Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lord of the rings RPG

Page: 2 of 5
 Writer
10-27-2003, 4:09 PM
"Durin's Bane is not something to be taken lightly," a deep voice says to them. A young man steps out from the trees and makes his way toward them. "I would not risk waking it."

He is carrying something like a staff about the size of a sword, but it seems to be made of metal and is incredibly smooth. He carries it by its center.
 Black Knight of Keno
10-28-2003, 9:36 AM
"Who are you? And why do you sneak in Vanyar lands?" Tepe ask's putting his other hand on his sword and looking the man

((Please, Wildjedi, put your char's profile here :p ))
 Writer
10-28-2003, 7:39 PM
"I have been following you for some time," the man continues, as if not hearing Tepe. He gestures to Tepe's sword. "You don't need that against me. I am with you, but I strongly recommend staying away from Moria."

He turned away for a moment and when he turned back, either side of the pole he was carrying was on fire.

"My name is lost in time," he said, a fire growing in his eyes. "I am an outcast of my own people, men. For that, the elves have named me Arrandir. I wander on the outside of my people, as my name suggests. I fight for what is right."

He casually swings the pole around. It is still on fire, but does not seem to burn or melt. Then he jabs it into the ground and the fire goes out.

"I will join you," he says.

Name: Arrandir (real name unknown)
Specie: Man
Homeplace: He doesn't live in any one specific place
Bio: Little is known about Arrandir. Some say that he was kidnapped by orcs who killed his parents. Others say his parents dropped him by the side of the road because they didn't want him. Either way, he has become an outcast among men as is suggested by his Elven name.
 jokemaster
10-28-2003, 7:53 PM
"An outcast huh? that's a nice pole."
 Writer
10-28-2003, 7:58 PM
Arrandir stared at Sam for a moment. "If you have questions about it, feel free to ask. I cannot garuntee an answer for all your questions."
 rick ulo 11103
10-28-2003, 8:04 PM
ya i got one how do you do the fire thingy
 Writer
10-28-2003, 8:06 PM
Arrandir laughs silently. "I figured that would be one of the questions. All I know is if I strike a rock it bursts into flame. If I jab it into the dirt, the flame goes away."
 rick ulo 11103
10-28-2003, 8:37 PM
what if you dont have a rock?
 Writer
10-28-2003, 11:27 PM
Arrandir dropped into a defensive position and held the pole in front of him. As if fighting invisible enemies, he swung the pole all around, using it almost like two swords connected by the hilt.

"If there are no rocks, I do this," he explained. "It works just as well."
 rick ulo 11103
10-28-2003, 11:47 PM
yes but the flames would distract them giving you the advantage and you could defeat your enemy in one strike... anywaywhat does it is it the medal or is it something you just cant explain.
 Writer
10-28-2003, 11:50 PM
"Don't know what it is," Arrandir replied. "Don't really care either just as long as it keeps working."
 Black Knight of Keno
10-29-2003, 1:05 PM
"Have you shown that to Elrond, Gandalf or Galadriel?" Tepe asked and showed a horse, looking at Arrandir. "You can have some equipment from the store house but be quick, we have no time to waste..."
 weiderudare
10-29-2003, 1:09 PM
"The danger in Moria is off different kind than the Bane of Durin. All mortal danger is not much bigger there than in Mordor. Im talking about the danger to your mind...."
Man'on nodded at Tepe to show that he was ready
 Flamehart
10-29-2003, 10:38 PM
"We must hurry, then, whatever our path may be." Lance said. He had two swords at his side. One was a standard Ranger sword, which he had used back at the camp. ((Any time i refer to myself as Craig its cuz thats who I'm used to using in RPs, so just pretend I said Lance :-P) The other, which he did not seem to want to pull out, was his real sword, Luciendar, which seemed to gleam lightly in its sheath.
 Writer
10-30-2003, 7:43 PM
Arrandir shifted the pole from his right hand to his left and drew out a sword that had been hanging at his waist. Then, he jabbed it into the ground and removed a bow from his back.

"I have these things," he said. "I need nothing more."

Then, in response to Tepe's question about his pole, he said, "Yes, I have shown it to Gandalf and Elrond, but they are as dumbfounded as I am. We agree that it has some magic about it, but we don't know where it came from or how it got this way."

Seeing that the others were on horses, Arrandir smiled. "I have no horse of my own, but unless you are planning on traveling faster than you have until this point, I won't need one. I have been able to keep up with you just fine."
 Black Knight of Keno
10-31-2003, 4:50 PM
"We are going to ride like the wind... We must hurry to Osgiliath... There's some horses over there" Tepe sayd, pointing at some horses. That pole needs to be made by Valar... It can't be... It can't the lost pole of Manwл... That's impossible... Tepe thinked and looked when Arrandir rides next to him with the fastest horse from the three horses that Tepe pointed.
 Writer
10-31-2003, 4:56 PM
Arrandir looks over at Tepe, pole in hand and says he is ready to go.
 Black Knight of Keno
10-31-2003, 5:03 PM
"Let's go!!" Tepe shouted when everyone were ready.
Time pasted, everyone got know about their others but Tepe was quiet all the time excpet when he was answering questions.
They stopped in a hill. They saw a great city and a great fort about a mile from it. Tepe looked the city and then the clowd's in Mordor. "Here is the great city of Gondor and men... Osgiliath..." Tepe said and looked Arrandir.
 Writer
10-31-2003, 5:21 PM
Arrandir sat quietly on the horse he'd been riding. He had been as silent, if not more so than Tepe. Finally, he nodded.

"Yes," he said. "That is Osgiliath, the home I was cast from. I do not have much of a wish to enter it, but if my companions do, so shall I."
 Black Knight of Keno
10-31-2003, 5:47 PM
"Arrandir, you dont have to come to Osgiliath if you dont want to... I just need to speak with Boromir or Faramir before we head to Rauros falls... I think that we should get some training over there before we go to... Well... To Brii... I know!! We must head next to Isengard or go throught Moria... Both have their own dangers... Orc's have detected near Isengard and Moria... Well... There is cave trolls, Uruk-hai's and orc's..." Tepe says and says a word in sindarin to his horse. The horse starts stepping down the hill.

((I'm not sure if Brii is the same in English than in Finnish books :p ))
 Writer
10-31-2003, 6:18 PM
((If you mean the town where Frodo meets Aragorn, it's Bree.))

"I will not leave my companions," Arrandir said firmly. "If I join a task, I do not leave it until it is finished. I will follow you."

A few of the people of Osgiliath had come out to stare at the small band and a few recognized Arrandir. These people had scowls on their faces.
 Black Knight of Keno
10-31-2003, 6:31 PM
((Bree... Ok... Nice to know that :p ))

Tepe stared at the people and put his hand ready to take out his sword. "We are coming to see Faramir or Boromir of Gondor!! Can you take us to them?!" Tepe shouted to the men and stopped his horse. The people came closer and when they were few feet away, Tepe took his bow out and there was an arrow ready on it. Tepe pointed the man hwo was "leading" the others who came out from Osgiliath. The men stopped, they did not speak but instead they looked at Arrandir. "Frend of yourse?" Tepe asked from Arrandir, pointing his bow to the "leader's" head.
 Writer
10-31-2003, 6:35 PM
"None of these people have kind feelings for me," Arrandir said. "It is more likely that he is aiming for you because you are with me. It may be best if I leave. I will join you again when you are done."

With that, Arrandir turned his horse and left.
 Black Knight of Keno
10-31-2003, 6:47 PM
Tepe lowered his bow. Soon he put it to his back aand so the arrow too. In few hours, the group joined together again near Rauros falls.
"Arrandir!!" Tepe shouted when he rided into a hill where he saw the magnificent Rauros and Arrandir. Tepe rided fast next to Arrandir. Tepe took something from his sadlebag. He handed it to Arrandir. It was a necklace from Osgiliath. "I met somebody hwo knew you and he gave me this... I think you should have it..." Tpe sayd and gave the necklace, unmounting his horse.

((Yes, yes!! The avatar is back again :p I'm too used to this avatar... And I didn't like that swamp trooper's armor too much :p ))
 jokemaster
10-31-2003, 9:02 PM
Kent, still keeping his head hooded and his identity secret, was still riding next to Tepe and Arrandir, not saying anything and making minimal noise. Finally he spoke.
"So, what did you do to get banished from here?"
 Flamehart
10-31-2003, 10:28 PM
Lance looked around and asked curiously. "So, where to now?" He really didn't want to be forced away from Gondor.
 Black Knight of Keno
11-01-2003, 6:44 AM
Tepe looks the others. He then looks Rauros falls. He obviously is trying to see something forbidden from the human eyes.

((Hey guy's, keep up with me :p There was no idea to have a talk with Faramir/Boromir in Gondor if Arrandir wouldn't be there. So we are now close to Rauros falls, talking to each other and Tepe, trying to look something "forbidden from the human eye"))
 Writer
11-03-2003, 3:04 PM
Arrandir glanced at Kent without paying much attention to anything but his words.

"I got in a fight," he said simply. He stared at the necklace given to him by Tepe and frowned, obviously trying to figure out who would give him such a thing.
 jokemaster
11-03-2003, 8:12 PM
"Must've been quite a fight to get thrown out. I've never heard of it happen before"
 Writer
11-04-2003, 9:28 PM
"It was," Arrandir said. He gave no indications of what he was fighting about or why.
 Black Knight of Keno
11-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Tepe sees something looking like a huge orc. "That cant be too good... Arrandir... Start the flames... We have a big fight on our hands..." Tepe said and took his bow ready and put an arrow ready too. Tepe looked on the other side of the river that came down from Rauros falls. Tepe shot one arrow and was ready with another just when the first arrow hit an orc in the head. "Unmount and get ready to kill trolls, orc's, uruk-hai's and others... I saw a wolfrider too..." Tepe said and shot again... and again... and again... and so on...
 jokemaster
11-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Fisher jumped off his horse, taking out his bow when he landed. He silently aimed and fired, hitting an orc straight in the head. He took another arrow out and shot a troll straight in the eye, angering it and making it attack the orcs nearby.
 Black Knight of Keno
11-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Tepe looked the raging troll "Fine hit, Kent... Fine hit..." Tepe said, shooting arrows towards some orcs. Tepe saw movable bridges with his elf eyes. "Can you see that? Movable bridges... They are coming over the river!!" Tepe said, shouting at the end of the sentence. Tepe shot two orcs and then he saw Olog-hai. "Aw crap... Olog-hai's Does anyone escept me, have an elf sword?" Tepe said and shot again, hitting orc in the eye.
 Writer
11-05-2003, 5:14 PM
"Everything I own was made by Elves," Arrandir said.
 weiderudare
11-05-2003, 7:18 PM
Manуn drew his sword, Daciendar and started to gracefully cut his way throw the hordes of orcs.
"I don't think we will be able to win this....They are swarming over at the minute"
 jokemaster
11-05-2003, 8:47 PM
"We can sure as hell take everyone we can before we run."
 Writer
11-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Arrandir struck one side of the pole fiercely on a rock and it flamed up wildly before settling down. He did the same to the other side and held the pole at the center where there were no flames. It was at this time, the others noticed that the pole's ends were pointed like spears. Each time he knocked somebody over, they would light on fire and he would stab the point into them. The fire would extinguish on that side and he would strike it on a rock and continue.

At one point, Arrandir ended up on a small hill and stabbed the pole into the ground, leaving it there. He produced his bow from his back and began shooting this way and that, hitting an orc with most of his arrows. Then, they started getting closer and he put the bow away to grab the pole again. Drawing his sword, he used the pole almost like a sword in one hand and used his sword in the other.
 jokemaster
11-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Kent sneaked around the enemy lines, sniping the highest ranking orc with his bow and arrow, than moving to another spot and sniping the next one. Soon the ranks were in chaos, the troll rampaging and the officers dying left and right. He quickly ran out of arrows, and took out a sword. Silently he jumped down from the tree he was in, and landed behind an orc officer who was yelling orders, he lifted his sword, and drove it through the orc's head, then he drove it down, splitting the orc in half
((Gory, ain't it?))
 Flamehart
11-06-2003, 12:23 AM
((Can someone fill me in on what happened? I was away for quite a bit, thanks. Also, I'm doing a book report and if any of you can real quickly give me some difficult words from the book for me to include in a vocabulary section of it that'd be great guys :D))
 weiderudare
11-06-2003, 6:21 AM
(((((Haha, you mean that you are doing a book report of LOTR? Me too))))))

Manуn stood on the same place, cutting orcs as they rushed towards him. Suddenly, the ranks opened up and orc archers started to shoot arrows at him.
Manуn threw his sword towards the bowmen, killing half of them. The others retreated.
"A sword! A sword! I need a sword!"
 Black Knight of Keno
11-06-2003, 11:05 AM
((Jokemaster, "Gory. gory what a hell of a way to die! Gory, gory what a hell of a way to die..."-band of brothers))

Tepe dropped his bow. He took two arrows in his hands and runned towards two uruk-hai's. He jumped and when he landed and took his sword's out, the two uruk's fell to the ground with the arrows in their heads. Tepe sliced, chopped, killed and runned. Soon he was fighting the orcs just next to the falls. Tepe started to back off upper to the rauros falls and when he was up, he looked the massacre. Then he looked to the othr way. He saw horses and men. "Rohirrim..." Tepe said and started to ight his way again lower to the others.
 weiderudare
11-06-2003, 5:12 PM
((((((Tepe, we have a battle going on. Its your turn))))))
 Black Knight of Keno
11-07-2003, 4:06 PM
Tepe kills an Olog-hai and then arrives to the battlefield. Tepe killed many orcs and Uruk-hai's. He was allready scratched by an orc axe
 Flamehart
11-08-2003, 1:00 AM
Craig worked with Tepe to kill several of the Orcs and Uruk-hais. His Ranger sword gleaming before finally he defended an Uruk-hai attack with it and it snapped in two. He looked in horror and ducked away, picking up a dead Uruk-hai sword and began to fight with it. Unknown to everyone, The Sword of Light was in shards, and he could not use it until it was forged anew. He looked amongst the group. "We must get to Rivendell! I have an urgent errand!!" He killed the Uruk-hai that had snapped his previous sword and began to fight others, having a very difficult time with the heavy broadsword.
 Black Knight of Keno
11-08-2003, 5:20 AM
"Craig!! Not yet!! Rohirrim arrives here in few minutes... urgh... Take this sword!" Tepe shouted to Craig and threw his other elf sword to him. "We... must... hold... on!!" Tepe shouted to the others and then charged towards an Olog-hai, evading orc spears.
 jokemaster
11-08-2003, 1:24 PM
Kent kept at it, killing more and more orcs with his bow and the orc's arrows.
 Flamehart
11-08-2003, 5:57 PM
Craig threw the Orc sword like a javelin, nailing an orc in the head with it, then took the Elven sword and started fighting, more used to the weight of the sword. After a few seconds he joined Tepe in his rush toward the Olog-hai
 Black Knight of Keno
11-08-2003, 6:10 PM
Tepe sliced and when he landed next to the Olog-hai and killed two orcs, he noticed that the Olog-hai dropped his hammer because its hand was cut allmost off. Tepe heard a horn behind few hills. Tepe grabbed his horn from his neck and blowed to it. The sound was magnificent. The elven horn had so sweet sound that could wake even the sleeping goodness in the world. Tepe blowed and blowed until thirteen horns responded and twelve flags was seen behind the hills. "Craig, quikly. Kill the Olog-hai and then meet me next to the river!!" Tepe shouted and started to run towards the movable bridges with a long stick that Arranir was light to fire by his pole. Tepe arrived soon there and lighted the bridges to fire. Then he threw the stick straight to an orcs head, making the orc dead. Tepe fighted and the bridges burned with the orcs trying to cross them.
 weiderudare
11-08-2003, 9:31 PM
(((((((Im talking about the RPG at the front page! We started a battle remember? Press "Battle" at the front page, and then you write in 1028 and then the password for the battle. Im waiting Tepe...)))))))
 Flamehart
11-08-2003, 10:05 PM
In a fantastic finesse of moves, Craig took out the Olog-hai without getting coming close to being hit by it or any other orcs, then ran next to the river to meet Tepe.
Page: 2 of 5