the other end and then it was by accident. One of the men from Rohan tripped over a bone and fell with a shout. He had been one to have his sword out and his sword sprang out of his hand, clattering against the stone floor.

"We have made it further than I had hoped," Lightning said, helping the man up. "Take your sword. They know we are here now, but we must not stay here, waiting for them to make a move."

Then, she heard the noise of the orcs rushing to get them from behind.

"Now is the time for speed!" she shouted. "We must get out of here."

The group began to run, but it was difficult because they had to descend several flights of stairs. Finally, just as they had reached the front gates, the orcs overtook them. Lightning lept forward and thrust the gates open by hand and they opened silently outward. The sun was shining merrily.

"Out into the sun!" Lightning called. "We must get away from here."

As she was speaking, the large lake behind her began to ripple as if a stone had been tossed into it. Many arms lept out of the water, taking hold of some of the Rohirrim.
 jokemaster
12-28-2003, 8:01 PM
Kent shot a couple of the arms, and managed to get those men out of the water, then he shot at the water from where he thought the arms were coming from.
 weiderudare
12-28-2003, 9:29 PM
Manуn, who were at the end of the group, turned around and sent a flash of light towards the orcs. Then he drew his sword and started slaying the orcs as they come near him.
 Black Knight of Keno
12-29-2003, 8:22 AM
"May I join you Manуn" Tepe asked, putting his bow and arrow away and taking his swords out.
 weiderudare
12-29-2003, 8:32 AM
"Of course"
Manуn looked back for a second, just to see that only half of the men of Rohan had stepped out of Moria.
"We are in a trap!"
 Black Knight of Keno
12-29-2003, 8:45 AM
They heard some huge footstep's coming closer.
Tepe stopped slaying the orc's.
"You hear that... They have a ****ing cavetroll"
 jokemaster
12-29-2003, 9:29 PM
Kent quickly rode farther away from the lake, closely followed by the surviving men of Rohan closeley followed him.
"LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE."
 Writer
01-02-2004, 2:16 AM
Lightning agreed and lept over to slam the gates shut.

"Arrandir!" she called and he grabbed the other side. They slammed the gates closed just as a party of orcs rushed forward to attack.

"This must be the beast I've heard of," Arrandir said, eyeing the arms coming from the water. "We cannot overpower it now. We must flee."

"GET OUT OF THIS CREATURE'S REACH!!" Lightning yelled. She turned to run, but the creature grasped her leg as she ran. With a cry of rage, Theodred sprang forward and chopped off the arm holding Lightning.

"I must save the one who could rule my country," he said. She smiled as he set her down.

"Speak no more of it," she said. He nodded and frowned.

"I dread the thought of Rohan being overrun by these vile orcs," he said. "Do I have permission to return to my country's aid?"

"Although it is not my decision, I would imagine that Tepe wouldn't mind," Lightning said. "Even so, you'd better ask just in case."

"Tepe!" Theodred called as they fled the creature. "I must return to the aid of my country. Those who remain of my company must come with me."

"The remaining forces in Rohan will not be enough to hold these orcs back," Lightning put in. Suddenly, Tepe felt some kind of influence on his mind. He wanted to grant this request.

((Tepe, I have made it so you can still decide which way you want it to go, but I must let you know something. The influence on your mind was from Lightning. She is more powerful than it seems, so if you do choose to keep the Rohirrim with us, it will mean that you have an incredibly strong mind. Not saying that you don't even if you let them go.;)
 Writer
01-02-2004, 2:18 AM
Lightning agreed and lept over to slam the gates shut.

"Arrandir!" she called and he grabbed the other side. They slammed the gates closed just as a party of orcs rushed forward to attack.

"This must be the beast I've heard of," Arrandir said, eyeing the arms coming from the water. "We cannot overpower it now. We must flee."

"GET OUT OF THIS CREATURE'S REACH!!" Lightning yelled. She turned to run, but the creature grasped her leg as she ran. With a cry of rage, Theodred sprang forward and chopped off the arm holding Lightning.

"I must save the one who could rule my country," he said. She smiled as he set her down.

"Speak no more of it," she said. He nodded and frowned.

"I dread the thought of Rohan being overrun by these vile orcs," he said. "Do I have permission to return to my country's aid?"

"Although it is not my decision, I would imagine that Tepe wouldn't mind," Lightning said. "Even so, you'd better ask just in case."

"Tepe!" Theodred called as they fled the creature. "I must return to the aid of my country. Those who remain of my company must come with me."

"The remaining forces in Rohan will not be enough to hold these orcs back," Lightning put in. Suddenly, Tepe felt some kind of influence on his mind. He wanted to grant this request.

((Tepe, I have made it so you can still decide which way you want it to go, but I must let you know something. The influence on your mind was from Lightning. She is more powerful than it seems, so if you do choose to keep the Rohirrim with us, it will mean that you have an incredibly strong mind. Not saying that you don't even if you let them go.;)
 Black Knight of Keno
01-02-2004, 4:36 PM
"If that is your wish my friend... You should leave the group two miles from Rivendell and cross the mountains by a path..." Tepe answered and looked Lightning like Tepe would know something about him that even herself didn't know.

((Wildjedi, NO GODMODING!!))
 Writer
01-02-2004, 4:45 PM
((Wasn't trying to... sorry. I did tell you that it was still your choice. Tepe is strong enough to resist Lightning's power, especially since she rarely uses it and is not very good at it yet.))

Lightning returned Tepe's gaze in silence, realizing that he knew what she had attempted. She smacked herself inwardly, reminding herself not to do anything like that with these people again.

(Is that better?))
 Black Knight of Keno
01-02-2004, 5:06 PM
((Much better :) Thanks))

Rohirrim went their own path and the rest arrived in Rivendell.
"I must see Hidrбim... You go where you go... We will meet again... But goodbye for now" Tepe sayd and he went to meet Hidrбim in a big house.
 Flamehart
01-03-2004, 5:45 PM
(Sorry, totally forgot I was in this RPG)

"At last.. Rivendell.." He thought to himself. He followed the group into the great house and handed a sheath and the sword to one of the elves, spoke quietly in elvish to him, then continued with the group.
 Writer
01-04-2004, 2:22 AM
"Valwen!" a clear voice rang out from one of the buildings. Lightning smiled and abruptly detached herself from the rest of the group.

"Another nickname of mine," she explained as she left.

"It is about time, you returned, Valwen," Arwen said in Elvish. Lightning responded in kind.

"I am happy to return," she said.
 jokemaster
01-04-2004, 1:57 PM
Kent just followed along with the group. He didn't have many friends in all Middle Earth, let alone here. He had fought alongside some of these people, and stayed there a few times, but nothing more.
 Black Knight of Keno
01-05-2004, 9:57 AM
Tepe looked the group. "Ok, you should stay out here..." he saud and the group stopped. Tepe walked inside and soon he walked out. "Ok, you should now go to a tavern nearby and get some resting..." Tepe lookes up as the sun was going down. Then he walked to Elrond's house.
 Writer
01-05-2004, 9:59 PM
((Are Aragorn and the hobbits in Rivendell yet?))

Lightning spent a lot of time with Arwen while they were in Rivendell. It seemed that the two had known each other for a while.

Arrandir on the other hand spent much of his time alone, wandering near the Shards of Narsil every once in a while. During one of these times, he ran into Lightning, for once alone. They spoke quietly for a while. She showed him her ring and sword, telling him who she really was and he shared why he had been cast out from Osgiliath. They agreed to keep silent about these things until the council Elrond was planning.
 Flamehart
01-05-2004, 11:49 PM
There was always sounds of banging of a hammer on steel heard by anyone who was near the "Smithy." Lance knew why, but he spoke of it to no one, and simply said he didn't know when anyone asked if he had any idea.
 Black Knight of Keno
01-06-2004, 9:00 AM
Tepe talked to Elrond for many hours. When he left, he walked to the shards of Narsil and looked at them. "This sword... Much memories about it..." Tepe sayd to himself and then someone touched his shoulder. He turned around and saw Aragorn. They started to talk about his travel from Bree. Then they walked towards Elrond's house because the meeting was starting in any minute now.

((Yes, they are :p ))
 jokemaster
01-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Kent walked down the streets alone, suddenly he heard a voice.
"HEY! You no-good, gold hoarding, silver-stealing COWARD!" Yelled a voice.
Kent slowly turned around, and was suprised by who he saw:
"JIMMY!?"
"How you doing Kent?"
"Fine, what's going on?"
"There's a meeting at Elrond's house"
 Flamehart
01-06-2004, 3:38 PM
Lance came up behind Aragorn and Tepe. He tapped Aragorn on his left, then moved to the right. Aragorn, however, turned to the right anyway. Lance said, "Good to see you, Strider, what brings you to Rivendell?"
 jokemaster
01-06-2004, 10:35 PM
Kent and Jimmy went to Elrond's house, and Jimmy got Kent into the meeting. They didn't greet anyone, but silently watched everything.
 Writer
01-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Lightning and Arrandir slipped into the council quietly and took their seats. Lightning's eyes rested on Aragorn and it was not long before he noticed her staring at him. He nodded his greeting, wondering what interested her so much. She returned the greeting and looked to Elrond as if wondering when the council would begin.
 Black Knight of Keno
01-07-2004, 11:04 AM
The group had taken their seats and Tepe looked at Lightning, then at Gandalf and for the last, the little hobbit sitting next to Gandalf. The council started and Elrond started to talk
 jokemaster
01-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Kent saw Tepe looking at Gandalf, and he noticed the hobbit sitting next to Gandalf. A hobbit in Rivendell? Very unusual.
 Writer
01-08-2004, 3:39 AM
“We have come because of a threat,” Elrond said, “but we cannot properly deal with it unless we know each other. Arrandir and Lightning will start.”

Lightning and Arrandir stood and Lightning held out her hand and Arrandir took it, looking down at it.

"What do you see?" she asked.

"I see a ring," he replied.

"Describe it," she ordered.

"It is a plain silver band," he replied, looking into her face. "I have looked at it before."

For a brief second, Lightning covered her one hand with the other. Then she commanded Arrandir to look again.

"It is not plain, is it?" she said.

"No, it is not," he replied. "Nine diamonds encircle a single green stone."

"Do you recognize it?" she asked. Aragorn leaned forward, seeming greatly surprised. Arrandir nodded. "And what of the sword?"

She drew it from its sheath and handed it to him. Again, Aragorn leaned forward with interest to hear Arrandir’s reply.

"Black. Its sharpened blade represents only half of its total length, but most of the hilt slides into the sheath. It is crowned with two horses, nose to nose."

"Tell me what it means to you," she ordered.

"You are the tenth generation exile of the Forgotten Family of Rohan."

"My name is Atalanta," she said as if in agreement. "My family was once the ruling family of Rohan. We were exiled ten generations ago on account of gealousy. I, being the tenth generation since the exile, have the power to reclaim that throne, but from what I see, I do not want it. Theoden is a good king and his son, Theodred will follow his father's footsteps."

"Thank you for your secret," Arrandir said. Then, with a halting voice he explained how he and Boromir had come to a disagreement and begun to fight. Boromir had made the first blow, but he was the son of the Steward. Therefore, it had been Arrandir who was cast out.

"Thank you for your secret," Lightning said. With that, they took their seats once more.
 jokemaster
01-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Kent wasn't suprised by her identity, especially after seeing the Riders of Rohan accompany them for so long.
 Black Knight of Keno
01-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Tepe stood up. "I am Tepe Greenforest, son of Thingбr" he sayd and looked at Aragorn. Aragorn stood up infront of him.
"Aragorn, do you know me?"Tepe asked "Yes, You are Tepe Greenforest, son of Thingбr and ruler of all Vanyar in Middle-earth. Your necklace is the great necklace of the dwarves. You have your sword, Mithmоr hidden in Rivendell"Aragorn explained "You said enought... Sit my friend." Tepe sayd and turned to see Elrond. "You have my sword Elrond... I have came to have it..."Tepe sayd and Elrond took a sword in it's sheet rapped in a elven cape. Tepe took it kneeling down. He stood back up and drew the cape off from the sword after turned to see the others. Few dwarves, Elf's and Men allmost shouted the name of the sword, seeing the sword that had drawn out from it's sheat and it's grey jewel was glowing bright(Mithmоr means Grey jewel, so dont panick :p ).
Tepe put the sheat and the sword under the cape and sat down.
He looked at Atalanta, knowing much about her that she revealed.
His eyes turned to Elrond.
Page: 4 of 5