Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Boba Fett? *spoilers*

Page: 1 of 1
 ltlrat
09-20-2003, 1:11 AM
I was just wondering if anybody noticed that boba fett is in this game, and shouldn't be. This game takes place several years after ROTJ (which is the movie in which boba fett dies), so can somebody explain why he's in the game?(and i hoped its not because of the story about him escaping the sarlac pit)
 Screed
09-20-2003, 1:15 AM
Heh, Boba Fett didnt die. Read the Bounty Hunter Wars books. Also fighting Boba Fett in the game was bad ass, I definatley wouldnt want him as an enemy. That mofo was dodging shots and saber swings and he isnt even attuned to the force!

First time I gripped him I was like, HAH! Got you now weakling! Than he engaged his jet pack and was shortly followed by me saying DOH!
 The Count
09-20-2003, 1:17 AM
Do you ever think that Boba\Jango has some sort of indirect connection to the force; I mean they both totally kick ass.
 ltlrat
09-20-2003, 1:17 AM
ugh...i heard about that, but i hate how it wasn't explained...i enjoyed fighting him too, in fact i fought him for the hell of it early in the level when he couldn't die, just cause it was dumb.

thanks anyway
 ltlrat
09-20-2003, 1:18 AM
no i doubt it...they're just awesome bounty hunters
 NVShacker
09-20-2003, 1:18 AM
Try to:
playermodel boba_fett

It is AWSOME. You can use his jetpack and he has fists in his inventory.
 ltlrat
09-20-2003, 1:20 AM
SWEET thanks
 Screed
09-20-2003, 1:20 AM
Whats the button to engage his jetpack?
 SHeLL
09-20-2003, 2:38 AM
Double tap jump.

Anyone got any ideas as to his flamethrower? A command perhaps?
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-20-2003, 3:11 AM
Originally posted by SHeLL
Double tap jump.

Anyone got any ideas as to his flamethrower? A command perhaps?

Try using force lightning while playing as Boba.

Also, it's not, technically, a double-tap jump... just hit jump any time you're not on the ground and it'll turn on the jetpack. So, if you fall off a cliff (which there are many of), just hit jump and fly back up!
 Zod
09-20-2003, 3:56 AM
The bad guys won't attack me as Boba and allies attacks me, is there anyway to make allies not attack and to make the bad guys attack me?
 JarJarBinks
09-20-2003, 4:17 AM
Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]
Try using force lightning while playing as Boba.

I tried force lightning but nothing happend, then I used setforcelightning 3 and tried but I just got regular lightning :confused:.

If you want enemies to attack you and allies to not attack you, type playerteam player in your console.
 Kurgan
09-20-2003, 4:30 AM
Intersting thread (although I haven't found Fett in SP yet, I probably shouldn't be reading this).

You should add your comments in the "Not Enough Customization for you?..." thread for the full version.

To make it so that you're the "hero" again and can fight bad guys, set:

npcteam player
playerteam player

in the console.
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
09-20-2003, 5:21 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I tried force lightning but nothing happend, then I used setforcelightning 3 and tried but I just got regular lightning :confused:.

Yeah, wasn't sure if that still worked or not. I'll have to take a look at the code when I'm back at work...
 lankyframe
09-20-2003, 5:39 AM
wait i beat both sides of the force today and i didnt see ne bobba fett i know how to get his skin but that is it is there sumthing im missing?? in game im starting the game on jedi master is that where he is ?
 Crow_Nest
09-20-2003, 7:11 AM
Originally posted by ltlrat
I was just wondering if anybody noticed that boba fett is in this game, and shouldn't be. This game takes place several years after ROTJ (which is the movie in which boba fett dies), so can somebody explain why he's in the game?(and i hoped its not because of the story about him escaping the sarlac pit)

Hey you're right!

did he die in ROTJ? I can't remember.
 cjd118118
09-20-2003, 8:49 AM
Yeah right, the story goes that he blasted his way out of the sarlac pit abd flow of with his jetpack, but to be honest it was in a cartoon, so who knows????
 Flashblade
09-20-2003, 9:01 AM
Originally posted by lankyframe
wait i beat both sides of the force today and i didnt see ne bobba fett i know how to get his skin but that is it is there sumthing im missing?? in game im starting the game on jedi master is that where he is ?

You better skip no missions if you want to see everything. Boba Fett is in the third (last) five mission set. He is on Ord Mantell defending the weapon caches.
 Classic
09-22-2003, 5:06 AM
Hope someone can get the flamethrower to work :)
BUMP!
 Crow_Nest
09-22-2003, 5:18 AM
Originally posted by cjd118118
Yeah right, the story goes that he blasted his way out of the sarlac pit abd flow of with his jetpack, but to be honest it was in a cartoon, so who knows????

Cartoon? It was in a moive.
 El Chupacabra
09-22-2003, 10:38 AM
The Fetts are just 2 jokes who fanboys jump on - so they have to make them "more powerful" than they really would be. A jedi would wipe the floor with either of them...or both.
 golffur15
09-23-2003, 3:01 AM
Jango got his clock cleaned
 ninja
09-23-2003, 3:10 AM
when it gives you the choice of finishing the last mission or to go back to the temple, go to the last mission. boba is in the third set of missions in the last mission. or u can just click on it first instead of going from mission 1 through 4. just click on the last one.

on that note, does anyone know a cheat to get the boba model with the jetpack in free for all or duel? i'm aware as for now you can only use jet pack in siege. but i dont care if he cant fly in FFA, he just looks more cooler with the jet pack on.
 Crow_Nest
09-23-2003, 5:13 AM
I haven't tried MP yet.
 ninja
09-23-2003, 2:14 PM
anyone know? looks like i gotta post this often cause this moves to the next page every day because we're all nuts about JA :D
 ThexyDwagin
09-23-2003, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by El Chupacabra
The Fetts are just 2 jokes who fanboys jump on - so they have to make them "more powerful" than they really would be. A jedi would wipe the floor with either of them...or both.

Thats cause his stupid arse stayed on the ground, shooting with a blaster pistol and let Windu run over and wax him.

With all the weapontry available in Star Wars universe, and a jetpack.. You sure as heck would not see ME as him just standing there. I'd be hovering and blowing him to kingdom come with the largest concussive weapon I had.

:D

What Jango did would be considered a 'Fatal Mistake'..
 Sam Fisher
09-23-2003, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by crow_nest
did he die in ROTJ? I can't remember.

Try reading The Bounty Hunter Wars books,

1) The Mandlorian Armor
2) Slave Ship
3) Hard Merchandise

Very good books, they explain all about what happened to Fett.
 ninja
09-23-2003, 4:54 PM
anyone still know how to get the boba jetpack model in FFA. he just looks so incomplete without his jetpack in multi player. and as i stated before i am aware that only in siege games you can use jetpack. i dont care about flying i just wanna have boba with his jet pack lol.

help anyone.
 cjd118118
09-23-2003, 6:36 PM
hey
maybe u can do it in the console i dont know:)

but i do no,, that there will be a mod soon enough

patience my good enemy!!!!
 Iblis Reborn
09-23-2003, 8:12 PM
Originally posted by ThexyDwagin
Thats cause his stupid arse stayed on the ground, shooting with a blaster pistol and let Windu run over and wax him.

With all the weapontry available in Star Wars universe, and a jetpack.. You sure as heck would not see ME as him just standing there. I'd be hovering and blowing him to kingdom come with the largest concussive weapon I had.

actually when he gets run over by that stupid rhino thing his jetpack gets broken (you see sparks and ****) so he couldnt get off the ground
 Wes Janson
09-23-2003, 8:20 PM
In the movies, the only place a Jedi couldn't reach you is in the air. They all had a tough time throwing their sabers, it seems...
 BS87
09-23-2003, 9:25 PM
Originally posted by ThexyDwagin

This occured to me to, though on closer inspection, you'll notice seconds before Windu Marie Antoinette's him, he trys to blast off, but it malfunctions and a bunch of sparks shoot from the bottoms of the jetpack. :(
 ninja
09-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ninja
anyone still know how to get the boba jetpack model in FFA. he just looks so incomplete without his jetpack in multi player. and as i stated before i am aware that only in siege games you can use jetpack. i dont care about flying i just wanna have boba with his jet pack lol.

help anyone.

can anyone help me out please, i'm sure someone out there knows.
 the__phoenix
10-05-2003, 1:30 PM
/devmapall [mapname]
/model boba_fett :fett:
/give all
(don't know, why /give jetpack doesn't work)
 Pedro The Hutt
10-05-2003, 2:15 PM
Originally posted by Wes Janson
In the movies, the only place a Jedi couldn't reach you is in the air. They all had a tough time throwing their sabers, it seems...

"This weapon is your life!" as Obi-Wan put it, so most Jedi aren't going to be reckless and throw it about. (personally I haven't even put a single point in saber throw in MP, and I hardly ever use it in SP, I feel too awkward with my saber somewhere in the sky where it's useless rather than in my hands where it's a multifunctional tool)
 |GG|Carl
10-05-2003, 2:49 PM
Click here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=107412) if you want to know more about how boba wass saved.
 cjd118118
10-05-2003, 3:28 PM
last time im saying this

to get his jetpack type 'give all'
 Remirol Nacnud
10-05-2003, 4:07 PM
Remember that the clone army are just the same as Bobba, just that they had accelerated growth.

If Bobba and Jango were slightly attuned to the force, so would the clones(unless it was just luck that bobba ended up with attunement and the others didn't)
 Akai
10-05-2003, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by El Chupacabra

Agreed. Boba Fett doesn't do squat in Empire Strikes Back except for find out where Solo and company are hiding and call in Darth Vader to collect 'em....just a highly paid snitch, really. And in Return of the Jedi he just stands around looking enigmatic and tough but when he gets to have any action he gets taken out by a Three Stooges gag and ends up as worm food. It's only in the Expanded Universe that he get elevated to the status of an unbeatable demigod.

And if it wasn't for the game cheating and not letting him die I would have gone Mace Windu all over him....just used Force Speed to rush him and carve him up with my lightsaber and when he tried to rocket back into the sky I used Force Pull to yank him none too gently back down to the ground and work him over some more.
 D8alus
10-05-2003, 7:05 PM
not to get too fanboish, but...there WAS a reason that Jango was chosen as the donor for the clone DNA...:rolleyes:
 Dethsaint
10-05-2003, 7:07 PM
Even though Boba are a clone he could have force capability - As far as I can recall, Luke Skywalker has got a "cloned" student who was grown rather than born. Everybody on his homplanet shunned him as they saw him as freak, but he was luckily recruited by luke.

Btw. I think the planet was inhabited by former clone soldiers from the Clone Wars (SW:EP2) and since they had no females they had to "grow" children to maintain their society.

Please correct me if I'm too far out, but I destinctly remember to have read it in one of dem' fancy EU books about Luke and his Academy. :rolleyes:
 Akai
10-05-2003, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by D8alus
not to get too fanboish, but...there WAS a reason that Jango was chosen as the donor for the clone DNA...:rolleyes:

Yeah, and there's a reason that Stormtroopers can't shoot straight. :D
 D8alus
10-05-2003, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by Akai
Yeah, and there's a reason that Stormtroopers can't shoot straight. :D

E-11 Carbine? You've all used them and damned if your aim is any better with those bastards!!:D :D
 Akai
10-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by D8alus
E-11 Carbine? You've all used them and damned if your aim is any better with those bastards!!:D :D

This is true. Best I can do is use the ALT rapid fire mode and hope that my target drops before I run out of ammo. :D
 CaptainJackZ
10-06-2003, 11:54 AM
"playermodel boba_fett" thanks whoever posted this.

it wrks with everyone I think. Kyle, Rosh and Luke anyway so far. =)
Page: 1 of 1