Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Just a few blaster models from me!

Page: 1 of 1
 Mono_Giganto
08-02-2006, 10:10 PM
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Law_Enforcement_Blasters;67168)

Link updated. Thanks Shem!

======================================================
A KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC II: THE SITH LORDS MODIFICATION
======================================================

AUTHOR: Mono_Giganto
EMAIL: Check the Readme!
NAME: Law Enforcement Blasters
CREDITS: ChAiNz - For the Gun jokes.

FILENAME: MG_LawEnf.rar
FILE SIZE: 9.396 mb
DATE RELEASED: 7/28/06

DESCRIPTION: I couldn't think of a better name that included 3 Imperial blasters and a real-world weapon used by police, so I apologize for that. This adds 4/5 new models to the game, which can be bought from a new merchant on Nar Shadaa. He is near Geeda. Look for him. ;)

These models are:

E-11 Blaster Rifle (OT Stormtrooper Rifle)
DC-15s Blaster Rifle (RotS Stormtrooper Rifle)
DH-17 Blaster Pistol (ANH Rebel Fleet Trooper Pistol)
Spas12 Shotgun - Folded Stock
Spas12 Shotgun - Unfolded Stock

For further information regarding polygon count or such things, check the comments within the UTI files.

Also included is the source code for the scripts used in this mod, as well as a set of 1024x1024 textures for those of you with better PCs than me.

Additionally, the script that spawns my merchant will also make Geeda move behind her counter, where I always thought she belonged. What's the point of having a counter if you're going to stand 12 feet away from it?

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Extract from the rar and place the files in the Override folder. If you do not have one, you will need to make one.

COMMENTS: These were models I just made for fun, then decided to rig them into KotOR. If the stats bother you, or if you think they're too cheap and/or expensive.... I apologize. You can edit them for your own use then.

BUGS: Not really a bug, but you may notice one dialogue branch that appears to open up a shop will actually end the dialogue. This was intended, as I may edit one of my older mods to use this branch at a later time. A different dialogue branch hints at this. ;)

PERMISSIONS: This mod may not be used without the explicit permission of the author. This mod may not be distributed on other sites without the express permission of the author.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Enjoy, guys. :)
 RedHawke
08-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Way to go Mono! :thumbsup:

Got my copy... Mandalore with a 12-Gague is going to pwn! :D

Now I just need some time to actually play... :(
 Shem
08-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey, the mod is up at FileFront.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Law_Enforcement_Blasters;67168)

I explained everything in a PM about me playing catch up since I just got back from my 10 day vacation on Monday.
 Lit Ridl
08-03-2006, 12:11 AM
"Some new blaster models from me" - he-he! that "New models" is what we always dream to get!
Models from Mono_Giganto are quality marks for all models!!!
Are there any information about ability to use it??? I mean is it free to use? Just notice you in credits, that is all?
 RedHawke
08-03-2006, 1:23 AM
Are there any information about ability to use it??? I mean is it free to use? Just notice you in credits, that is all?
You are free to use it on your computer all you want.

If you wish to distribute this as part of your mod you need to get permission from the original author(s), this is one of the rules in the Holowan Labs rules thread as well. Releasing a mod using another modders work without their permissions will get you into trouble around here.

I hope this clairfies. ;)
 Dirtnose
08-03-2006, 3:17 AM
Great Mod Dude!
 maverick187
08-03-2006, 3:47 AM
Mono, I'd download this in a heartbeat if I still had the game ;)

Question on the shotgun though, does it have a shotgun like shot... or does it fire the normal blaster bolts you know what I mean :p
 ChAiNz.2da
08-03-2006, 4:05 AM
CREDITS: ChAiNz - For the Gun jokes.
Do I even want to ask? Or should I just go hide under my rock now? .. hehehe

Fantabulous looking boomsticks Tach Man! :thumbsup: My party will definitely be sporting these beauties on my next TSL run :D
 Joris1
08-03-2006, 4:16 AM
Great work!!!
 -DK-
08-03-2006, 7:36 AM
Finally, someone who actually completed DC-15s.

Definitive download.
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2006, 8:59 AM
Question on the shotgun though, does it have a shotgun like shot... or does it fire the normal blaster bolts you know what I mean :p

It just fires like a normal blaster rifle, unfortunately. The unfolded version, however, comes with Power Blast. :D

Do I even want to ask? Or should I just go hide under my rock now? .. hehehe

They're the ones you used in the Vossk dialogue you gave me last year. That's the File I hinted at under "Bugs". I noticed a while back that after editing Vossk's dialogue, it'd cause the Nar Shadaa bounty hunters to duplicate and stand idly all over the Landing Pad. I figured it'd be easier to transfer it over to a stand-alone merchant than to debug Vossk's dialogue. :xp:

So, don't worry, nothing scary. :)

Thanks guys, it really makes it worth the time I spent UV mapping, detaching, and rigging.:fist:
 Terran I
08-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Man these look great, I am downloading then right now, as soon as I am done, I'll put them to a good use, just keep them coming!!!
 Ghost Down
08-03-2006, 10:14 AM
101% Total Sweetness!

- Ghost Down
 Darkkender
08-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Ahh, nothing beats A Tach Corp. Gun Model. The way they fit so elegantly into the users hands, the craftsmanship and detail that go into every model. It makes you feel like your ready to take on the worst of the worst Sith Lords without a single worry in the world.
 Jackel
08-03-2006, 3:14 PM
*downloads* Nice work MG, will be fun blasting some lowly bounty hunting scum with these. And I am definately making a personal mod to give Mira a couple of those DH-17's for when you get her in game!
 lord ignarn
08-09-2006, 9:16 AM
Downloading right now, and playing it this night, the perfect complement for Mandalore and Atton, even for HK-47. Great Mono_Giganto!!!
 Mono_Giganto
08-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Heh.... Can't say I've ever gotten hate mail before:

Hi, I downloaded this mode but when I try to buy/look at the guns the
merchant says something about visiting non-existing pcgamemods or some
incoherrent OUT OF GAME crap, is this mod a joke or what?

You know not everbody had dsl connection, this mod was 9MB...

My Response:

Heh.... Some people. Are you attempting to ask me for help? I couldn't tell if that was the case, or if you were just wanting to be an ass.

Did you bother to read the readme? Because from the sound of it, you just dumped it into Override, then failed to fully explore the dialogue. If you had read the readme, you would know how to purchase the guns from the merchant.

The Dead Dialogue Branch, as well as the "crap," as you call it, was added in to support future additions to the merchant supply, without conflicts between any mods. I added in a dialogue branch so that players unfamiliar with modding would understand how to acquire more content for the merchant when I release it, while still keeping it in "game context" by masking it with an ordinary game scenario (The package delivery.).

Oh, and for the record, mods like this aren't made in 5 minutes. That may come as a suprise to you. This mod actually took a steady amount of time over a span of about 3 weeks to be complete, and PCgamemods happened to still be operating when I began this mod. I'm not responsible for the upkeep of PCgamemods, so you can spare me the PCgamemods crap.

Incoherrent? You are in no position to call anything I write 'incoherrent.' I had to read your e-mail twice to figure out what you were trying to say. Having said that, I think the only 'joke' here is your e-mail. I'm not sure what made you feel as if you had the right to give me crap over work that I spent hours on, and gave away for free. I didn't have to release any of this. Have a problem with it? Don't use it. Otherwise, tell me what's bothering you without the 'Spoiled 8 Year-Old' attitude.

Oh, I'm very sorry the file was a whole 9MB. It was so mean of me to force you into downloading my huge file just so you would disregard the readme. I apologize for the inconvenience. If I could, I would make your computer un-download the file and recover all the time you wasted sitting in front of the computer as the file was being downloaded.

I'm sorry, I just fail to see the point in complaining about my filesize. Most of the filesize comes from the actual textures. Now, if I wanted to reduce the filesize, I could lower the resolution of the textures.... But then you would probably whine about the texture quality. It's a big model pack. There are technically 5 models in that file. So expect it to be somewhat large. I'm well aware that not everyone has a high-speed internet connection, but you know what? I'm also well aware that downloading my file is a completely voluntary action. Too big of a download for you? You're free to move on. But if you're willing to take the time to download it, don't bother giving me crap about it.

Again, I'm glad that you appreciate the long hours of work and the dedication I put into the creation of this mod. It really makes me feel good knowing that spending so much time on it over the course of 3 weeks, while shrugging off medical problems, both my own, and those of a close friend, and ignoring other important Real Life matters, I was able to please someone enough to receive an e-mail from them.

Have a nice day.

I'm so horrible. :rolleyes:
 maverick187
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
lol, I'm worse, I don't even check my e-mail :xp:, thats pretty pathetic though, what a chump, obviously doesn't apreciate the hard work of others. Want me to beat him up for you Mono? I could model a saber with a 10MB texture and force him to download it.. muahahahahaha... ha.
 RedHawke
08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
You are not horrible Mono, that answer was quite good. Some people! :roleyess:

:lol:
 Shem
08-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Hey Mono, I think we know who gave you the 1/10 vote now. :p

The only truly way for anybody to appreciate the hard work that goes into modding is to actually do them yourself. That is the only way to truly learn. Back in 2002, I really got into downloading mods for Jedi Outcast and loved the mods, but never really learned to truly appreciation what others did until I learned how to make mods myself.
 Darkkender
08-10-2006, 12:49 AM
I wish I could have been as eloquent and nice as you were in your reply to him. My slightly more direct and in your face mannerisms would likely been less diplomatic.(Note to self use these words as a reminder to stay out of politics.)
 Terran I
08-10-2006, 4:22 AM
Mono your mod is great! You just keep making them because there are people who appreciate your work! :)
 stoffe
08-10-2006, 5:58 AM
Heh.... Can't say I've ever gotten hate mail before:
My Response:
I'm so horrible. :rolleyes:

More of a response than he deserved, I'd just toss the mail in the trashcan and not waste any time replying to it. :)

This is the main reason I prefer not to provide any contact information with any mods released "In the wild"; the sense of entitlement of some people is enough to take all the fun out of modding. I don't mind helping people if they have problems, but people like that one makes it not worth the risk. This is supposed to be a fun pastime after all. :)

Keep up the good work and just ignore those not worth paying attention to. :)
 Mono_Giganto
08-10-2006, 6:32 AM
Well, I've given out contact information, as I've found the KotOR community to always be a bit less 'wild' than most others (And I think FileFront requires it, anyway.). That was a surprising thing to find, and I thought I'd just have fun with it. :p
 Shem
08-10-2006, 3:22 PM
I've found the KotOR community to always be a bit less 'wild' than most others (And I think FileFront requires it, anyway.)You don't have to give your email out in public. If they have something to say, they can say it in the comment section. That is what it's for.
 RedHawke
08-10-2006, 11:47 PM
This is the main reason I prefer not to provide any contact information with any mods released "In the wild"; the sense of entitlement of some people is enough to take all the fun out of modding. I don't mind helping people if they have problems, but people like that one makes it not worth the risk. This is supposed to be a fun pastime after all. :)
Major quote for emphasis, this is the exact reason I do much the same. ;)
 rictus135
03-07-2008, 6:04 AM
Hey MonoGiganto, can these weapons be used with K1 as well? Obviously the shop won't work but the models I mean.
 Mono_Giganto
03-07-2008, 8:50 AM
Theoretically, yes, but I'd have to convert formats and fix the actual meshes, because a straight conversion ruins the hand placement for whatever reason. I've never really gotten around to doing it, but at some point when I have free time, I'll try to get it done.
 Danyael27
03-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh wow. Am i ever looking forward to when the K1 version gets made.

Would replacing the shop with Adum Larp work?
 Mono_Giganto
03-09-2008, 6:51 PM
I've never had much luck editing merchant files. I'll probably take the easy way out and either spawn them into a container or have the models replace existing weapons.
 Danyael27
03-09-2008, 6:56 PM
Maybe as Sherruks Weapons Cache?

Placing the container near the grove ruins with the two Mandalorian bodies might be a good idea, espaescially if you can only find said container after facing Sherruk.
 Modest Mouse
03-09-2008, 9:02 PM
Replacement models = super duper
Page: 1 of 1