Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters

Page: 10 of 10
 Darth_Katarn
01-19-2011, 5:37 PM
Hey I just installed The Jedi Masters MOD and when tsig comes into my room everything is fine but when I talk to her and talk to every NPC on that area and I got the blaster but I can't give it to her. When I'm trying to sleep I get a Part and a Computer Spike. PLEASE HELP!!!!! I did install TJMOverride, TJMMusic, TJMMovie1 and 2,and TJMModules.
 Canaan Sadow
01-19-2011, 5:40 PM
Hmmm... I've had problems with the mod myself, so I never actually finished the thing... but I also had problems uninstalling the blasted thing, so what I had to do was unistall the game and reinstall it... you might try doing that and reinstalling everything....
 Darth_Katarn
01-19-2011, 5:44 PM
k

is there any way that I won't have to uninstall and reinstall the game ?
 jonathan7
01-19-2011, 6:58 PM
Moved to correct thread - Please post anything concerning released modifications in their appropriate thread in TUCE, thanks! -- j7
 Bob Ta'aar
01-20-2011, 1:19 PM
is there any way that I won't have to uninstall and reinstall the game ?
That's usually the safest way, especially if you're not sure, where the problem lies.

Note for everybody having touble:
For the US version, you need ONLY the us-patch v1.0b
Only vor the Euro-versions, you need the euro-patches v1.0a and v1.0b

That's what I'm told at least, personally I only played the US-version since many years, always with only the v1.0b-patch.

Also make sure you don't use other mods that might be incompatible with this one.
 LordAkarixa
08-18-2011, 2:01 PM
What computer at the ship ?
 DarthVisitor
08-25-2011, 6:23 AM
Warning! I might include some spoilers from the very beginnig of the mod!

I just registered and decided to leave some FB for the mods I tried.

This mod is rather old (2 years since release) yet I'm surprised there are still new modes released for this game. Guess mod community here is solid one.

This one is a big mod which I could categorize as some kind of fan-made expansion set for TSL. I already had pleasure to play similiar thing for K1 and back then I was really positively surprised. I'm talking about 'Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revange'. Great addition which I wouldn't mind being original game content.

Firstly I must admit I didn't finish playing it, tbh I only left Dxun and travelled to Etti IV. After that... well... Let me give my opinion converted into pros and cons. I tried to make it as constructive as I could and not being objective but there are some of my taste opinions here.

Once again note I have only played the beginnign of this mod.

PROS:
+ Dedication: You must have spent a lot of time creating it and later gave a decent support. Note I said dedication as you decided to make a mod and finished it what I assume took you a lot of time! Yet I fear there wasn't enough effort... But those are pros so lets move on.

+ Official Home Page: For a large mod like this I find it a great idea to host a page about it. Althought the layout and design is poor it gives all the information anyone would look for.

+ Canderous: Found him looking really cool with beard and with Mandalore's armor but without helmet. Not talking about his OCness and what happened to him in your story after TSL.

+ Tsig: Your OC had a good entarence to the story and some nice basic background provided at first. All that player should know when getting into the game.

CONS:

- Broken Main Menu background (black box on the menu links).

- Poorly graphic desinged and overall badly made 'background' and other picture related stuff in the game. You should look for someone handy with photoshop to do it for you.

- Same as above but about skins.

- Annoying lack of voice: I mean if there wasn't any way to add voices to every character in conversations then why not leave everyone mute? That's far better solution imho.

- Main character: I don't know if later in game we get to know more about his backgrounds but the way he came across to learn The Force is rather silly...

- Main storyline: Again, for me it's really poor and wasn't anything anyone who enjoyed K1 and TSL to accept. It was like some kind of a bad fanfiction.

- Mothership: Goto's starship isn't the best idea... It's too large... I don't enjoy running around wasting more time then I should for a game. There are only few spots for party members so why would anyone need ship large enough to fit in entire army? How would they escape in case of star fight? It also lacks atmosphere of a 'small-secret-base' which 'Ebon Hawk' or 'Falcon' has.

- No quest logs: I had my inventory filled with some datapads but my quest log were empty...

- Cutscenes: Sometimes the camera was acting crazy showing something it shouldn't.

- Dialog text: I had a problem to read everything cause it was too much text to read and not enough time to read.

- Movies: They aren't well made... The skyboxes are too small, obviously.

- 'New planets' - I only travelled to Etti IV but after I saw it I decided to stop playing this mod. It was nothing more but a horribly bad reskinned Nar Shaddaa. After that I went in where once was 'Alien Club' on Nar Shadda and it was blocked by some kind of texture... well I wnet through anyway and I found myself on again badly reskined Jedi Temple's Sub Level.

Overall:

I had high hopes for it but was brought back from dreamland. Expected it to be at least solid made or well thought out but I was mistaken. The mod is a big expansion acting like a new game but it isn't worth playing imho.

Hope that I explained why my opinion is as it is. Still, I hold props for you Trex for having time and patience to create it. I'm sure there are many players who enjoys it!
 Sith Holocron
08-25-2011, 7:16 AM
DarthVisitor, were you aware that he's redoing this mod?

You might want to take a peek at the WIP thread for it here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206041).
 DarthVisitor
08-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the information Sith Holocron. I wasn't aware of that. If that is the case I'll keep an eye for it! Wishing Trex best of luck in this work.
 Spawn_of_Vader
10-08-2011, 9:28 AM
Hello, Im new here and I really need help. I downloaded this mod and installed it and everything. I can get to the part where I create my character and then it goes to a loading screen. However, it doesnt load and just stays on this screen. Has anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?
 Tallukeah
10-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi there everyone,

I'm new here and I've got a little bit of trouble with this mod. I have uninstalled all of the downloads I needed to play this game, yet even now after uninstalling then reinstalling and updating the game with both patches, the main menu opens with Darth Nihilus still in the background, and when I try starting a new game, where the different Jedi Classes should be is just empty space, and even after trying to start a new game everything is black with only fire and sparks visible (when you start the prologue on the Ebon Hawk). I have tried changing my graphics settings but nothing seems to have worked and I'm completely at loss. This is probably my favourite PC game and after having not played it since something like 2008 I really want to play it again! Any suggestions?
 Riven Fall
02-22-2012, 4:20 AM
Nah but got another problems with links due FBI megaupload is no longer exist and so Jedi Master link no longer exist too... and those filefront links neither.. got some other links ?
 Trex
02-24-2012, 5:34 AM
I finally got around to reuploading the mod somewhere. See the first post for the new links.
 Devizz
02-24-2012, 7:38 AM
I finally got around to reuploading the mod somewhere. See the first post for the new links.

I'll post some short review once I get a chance to play it. :p
 Warlord664
03-26-2012, 8:44 PM
I installed this mod today and made it to duxn. I've found all the ship parts accept for the Hyperdrive regulator. I've spent like an hour and a half looking for it but no luck. Can someone tell me the location of it?
 Ferc Kast
03-26-2012, 8:55 PM
I installed this mod today and made it to duxn. I've found all the ship parts accept for the Hyperdrive regulator. I've spent like an hour and a half looking for it but no luck. Can someone tell me the location of it?

This should help you: Link (http://web.archive.org/web/20090222081938/http://www.d-ex-d.com/DXUNWALK.html) :)
 Warlord664
03-26-2012, 8:58 PM
Ah thanks ferc! I was just heading that way to check it. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.
 Fair Strides 2
05-08-2012, 6:27 PM
Now this is weird. I just tried this myself and you're right, but Exile007 asked a question about something that happens after this, so it must have worked for him. Hmm.

In any case, here's a quick patch solution. Download this : http://www.d-ex-d.com/962cor.mod) and place it in C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Modules. Should solve the problem.

Since I can't see the spoiler contents, can someone explain this to me:

I did everything up to the Ship Wreckage, skipped it, and went to Revan's Last known Location, did the surface, and then when I return to the ship with Revan, after the dialogue of someone needing to rest, my game crashes every time...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
 J4ngo
05-23-2012, 12:17 PM
*spoiler alert* the hyperdrive regulator is salvaged from the ship you crashed in on dxun, the star map is in the rear of the mandalorian camp where u meet canderous. inner camp use key then bingo
 J4ngo
05-23-2012, 4:25 PM
how do you exit the eagle? which is the ship you get from dxun
 J4ngo
05-23-2012, 4:50 PM
or do i have to download the 1.0 a and 1.0 b patches?
 Trex
05-24-2012, 4:26 AM
how do you exit the eagle? which is the ship you get from dxun

There should be something to can use next to the gwing shuttle in the hanger.
 brendonj28
06-26-2012, 11:56 PM
can anyone help me with this? I have played kotor 3 the jedi masters and it's the best game ever: but I'm on the planet Etti IV and it saids I have to take out Dak Darnen blue-skinned guy, gluck the rodian and Kellem a gammorrean to get inside the the Kannos's office. I have managed to find Gluck and Kellem, but I can't find Dak Darnen anywhere. I know that you have to speak to the green female twiliek and pay her to find the guy but it only tells me the drinks or dancing options.

I'm not sure if I found the right one so can anyone help me with this please? Can you send me an email about it? My email is -snip-, thank you

Please PM email addresses, thanks!

-SS
 p8ntball
06-27-2012, 1:35 AM
I can't believe I haven't seen this before. It's been out for almost 3 years?! Gonna try it.
 Sith Holocron
06-27-2012, 4:42 PM
After you've completed The Jedi Masters, you can join the rest of us awaiting the updated version (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206041)!)
 J4ngo
06-28-2012, 2:26 PM
can anyone help me with this? I have played kotor 3 the jedi masters and it's the best game ever: but I'm on the planet Etti IV and it saids I have to take out Dak Darnen blue-skinned guy, gluck the rodian and Kellem a gammorrean to get inside the the Kannos's office. I have managed to find Gluck and Kellem, but I can't find Dak Darnen anywhere. I know that you have to speak to the green female twiliek and pay her to find the guy but it only tells me the drinks or dancing options.

this is kotor 3 TJM? i thought it was just TJM
 Trex
06-29-2012, 8:27 AM

I'm not sure if I found the right one so can anyone help me with this please? Can you send me an email about it? My email is -snip-, thank you

Please PM email addresses, thanks!

-SS

To be honest, I can't even remember exactly how this works in the 1.0. I think you might not have enough money for her? If not, I think something might not have set right so if you can play through from before the conversation with Dak and Mortlan.

And of course, if you can I would wait for the 2.0 release. :)

this is kotor 3 TJM? i thought it was just TJM

I didn't want to call it kotor 3 originally because it placed a bit too much importance on it. Things like the quality of the fmv movies in 1.0 weren't the equivalent of kotor 2, so it didn't seem right. Plus, when I began the project a real kotor 3 still seemed like a possibility, unlike now.

I might release it as "Knights of the Old Republic III : The Jedi Masters" for the new version.
 Christos K
07-02-2012, 3:09 AM
The way I see it, is if all the current K3 mods title their mods as KotOR 3, LucasArts may see a demand for it and change their minds about being total idiots and start work on K3.
 battle111
09-29-2012, 3:51 PM
Nice job !! now l will try your mod amazing truly amazing mod !!
 P s Y k 0 x
01-23-2013, 10:46 PM
any estimates on when 2.0 will be released?
 Sith Holocron
01-24-2013, 1:08 AM
any estimates on when 2.0 will be released?

Yes!

I'd say it will be released on December 17, 2012. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211618)
 P s Y k 0 x
01-24-2013, 9:19 PM
Yes!

I'd say it will be released on December 17, 2012. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211618)

i found it. cannont wait. thank God that ive gradutated!!!
 Xlampaxloumpas
10-06-2013, 1:07 PM
Guys, I'm stuck. When I am in the planet where I have to convince HK-47 to come with us he gave me a mission. The first time, I didn't have the 3 remains and the mission wasn't complete, but HK-47 was gone. Now, I have completed the mission, but I don't know what to do. Can somebody tell me how to continioue this awsome mod?

Guys, I'm stuck! I have to convince HK-47 to come with us and he gave me a mission. At first I pressed I have the clues (while I didn't) and the mission wasn't completed, but HK-47 was gone. Now, I do have the clues remains or whatever, but I can't find HK-47. Can somebody help me?
 Trex
10-06-2013, 1:52 PM
Guys, I'm stuck! I have to convince HK-47 to come with us and he gave me a mission. At first I pressed I have the clues (while I didn't) and the mission wasn't completed, but HK-47 was gone. Now, I do have the clues remains or whatever, but I can't find HK-47. Can somebody help me?

Well, if you're playing the version from this thread, I would first of all suggest you find the one with the 2.0 beta instead.

However, if you're playing the 2.0 beta and posted in this thread by accident, the bug you found is a common one which will be sorted in the proper 2.0 released sometime between now and Christmas.

If you load up an earlier save and play through the HK mission again, the problem may disappear however. It's one of those weird bugs where some people have it and some don't.
 Xlampaxloumpas
10-06-2013, 2:50 PM
Well, if you're playing the version from this thread, I would first of all suggest you find the one with the 2.0 beta instead.

However, if you're playing the 2.0 beta and posted in this thread by accident, the bug you found is a common one which will be sorted in the proper 2.0 released sometime between now and Christmas.

If you load up an earlier save and play through the HK mission again, the problem may disappear however. It's one of those weird bugs where some people have it and some don't.

Unfortunately, I don't have a save beyond the mission and my auto save is in the ship wreck which I did after this bug.When I download the 2.0 version (I have 2.0 beta) will it delete all my saves? And if not, will HK-47 be there? Anyway, you guys have done a great work at this mod. And like I said on YouTube: Who needs Disney when you've got fans!:D

Unfortunately, I don't have a save beyond the mission and my auto save is in the ship wreck which I did after this bug.When I download the 2.0 version (I have 2.0 beta) will it delete all my saves? And if not, will HK-47 be there? Anyway, you guys have done a great work at this mod. And like I said on YouTube: Who needs Disney when you've got fans!:D

I meant before that mission.

I wanted to ask. When I download 2.0 version, and I will have download it (probably), when I start the game again, will it have saved my progress until then (I mean for example every mission I've done won't be "deleted" and the missions that I already have will still be in the quest list). Also, when I download it, will the bug be fixed and HK-47 will be in his place or since there was a bug before the bug willl still continioue to take place?

I wanted to ask. When I download 2.0 version, and I will have download it (probably), when I start the game again, will it have saved my progress until then (I mean for example every mission I've done won't be "deleted" and the missions that I already have will still be in the quest list). Also, when I download it, will the bug be fixed and HK-47 will be in his place or since there was a bug before the bug willl still continioue to take place? (Sorry for writing the same thing twice, but I have to get used to this chat method)
 darthadrien
01-03-2014, 6:44 PM
Guys, I'm stuck. I have a problem for find VIMA SUNRIDER I go to the aid station and nothing I just find her item but not her is there something to do ?
 Col_Zechs
01-07-2014, 8:25 PM
For some reason I am not seeing any journal entries at all. Its completely blank each time I get a quest.
 Christos K
01-09-2014, 1:11 AM
The global.jrl file wasn't installed correctly is my guess.
 Nick-
04-10-2014, 11:17 AM
I cannot complete game at all.

My problem is on the aid station I cant find Vima at all. tried re-installing on 3 different computers and the same thing on every computer. Is there some sort of patch or something I can do to finish the game? was looking forward to completing it after so long and I'm unable to finish it.
 Trex
04-10-2014, 4:23 PM
I cannot complete game at all.

My problem is on the aid station I cant find Vima at all. tried re-installing on 3 different computers and the same thing on every computer. Is there some sort of patch or something I can do to finish the game? was looking forward to completing it after so long and I'm unable to finish it.

Are you using the version from this thread? If so, the newer version can be found in this thread : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211618)

The Vima problem is something I've fixed, but I'm not sure if it's a part of the 2.0 beta or the full 2.0 I have on my computer. The only thing I can really recommend (apart from waiting for the new release) is trying to load up a save game from before you entered aid station. Another possibility might be redownloading and reinstalling the mod (your saves won't be affected).

While I'm here, could I also request that a mod lock this thread? It looks like a few people may have been downloading the older version by mistake.
 Nick-
04-11-2014, 5:03 AM
yeah i'm downloading the right version on jedi-masters.com and tried doing it around about 10 times. Found every jedi master except Vima.

I guess Ill keep trying and wait for the new release. Apart from this bug Really great mod.
Page: 10 of 10