Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hilt Pack 1.1a???? Help

Page: 1 of 1
 cheeto101
09-27-2003, 6:59 PM
K, i get the luke sabers, desanns and the reborn sabers, they all work fine. But the Custom ones like maul's are all skinless, any one else find this problem?? I got it installed to my base folder and i dunno. Any of you modellers got any suggestions?
 mcich_hadum
09-27-2003, 11:36 PM
I have the exact same problem, it's a shame I really wanted to use some of the cool looking ones like Dooku's
 cheeto101
09-28-2003, 6:19 AM
yeah, i mean, i got that other hilt pack, but this one has the sword, and the staff and a bunch of cool stuff. But nothin has a skin.
 Cosmos Jack
09-28-2003, 7:33 AM
I got my hilt packs from these places. They all work fine for me. They aren't in SP, but they are in MP... Try downloading these see if they work.

Other Hilts like Maul's & Dooku's
http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~jsh5/)

Luke, Dessan, and Reborn sabers to MP.
http://pcgamemods.com/2286/)
 Android Bob
09-28-2003, 9:50 PM
Yeah! We will be releasing an updated version of the pack. Hopfully tonight if I have the time after work. When I uploaded it I thought everything was working properly. Sorry! Some of the skins are still messed up. They are on the sabers but in the wrong places. if you know how to correct this let me know. I am still working on the saber menue so that the red saber icon is in the box instead of outside it. Unfortunatly the pack has also grown in size and you now have 44 single and dual sabers and 9 lightstaves. it is now I think about 9MB.
 cheeto101
09-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Bob, you are now my new best friend. Great job, keep up the good work.
 Android Bob
09-29-2003, 5:49 AM
Well my friend did most of the work. I am at the moment only trying to fix the saber menu a little so it looks nicer and to mabey cut a few sabers out than need a little work. They will be added in a little latter in a pack that we will call the "directors cut." The reason I am uploading is that I have DSL and he only has a 56k.

Unfortunatly I have hit a setback in the menu. I keep getting two .MENU files in the pk3 file when I put the editted one in. Plus the guess and check method for the placement of the saber icons kinda sucks. It is taking longer than expected. I probably won't be able to get it up untill wednesday. Work and school suck when trying to do this. But you never know, If I get lucky it could be as early as monday or tuesday. I was hoping for tonight but oh well. :(

If you can't wait and want the rough version of the file with all the sabers (which are all skinned) and the same menue as in 1.1a then email me at finch-4@att.net and I will e-mail it back to you. as long as there are not to many requests. in the subject write More_hilts
 Cosmos Jack
09-29-2003, 11:40 AM
"Android Bob" What are you trying to do put them in SP?
 Android Bob
09-29-2003, 3:40 PM
That is exactly what we are doing. Of course they will be in multiplayer also.
 Tyler_Durden
10-01-2003, 5:00 AM
Dude, maybe after all your hard work you could perhaps post up a tutorial on how to get our own custom sabers in the game so that we can have literally hundred of handles to download and choose from. It would also be helpful to me as i am in preproduction on a sp campaign that will require me to create my own hilts and i will need to learn what directories to put the hilts. Great job.
 Forceflow_tap
10-01-2003, 3:58 PM
Well, like Bob said, I did most of the work. We're getting together today to put the finishing touches on "More Hilts 1.2" so we can get up it tonight or tomorrow. The Dooku saber now has full textures, as do all of the other hilts. We've also added a few more hilts to the selection. If you've got questions, ideas, or comments, e-mail Bob or you can e-mail me at Dark_Kateria@yahoo.com

Later, all you hilt fanatics.

Tyler, e-mail me and I'll tell you how to do it. Or, you could ask me to work on your sp production with you. I wouldn't mind working for somebody else, it'd be fun.
 Tyler_Durden
10-01-2003, 4:54 PM
That would be cool to have someone work with me but right now i'm basically working on character designs, what levels i want to create, as well as the story and also am in the beginning stages of learning how to model and skin. But yeah if you could send me an email outlining how to get sabers into the game that would be awesome.

here's my email address: hunter25@earthlink.net

thanks
 Primrodo
10-04-2003, 4:07 PM
Any updates on the hilts yet? :)
 Android Bob
10-05-2003, 8:25 AM
Actually it is up. More Hilts 1.5, but as you can see lucas files is down at the moment. :eek: I tried to uplaod it to JK2files but my e-mail does not like me at the moment.:mad: Oh well hopfully lucas files gets back up soon.
 master obi-wan
10-05-2003, 8:33 AM
can't you just link it to this thread ??? or email me the pack at white_tigerjs@hotmail.com or post it in a private message ??

i really would love those sabers !!
 RJW_ca
10-05-2003, 10:44 AM
I too would very much like your new hilt pack--can you please e-mail me the new hilts also??

RJW_ca@rogers.com or RJW_ca@hotmail.com

Please I love your work and I would very much like to have the new hilts!!!

RJW_ca "OUT"
 soulshine
10-05-2003, 10:35 PM
please send me 1.5 i like those sabers soulshine@sbcglobal.net
 L2.0
10-06-2003, 6:17 AM
If you need a host, feel free to let me know. onedarkelf@hotmail.com
 Forceflow_tap
10-06-2003, 3:51 PM
A host.... Yes.... that could be the key.... the key to destroying all that stands in our path of conquering the galaxy with the dark side of the force....

Oops... You weren't meant to hear that. *attempts to use mind trick and rolls the d20...*

A host might solve our problems, but we'd have to be able to trust that you wouldn't try to pass it off as your own creation. As for Version 1.5, sadly, it is now out of date. Version 1.5a is probably what you will desire, since we've finally solved one of our annoying bugs that we had in 1.5
Since jk2files.com is run by idiots (don't tell them I said that, and if they are reading this, I'm only saying this because they never post any mod I send them anymore...) we are having trouble uploading to them. We would send it to www.massassi.net), but they are also having some file troubles. In the meantime, anybody feel like helping me beta test a new mod we've made? It's called "GameUpgrade", and adds 2 new NPC Vehicles, the Mutant Rancor and the Sand Creature. It also adds more saber dismemberment probabilities, so you can now cut off heads and decapitate at the waist. If you're interested in helping the beta test, send an e-mail to: Dark_Kateria@juno.com with the subject heading "I want to Beta Test GameUpgrade". All authorized beta testers (those that actually e-mail me and recieve the file) will be given credit for beta testing.

Well, that was fun. Hope you'll all like More_Hilts 1.5 or More_Hilts 1.5a or More HiltsDX (Director's Cut).... Oops... wasn't supposed to let that slip... Oh well. Feel free to rant and rave and attempt to guess what's in the Director's Cut, because it's not in More_Hilts 1.5 or More_Hilts 1.5a

Laterz...
 Android Bob
10-07-2003, 5:18 AM
Ahh Hell! wait a bit on 1.5a. It is not like we are missing anything that important. Just the melee description and I put the wrong menu in so that the second saber's red icon is not in the box. We have textures on the saber and everything is selectable. so it is nothing gamestopping. Im just pissed that I made the mistake of putting in the wrong menu file. Oh well.
 Scoundrel
10-07-2003, 3:41 PM
Nice job with those hilts. What are you going to add next? There are many good hilts avaible. Kit Fisto, Adi Gallia, Coleman Trebor etc...
 Forceflow_tap
10-07-2003, 6:04 PM
Oops. I killed Version 1.5a with Version 1.5b

1.5b has the finally fixed textures for both of the Obi-Wan Kenobi Hilts, "The Phantom Menace" variation and the "Attack of the Clones" variation. Bob, you moron, call me so we can get version 1.5b up asap. As for you, Scoundrel, are you making that really awesome blue-skinned Zabrak with the black dreadlocks that was in the Arena Battle in "AOTC"? I really want to playas him, cause he's so cool.

Whatup all?

Not getting any saber ideas... Come on, suggest hilts you people...
 Daskers
10-07-2003, 6:36 PM
The Exar Kun model is meant to be a saber staff (double bladed). It was the origional saber staff, and should be converted.
 Forceflow_tap
10-07-2003, 8:46 PM
I know who he is and what is saber is supposed to be. However, I have absolutely no modeling programs. Creating and editing hilts is Android Bob's department. I've got to get back to debugging "GameUpgrade", finally got those "RebornRodian", "RebornChiss", "RebornTrandoshan", and "RebornWeequay" to show up in the actual game without using codes...
 bliv
10-07-2003, 9:12 PM
I suggest that once you exhaust the sabers used by characters from the EU that you look towards custom hilts. There are plenty of nicely designed custom hilts, whether they be very plain in design or highly detailed and irregular.

Also it could be an idea to do a hilt for Corran Horn.....a.k.a the Speeder Bike handle bar.
 L2.0
10-07-2003, 9:54 PM
Originally posted by Daskers
The Exar Kun model is meant to be a saber staff (double bladed). It was the origional saber staff, and should be converted.

Actually, Exar Kun used a Doublebladed at first. He switched to 2 sabers later on (whilst keeping with the 'blue' motif of Jedi.)

Plenty of good ideas for sabers out there:

Nomi Sunrider
Ulic Qel'Droma
Cay Qel'Droma
Odan Urr
Odd Bnarr
Tott Doneeta
Lumiya (Shira Brie)
Arca Jeth
King Ommin
Sylvar
Tenel-ka
Vodo Siossk Baas

etc. :D
 Scoundrel
10-08-2003, 3:50 AM
Scoundrel, are you making that really awesome blue-skinned Zabrak with the black dreadlocks that was in the Arena Battle in "AOTC"? I really want to playas him, cause he's so cool.

You mean Agen Kolar? He was zabrak and was in Arena, nyt he is dark skinned. I havent spotted any other zabraks. I will do it for Eeth Koth mesh if anyone else is not going to do it.
 master obi-wan
10-08-2003, 4:52 AM
hey where can i get the saberpack ??????? :confused:
 Forceflow_tap
10-08-2003, 3:49 PM
Having a bit of trouble find those sabers you've mentioned. Found Adi, Kit, Nomi, and some customs. Anybody got a speeder bike handlebar graphic? I figure we could try to make Corran's saber. That was was cool.

Good luck on those models.
 JediLurker
10-08-2003, 4:59 PM
Anyone happen to know how to get around the bug involving custom sabers and SP cutscenes? All I get is kyle's hilt and no blade. Or is that something that'll be fixed in a later release of this pack?

Edit: Nevermind. I found out it was the player model I was using that was the problem, not the sabers. Sorry.
 Scoundrel
10-08-2003, 5:03 PM
Coleman Trebor: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4577)

Saesee Tiin: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=16628)

Jacen Solo: http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=15344)

There are some for you, and I might create saber of Master Tsui Choi. (Star Wars: Republic. The Defense of Kamino)
 Scoundrel
10-10-2003, 8:02 PM
And some more hilt ideas:

Quel-Drin Fall
Trandoshan Jedi
Null
Bones
Micah Giiett
Quinlan Vos
Hatrus 1
Hatrus 2
Hatrus 3

All should be avaible in that Jedimod saberhilt pack.
 L2.0
10-15-2003, 8:34 PM
Hey Forceflow:

Read your PMs. And empty your email account. I've been trying to send you some stuff for a week now. :)
 Scoundrel
10-19-2003, 8:18 AM
Hey, how is your mod, any progress?
Yeah, another hilt suggestion, you should download Fistfull of sabers hiltpack and add those. Some of them are pretty good looking.

Any release date? I could of course use your mod and add all of those myself, but it would feel like stealing your work.
 Scoundrel
10-19-2003, 5:02 PM
http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=17277)

You should find many of suggested hilts from there. And lots of more, I would like to see all of them in game.
 Forceflow_tap
10-22-2003, 4:17 PM
I thought I had told y'all that my harddrive is DEAD. I cannot do any work on the mod unless at I'm at Android Bob's house. (Probably not till this friday.) I should be getting a new harddrive pretty soon...
 Android Bob
10-23-2003, 10:43 PM
should make things easier once you get a new HD. As for mod progress we were trying to make a texture fix that was compatible with the mod. Unfortunatly the patch did not work. So we will release a new mod in about a week.
 Forceflow_tap
10-24-2003, 4:10 PM
Except for once I get the new harddrive, we have to install all sorts of things, like the OS, and my USB Zip Drive software, my webcam software, DirectX, and lots of other fun things. Then I'll be able to re-install Jedi Academy/Outcast and whatever other games I want. Yeah, it was a pity. We wanted to make it so you guys wouldn't have to keep downloading the whole thing, but for some reason the tiny fix I made didn't work properly. A real shame, though. I really thought it would've worked...
Page: 1 of 1