Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

X-Wing Pilot model,...

Page: 1 of 1
 HapSlash
10-02-2003, 1:25 PM
Before Jedi Accademy came out a couple of people told me that there might be an X-wing pilot in the game. As I've been working on a model myself I'd be interested in seeing what they came up with.

I don't have JA yet, but I was wondering if there actually is one in the game or not.

If there is, could anyone post some pictures of him,...?
 GothiX
10-02-2003, 1:29 PM
It's a very well done Wedge Antilles model, actually.. I'll post some pics in a while.
 SSJShinigami
10-02-2003, 8:48 PM
While the one in the game is pretty good, I have to say that Hapslash's is much, much better
 CortoCG
10-03-2003, 1:33 PM
You still don't post pictures. Here are some Hap, the mesh is pretty simple, with a nice skin and shader work, though the shaders are not seen in these ModView renders:

Rebel Pilot 1 (http://www.cortocg.com/gallery/jka/render/rebel_pilot_1.jpg)
Rebel Pilot 2 (http://www.cortocg.com/gallery/jka/render/rebel_pilot_2.jpg)
Rebel Pilot 3 (http://www.cortocg.com/gallery/jka/render/rebel_pilot_3.jpg)
Rebel Pilot wireframes (http://www.cortocg.com/gallery/jka/render/rebel_pilot_wires.jpg)
 HapSlash
10-03-2003, 8:13 PM
Thanks Corto!

Not bad,... makes me glad that I decided to make mine into Luke rather than just a basic rebel pilot.

The one I've been working on is almost finished. Here's a couple of shots I took using ModView.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/xluke-pilot1.jpg)
http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/xluke-pilot2.jpg)
http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/xluke-pilot3.jpg)
http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/face-anim.jpg)

I've been wanting to go back and rework the textures, but maybe it would make more sense to just make some alterations to the existing JA textures. That way, they would at least look like they're wearing the same uniform.

Anyone care to send me the torso and legs textures so I can see how they look with this model?
 CortoCG
10-03-2003, 10:11 PM
Sometimes I think youґre just teasing us, you skins are much better than Ravenґs. Would you mind to tell me what do you think itґs wrong or incomplete about them?
 t3rr0r
10-04-2003, 12:56 AM
i like that your version actually has extra parts... like the leg straps (for lack of a better term). you planning on skinning your own wedge face? or biggs? etc. i look forward to your other pilot models as well.
 HapSlash
10-04-2003, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by CortoCG
Sometimes I think youґre just teasing us, you skins are much better than Ravenґs. Would you mind to tell me what do you think itґs wrong or incomplete about them? Don't get me wrong, I wasn't just talking about taking the JA textures and slapping them on my model and calling it good.

I was really just wanting the textures so I could alter the ones I have to better match them in style and shade of color. Mainly for continuity,... If the two pilots are supposed to be wearing the same uniform it would only make sense to try and make them look similar?

And also, I have a large number of projects going on, so any way I can save a little time is a plus.

:dev7:

Originally posted by t3rr0r
you planning on skinning your own wedge face? or biggs?

I'm not planning on including any skins with the model, other than what I've already posted. I thought about it, but I wanted to get the model finished first, then I can go back and worry about new skins.

There are quite a number of designs for the helmets, and with JA's customization feature I thought that it would be a cool idea to let people customize their own pilot.

But until I actually get JA that's going to have to wait.

So for now, I've only done the Luke skin, and I thought that I did a Biggs,... ;)
 CortoCG
10-04-2003, 3:17 PM
Ok Hap, just checking =). I'll send you the skins. But you do a much better work than them, donґt get me worng, I suck at skinning, so I cannot complain about Raven's either.
 t3rr0r
10-04-2003, 8:29 PM
Originally posted by HapSlash
and I thought that I did a Biggs,... ;)
i don't know how i missed clicking on the third link. :confused:

ever think about making jek porkins using a modified gamorrean model? ;)

love how ig-88 looks now, btw. :eek:
 TK-8252
10-04-2003, 9:07 PM
Wow! I didn't know you were including a Biggs skin! The suprises just keep coming and coming...
 HapSlash
10-06-2003, 12:38 AM
Ok Hap, just checking =). I'll send you the skins.That'd be great,... Thanks!

I didn't know you were including a Biggs skin!http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/biggs.jpg)

The Biggs skin is a leftover from back when the model was just a basic pilot. Rather than leave it as just a plain helmet, I went ahead and made Biggs. Since most people thought that the Luke face was difficult to skin, I decided to leave the generic head in there so people could customize their own pilot.

http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/reb.jpg)

As for a Porkins model,... I wouldn't count on it.
 TK-8252
10-06-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
I didn't know you were including a Biggs skin! Uh... I sayed that, Hap, not Corto. :D

It would be nice if you'd include an Antilles skin, so I could replace him in single player. Does that little briefing box that shows Kyle, a Protocol Droid, Luke, and Antilles use their in-game model?
 HapSlash
10-06-2003, 1:01 AM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
Uh... I sayed that, Hap, not Corto. :D Oh well,... That's what you get when ya cut and paste,... :dev7:Does that little briefing box that shows Kyle, a Protocol Droid, Luke, and Antilles use their in-game model? Wha?
 TK-8252
10-06-2003, 1:04 AM
Wha? You know... When you start a level and when you finish one, there's this screen that shows mission briefing and your stats, and there is a little box in the corner that shows someone's face and talks to you.

EDIT: Yup, looks like it does use the same model and skin, just with the lower body surfed off in a menu skin file. I saw someone using the Luke and Kyle model with their lower body missing... I guess they used /model luke/menu and /model kyle/menu.
 YoDa2k2
10-06-2003, 7:15 PM
As for a Porkins model,... I wouldn't count on it. [/B]

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU JUST DASHED ALL MY HOPES! Curse you... -_-
 Infinity Blade
10-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Wha? JA, I'm guessing....
 TK-8252
10-07-2003, 1:02 AM
Originally posted by Infinity Blade
JA, I'm guessing.... Yes, I'm talking about Jedi Academy. If you don't have academy, Hap, just never mind then. :D
 CortoCG
10-07-2003, 2:15 AM
Hap, did the skins reach it's target?
 rolyat
10-07-2003, 12:59 PM
I have the feeling that the helmet of your Luke model (the one where Luke has scars on the face), so that helmet seems to be small, doesn't it?
 Sithxace
10-08-2003, 1:18 AM
how do u guys do the face? Shape it then paste a picture of wedges face onto it?
 HapSlash
10-08-2003, 2:49 AM
Hap, did the skins reach it's target? Yeah,... I got them, and I've looked through 'em. I've seen the body textures before in JO only here they've been lightly altered.

I've decided to just stick with the textures I was using,... I just changed the color to better match the JA pilot, and did a few other small alterations, but it's pretty close to how it was before.

Originally posted by rolyat
I have the feeling that the helmet of your Luke model (the one where Luke has scars on the face), so that helmet seems to be small, doesn't it? Are you talking, just on Luke, or all of them in general?

Originally posted by Sithxace
how do u guys do the face? Shape it then paste a picture of wedges face onto it?Something like that,...
 DarkLord60
10-08-2003, 7:41 PM
I love how the scars are added to his face to make him match ESB
 Darth]-[azard
10-09-2003, 9:55 AM
Man, Now I'm really mad my pc had to fail and prevent me from getting JA.
 Infinity Blade
10-09-2003, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by Darth]-[azard
Man, Now I'm really mad my pc had to fail and prevent me from getting JA. I don't know why you'd be mad if it prevented you from getting JA... this model is coming out for JO.
Not that JA people won't be able to play it......

The discussion was just about the JA pilot model/skin... and veered off onto Hap's model.
 The Cheat
10-09-2003, 11:26 PM
wow hapslash, your looks much better then the raven model/skin
 TK-8252
10-10-2003, 1:53 AM
Originally posted by The Cheat
wow hapslash, your looks much better then the raven model/skin That's not a suprise. :D Just look at his Stormtrooper, Imperial Officer, Snowtrooper... Need I go on?
 CortoCG
10-10-2003, 1:54 AM
Indeed they look. I'd say that they look as well detailed as Factor 5 Rogue Leader's rebel pilot.
 __CKY__
10-15-2003, 3:09 AM
Nice!:D
 rolyat
10-15-2003, 3:31 AM
Are you talking, just on Luke, or all of them in general?

I was talking about Luke. The Rebel pilot and the Biggs seem to be OK. Maybe it's due to the size of the Luke's head?

Anyhow, the work is just perfect.
 Pnut_Man
10-15-2003, 10:33 AM
A want a HapSlash Stormtrooper released to place over the crap Raven version...

But awesome work on the pilot, it's much better than Jedi Academy's.
 HapSlash
10-15-2003, 11:48 PM
I don't think that my model is really any better, it's just different. Looking at the JA one I can see where I could have done things better, but at the same time I see where they could have done more with theirs.
Originally posted by rolyat
I was talking about Luke. The Rebel pilot and the Biggs seem to be OK. Maybe it's due to the size of the Luke's head.They share the same mesh for the helmet, even the mouth and eyes, so the models are the same in size. It probably has to do with the darker texture color on his helmet. Looking back, I probably could have made the helmet a little larger, but it is comparable to the JA model.

The Stormtrooper will probably be next on my list to finish, so as soon as I get this thing submitted I can get back to work on finishing that up.
Page: 1 of 1