Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK1 TC, would you like to help?

Page: 3 of 5
 reaper1576
07-04-2002, 5:25 AM
Originally posted by Mirko

Ok. thats Fine for me... I Think i Will Play Both, but i surely want the levels to be the same (because the gameplay was good and is still good and i would like to see what the designers could have made, if they have had this engine).
IT might still be, that we mean the same... im really not sure. (I dont want the maps to be "ugly" like the original, but i would like to have the things in the same place, same secrets enemy Placement (might be changed, cause the AI is different), I Think i will see, when there are real Screnneshots. Perhaps you should put some Images for comparing online, when you have some parts ready (Original/New Ones)

I'm Hoping to do that ASAP but at the moment things are going a bit slow so at the due to personal maters but hopefuly may be a very early BETA of narshadda for testing so keep your fingers crossed cos im not promising anything on this it may be longer :cool:
 VIO
07-04-2002, 10:46 AM
i don't want to be a pessimist but i need to know wat about the cutscenes how u going to do them jkii had live action cutscenes maybe u could rip the origanal ones and use them
 Harukaze
07-04-2002, 7:26 PM
I was thinking that we'd just use the models in the fashion that JO does for its cutscenes. I do not believe it is possible to copy over the cutscenes, nor do I think we would be allowed to.

Besides, they're really cheesy. Do you really WANT to have those carried over? *runs like hell from all the diehard JK fans*
 The_One
07-04-2002, 8:33 PM
If you rip and use material directly from the original game - you'll get the project axed...simple.

I think it will be fun doing cutscenes again - that's what we're doing for the DF mod :)
 VIO
07-04-2002, 11:55 PM
yeah i doubt cp laws would allow that
 Harukaze
07-05-2002, 12:23 AM
Thus "I don't think we'd be allowed to" : ) And personally, that makes me happy, cause as nice as a live-action Jan was, the acting and special affects hurt so badly I could barely stand to watch. But I had to, so I'd know the story; doing this otherwise would be slightly difficult.

*ponders* I'm also thinking of doing a slight story modification as an alternative, although I think some of the JK purists would kill me if I tried. Let's just say that I've been playing with some ideas of scripted duels between NPCs [a la Desann versus Luke, only actually scripted] and some concept ideas for the death of Yun. And hey, for all the JK purists, we ARE planning to have identical map layouts to JK along with my alternatives, so maybe the alternative version can have different cutscenes too? *ponders* Just a thought... and one for much further down the road anyway.
 reaper1576
07-05-2002, 4:22 AM
Ok what im planing and hopeing to for the cutscreen are the same style of Jo but use ing the blink tools to extarct the movie it to stills and make a prefab or somthing what someone can script i hope
 reaper1576
07-05-2002, 4:29 AM
Ok it would be nice to use and update the orginals but i dont think lucas will let us but i would be nice this is one to be discused propely and hopfully get an idea about this so to do this we need artists who know about creating textures for the engine and shadders
 reaper1576
07-05-2002, 4:39 AM
This is one thing i want to make clear now if any people who are working on maps imports the origianl and send it to be used hey will not be used so please dont think about doing this please dont.

IMPORTANT
Anyone working on maps please use chalk and the bespin/basic texture for the surfaces that are visable

Thanks
 Grets Sirob
07-05-2002, 5:07 AM
You of course mean caulk.
Chalk is something you use to draw on sidealks with...

Anyways, I think that(so there's no confusion) we should think up funky acronims for the projects.
For instance, for the exact remakes, call it P.E.R. Project Exact Remake.
I can't think of anything for the revised version, but someone could probably think of something(awaits answer...:D)

Plus, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be cool to add stuff to the old levels. I may join Harukaze on this...

I'm also thinking of contacting Major Clod, Absath and Bloodriot(see where I'm going with this?), and Oddjob.
To see if we can use their models(wookiee, the boush madel[what is boush anyway...], and some mandalorians) in our maps for more variety.
The wookiees and whatever-boush-is's would be all over the place, but for the Mandalorians, I have a different plan...

We could have(on certain levels) unofficial "boss" people(the mandalorians)
We could do some fun scripting stuff.
For instance, on the second ns level:
You could have to go through some security checkpoint thing, and there's a camera on the wall.
When you use that camera, it shows a scene with two bad guys(I'm thinking a Gran and Rodian or something like that).
A mandalorian walks in, the gran tells him to leave, mandalorian says no.
A fight breaks out(the Rodians still standing there, confident that the gran can win) and the mandalorian punches the gran(who then falls back dead).
The rodian looks from the gran, to the mandalorian, and back again.
He whips out his gun, and the mandalorian takes out his gun(bowcaster or something better...) and shoots the rodian.
Then, later on, you have to fight him(he'd obviously put up a good fight, being a boss type character...)

Anyway, what do you think?

And Harukaze, I liked the cutscenes from jk1, but I think it would be better to make them in the current engine anyway...

So, I'll contact those people, and we'll see if we can use them.

:emperor: I shall rule the galaxy.
 reaper1576
07-05-2002, 7:31 AM
the cutsceens are important part of the game but i need to know will autocad work????? extra models is a thing ive been thinking about and i think it would be a good thing in some city based levels it would be good to get permission to use peoples models to add more atmosphear to level the idea for the mandalrians is a good idea to a point it could be used it something like a trail one of them sort of training thing if u get where im going (force system in JK1)
 Mirko
07-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Harukaze

And hey, for all the JK purists, we ARE planning to have identical map layouts to JK along with my alternatives, so maybe the alternative version can have different cutscenes too?

Why not??? If the originals get redone, too, you can do that aswell. I will play both versions, but i really would somehow be disappointed if you would only do the alternative version.

You should do In game Cutscenes, only Problem will be the Ships
in Space...
 Grets Sirob
07-06-2002, 2:19 AM
Yeah, that'll be tough...

Anyway, I was playing jk1 again yesterday(looking at the levels that you fight dark jedi in).
I think I'm going to make all those. Cutscenes are a different matter though...

I'm going to try the cutscene that plays after you defeat yun(for the first time). If I can't do it, well, I can't do it. I would like to make that one though, and if it's not too hard, maybe I'll try some other cutscenes...

And reaper, I don't really get where your going...

Grets Sirob
07-06-2002, 3:39 AM
Ok, I've contacted OddJob, MC, Bloodriot, and Absath.
Not much else to say, but I just thought I'd tell you what's going on right now...

Harukaze
07-06-2002, 6:39 AM
I contacted Bloodriot and Absath almost immediately after signing on to the project, and they said they were busy on something else; but I didn't think to ask simply if we could use their models as NPCs and enemies in our maps. Good thinking!

And I might have a solution for our friend Boc. He might be able to fight the way we want, but it'll take some work. Lemme play around a bit first.
 Grets Sirob
07-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Harukaze, I hope to *insert item here* you figure it out.
If you do, we will all be in your debt.
I will humble myself....
Anyways...
Moving along here...

reaper1576
07-07-2002, 8:09 AM
Ok people at the moment iam working on a Project Plan with a list of whos doing what etc before it all goes to out of hand so soon as i have an early draft i will send it out to everyone
 reaper1576
07-09-2002, 6:33 PM
Has anyone heard more about the hosting and whos with us on this project
 Harukaze
07-09-2002, 7:26 PM
The hosting guy didn't get back to my last email, prolly cause of the vacation weekend over here. I'll email him again.
~ Michael
 VIO
07-09-2002, 11:39 PM
guys i got ur answear for boc!!!! check out this link!

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67896)

its a mod for duel sabers, o cept at the moment it doesn't work in sp but there working one it
 reaper1576
07-10-2002, 4:41 AM
Nice one VIO for that :cool:
 Darth Exar Kun
07-10-2002, 9:47 AM
if someone tells me what progam to use i will create the saber handle except gorc and boc using thew ones at click right here (http://www.thelightsaber.com/histories1.htm)
 Grets Sirob
07-11-2002, 3:13 AM
This is great news VIO!
We can do it now!
Woohoo!

Lucko Mabri
07-11-2002, 3:23 AM
uuuum sorry to hinder your progress. They cant use it for sp since it uses the source code :rolleyes:

-Lucko Mabri
 Grets Sirob
07-12-2002, 7:16 AM
Hello?!
Wake up Lucko!
He said:
Originally posted by VIO
they're working on it
I think we all know it isn't for sp, YET.
Please, think before you post, read, and stop flamming(even if it was mild...)

reaper1576
07-13-2002, 5:16 PM
Originally posted by sdarkshadow
This MOD sounds like a great idea, if you want you can host it at www.jk2edit.com-) you'd get forums, e-mail addresses @jk2edit.com for members and a web page and space to upload any files to.

This is a very new editing website- a lot of it is under construction but we are slowly getting on top of things.

Ok i dont know if you have receved mine or Harukaze emails cos we would like to know whats going on with the hosting i dont know if ur still on your holiday or what ever but i would be nice if you could reply to your eamils and let me know in full what is happening
 reaper1576
07-13-2002, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by Darth Exar Kun
if someone tells me what progam to use i will create the saber handle except gorc and boc using thew ones at click right here (http://www.thelightsaber.com/histories1.htm) Can you contact me yust email me
 Harukaze
07-13-2002, 10:52 PM
I reemailed the guy from jk2edit.com, thinkin' maybe my email didn't go through. If it did, maybe he's on vacation, which is cool, so we just need to wait a little longer.

Maw is out, and I'm in the process of getting him into SP and getting him to act roughly like the Dark Jedi we all know and hate. No spin attack, unless I can figure out something I don't know yet. Inducing him to turn around in circles will be hard, but if Kyle can do it, sort of, than so should Maw be able to. Until then, I'll give him whatever I can to make him into the fearsome devil he was in JK. No Force Lightning though; I clearly remember him not using that in JK. I have an idea to make him one hell of a pain to beat, but I gotta fix some other bugs first.
 reaper1576
07-14-2002, 8:20 AM
I reemailed the guy from jk2edit.com, thinkin' maybe my email didn't go through. If it did, maybe he's on vacation, which is cool, so we just need to wait a little longer.

Maw is out, and I'm in the process of getting him into SP and getting him to act roughly like the Dark Jedi we all know and hate. No spin attack, unless I can figure out something I don't know yet. Inducing him to turn around in circles will be hard, but if Kyle can do it, sort of, than so should Maw be able to. Until then, I'll give him whatever I can to make him into the fearsome devil he was in JK. No Force Lightning though; I clearly remember him not using that in JK. I have an idea to make him one hell of a pain to beat, but I gotta fix some other bugs first.
well i did the same just got a report sayingthey have read the mail but not replyed to it nice one wit maw did u get the project plan i sent u? would love to see some shots
 Grets Sirob
07-15-2002, 11:27 AM
I do believe this requires a bump.

reaper1576
07-17-2002, 7:22 PM
Harukaze i got your privite message sound nice can wait to see him in action :D have you got any pics of him yet? well don with getting him sorted props to Harukaze have a gold star 4 Like the way thing are sounding 4 the bosses can u contact me with ur email coz my system whent down and im trying to get it back up and running :cool: :cool: :cool:
 Harukaze
07-18-2002, 6:38 AM
Maw officially scares me now.

But he still falls to his death if he flies over a pit. So we can't do his level yet. But I'll figure it out, I promise.

For now, Maw is scary as all hell if he's got a wide open place to maneuver in. His repulsor sled, from an IC point of view, allows him to speed wherever he pleases, like he's on permanent Force Speed. It's sick. Don't expect Maw to be a pushover in the JO version.
 Grets Sirob
07-19-2002, 3:52 AM
Haha!
*rubs hands together*
And so it starts...

(I think the initial buzz over this has stopped, we need to get something out to show the poeple, get them excited again...)

reaper1576
07-19-2002, 5:40 AM
Maw officially scares me now.

But he still falls to his death if he flies over a pit. So we can't do his level yet. But I'll figure it out, I promise.

For now, Maw is scary as all hell if he's got a wide open place to maneuver in. His repulsor sled, from an IC point of view, allows him to speed wherever he pleases, like he's on permanent Force Speed. It's sick. Don't expect Maw to be a pushover in the JO version.
Just want to say well done with maw props to you on that one at the mo im redoing the Narshadda map ive gone anal with it lol hopful next few weeks i will try to get a preview of it when its 50% re done can everyone involed email me my system when down and i lost all my email address plz dont say i should have backed up my pst file i did and it was corupt:mad:
 Harukaze
07-19-2002, 5:47 AM
No props to me, props to Madjai and Inbredyokel; nothing I'm doing would be possible without them. I don't really consider npc crafting or even Icarus coding [unless it's fairly extreme] to be very credit worthy.

Seriously, I can't wait for Madjai's return from vacation to see what he comes up with next.
 reaper1576
07-19-2002, 6:44 AM
Well you doing a good job with the npcs im gonna try to contact emon about helping out with custom npc and talk t the people who made the jedi styles mod
 The Count
07-19-2002, 7:05 AM
*Ahem* bump!
 Harukaze
07-19-2002, 9:01 AM
Don't think you really need to; it's really quite easy now that I have the hang of it. And if I can whip up a boss, I can whip up other NPCs. Even neutral ones, like we'd expect in Nar Shaddaa.

Speaking of which, I've downloaded two Yun skins. Going to work on getting him to be a fair boss [of course remembering that he's early on in the game]. I still hope to do the model eventually [gotta get around to buying Milkshape one of these days soon] but for now I'm sure one of the two skins I've downloaded will suffice. Hell, either one of them looks more like the actor than the JK model did ;) Going to concentrate on his lightsaber skills, but he will definately not be using any Dark Side powers. If they had the so-called Dark Jedi apprentice using Light Side powers in JK, then I intend to keep that idea running.

Grets, you said you were going to do some boss levels right? Think you can whip up a quick Yun level for me? Maw is no where's near ready to tackle his own level yet [well, I do have an idea; but lemme develop that more first], but Yun would have no problem wherever he is. And whenever we get Sariss, we already HAVE her boss level; it comes with JO, after all.

Maybe for now I'll just use that to play with Yun in.
 The Count
07-19-2002, 4:07 PM
Hey I was thinking about the extra powers in Jedi Knight II MP could you implement them into the single player and that point system too.
 reaper1576
07-19-2002, 5:45 PM
Cool all i can say things are starting to come to gether and are starting to look good:cool:
 The_One
07-19-2002, 6:10 PM
Hi again guys, I see Maw is coming along well. Have you managed to figure out how to get NPCs to fly yet?
 Harukaze
07-19-2002, 8:35 PM
Working on it, but nowhere yet. The_One, you might want to check out the Maw Released thread on the modelling board; I went into a little more detail there about my attempts at making Maw fly. It worked, technically, but... well, you'll see : )

But I haven't given up yet, either. And if everything I can do is exhausted, then I'll email Raven and see if I can get someone to respond; they've been fairly good about that as far as I know, so it can't hurt to ask.
 reaper1576
07-20-2002, 4:27 AM
Ok at the moment it looks like we still need mapper and scripters anyone intrested please contact me and has anyone heard about the hosting for this project cos its getting silly now
 Harukaze
07-20-2002, 6:33 AM
I emailed him a few times, dunno what happened :/
 reaper1576
07-20-2002, 8:54 AM
Ok what it sound like jk2edit is messing us about after the amount of times me and Harukaze have eamiled them i have receved reports that they have read my emails but do not reply so what do people think should we look for someone ealse to host this project was thinking of asking my clan to NwO - NsO maybe if they can host this project what do people think
 Harukaze
07-20-2002, 9:02 AM
Actually... I can host it myself. Wasn't planning on it, but I can. Gimme a few days to see if I can clean off some non-essential stuff from my drive and I'll see what I can do.
 reaper1576
07-21-2002, 7:14 AM
Actually... I can host it myself. Wasn't planning on it, but I can. Gimme a few days to see if I can clean off some non-essential stuff from my drive and I'll see what I can do. lets see what we can sort out first then if it comes to it and your ok with it i understand abiut letting people have access to your system no one realy likes it to much but thanks Harukaze ive spoke to my clan about this im gonna try catch The game (NwO Clan leader) when he's on next on
 idontlikegeorge
07-22-2002, 5:51 PM

why not put an npc block brush around the platform, so maw can float over, but kyle (the player) will still fall to his death?

you could, also, change the npc maw to be a floating "droid" class, and give him his own animation.cfg file to retain the humanoid animations he will use (if that method does work - i havent actually worked with it yet)

also, im not sure how to toggle the saber damage iif he was a droid class :o
 Harukaze
07-22-2002, 6:24 PM
Wait... you mean you can make floors that only NPCs can walk on?

Well hell then, if that's true then problem solved! Flying with a saber is pretty much impossible without a new AI [as far as I have tested anyway; I tried the droid idea], so I was trying to think of how to restructure the level so Maw wouldn't die.

Now we can actually have his proper boss level! Thanks!
 idontlikegeorge
07-23-2002, 1:03 AM
well, im not sure exactly, but there is a system texture called "blocknpc", possibly a brush made with this texture would act like a clip for npcs?
Page: 3 of 5