Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Module Editor Map Requests

Page: 1 of 1
 goldberry
01-25-2006, 4:48 PM
Fred has pretty much left altogether as far as anyone can tell so this topic is kind of redundant. I'm keeping it updated now that I'm shadowing again, but it's simply out of the thought to finish what I started. This has been here for over two years and never been acted upon, so don't expect anything to be done now.

I just thought it would be easiest for Fred Tetra if all of the module requests were in one place, so post any you want here (Although, alot are there anyway).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: As Fred states on his website (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/), he no longer accepts K1 requests without a donation. Please do not post K1 requests here.

Requests as of post 29 are:

003EBO/004EBO/005EBO/006EBO - Ebon Hawk Interior (003EBO is in progress)
152HAR - Harbinger (Can't remember where :D)
261TEL - Telos Crash Site
306NAR - Nar Shaddaa Entertainment Promenade
403DXN - Mandalorian Camp
506OND - Royal Palace (506OND is in progress)
601DAN - Khoonda
602DAN - Khoonda Plains
604DAN - Crystal Cave
605DAN - Enclave Courtyard
650DAN - Rebuilt Jedi Enclave
711KOR - Secret Tomb
950COR - Ebon Hawk Interior

I have not included the Droid Factory and Planet because I doubt very much that Fred Tetra would make those available. If I'm wrong in this assumption, I'm very sure he'll edit my post.
 rgdelta
01-29-2006, 12:52 AM
heh this was a great idea.
I really want the rest of K2 Maps
tops of my list atm are 003EBO, 004EBO, 604DAN, 601DAN, 602DAN, 605DAN, and 650DAN.
 goldberry
01-29-2006, 3:40 AM
I would particuarly like to have the following:

950COR - Ebon Hawk (After leaving Telos)
650DAN - Rebuilt Jedi Enclave

Im gonna start editing the first post with everything posted.
 Darth InSidious
01-29-2006, 8:09 AM
950 COR would indeed be useful. As would 711KOR...
 Darth333
01-29-2006, 8:45 AM
The Onderon Palace would be nice too (506OND)
 Emperor Devon
01-29-2006, 3:20 PM
301, 302, and 303nar would be great, too.
 rgdelta
01-29-2006, 3:36 PM
301NAR, 302NAR and 303NAR are out and released go to http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/) go to downloads get the lastest mapinfo.bfd scroll down and you will see the downloads for those 3 maps.
 Darth InSidious
02-08-2006, 12:51 PM
801 & 805DRO would be useful.
 Elven6
02-24-2006, 9:55 PM
I would like one for the rebuilt enclave,

already requested above
 darthbryce
05-30-2006, 8:08 PM
does anyone know the map name for the interior of the weapons cache on the duxn landing jungle? i wanted to make a hutt's palace in there because it looks like the interior of somewhere on tatooine.
 Lit Ridl
06-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I will be happy to see in Kotor Tool those maps:
506OND - Royal Palace (Haven't someone post you its models?)
604DAN - Crystal Cave
711KOR - Secret Tomb
801-807DRO - droid factories
403DXN - Mandalorian Camp
232TEL - cherka base
261TEL - Area with snow
I think they would be really cool to have in Module editor.
 goldberry
08-02-2006, 7:01 PM
I suppose this is as good a forum as any to say that I have reinstalled TSL, and am back on the modding scene!

Edit: See this line?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above that line are requests that are in my first post.
 Miltiades
10-31-2006, 8:45 PM
152HAR would be very useful to me.
 Verlaine
12-05-2006, 8:42 PM
I'm making a mod for TSL and I would love to have 852NIH (Ravager Bridge)

Thank you.
 Lit Ridl
12-06-2006, 9:29 AM
I'm making a mod for TSL and I would love to have 852NIH (Ravager Bridge)

Thank you.
Actually Ravager's cutscene module is available,
Ravager Bridge and this Cutscene are absolutely the same :D
 goldberry
01-15-2007, 6:58 PM
Yup, the two modules are pretty much identical appart from the scenery outside the window being different. I'm gonna update the first post up to this point. I can't see the topic overflowing until I get back next month.

P.S. Your recent mods are looking great, Lit.
 glovemaster
02-01-2007, 2:08 PM
I have not included the Droid Factory and Planet because I doubt very much that Fred Tetra would make those available. If I'm wrong in this assumption, I'm very sure he'll edit my post.
Are these maps even available? I dont think the HK Droid Factory got very far in development but were the maps actually created?
 Darth333
02-01-2007, 3:56 PM
Are these maps even available? I dont think the HK Droid Factory got very far in development but were the maps actually created?
no, no maps for the KT module editor have been released. If you want to edit those areas, you will either have to do it manually with k-gff or make your own maps: http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/pgs/assembling_maps.html)
 Randydgx
05-09-2007, 1:52 PM
Can anyone make me a 950cor map, I'm working on a Coruscant mod and I need that map
thanks,
Randy
 KiwiBoX
07-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd like to request 306NAR - Nar Shaddaa Entertainment Promenade, and I thought I'd mention that 152HAR is the Crew Quarters.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
07-12-2007, 2:35 AM
no, no maps for the KT module editor have been released. If you want to edit those areas, you will either have to do it manually with k-gff or make your own maps: http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/pgs/assembling_maps.html)

Preface: I am a rookie noob in re:modding, so if this question is over the top simpleton forgive me!

Well, I have a question regarding the above. I happen to have discovered a friend who is highly skilled with 3dsMax and has it at home to play with. After reading the link in Darth333's post, I for a moment was excited. My friend can easily do all of the steps involved with the guide's instructions - shoot, I feel like I could do it. But Fred mentions in that post that he would need to do the final rendering and what-not to have the map usable.

Question 1: As Fred no longer supports KT, is it safe to assume that we can no longer expect to have new maps available for the editor?

2: If no to 1, who can do that final rendering/ what's involved?

3: Is it that important? I have been thinking about using some modules not listed in the maps available, and am wondering if it matters, since I will edit the modules using K-GFF anyway.

Thanks in advance (assuming someone actually looks at this old thread!!!!)
 Emperor Devon
07-12-2007, 4:39 AM
As Fred no longer supports KT, is it safe to assume that we can no longer expect to have new maps available for the editor?

I think it is... Unfortunately Fred hasn't been online in nearly a year. :(

2: If no to 1, who can do that final rendering/ what's involved?

I do hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there is.

Is it that important? I have been thinking about using some modules not listed in the maps available, and am wondering if it matters, since I will edit the modules using K-GFF anyway.

It depends on how much module editing you plan to do. Kotor Tool's maps are much more efficient than manually placing something into a module, since you just drag the creature/placeable/whatever to where you put it. Manually placing something is much more time-consuming in that you have to go to the module yourself, write down the coordinates, and the enter them into the GFF editor. Not terribly difficult work, but it can be very time-consuming and dull if you're doing enough of it. (Especially with TSL's longer coordinates)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
07-12-2007, 2:14 PM
It depends on how much module editing you plan to do. Kotor Tool's maps are much more efficient than manually placing something into a module, since you just drag the creature/placeable/whatever to where you put it. Manually placing something is much more time-consuming in that you have to go to the module yourself, write down the coordinates, and the enter them into the GFF editor. Not terribly difficult work, but it can be very time-consuming and dull if you're doing enough of it. (Especially with TSL's longer coordinates)

Well, that is I guess what I expected. Simplicity for certain things with one tool, and yet of course also for the other. There are maps for half of what I need, and I guess I'll just have to get used to whereami and her buddy FB. :)

Thanks for your response Emperor Devon. Thanks Fred for your great tool... wish you were here.... :hattip:
 stoffe
07-14-2007, 2:04 PM
(Especially with TSL's longer coordinates)

You don't usually need that kind of precision anyway so you don't need to use all the decimals. The world coordinates are in meters, and I doubt you'd need more than centimeter or millimeter precision since you won't notice any difference in-game anyway, so three decimal digits would be the most you need.

Most of the high precision decimal digits are likely floating point representation errors anyway. :)
 Ulic and Cay
08-30-2007, 6:37 PM
I saw that Fred was posting again, even talking about resuming development if there was enough community interest. If he is back, does anyone know if he is accepting new maps?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
08-31-2007, 3:14 PM
I have a friend that will be glad to do some maps that would be handy for me atm, and I have been wondering the same thing Ulic. I will pm Fred and ask him directly, as well as seconding your motion. I would happily donate half of the TSL maps left, if Fred is still happy to do the final render needed to insert it into the Module Editor.
 Masterkyle
11-21-2007, 2:17 AM
Fred Tera you still alive? I am willing to pay to get the rest of the tsl maps done.
or if anyone knows how to make them.
 jedijed
12-19-2007, 4:44 PM
Fred Tera you still alive? I am willing to pay to get the rest of the tsl maps done.
or if anyone knows how to make them.

Me too. I Really, REALLY, need all of the DRO*.map's. REALLY.

(For a MAJOR mod.)

HEY. He allready released a droid factory map. Why not do some droid planet maps?

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLY need them!

I have combined your Double Posts. Please refrain from Double Posting, that is having multiple posts in a row, while it is alright to do in some rare instances, here it isn't. Use the 'edit this' post feature to add any new content to your previous posts, thanks. -RH
 Qui-Gon Glenn
12-20-2007, 2:49 PM
JediJed.... until we hear otherwise, Fred has once again left the building.

You need to try and learn how to module edit using a GFF editor. Not as easy, but still doable.
 LoganZezima
03-24-2008, 4:16 PM
I would like the map for the Ebon Hawk on K1. Surely someone has it.
 goldberry
03-26-2008, 5:52 AM
You would think that "someone" would have made it. But it's a lot of work to make, and apparently this is not the case. Even if Fred Tetra were still around, he only makes K1 maps for a fee anyway due to the sheer time it takes. But anyway it's a moot point because he's clearly not still around and I only still maintain this topic because I said I would, and not because I believe anything will actually be done. ^_^
Page: 1 of 1