Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SCRIPTS here (post & request thread)

Page: 4 of 19
 NemoX
07-03-2002, 6:06 AM
I have downloaded several different saber hilts and i was wondering if there is a way to switch between them while playing, is there a script that can be made for it, i have a script for Saber colour changing and model changing, one for Saber Hilts would be very nice.
 malinkie
07-03-2002, 6:53 AM
There is no way of changing saber hilts yet. No script can do this for you.

the best way is whatever hilt you want, you put in you game folder before playing.
 JaraDaj
07-03-2002, 7:04 AM
Originally posted by Son of Calypso
Question: I have used the Reborn Cycle & Saber Colors scripts in two different games I played but... Why can't I use them in the same game? Can you only have one script enabled at a time?

Also check the name of the variable being used. In this case change is the name along with a number. You shouldn't run 2 different scripts with the same variables... just good practice not to. The values are saved in the games memory and called when needed, if you have 2 different values it will use the last one placed in memory, i believe.
 JaraDaj
07-03-2002, 7:05 AM
Originally posted by malinkie
//an attack toogle

set "attacking" "vstr at1"
set "at1" "+attack; set "attacking" "vstr at2""
set "at2" "-attack; set "attacking" "vstr at1""

bind x "attacking"

Here is a toogle. press button once to start attacking.

once the lock is over press the button again to stop.

That's interesting Malinkie, does it work??? Very nice if it does
 malinkie
07-03-2002, 7:44 AM
well according to your script above, it should. it just takes all those attacks and throws them into a recursive script.

can't test it at work though.
 Genko
07-03-2002, 9:01 PM
set "attacking" "vstr at1"
set "at1" "+attack; set "attacking" "vstr at2""
set "at2" "-attack; set "attacking" "vstr at1""

bind x "attacking"
---------------------------------------------------------------

that doesnt work.
 Ken Kasanagi
07-03-2002, 10:33 PM
for the saberlock script, wont a simple "+attack; -attack;" b enough as long as u hold the button? if u add all those attck commands in it, wont the game read the move by how long u press the button times how many attack comand per button? i had a bad experience with this when i hold was leaning my palm on a button (z) that i scriupt to do a horzontal slash, it stuck there doing this move for like a min......

and here's sumthing i thought would b great for a Mercs out there, is there any way asign a button to let the sniper gun zoom in for one second then quickly fire? that way merc can have a use the more powerful secondary fire while still b able to move round
it would b like using a rail gun in Q2,
 Genko
07-03-2002, 11:03 PM
i binded +attack; -attack and it doesnt work too
 Ken Kasanagi
07-03-2002, 11:19 PM
u mean for a saber lock? i dunno coz i neva tried it, saberscript lock is one of those scripts thats actually too cheap for my liking, its like having a arm wrestle wif sumone using a mechicanic arm....
 JaraDaj
07-04-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Ken Kasanagi
for the saberlock script, wont a simple "+attack; -attack;" b enough as long as u hold the button? if u add all those attck commands in it, wont the game read the move by how long u press the button times how many attack comand per button? i had a bad experience with this when i hold was leaning my palm on a button (z) that i scriupt to do a horzontal slash, it stuck there doing this move for like a min......

Good point. I believe the best way to script a saberlock script would be to bind it to the mousewheel. That's the best way to control it. I personally have pull to mousewheel down and push to mouse wheel up. You can easily make a script that with a press of a button, binds the mousewheel up and down to attacks. Then with the same button press, rebinds them to thier previous binds. The only concern there is that you have to press a button to config the script to the mosue wheel, loosing seconds (maybe half a second if you are fast enough). This will not due if you know they have a better written sberlock script.

and here's sumthing i thought would b great for a Mercs out there, is there any way asign a button to let the sniper gun zoom in for one second then quickly fire? that way merc can have a use the more powerful secondary fire while still b able to move round
it would b like using a rail gun in Q2,

Why not bind a key that when held down, will zoom in and charge the shot. When you let it go it'll fire, then zoom out. With the +/- binds it should be easy as pie. Would anyone use it? If so post here and i'll make it quickly.

Originally posted by Genko
i binded +attack; -attack and it doesnt work too

A single +attack; -attack won't work... That just hit attack once for you. The idea is to get the script to constantly hit attack, untill you deactivate it, without having to wait till the script ends. I still think the mouse wheel would be the best way.
 Ken Kasanagi
07-04-2002, 1:46 AM
no jaraDai, i dont mean the charge shot i mean the secondary fire wifout charge up, but thanx i got the idea now, i just mean having a script that let u fire the secondary fire like a normal one, toggle the zoom in and the quickly fire then zoom out, so if its done on script it can happen so fast the zoom view will not show up, it'll just fire the 2ndary fire (which is alot stronger than the normal one) while ur running around.
 JaraDaj
07-04-2002, 3:35 AM
no jaraDai, i dont mean the charge shot i mean the secondary fire wifout charge up, but thanx i got the idea now, i just mean having a script that let u fire the secondary fire like a normal one, toggle the zoom in and the quickly fire then zoom out, so if its done on script it can happen so fast the zoom view will not show up, it'll just fire the 2ndary fire (which is alot stronger than the normal one) while ur running around.

Aye, i get ya... i was under the impression that the secondary fire was more powerful becuase you charge it. Without a charge i thought it was just as strong as normal. I also think that there's a zoom in/out animation. So even if it's done really fast, there will be some "delay" as the weapon will zoom out.

How would you like it? Bound to a key for that weapon only or as a toggle? Say i use mouse1 to fire all my stuff like normal, woiuld you want it as another button on the keyboard to fire it or as a toggle so that i hit it when i pull the gun out and mouse1 is nor the button that fire the weapon in that fashion.
 LAFS04
07-04-2002, 3:47 AM
how do I do the push backstab combo?
 PETEYKing
07-04-2002, 4:17 AM
People call scripts cheats becuase scripts come out more accuratley than you doing it and it only requires you to push one button
 JaraDaj
07-04-2002, 5:52 AM
Originally posted by PETEYKing
People call scripts cheats becuase scripts come out more accuratley than you doing it and it only requires you to push one button

I wouldn't say that, they come across one way, without the ability to improvise (sp?). They do what they were made to do without error, true. But the certain circumstances that they were built for doesn't always happen. Unlike human's ability to "pull something out of your a$$", script don't have an a$$.

The last part is right, one button usually. I personally think people called them cheats becuase;

1. They didn't think of it themselves and thus consider it unfair.

2. They don't have the knowledge on how to use them so they consider them unfair. "If i can't use it no one should."

3. They are full of themselves.

4. They have no idea what a script can and can't do.

One of these usually applies.

Originally posted by LAFS04
how do I do the push backstab combo?

You target the enemy and use force push. It's best to wait till they are attacking and using the force. When they fly and fall to the ground you run to them, getting near and turning 180 degrees (you can sometimes get away with only turning 120 degrees) and hit back and attack.

If you want a script for it, i'd say no way... too many variables to script it. Can't be done effectively, you don't know if they will fall when pushed, you don't know how far they will fly. Hell they might not even be on the ground by the time you get to them.
 JaraDaj
07-04-2002, 5:56 AM
Originally posted by Ticallion38
Can someone help me?

I've scrolled through all these pages,did everything exactly like you guys said.I just wanted to try out a couple scripts to see how they worked,wasn't gonna use em in a multiplayer game..just a little too cheap.

Anyhow,I copy and pasted one of em into a notepad,saved it as autoexec.cfg and put it in the game base folder where it should be.I tried single AND multiplayer,but it didn't do anything.I even tried the other way where you'd need to execute the file with ~ + shift,but it said the .cfg couldn't be executed,any ideas?

Check your extension on the cfg file. If it said it can't be executed it means;

A. The file isn't there (in your base directory)

B. The file isn't named correctly, you are typing it wrong when exec it or the extension isn't right. It might be named autoexec.cfg.txt

On a side not, i hope you are tring one script at a time. Cutting and pasting everything at once will get you confused. Add one then another then another... little by little.
 PETEYKing
07-04-2002, 6:53 AM
How about pull backstab? It wouldn't matter if the guy fell or not and it seems pretty easy when you master that turn 180 degrees problem
 malinkie
07-04-2002, 7:04 AM
It doesn't matter whether the guys lying down or not the backstab can be done.
 JaraDaj
07-04-2002, 7:06 AM
I don't mind the pull backstabers... They don't bother me. Hell i manually use pull/push backstab, i don't use a script for it. Using a script for that move just means you have to get in perfect position. The script will (if configured right) turn you exactly 180 degrees and then backstab. I can shave off more time by doing it manually, and if the guy get's up before i get there, i don't backstab, but if you script it, you have to wait till the script ends, usually missing the backstab.

See what it comes down to is either you use script to enhance YOUR play, or you enhance your play WITH scripts. There's a difference. One relies on the scripts, the other tweaks thier game play with them.

To change to extension you should first open up Windows Explorer. Look on the top drop down menus and look for Tools (near Help). Select Folder options. Then select the tab View. In the window uncheck the option for "hide file extensions of known file types".

Then Apply it and go see the cfg file, right click and select rename. Then delete the .txt

Done

You can save yourself the trouble by saving it as a .cfg file. To do this, write your script in notepad. Select "save as" and in the drop down box under where you type the name of the file (line "save file as"), select "all files". Then enter the name you wish the script to have and put a .cfg at the end of it. It should save as a .cfg file.
 PETEYKing
07-04-2002, 7:42 AM
Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

No script server? Not possible. Scripts are binds. You cannot block key binding in the Quake 3 engine.

Please do go back to 1337 speaking trash of the Counter-Strike world; your presence is really not wanted here.

Lol H0m023xu41 i2 gh3y! R34d h12 n4m3!

PS. Found a new Scripting site! HAS SOOOO MANY SCRIPTS!

www.scriptsville.com/jk2) (http://www.cs-hacks.tk)
 Sloppy Joe
07-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by JaraDaj
Any stance, back attack without the 180 degree move;

set "backstab" "+back;+moveright;+attack;wait;wait;-back;-moveright;-attack"

bind X "vstr backstab"

ok im having a lil trouble with this1
i can do backstab just fine but when other ppl use scrpits they BS me befor i can even start mine
so does any1 know if this 1 works or what?? or know of a better 1
i just need it to start the BS...not a 180 turn ill do that
 quijbe
07-05-2002, 4:35 AM
Originally posted by JaraDaj
Any stance, back attack without the 180 degree move;

wheres the script that includes the 180 turn with this first ?
 ToppDog
07-05-2002, 5:50 AM
Originally posted by quijbe

There is no one perfect script for this. I don't think anyone has found a command in the game which automatically does a 180 & stops. You have to add in a turn command for a set period of time that will turn you 180 degrees.

The problem with this is that not only is the rate of turn different for each player, but it can also vary for each player depending on what server they're on, ping, etc. So you could create a script that will turn you 180 degrees when you test it by yourself, & then play online & either turn too much or not enough so that the script doesn't work.

There are some good tips in this thread on how to tinker with this if you want to.
 JaraDaj
07-05-2002, 6:38 AM
Originally posted by quijbe

yea, the ubove poster is right... look on page 3 i think, for some ideas. There's 2 or 3 turn/backstab scripts
 Sloppy Joe
07-05-2002, 11:35 AM
i got it to work

this is what i use

set "backstab" "+back;+attack;centerview;wait;wait;-back;-attack"

the centerview is so it aims for head :eek:
 Dak_iSuk
07-05-2002, 2:29 PM
Originally posted by PETEYKing

PS. Found a new Scripting site! HAS SOOOO MANY SCRIPTS!

www.scriptsville.com/jk2) (http://www.cs-hacks.tk)

ROFLMAO:D

Ssooooo true
 Nuke
07-06-2002, 12:27 AM
Is there any scripting expert who can solve this?

How do you bind commands to lets say the f key such that you grip someone while you press f and throw him away when you release the button? in mp of course ....
 Jango_Fett_20
07-06-2002, 1:50 AM
I have many questions about how to script. Like I just bought this game and even more recently found out about scripting and all this stuff and I am so interested in it and at the same time confused completely. I was wondering if someone could tell me where to find a very detailed tutorial on scripting and also maybe a command list for the game and exactly what the commands do. If someone knows a location where I can find these things pleeze hook me up with the info.

I might not always be able to check the message boards here so if you have the knowlage of where to locate the stuff I mentioned above please share it with me by emailing me

>>>>>>JangoFett@yahoo.com :jango:

thanx :jango: :slave:
 Kent H
07-06-2002, 7:31 AM
Okay, so I saw that post awhile back where someone talked about writing a script to change their binds depending on the type of game they play, and I thought it sounds like a good idea and tried to do it myself. Well, parts of it work. I tried writing up a config with four key configs put in, one for basic binds to be used no matter what type of mp I'm doing, one that adds gun binds, one that adds lightsider binds, and one for darksider binds.

When I tried running it ingame, 1) I realized that I made a slight mistake since I couldn't do four different exec commands, I'd have to remember the vstr binds, and 2) the basic, guns, and darksider binds are all implemented when I run the script. Anotherwords I can't choose which to use at any one time, and I can't access the lightside binds at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do different? Here's what I have right now:

//key bind script

//normal key binds

set "keybinds"
unbindall;
bind DEL "exec myavanua.cfg";
bind INS "exec rboss.cfg";
bind HOME "exec rodian.cfg";
bind END "exec krishara.cfg";
bind F1 "+taunt";
bind F2 "say Good Fight.";
bind F3 "say yes";
bind F4 "say no";
bind F5 "say lol";
bind F6 "say sure";
bind TAB "+scores";
bind SPACE "+moveup";
bind D "+back";
bind E "+forward";
bind F "+moveright";
bind S "+moveleft";
bind MOUSE1 "+attack";
bind MOUSE2 "+movedown";
bind MOUSE3 "+altattack";
bind SHIFT "+speed";
bind Y "saberAttackCycle";
bind B "+use";
bind L "engage_duel";
bind I "messagemode";
bind O "messagemode2";
bind H "screenshot_tga";
bind J "centerview";
bind ENTER "+button2";
bind - "invprev";
bind = "invnext";

//with guns binds

set "withguns"
bind P "cg_thirdperson !";
bind 0 "weapon 10";
bind 1 "weapon 1";
bind 2 "weapon 2";
bind 3 "weapon 3";
bind 4 "weapon 4";
bind 5 "weapon 5";
bind 6 "weapon 6";
bind 7 "weapon 7";
bind 8 "weapon 8";
bind 9 "weapon 9";
bind MWHEELUP "weapnext";
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapprev";

//lightsider binds

set "lightsider"
unbind W;
unbind R;
unbind Z;
unbind V;
unbind Q;
unbind G;
unbind A;
unbind T;
bind W "force_throw";
bind R "force_pull";
bind Z "force_speed";
bind V "force_seeing";
bind A "force_absorb";
bind G "force_heal";
bind Q "force_distract";
bind T "force_protect";

//darksider binds

set "darksider"
unbind W;
unbind R;
unbind Z;
unbind V;
unbind Q;
unbind G;
unbind A;
unbind T;
bind W "force_throw";
bind R "force_pull";
bind Z "force_speed";
bind V "force_seeing";
bind G "+force_lightning";
bind A "+force_drain";
bind T "+force_grip";
bind Q "force_rage";

//end seperate scripts

bind kp_5 "vstr keybinds";
bind kp_rightarrow "vstr withguns";
bind kp_end "vstr lightsider";
bind kp_downarrow "vstr darksider";

//end script

P.S. I also wrote a few scripts that change the current player model and several taunt message binds. Those work perfectly during playtesting. That's what those "exec rboss.cfg" etc. binds are.

BTW, I realize the most likely answer will be don't use a single script for everything, but what the fun in that be ? :D
 JaraDaj
07-06-2002, 3:04 PM
You have syntax errors. Minor ones but those matter. You don't have the commands in quotes. IE;

set "darksider" "unbind W; unbind R; unbind Z; unbind V; unbind Q; unbind G; unbind A; unbind T; bind W "force_throw"; bind R "force_pull"; bind Z "force_speed"; bind V "force_seeing"; bind G "+force_lightning"; bind A "+force_drain"; bind T "+force_grip"; bind Q "force_rage""

That would be the correct part, only missed a pair of quotes. Light side should be;

set "lightsider" "unbind W; unbind R; unbind Z; unbind V; unbind Q; unbind G; unbind A; unbind T; bind W "force_throw"; bind R "force_pull"; bind Z "force_speed"; bind V "force_seeing"; bind A "force_absorb"; bind G "force_heal"; bind Q "force_distract"; bind T "force_protect""

Hope you see it.. another thing is i don't see you binding a key to use force powers, IE
bind Z "force_speed
That just switching to that force power, i believe.

And you haven't set
 Jango_Fett_20
07-06-2002, 4:07 PM
This is a pretty cool move for Single Player.

bind x "taunt;wait 120;thereisnospoon"

it is mainly for visual effect and personal enjoyment. what is does is it makes you taunt and partway through the taunt (depending how long you make the wait) the camera the will pan around you and make time slow down like when you kill bosses and stuff.

it is very cool visualy but other that that it serves no real purpose.

Try it and tell me what you think. :duel:
 Jango_Fett_20
07-06-2002, 4:27 PM
I would like to know if anyone could help me create a few scrpits I am working hard but I am new at this. I wanted to have it so I could do the wallflip but as I kick off the wall I would like it do the camera pan and slow down thing.

and I wonder if I could do something similar for the wall run but instead having the camera pan just have the timescale slow and then speed up when the wall run is done.
 Ken Kasanagi
07-07-2002, 12:45 AM
Aye, i get ya... i was under the impression that the secondary fire was more powerful becuase you charge it. Without a charge i thought it was just as strong as normal. I also think that there's a zoom in/out animation. So even if it's done really fast, there will be some "delay" as the weapon will zoom out.

not sure bout that one i read on one of the sites (think twins of doom's one or stratetgy.jediknightii.net) that the primary fire of the sniper gun is alot weaker, but mayb it just mean secondary fire is stronger coz it can b charged.

so now i'm working on a script (i aint good at writing these things....) to actually execute the zoom in view and charge up at the same time then fire the weapon b4 zooming out. i;m guessing its sumthing around secondary fire, wait 1, primary fire wait ?? and asigning it to a keybooard key will do, mayb it's probally dumb idea, since i can actually do this manually. like moving, zoom in a tiny fraction, then charge up b4 firing, only take round 3-4seconds, i was just hoping a script will make this even faster
 MediocreSlacker
07-07-2002, 1:15 AM
The primary fire of the disruptor does 30 damage, with no armor penetration. The secondary fire of the disruptor does a max of 130, also with no armor penetration.

To zoom, it takes 1.5 seconds, and to charge fully once zoomed, it takes about 1.9 seconds.

When you charge up, it takes 21 power units out of your ammo pool, and when you fire, it takes out 6 more units, for a total of 27.

Hope that helps. I'm writing a weapons guide for JO, and I've put a lot of work into researching everything.

slacker
 coolguy415
07-07-2002, 3:25 AM
hi what is the script that lets u play dead? i know that you can do it by switching between models real quick, but it is really hard to do. So can someone please give me the script and make it easier for me thanks
 Kin Lun Phoenix
07-07-2002, 6:18 AM
I can't get this to work!!

bind X "vstr backstab"

All that happen is that I keep walking backwards. please help, me new to scripting
 Jango_Fett_20
07-07-2002, 10:58 PM
Ok I am testing this .cfg file stuff in SP and this file is in the right folder and all and when I execute it using the console it says execing test.cfg.

O.K. so far so good right? Wrong, this is what in the file:

bind b "victory" set "cheats" "HelpUsObi 1;sabercolor red;god;setForceAll 5;give all;g_saberrealisticcombat 1" bind n "vstr cheats" set "mtaunt" "taunt;wait 80;thereisnospoon" bind z "vstr mtaunt" set "rmwall" "+moveright;+forward;+moveup;timescale 0.5;wait 20;-moveright;-forward;-moveup;wait 490;timescale 1"
bind v "vstr rmwall" set "lmwall" "+moveleft;+forward;+moveup;timescale 0.5;wait 20;-moveleft;-forward;-moveup;wait 490;timecale 1" bind x "vstr lmwall"

O.K. the problem isn't that nothing works the problem is that only the following works:

( set "lmwall" "+moveleft;+forward;+moveup;timescale 0.5;wait 20;-moveleft;-forward;-moveup;wait 490;timecale 1" bind x "vstr lmwall" )

and it doesn't even work right cause it says "timescale is cheat protected" Can someone tell me what I did wrong and please be nice I am completely new at this.

Pleez get back to me with advice ASAP TY!
:eekanime:
 Sloppy Joe
07-08-2002, 1:32 AM
Originally posted by Kin Lun Phoenix
I can't get this to work!!

bind X "vstr backstab"

All that happen is that I keep walking backwards. please help, me new to scripting

take out the +/-moveright ... then it will work but u still hav to get into position with the guy right behind u
 ezeckel
07-08-2002, 5:22 AM
that script to "minimize" jk2 so you can check aim messages and **** works great , BUT when you exit the game and go back the binded key wont work can anyone help me fix this or just give me a script i can bind to minimize jk2 and check aim messages Thx
 methadone
07-08-2002, 5:56 AM
Ok, please tell me if this is possible:

Can I write a script or whatever then go ingame and exec the .cfg file and then set the bind for the script... like if i want to be ingame and see what key works best or do i ABSOLUTELY have to put the bind x "vstr whatever" in the .cfg file?
 Darth Viersaan
07-08-2002, 8:42 AM
God I'm sick of you little whining thumb suckin Mr. Clean Soul's.

A game cheat gives the person using it virtually total perfection.

God mode for example, it gives the player complete invincibility, they can't die, unless a certain area of the map is programmed to kill anything.

A cheat is perfection.

A script is not perfection, a script is like a robot, it lacks human qualities, it does not have the ability to evaluate its sorroundings and guess the timing to trigger itself.

The DFA script for example, once you trigger it executes the task, always at the same time. When you do it manually your accuracy is a lot better, when you fire yoursaber you have almost 1 seconds to jump, press and hold fire, and .1 seconds could mean the difference between hitting and missin your prey by a couple of inches.

JK2 is not about pressing keys, but timing, any damn n00b whose uses Windblows who can press CTRL-ALT-DEL can pretty well press BACK and ATTACK. Any n00b who can press CTRL-ALT-DEL can press forward jump attack, a new n00b can move his mouse to turn 300 times a second, but can any n00b or any script do it at the right time?

Interesting crap I found out about Mr. Clean Souls, you bash you call the scripters n00bs, you say they're cheats...now...mind telling us WTF you think it is a cheat? No explanation? Just call it a cheat cause you don't have the gift of scripting?
 Jah Warrior
07-08-2002, 10:35 AM
well they may not strictly be cheats -

they just give rubbish players a chance.

in other words thay are for people who aren't smart enough to get the moves down, or are too lazy.

Anyone who thinks its clever to use a script 'at the right time' is just weak.
 fueldawg
07-08-2002, 11:05 AM
i particularly like to use these scripts... (sorry if someone has already posted one of these, i didn't see them...)

pull/throw

bind x "force_pull;+altattack;wait;wait;wait;wait;-altattack"

if someone knows a good defense of this move, please post. Even using absorb will not allow blocking damage from this script. The reason I'm posting is hoping that if everyone uses it, someone might figure out a way to block it.

pull/front jumpkick

bind x "+forward;force_pull;wait;wait;+moveup;wait;wait;-moveup;wait;wait;+moveup;wait;wait;-moveup;-forward"

the way i've written this one, if you were moving forward you'll stop after the script finishes. It can be a bit annoying, but at least you don't have to be pressing forward to execute the move. Also having the pull is a bit annoying cause sometimes you might want to do a plain jumpkick...

roll/pull

bind x "+forward;wait;wait;+movedown;wait;wait;force_pull; wait;wait;-movedown;wait;wait;-forward"

i don't know why i scripted this one, but its just fun to do on unsuspecting peeps.

ENJOY!
 BoBa feTTichiNi
07-08-2002, 4:22 PM
how do you get rid of the pause:fett:
 ezeckel
07-08-2002, 4:51 PM
Sombody make a script/bind to minimize jk2 so i can check aim **** and internet thx
 ezeckel
07-08-2002, 4:53 PM
Or make it go to a smaller window either way will work just so i can not shut down jk2 and check aim for example
 mcwattisdead
07-08-2002, 6:06 PM
I figured someone up here might know. Since search isnt working, please don't flame me if this a repeat.

How do you bind it so that you can say the players name after a
kill? I tried using what was in the botfiles as %s, but that just
gives me a ".s" to the screen.

Is it possible to do this? :confused:

Thanks
McWattisdead :fett:
 JaraDaj
07-08-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by mcwattisdead
I figured someone up here might know. Since search isnt working, please don't flame me if this a repeat.

How do you bind it so that you can say the players name after a
kill? I tried using what was in the botfiles as %s, but that just
gives me a ".s" to the screen.

Is it possible to do this? :confused:

Thanks
McWattisdead :fett:

Use the say_target command. Not sure if that the command off hand, but there's a say target command. That's prob what you want.
 ezeckel
07-09-2002, 1:01 AM
JaraDaj can you help me out? i have this script it works great till i exit the game and come back later then like forgets my binded key and i have to enter all this agian.

set FW vstr FW1
set FW "r_fullscreen 0; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW2"
set FW "r_fullscreen 1; vid_restart; set FW vstr FW1"

bind f1 vstr FW

this allows me to shrink the game to accsess aim internet etc if you could tell me why it does this or give me a new script me thx joo much so.

:jawa
 Darth Viersaan
07-09-2002, 1:23 AM
Dude, you don't need a script for that.

Just press
ALT-ENTER. *sigh*
Page: 4 of 19