Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK1 TC, would you like to help?

Page: 5 of 5
 reaper1576
08-10-2002, 7:38 AM
OK im giveing the go ahead for the hosting over at www.jedioutcastmaps.com) for now we will be hosted at some thing like this http://darkforces2.jedioutcastmaps.com) we are looking for a web designer who knows about flash etc
 Sub_Woofer
08-10-2002, 11:54 PM
I can help with some of the graphics for the website if you like, but I'm not much of a website designer.

I could do a half decent one though, but not JKii.net quality.

Anyway, I made a new menu for the game. It's similar to the JK2 one except the cursor is a Green lightsaber, and the colours around the JK2 logo are green instead of blue. It also features the JK2 Novel cover in the background.

I spent AGES on it, trying to make it cool with photoshop, but I never was quite happy with it. Eventually I realized to darken the edges with airbrushes and clone stamps but then I realized all the work I had done with it using airbrushes and clone stamps, could have easily just been done with a photoshop lighting filter >_<

Heres a screenie, (For some reason, its REALLY dark when I took a screenie. It's normally alot brighter, and kyle and Jerec fade into the background a bit more. Kyle's lightsaber usually emits a brighter glow also.

http://www.isometric-bacon.netfirms.com/bocrefpics/newmenuWIP.jpg)

(Note. Still needs lots of work... I still have the logo, and possibly a different background. any suggestions would be appreciated, I can make more than one. For my next one, I might do a recreation of the original JK menu.)

If anyone has any idea how to get rid of that white shader on the left side behind the logo, and how to change the music in the menu sequence, Please let me know.
 T-0NIC
08-11-2002, 5:49 AM
I would also like to help you on this porject!!!

I can make some maps and some skins!
 reaper1576
08-11-2002, 8:37 AM
 The Count
08-12-2002, 7:49 AM
bump
 razorace
08-13-2002, 5:05 AM
Why go to the effort of recreating JK1 in the JK2 engine from scatch? With the amount of effort you're going to spending, you could make an entirely new story....
 The Count
08-13-2002, 8:09 AM
Because JK 1 rocked, if you don't have anything positive to post then simply don't post.
 razorace
08-13-2002, 2:37 PM
I wasn't trying to be negative. I'm just reminding you that this is a lot of effort just so you can play a game you played several years ago, again. It's kind of like everyone wanting to port Team Fortress to every FPS in existance.
 Madjai
08-13-2002, 4:37 PM
actually a lot of people have never played JK1, they just went from nothing to JKO. so a good reason to make this mod is to show people what theyve missed, almost like watching StarWars episodes 1, 2 and 3 before 4, 5 and 6. it gives more background info on kyle and his previous quest to protect the valley of the jedi.
 razorace
08-13-2002, 4:46 PM
Sure, but it's like totally refilming the original trilogy because the film tech has gotten better since '77.
 Madjai
08-13-2002, 5:25 PM
its nothing like refilming the original trilogy, that would cost billions of dollars, many, many years and its ultimate goal would be to make more money.
this costs nothing, we are having fun by doing what we enjoy. time depends on how many people we have in our team and how smooth things run.
and the only thing we get out of this is the joy of leaving a tiny mark on a game that will enventually be forgotten.

this is much more like porting TF quake to TFC.
 razorace
08-13-2002, 5:42 PM
Lucas isn't filming the new movies just to make money. He's got @$$loads to start with. I think he wanted to finish the story.

But the man hours remain the same. That's time lost to a port that could be used to make a new Katarn story. I just wanted to point that out. It's your guys' time, not mine. :)
 reaper1576
08-13-2002, 8:06 PM
All im saying im putting it all down to every one feeling bitchy to day its been one of them days everyones alowed there opinion or the little rant and rave but hey ppl let keep track of the project here and no in to a flam war or some crap. we thats my peice im off to sleep im nackerd so if you want to offer help or suggestions etc feel free to yey:cool:
 Chris Aturus
08-13-2002, 10:19 PM
(sorry if i miss anything in this post but theres over 200 replies and i dont feel like reading them) im working on a jerec....unless someone made one (please tell me) and i can make the site for it....i thought about doing this too. if anyone wants to help me with the jerec (u can see it in the jerec wip thread) my aim is jedimasteraturus
 reaper1576
08-15-2002, 4:30 AM
Originally posted by Chris Aturus
(sorry if i miss anything in this post but theres over 200 replies and i dont feel like reading them) im working on a jerec....unless someone made one (please tell me) and i can make the site for it....i thought about doing this too. if anyone wants to help me with the jerec (u can see it in the jerec wip thread) my aim is jedimasteraturus Hi can you email me ASAP if your still intressted i mailed you dont know if you got it. Also anyone ealse wanting to help out please email me and post here just incase i dont get it.Oh yeah thes a little shot of what Tmans working on the Return to soulon early alpha shots in Editor
http://www.massassi.net/ec/images/6292.jpg)
Can any one ealse can you post any Updates on the project
 Chris Aturus
08-15-2002, 1:52 PM
no i didnt get the email but someone is making a jerec model and so far it looks awsome. but i can still do the site
 reaper1576
08-15-2002, 7:26 PM
Originally posted by Chris Aturus
no i didnt get the email but someone is making a jerec model and so far it looks awsome. but i can still do the site
Hi cany you email me or add me to MSn if you got it and we can talk sorry about the email mix up i was half a sleep like now anyone ealse intressted please do the same thanks :cool: sorry ppl i aint been about much the last few days been realy busy with stuff and DJ i aint forgot about the files:cool:
 Primesghost
08-15-2002, 10:58 PM
Hello.

I just spoke to Reaper and, though I haven't met everyone on the team yet, I have signed on as a Coder. I will also be working on the Web site (I'm a Web developer by trade). I just wanted to let everyone know that I am excited about working on this project and am very confident that I can get a lot of the feel of the original game. I regret that I might not be able to reply to any messages in htis thread until Sunday since I will be attending QuakeCon this weekend, but I will get back in touch as soon as possible.

Is there anybody on the team that's like really good with graphics? If so, please email me (Reaper has my addy) so I can get to work on a bad a$$ site. You can reach me through AIM with the screen name: primesgho (yes it's missing the "st").
 reaper1576
08-16-2002, 4:48 PM
Just want to welcome Primesghost to the team nice having you aboard :cool:

Any one ealse intressted in joining up plesase contact me there are lots off possitions avalible

Mapper’s x11
Modellers
Skinners
Scripters
Coders
And people to work on Shaders and Textures

The site is coming soon people so dont worry be paitent
 reaper1576
08-16-2002, 7:13 PM
Ok people we go our own forums heres the link
Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight Enhanced Forums (http://www16.brinkster.com/primesghost/) :cool: :cool: :cool:
 razorace
08-19-2002, 5:05 PM
Hi guys, I noticed something while watching RotJ for saber combat purposes. The RotJ Stormtroopers seem to have slighty different armor than in the other movies. Their shoulder pad armor pieces seem to stick out a bit more than "normal". maybe it's just the actors inside the suits but it maybe worth checking out....
 reaper1576
08-21-2002, 9:21 PM
Originally posted by razorace
Hi guys, I noticed something while watching RotJ for saber combat purposes. The RotJ Stormtroopers seem to have slighty different armor than in the other movies. Their shoulder pad armor pieces seem to stick out a bit more than "normal". maybe it's just the actors inside the suits but it maybe worth checking out....
Errrr think you have lost me here can you go into a bit more detail ????:confused: :confused:
 Jman3ooo
08-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by razorace

I think you meant to post this on the Rotj Thread right?
 razorace
08-21-2002, 10:36 PM
ah crappy. Sorry about that. I replied to the wrong thread by mistake. :(
 Grets Sirob
08-22-2002, 12:08 AM
I am still alive!!!!

Yes, I am, really, this is Grets Sirob.

(I kinda dissapeared, like my trick? :D)

Anyways, I'm kinda ditching my other maps, and going straight to the maps for this.

Which brings me to this question:
Has anyone claimed any of the boss levels yet?

Because I'd like to do all of them, I just need the importer, and some time.

(It might help to have the jerec, sariss, boc, yun, etc. models/npcs to put in them too, but that might be just me...)

I hope to have the first yun battle map soon.

Also, when I'm done there, I may try to model some things, cause I don't want to go back to mapping...

Later!

(P.S. We forgive you razorrace.)
 reaper1576
08-22-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Grets Sirob
I am still alive!!!!

Yes, I am, really, this is Grets Sirob.

(I kinda dissapeared, like my trick? :D)

Anyways, I'm kinda ditching my other maps, and going straight to the maps for this.

Which brings me to this question:
Has anyone claimed any of the boss levels yet?

Because I'd like to do all of them, I just need the importer, and some time.

(It might help to have the jerec, sariss, boc, yun, etc. models/npcs to put in them too, but that might be just me...)

I hope to have the first yun battle map soon.

Also, when I'm done there, I may try to model some things, cause I don't want to go back to mapping...

Later!

(P.S. We forgive you razorrace.)
i will talk to you when your on next about the map and stuff and our forums yey
 reaper1576
08-25-2002, 5:37 PM
We have the following positions available at the time

Mapping Team
Modelling Team
Skinning Team
Scripting Team
Coding Team
Shaders, Textures and artwork Team
Audio Team
Beta Testers

Here’s the email address to contact me on for people who are interested NwO Reaper1576 (reaper@nwo2k.net) or pop over to the forums

The Forums are here
Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight TC (http://www16.brinkster.com/primesghost/)
Thanks

NwO Reaper1576
Project Leader
 ImmolatedYoda
08-26-2002, 6:55 PM
i would very gladly beta test because i dont think i could really be much help in the other departments and i am a big fan of the dark forces series and star wars in general..currently i have the entire DF series on my comp...wish i could help in some other way, but im not really qualified (yet) :)
 The Count
08-28-2002, 4:42 PM
I think this needs a bump!
 Grets Sirob
08-28-2002, 9:30 PM
Hey, it's me again.

Thanks for that bump.

Just thought I'd let you guys know the status of what I'm doing.
I'm currently working on level 7:The Dark Youth(Yun)
It's almost done, except for size, and textures.

And also, when I finish each level(textures and all), I'm going to release them in map pack for mp public use.

That way you can fight duels on them whenever you want.

After I finish all the levels, I might try to model, and if it works out, who knows... ?
 reaper1576
09-01-2002, 2:50 PM
We are still looking for members for our team anyone intrested
 The Count
09-02-2002, 6:39 AM
Yes we are come on someone sign up this project won't be as hard as the Dark Forces Mod.
 The Count
09-02-2002, 6:39 AM
Yes we are come on someone sign up this project won't be as hard as the Dark Forces Mod seeing as we have nearly everything we need from it on Jedi Outcast.
 The Count
09-03-2002, 8:06 PM
Bump!
 inbredyokel
09-03-2002, 8:34 PM
Hey,
I may as well be considered part of your skinning team, just so you know. I skinned legless Maw and I'm currently skinning Madjai's Jerec model. I'll later be doing the legged Maw, and I'd be willing to do any of Madjai's other dark jedi if he wants me to in the future. I'm in college right now though, and time is not too abundant so you'll have to be patient with me.
 Primesghost
09-03-2002, 10:23 PM
Right on man, thanks for all the help. Hey, if you're not too busy we would appreciate a "younger" kyle skin :).
 inbredyokel
09-04-2002, 12:00 AM
That actually wouldn't be too difficult. I could just make a few changes to the existing skin(like getting rid of the grey hair and massive amount of wrinkles, and making him look less sad/surprised). The clothing could stand a little change too, perhaps I might take a little artistic license on that since I hate is current "uniform" so much.
 reaper1576
09-04-2002, 4:17 AM
hey just pop over to our forums and sign up nice one
 Sub_Woofer
09-06-2002, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by inbredyokel
That actually wouldn't be too difficult. I could just make a few changes to the existing skin(like getting rid of the grey hair and massive amount of wrinkles, and making him look less sad/surprised). The clothing could stand a little change too, perhaps I might take a little artistic license on that since I hate is current "uniform" so much.

If I remember correctly, his JK uniform was completely different. It had black pants and a white shirt. There was already a pretty decent skin built for it, but I think the shirt is a bit too white, and it should be more open at the neckline. You can find it here (http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=2489)
Perhaps if you wanted to use this one as a reference, or as a base skin (with permission of course) we could tweak it to look even greater.

If you want any reference pics, just ask and I'll take them from the cutscenes for you ;)
 The Count
09-07-2002, 5:46 PM
WE should make a new skin for Kyle for JK or modify the existing one that one you showed us was well crap!
 Gram_Reaper
09-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Yeah i think id just make a new skin. it might look alot better
 reaper1576
09-09-2002, 6:57 PM
i think this is best to reskin him it will same on the size of this mod inbredyokel have you signed up for our forums?
 Primesghost
09-10-2002, 10:46 PM
inbredyokel.....

Man that is really funny :)

Seriously, I laughed for like 5 minutes. Don't know why, just one of those times when something just strikes you as hilarious.
 reaper1576
09-14-2002, 7:03 AM
here you go heres the site Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight Enhanced (http://www.nwo2k.net/df2e/) would like to say a big thanks to The Game NwO for hosting us NwO2k.net (http://www.nwo2k.net)
 inbredyokel
09-14-2002, 9:19 PM
Just out of curiosity...considering the fact that I'm a team member, how do I get into the team member discussion forum? If there's a password or something that I need, you can just PM it to me.
 reaper1576
09-21-2002, 9:27 AM
Ok people we have been realy bussy with the site and everything heres a update on some of the maps there coming along realy well tanks to a excellent team
 reaper1576
09-21-2002, 9:34 AM
 ImmolatedYoda
09-22-2002, 2:16 AM
rockin sweet...keep it up Tman or whoever...:)
 Grets Sirob
09-23-2002, 3:01 PM
I have some screenshots, I should upload them and show you them.
They're of Level 7: The Dark Youth

I'll get those to you soon.
 Primesghost
09-23-2002, 9:46 PM
I've already put those in the site update for tomorrow. I'll email Game the updates and they'll be online as soon as he gets them.
Page: 5 of 5