Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Boba Fett

Page: 1 of 1
 Jeff 42
08-22-2003, 1:19 PM
In the new Jedi Academy trailer (which can be found on the new official website (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jediacademy/) ) we see that Boba Fett will be making an appearance in the game. I thought the DF mod team would be interested to hear this. Assuming the mod is going to be for JA, could this be helpful? :)
 The_One
08-22-2003, 5:35 PM
We already know :p

But thanks anyway...
 ImmolatedYoda
08-22-2003, 6:58 PM
trailer = Boba Fett + jetpack = <3
 TK-8252
08-22-2003, 7:37 PM
I'm glad that Boba is in JA. Not only will he be fun to fight, but lots of people think that he is still half-digested in the Sarlacc, and this game proves that Boba lives!
:fett:
 ZBomber
08-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by TK8252MJL
I'm glad that Boba is in JA. Not only will he be fun to fight, but lots of people think that he is still half-digested in the Sarlacc, and this game proves that Boba lives!

So does the Boba fett actio nfigure, and the famous art work of him escapring the Sarlacc in Insider? WHy won't peopel love Boba Fett? :p
 TK-8252
08-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Ooh. You may want to check your spelling.
 ZBomber
08-23-2003, 12:58 AM
Ooh. You may want to check your spelling.

You haven't been aorund here for long, so, I'll go easy on you,

I'm known for my spelling mistakes. ;)
 Fracman
08-23-2003, 4:48 AM
he is still half-digested in the Sarlacc, and this game proves that Boba lives!

You forget about the timeline, Bobby is definitely 99% digested or dead nowadays :D
 TK-8252
08-23-2003, 2:32 PM
I don't think so. The Sarlacc takes a thousand years to digest. Since the movie came out, it hasn't been 999 years yet. He actually wouldn't even be half-digested yet.
 The Cheat
08-24-2003, 1:49 AM
yeah i saw that trailer, mars is also making a cool mandalorian model for jedi outcast including a boba skin
 Emon
08-24-2003, 2:19 AM
Boba Fett or anyone resourceful could easily escape the insides of a sarlacc.
 TK-8252
08-24-2003, 2:40 AM
Now we have 3 good modellers making a Boba Fett model. We got HapSlash, Mars from the AotC TC team, and Jedi Academy. Who's will be the best? Don't worry HapSlash, I have faith in you. :D
 HapSlash
08-24-2003, 12:21 PM
I thought he was making his Fett for the AOTC-TC,...
 The Cheat
08-24-2003, 3:01 PM
yeah mars is making a bunch of mandalorians and clones for the aotc mod
 The Cheat
08-24-2003, 4:17 PM
well mars has a base model that has so many different possible surfaces to create clones and mandalorians so his will be more versitile then hapslashs model and both of them will include lods
 The Count
08-24-2003, 6:18 PM
Doesn't matter who is making what Fett, I think we will all have enough space to download both.
 HapSlash
08-24-2003, 6:49 PM
Originally posted by The Cheat
mars has a base model that has so many different possible surfaces to create clones and mandalorians so his will be more versitile

Yeah, I noticed from the pictures he posted that more than one of the characters used the same model. While his can be used in several different ways, mine will always remain Boba Fett. I'm sure that that's going to save him a lot of time, but at the loss of the kind of detail that I'm striving for.
 The Cheat
08-24-2003, 8:13 PM
well they both look great to me and i would love to have both of them in my collection when they are released
 chris the cynic
08-26-2003, 3:53 PM
Responding to Boba:
There were a many books that did the same.

Originally posted by Fracman
You forget about the timeline, Bobby is definitely 99% digested or dead nowadays :D
He's been out since just after the geting thrown in.

I don't think so. The Sarlacc takes a thousand years to digest. Since the movie came out, it hasn't been 999 years yet. He actually wouldn't even be half-digested yet.
What's more it keeps it's food alive the entire time.

Originally posted by Emon
Boba Fett or anyone resourceful could easily escape the insides of a sarlacc.
That's not quite true, there had been a jedi in there who almost escaped be was eaten none the less.

Boba blew up his jetpack and used all of his weapons (includeing a few explosives) to escape and ended up in the middle of the desert completely naked (his clothing had been digested off and he had been forced to ditch his armor.) He was in luck as he got picked up (probably because they were looking for surviors of the barge- I don't remember.)

He had spare armor so all was good.
 The Cheat
08-26-2003, 7:30 PM
yeah i never heard the complete story about how boba managed to escape the sarlacc pit but i am able to get a better idea about how he got out
 Barry Brien
08-30-2003, 3:25 PM
Then Fett came back in Slave 1 a while later, and blaster the Sarlacc with her jets. Haha.
 Neverhoodian
09-01-2003, 4:35 AM
Well, according to the Tales of the Bounty Hunters book, Dengar is the one who finds Boba lying near the Sarlaac. I liked Dengar's tale. It showed that Dengar still had a chance to get his humanity back.
 The Cheat
09-01-2003, 10:06 PM
yeah i have had several stories

i had heard the one about how dengar saved him but i didnt know how he actually escaped from the creature
 I.M.H.D.
09-02-2003, 1:44 AM
As I remember it:
I believe that the Fett getting out of the Sarlaac issue was first addressed in Tales from Jabba the Hutt's Palace-- he's stuck in the Sarlaac with the ghost of this freaky Jedi, and he keeps telling this idiotic joke about a nerf with only five legs (read it if you don't believe me). He eventually gets out by using his jetpack to blow his way out, but his left leg's been almost entirely eaten. As seen in The Bounty Hunter Wars, Dengar finds him and rescues him, and Fett gets a prosthetic leg and has various adventures; I think he's up to Slave IV in the books. He shows up all the time in the EU. The best place to go for information is probably one of the more recent editions of one of the Star Wars Encyclopedias. That's all I can think of for now... oh, yeah... there's also this guy named Jodo Kast running around pretending to be Boba Fett, but Fett ends up killing him because Kast has broken that twisted code of morals that Fett has. I HATE the fact that the movies change Fett's origin; in the EU he's a former policeman (hence Slave I) who was expelled for killing a superior officer whose orders he didn't agree with. Seriously, guys, just go out and read every Star Wars book ever, like I have. Then you'll understand.
 Tom Resnick
09-11-2003, 9:05 PM
Originally posted by I.M.H.D.
I HATE the fact that the movies change Fett's origin; in the EU he's a former policeman (hence Slave I) who was expelled for killing a superior officer whose orders he didn't agree with. Seriously, guys, just go out and read every Star Wars book ever, like I have. Then you'll understand.

(1) I have read every EU Star Wars book... and
(2) You gots to remember, as one author put it, that the "sandbox" they're "playing in" belongs to "Uncle George," and he's being real nice to let them "play in it." In the end... George's final word is law. Boba is a perfect clone of Jango Fett. What happens to Boba between AotC and when we first meet him in ESB is currently in a grey area, but might be resolved in Episode III. Until all the movies have been written, anything directly contradicted in an EU novel or game simply adds to the mystery surrounding Boba's unknown past. That's what it says in the New Star Wars Essential Guide to Characters; the "Jaster Mereel" garbage (I've never liked that particular "past" explanation) is just a circulating rumor.

I have now spoken my piece.
...so I'm gonna have to jump...!

**StrongSad falls into a small pool**
 Neverhoodian
09-11-2003, 9:49 PM
Lol, nice Homestar Runner quote, Tom!

Personally, I have no problem with Boba's origin in the films. After all, it's Lucas' story, he can do what he wants with it. I don't mind at all that he's a clone. It's a way of explaining how he became such a good bounty hunter; it runs in the family. It also explains a bit of Boba's eagerness to defeat Luke in ROTJ. After all, Luke's kind killed his father, the only person he could count on, the only person he loved. (much as Boba was the only person Jango truly loved) There are plenty of contradictions in EU anyway. For me, I read some of the books, think about what I read, and decide for myself which ones I want to believe and which ones don't work for me. I can't explain it, but some books I've read just don't have that Star Wars "feel" to it. For those works, I simply choose to believe that such a story never happened. Other stories I've read or heard about, but I've changed them to fit my version of the Star Wars saga. For example, my version of the Great Sith War is VERY different from the books. It still has the same general themes to it, (Exar Kun and his double bladed saber, defeated at Yavin, thousands of Sith) but it's definitely a different version of it. After all, part of the magic of Star Wars is letting one's imagination run wild. Your only limit is your imagination, and your imagination can sometimes conjure up a more vibrant, colorful, and fantastic story than even the best author could ever hope to accomplish.
 The Count
09-12-2003, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by ZBomber
So does the Boba fett actio nfigure, and the famous art work of him escapring the Sarlacc in Insider? WHy won't peopel love Boba Fett? :p

Boba Fett was meant to always be a minor character in Star Wars however due to his immense popularity; he was given a much bigger role such as a guest appearance in Star Wars A New Hope Special Edition and I'm quite sure the link between the Stormtroopers and him was only done due to his popularity.
Page: 1 of 1