Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ebon Hawk versus Another Ship

Page: 4 of 4
 Ztalker
03-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Exact.

Maybe only controlling the main cannon or a feighter yourself.
They could just link some modules to create the 'warship' effect, like Redjohnnymike did with his 'Capital ship' mod.
 †Saint_Killa†
03-11-2006, 8:46 PM
I think the crew may cost a lot of money though.
 Rexraptor2000
03-12-2006, 1:46 PM
You could have an A.I. control the turrets then.
 JediMaster12
03-13-2006, 1:21 AM
Yeah and they would probably miss every shot because AI cheats. It is evil. I'd rather have control of the turrets because I can kill fighters in less than ten seconds. That is being generous. :lol:
 †Saint_Killa†
03-13-2006, 3:59 AM
If AI controls turrets then you would just watch it rather than actually doing it. But if you could control a ship I also think that would be cool anyways.
 DarkLord152
03-15-2006, 6:51 PM
It would be very cool to have like a huge ship and have a bunch of mandorlarians on it and stuff like that 'War Ship".But im fine with the Ebon Hawk . :duel:
 shinyjedi
03-25-2006, 4:58 PM
Ebon Hawk all the way (did they ever make a scale model of that thing?)

As to how it survived, and all the nitpicking about it, I'm surprised that all the loose end cowboys who've been griping about the Hawk haven't wondered aloud how it managed to hold on to the faded and stained paintjob through what amounted to a major rebuild on Peragus. The droids replaced a considerable chunk of hull, then apparently went to great pains to match the existant paint scheme. Good thing they didn't shoot as well as they painted, or you'd never get off the mining base :twogun:
As to how the ship survived Malachor, in LS you SEE it fly away, in DS, you simply don't see it. When it crashes, only the outer hull in the dorm areas is compromised, and we already know it'll fly with half the ship exposed to space once the inner blast doors close

As far as upgunning it, there are already two outer quadlasers (which must be remotely operated, as I can't see any way to get to them), the chin turret you use on Peragus, and a pair of big honking guns in the upper turret. I'd be satisfied if they unlocked the quadlasers. I'd also like to see the opportunity to assign whatever turret you aren't using to another party member, and then just give us more fighters to shoot to make up for the added firepower.

I'd like to see it actually capable of transporting cargo! Put the npcs in the dormatories where they belong (it would seem that it was originally set up for a crew of 6-12, assuming hot-racking or not, and even at that, you could double the number of beds in each and not need the room you lose) Then add some side missions where they have to earn creds transporting cargo or passengers. Frankly, I feel a bit wierd as a light sider sustaining the party on petty pilferage. I'd rather be able to ignore all the loot left carelessly stowed in locked containers all over the place, let alone the macabre practice of looting every body I come across, and, instead earn the money to purchase whatever I need from merchants.
I'd also like to see some of the other areas normally required for navigation to be manned. Even the MF needed a pilot and co-pilot.
The Ebon Hawk is actually a pretty big ship, or would be if it weren't so full of wasted space.

So, all in all, Give us the EH back, but build it better!

How does the PC get it? How did Reven get it (back), how did the Exile get it? Remember, " there is no co-incidence, there is only the force." :yoink:
 Cygnus Q'ol
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't mind a different ship, but I'd really be surprised if they have one.
The 'Hawk' is a constant of KotOR. They probably won't mess with that.

However, I'd like to utilize the cargo hold better. In KotOR, I crammed my cargo cannisters full of goodies. Perhaps they could make it a sparring area like in TSL, but only this time spar with anyone or perhaps spar as one of your other party members. You know, test 'em out before battles and such.

I donno, it just seemed like such a waste of space.
 JediMaster12
04-07-2006, 12:29 PM
I know, I know. I had to get a mod just to make that space more interesting and it helps but not much. After you empty the secret compartments, you can't do anything else so I'm back at square one, the worst spot to be in. :D
 XI33
04-07-2006, 4:53 PM
Inspired by the *cough* friendly *cough* discussion *cough* *cough* :lol: in the thread: Good KotOR idea. Do you want to stick with the Ebon Hawk, or do you want a new ship?

When i first played kotor 2 and saw the ship i was using was the ebon hawk I was pretty disappointed,because i never realy liked the ebon hawk in the first place. Its easy to get lost in,you cant use any of the smuggling stuff and its a rip off of the melineium falcon and is a complete marketing ploy.

I say they give you a new and improved ship that you have the abbility to pilot yourself. I want it to be an original never before seen deseign. Complete with new features and i want you to have your own custimizable room with the abbility to sleep in it and hang weapons on the wall.

Another thing i want is the abblitiy to interact with other ships. I want the ship not to be basicly a house/teleporter devise.
 shinyjedi
04-07-2006, 6:09 PM
@X133,
Those are good ideas, but they're also ideas that could work well with the Ebon Hawk. If the new episode takes place more than a couple of years after KOTOR2, there is no reason to believe the Hawk might not have had a few refits. Make one of the dormatories into a captain's cabin with the hangable weapons racks along with a bed and etc... Refit the other dorm into something that's more in keeping with shipboard quarterd (more cramped). You can easily double the number of bunks in either of the dorms and still not be more crowded than your average ship. I'd love to have the hawk flyable at least as a mini game. Get rid of those stupid swoop races and give us a gauntlet run in the Hawk and I'll be happy.
 XI33
04-07-2006, 6:20 PM
Yeah the ebon hawk might not be so bad if it was seriouly upgraded. But i would prefer a more original design
Page: 4 of 4