Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jk2 Sci-fi Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Kumba
06-02-2001, 10:10 PM
Yea I'm prolly a little quick on this one, but I've been working on a Jk2 mod since I heard of it even becoming reality some time back. Anywho, basically right now I'm doing sounds, models, and mapping, which I'll convert to Jk2 later. Anyways I'm accepting applications for the following departments:
Mapping, Modeling/Skinning, Sound, Programming. I have not decided on the complete basis of the mod or even the name yet. Really the only thing that can be done yet except Mapping, Modeling/Skinning, and Sound. The programming will have to come once the game is out and we have the source code. Everything else can be converted over very easily once Jk2 is out. On another note, my friend Eagle has given me 2 models which he made and will be used in the mod, so here they are to wet your lips a bit..... http://lazersoft.virtualave.net/jk2)

Also if you are interested just email me at shade@redfaction.net or ICQ me: 61601718.

Good day, and Hopefully Lucasarts won't have a fit.

Kumba
 Deetox
06-03-2001, 12:42 AM
Sounds cool man, that model looks pretty sweet too. Your pretty ambitious attempting a mod this soon but hey if you can pull it off i'm all for it. Good luck. :)
 Jedi_Killer
06-03-2001, 12:53 AM
umm, why hold off on the project for JK2? From what we know now, the new game offers nothing improved over existing games like Elite Force. So why not start work on it in a system where it can be played currently. Later you can convert the mod to the other engine and have a dual release if you still want it on the JK engine.
 Kumba
06-03-2001, 1:06 AM
Actually Jk2 handles TWICE the polygons that EF and Q3 can handle.... so Jk2 is just what I need.
 ZeroXcape
06-03-2001, 5:17 AM
Looking good indeed...
 Archie
06-03-2001, 10:09 AM
The JKII engine doesn't "handle" any more polygons than any other Q3 engine, it will simply have more because of more detailed level design, and have a higher minimum system requirement because of it.

It's not like the actually models/levels wouldn't be possible in Q3.
 Kumba
06-03-2001, 3:57 PM
Another reason I am choosing Jk2 is because of the fact that is has GHOUL2 as well as an updated Icarius system. Both are VERY useful when making a mod.
 Archie
06-03-2001, 5:30 PM
Not arguing at all with that :).
 Kumba
06-03-2001, 5:52 PM
Yup, so If you want to be part of this mod, just let me know. This is of course the first Jk2 mod, and it's coming along nicely. So hopefully some of you will want to help out :)

Cheers.
 Roger
06-20-2001, 5:18 PM
If you need a website, let me know... Plus I could do some skining... have to get back into the skinning mode though, it's been a while... Let me know... ICQ: 47279097

Roger :D
Page: 1 of 1