Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Page: 7 of 10
 Wedge Suron
03-28-2009, 8:43 AM
It's a great plan, but 1 problem with the Prestiege classes. You need to be level 15 minimum for any and have a strong alignment either way.
 zbyl2
03-28-2009, 8:49 AM
- The whole thing will be fully voiced.
You mean, completely everyone, everywhere, or just guys that are a bit more important for a plot? And, are you going to use real people or you're still using some computer generated voices?
It's a great plan, but 1 problem with the Prestiege classes. You need to be level 15 minimum for any and have a strong alignment either way.
You don't. It's just scripted that way in Kreia's dlg, it can be changed by simply changing conditional script.
 Trex
03-28-2009, 9:01 AM
You mean, completely everyone, everywhere, or just guys that are a bit more important for a plot?

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7809/everyone.gif)

EVERYONE!

Sorry, couldn't resist.:D

But yes, every single little Npc in the entire mod will have a voice, and I've gotten numerous real, actual people to do the parts.

People seem to be okay with Kannos and the Shadow's voices, so I'll just be keeping them but making sure all lines have sound files.

EDIT : And yes, like zbyl2 says you can introduce a prestige class at any time/level. It just depends when you use the script.
 Gavaroc Fevinor
03-28-2009, 9:46 AM
Any chance of Jolee Bindo making an appearance in further releases of this game?
 Trex
03-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Any chance of Jolee Bindo making an appearance in further releases of this game?

I'm afraid the models of certain Kotor 1 charcters weren't included in the Kotor 2 game. Jolee is one of them, along with Juhani, Mission, Zaalbar, original Canderous, and probably others I'm forgetting.

I may try something like it, but the only way to have Jolee is to alter another model to look like him (which isn't too easy).
 Canderis
03-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Or skin one.
 FaZzZa99
03-28-2009, 7:39 PM
Bastila looks quite old for someone who i estimate should be in her late 30s
Trex, did you get my PM?
 Wedge Suron
03-28-2009, 8:01 PM
One of the earlier posts will sort that problem.
 FaZzZa99
03-28-2009, 8:10 PM
Oh, i see, must have missed that
 Gavaroc Fevinor
03-28-2009, 8:46 PM
I'm afraid the models of certain Kotor 1 charcters weren't included in the Kotor 2 game. Jolee is one of them, along with Juhani, Mission, Zaalbar, original Canderous, and probably others I'm forgetting.

I may try something like it, but the only way to have Jolee is to alter another model to look like him (which isn't too easy).

Zaalbar wouldn't be too difficult, though, any wookie would look enough like him :P You're right about the rest, unless someone makes some kind of mod that adds their models to the game.
 FaZzZa99
03-28-2009, 9:36 PM
Jolee would be like 80 around the time of this mod anyway :xp:

By the way, are the Aratech G0-T0 Droid series present in this mod?
considering they started being manufactured after Revan left for the unknown regions and seceded 16 planets from the replubic about 100 years after TSL , i'd say they deserve somewhat of a role

Personally i don't like the whole idea of an "alternate universe" kind of thing (Makes me think of Futurama :xp:)
So heres a little something could help things stay abit canon, maybe shove it in somewhere at the end (again, i'm not trying to tell you what to do, but i have a little bit of a habbit of trying to make sure my ideas are out there :D) it leaves abit of fertile ground after it also :thmbup1:

3 Decades Later, remnants of the Sith emerged from the mysterious unknown region beyond the broad rule of Galactic Replublic and infiltrated the Library of the Republic of Coruscant. Their intentions were unknown, it appeared as if they were after something, something which they took it upon themselves to insure was taken, or perhaps forgotten. They left behind no trail, but a single holocron was missing. Their intentions forever remain a mystery, but no longer do records remain of Revan's legendary return from the unknown, perhaps it was a move on the part of the Sith to misguide those who looked back on history into believing that their legendary saviour never returned from his conquest beyond the known worlds, or perhaps something much deeper was about to unfold...
 Cyborg07
03-29-2009, 7:16 AM
The mods to look very good but I have a little problem ...
The subtitles will not appear to me? :(
 zbyl2
03-29-2009, 8:23 AM
The subtitles will not appear to me? :(

Do you have no-english language version? If so I know how to fix it.
 Cyborg07
03-29-2009, 2:40 PM
Do you have no-english language version? If so I know how to fix it.

Effectively it is not the English version...
 zbyl2
03-29-2009, 3:00 PM
Effectively it is not the English version...
So download TLK Editor from http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
then go to your main game directory and find file called dialog.tlk. Open it in TLK Ed.
Now go to file/set language and change it to English.
It should work fine for you.
 HK-42
03-29-2009, 3:33 PM
Before starting a version 2, Id get all the bugs sorted out, there is a tremendous amount of them. Perhaps getting some experienced beta testers, who will know what to look for, etc?

No I am not volunteering by the way, I dont have the time.
 FaZzZa99
03-30-2009, 1:18 AM
Before starting a version 2, Id get all the bugs sorted out, there is a tremendous amount of them. Perhaps getting some experienced beta testers, who will know what to look for, etc?

perhaps the 2.0 patch will include bug fixes?

My brain spawned another possible idea!
Cassus Fett, the most wanted man in the galaxy, served under Mandalore the ultimate has was very influential in areas throughout the Mandalorian society, and was only "presumed" dead, Perhaps he could make an appearance and attempt to claim the title of Mandalore himself, perhaps even his hatred for the Republic and concepts of a New Mandalorian order taking over could convince him to form somewhat of an alliance with the Sith (it wouldn't be the first Mandalorian/Sith alliance, and could possible somehow lay the base for the Sith/Mandalorian alliance in the Great War).

My ideas may not matter, but i have a feeling that if i keep this up i'll stumble onto something groundbreaking
 Trex
03-30-2009, 7:11 AM

Almost all the bugs are already fixed. The only ones to resolve are the crashes during the final battle (when the player switches characters).

The 2.0 will also be acting as a large patch.
 Wedge Suron
03-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Not to mention sorting the balance issues.
 FaZzZa99
03-31-2009, 1:41 AM
Few Questions:
Is Mandalore the preservers helmet available for Canderous to equip ingame?
Will Sith Lords from the KoTOR II be featured as worthy opponents, or pushovers?

Anyone have any opinions on my ideas? (i know they may not matter to many, but i'd appretiate a brief opinion from anyone who took the time to read them)
 jedi7000nathan
04-02-2009, 8:41 PM
where in the mod does Haazen come in and second why do the guards look like calo nord instead of like the ones in the trailer
 VakorKresh
04-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Hey all! New here, I think the mod looks great haven't had a chance to play it yet, But I was wondering. Will "The Ultimate Lightsaber mod" (by ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svцsh, and T7nowhere) be compatible with this mod?
 FaZzZa99
04-04-2009, 2:45 AM
Hey all! New here, I think the mod looks great haven't had a chance to play it yet, But I was wondering. Will "The Ultimate Lightsaber mod" (by ChAiNz.2da, Darth333, Seprithro, svцsh, and T7nowhere) be compatible with this mod?

apart from the fact that Bao-Durr will no longer exist?
 VakorKresh
04-04-2009, 3:04 AM
apart from the fact that Bao-Durr will no longer exist?

umm.. I don't see how that would matter. I mean considering the file for his specific lightsaber isn't used unless you train him to be a jedi, I see no reason why him not being a party member would adversely affect the stability of the game. Unless someone knows something I don't lol.
 FaZzZa99
04-04-2009, 3:14 AM
umm.. I don't see how that would matter. I mean considering the file for his specific lightsaber isn't used unless you train him to be a jedi, I see no reason why him not being a party member would adversely affect the stability of the game. Unless someone knows something I don't lol.

ummm, Bao-Dur is the one you talk to about getting your USM saber made
 Trex
04-04-2009, 6:56 AM

I just and a quick look at which files are included in USM, and I think it should be fine. Just make sure you install (or reinstall) after this one.:)

where in the mod does Haazen come in and second why do the guards look like calo nord instead of like the ones in the trailer

Haazen was removed from this when what happened to him in the comics contradicted his appearence in the mod. He was replaced by Thon. Of course, after that the MMORPG was announced and pretty much everything got contradicted, then I gatve up trying to make it accurate.

The guards had their model changed as the original didn't have many attack animations and would often freeze. It's the same reason the HK-1000 had his lightsabers removed and uses blasters instead.

Not to mention sorting the balance issues.

Since new subquests will be added, more oppotunities for XP will be avaliable. I guess that means balancing issues wil be sorted as one of the last things on my to do list.
 VakorKresh
04-04-2009, 12:13 PM
ummm, Bao-Dur is the one you talk to about getting your USM saber made

Funny I made and found many on my own b4 ever talking to bao-dur about a lightsaber lol. I also remade the exact same lightsaber he made me later on because I found the same (G-cut I think) LS crystal.

I just and a quick look at which files are included in USM, and I think it should be fine. Just make sure you install (or reinstall) after this one.:)

Great Thx:D
 FaZzZa99
04-04-2009, 7:39 PM
Funny I made and found many on my own b4 ever talking to bao-dur about a lightsaber lol. I also remade the exact same lightsaber he made me later on because I found the same (G-cut I think) LS crystal.

Great Thx:D

hrmmm, must have been so long since i played with the USM that i've forgotten how it works
 VakorKresh
04-04-2009, 8:19 PM
hrmmm, must have been so long since i played with the USM that i've forgotten how it works

No big deal. You can talk to him about a LS and he will make you one if you have the crystals, but it's not necessary.
 FaZzZa99
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
No big deal. You can talk to him about a LS and he will make you one if you have the crystals, but it's not necessary.

i see, well thanks for clearing that up

On a side note, Trex hows progress on TJM going? (I'm not requesting for a full progress report, just some form of indication of how things are going)
 kmelmon
04-20-2009, 4:14 PM
Hi,
Is it possible to add a map for coruscant soon ? I am lost by the almost identical surroundings. Thanks.
 Trex
04-21-2009, 6:25 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to add a map for coruscant soon ? I am lost by the almost identical surroundings. Thanks.

Some form of map will be avaliable for every level in the forth coming expansion.
 FaZzZa99
04-21-2009, 6:34 AM
Some form of map will be avaliable for every level in the forth coming expansion.

will this expansion be including the VOs?
 Trex
04-21-2009, 6:56 AM
will this expansion be including the VOs?

Yes, It'll be the final final release (unless I miss something). I'm mainly just waiting on voice actors getting back to me right now.
 Gregthegen
04-21-2009, 12:26 PM
If the voice actors/actresses are the only thing keeping this mod from the next release, then I sympathize with you. I've waited for months to hear back from people who say they've recorded all the lines I asked for to go into my mods. I can't wait till the next installment is released!

Looking forward to having a couriscant map too! (I hope you don't end up having to make up one in photoshop due to map constraints.)
 Lord of Hunger
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm really looking forward to release v2.0, as you'll have both experience, community feedback, and VOs under your belt. Can you give us some idea on where you are at? Not meaning to pester you....:D
 Trex
04-22-2009, 8:41 AM
Can you give us some idea on where you are at? Not meaning to pester you....:D

I've pretty much done all of the physical content. I'm awaiting stuff from three voice actors, after which I can have play throughs and make sure all the voices work.

After this, I need to address balancing issues (I'm trying to make it so that the player ends up around level 20 near the end), and finish some journal entires. I think that'll be it, although I may alter some of the fmv movies (Revan goes on about the True Sith having thousands of ships and I think the most you ever see is five :)).
 Lord of Hunger
04-22-2009, 3:47 PM
I've pretty much done all of the physical content. I'm awaiting stuff from three voice actors, after which I can have play throughs and make sure all the voices work.
Awesome. Have you been using Voice Acting Alliance? Silveredge9 employed them and it turned out very well. I'm currently auditioning there for the Lost Ones.
After this, I need to address balancing issues (I'm trying to make it so that the player ends up around level 20 near the end), and finish some journal entires. I think that'll be it, although I may alter some of the fmv movies (Revan goes on about the True Sith having thousands of ships and I think the most you ever see is five :)).
I can see why that'd be a problem. :D Balancing is definitely a good idea, make sure to give the Consular class a thougher time 'cause anyone can easily win the game by just Force Wave-ing the enemy and never run out of FP points because they're using Force Affinity plus too many FP points.
 Gavaroc Fevinor
04-23-2009, 3:10 AM
He has used voice acting alliance, that's where he got me from :P
 Shotgunner
05-08-2009, 6:55 PM
Damn - I disappear from these boards for like a year and all of a sudden not only a bunch of new mods, but a TOTAL FRIGGIN CONVERSION???

*pictures GF creaming herself upon telling her the news* LOL

All kidding aside, I'll post my feedback once I complete it.
 Nick Vader
05-10-2009, 8:21 AM
I can't get past the quest that HK-47 gives u. You know : Find the hacked protos droids and destroy them. Can u tell me a way to figure it out ?:raise:
 Trex
05-11-2009, 8:03 AM
Try the non-spolier walkthrough on the site. I think it should help.

http://trexmods.at.ua/walkthrough.html)

I can't get past the quest that HK-47 gives u. You know : Find the hacked protos droids and destroy them. Can u tell me a way to figure it out ?:raise:
 FaZzZa99
05-11-2009, 9:19 PM
Query: Will new portraits be made for your reskinned heads?
 Trex
05-12-2009, 5:39 AM
Query: Will new portraits be made for your reskinned heads?

Maybe. I'm doing a lot of little things with the mod right now. For instance, recently I've been playing with placeables (chairs, tables, lamp). TJM's planets were always a little sparse so I've been filling it up while waiting for actors.
 Superpowermind
05-12-2009, 2:59 PM
Awesome mod but i have some questions (possible spoilers)

I went to Rhen Var or what ever the planet is named and I killed all the Kath Hounds,went to crystal cave and collected crystals but isn't there more things to do in that planet? I heard you fight Nihilus there.Where do I find him?
 zbyl2
05-12-2009, 3:06 PM
@Superpowermind
You'll meet Nihilus later in game, you need to find Revan and do all Coruscant stuff first.
 Nick Vader
05-13-2009, 5:25 AM
fan-tas-tic moooood !!! I finished it !!!! Keeeeeep iiiittt uuuupppp !!!!:thmbup1:

Nick.
 Superpowermind
05-13-2009, 6:30 AM
okay I got another question..

Do I need HK-47 to find revan? Because the scrambler cards that it gave me are finished and it wants fifty thousand credits :O Is there another way to make him join my party? Fifty thousand is much and i can't collect it easily...
 Nick Vader
05-14-2009, 7:54 AM
first of all, you gotta do it. 2ndly, it is easy if you do this :
Get to a save game where you have at least 3 scrambler cards. Then, once facing a protos droid, save your game into smthing like : protos test. Then, if you kill it and it has nothing in remains , load the savegame and go to the next protos and so on. :thmbup1:Helpfull tips:

1 hacked droid in Factory Floor
1 hacked droid in Reactor Module
1 hacked droid in Landing Module

Help & tips by Nick Vader:)
 Superpowermind
05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
It was AWESOME! i just finished it..Amazing!
Page: 7 of 10