Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ebon Hawk versus Another Ship

Page: 3 of 4
 harwai
12-15-2005, 3:50 PM
thank you for the welcome
and thanks for the information
:)
 RobQel-Droma
12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
The Hawk sucks.

Wel- Wait... You've posted that same thing before. :)
 harwai
12-16-2005, 6:40 AM
The Hawk sucks.
care to say why?
 JediMaster12
12-16-2005, 10:17 AM
The Hawk sucks.

*Gets lightsaber out*

You are lucky I won't cut you to pieces. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE HAWK!!
 Rain128
12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
the Hawk rules, but im geting a little weary about it ... i mean come on, how meany times has it been shot down blown up and crashed?!?
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 8:51 PM
the Hawk is a pretty cool ship, but it reminds me of the Falcon. I dont mind sticking with it, but I'd rather this one have a new ship, and maybe the PC crosses paths with Atton and the ship throughout the game.
 The Doctor
12-17-2005, 9:33 PM
The Hawk sucks.

But only on weekends, and not for free.

There is nothing wrong with the Ebon Hawk, in my opinion. I love it, personally.
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Mega Kudos to you Doctor! For this I give you eleven out of ten! Absoloodle!
 RobQel-Droma
12-21-2005, 1:51 PM
But only on weekends, and not for free.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

1000+ cool points, Doctor! Couldn't have said it better myself. :giggle1:
 PoiuyWired
12-22-2005, 8:11 PM
Well, if there is anything I would like to see for the 'Hawk it would be:
1) Medical Workstation in sickbay.
2) Maybe a souped up engine that does not do down 10 times more than MF.
3) Some real beds for sleeping (... charging up the landing ramp?)

Ok, I would hate to see if they replace the 'Hawk with another ship, like the Purple pimpish Ebon Ewok as mentioned above.
 RobQel-Droma
12-22-2005, 9:37 PM
Ok, I would hate to see if they replace the 'Hawk with another ship, like the Purple pimpish Ebon Ewok as mentioned above.

Ebon Ewok. :lol: Now that is just funny. :)
 Ransom
12-26-2005, 7:02 AM
hay i thort that that the Ebon Hawk was distroyed on Malacor V
 a_nazgul
12-26-2005, 8:50 PM
I killed Bastila in KotOR I, and she appears in II, so I dont see a problem there.

I want to customize the ship!!!!
 Darth Windu
12-27-2005, 4:19 AM
If you play LS in KotOR2, the Hawk flys into the Unknown Regions at the end, so no, it's not destroyed.
 The Doctor
12-27-2005, 8:55 AM
Even if it was destroyed, the ship could be the EBon Hawk II, or Ebon Hawk A, or something like that. THE HAWK RULES!!!:urpdude:
 Ransom
12-30-2005, 4:37 AM
Even if it was destroyed, the ship could be the EBon Hawk II, or Ebon Hawk A, or something like that. THE HAWK RULES!!!:urpdude:

yeah a upgraded Ebon Hawk would be good
 JediKnight707
12-31-2005, 1:12 AM
I like the Hawk, and it seems to me that it has to stay, but it's OK with me if they get a different room.
 The Doctor
12-31-2005, 1:22 PM
Another ship would suck, and this time for free. The Ebon Hawk is to Star Wars like the TARDIS is to Doctor Who - it never changes.
 Sith_Reven
12-31-2005, 2:22 PM
The hawk is like my home away from home if I dare go that far. It could use some changes and the character could have personal quarters with a bed like fable perhapse except on the ship of course. They could make it a bit bigger. ----Add a high def screen and some lay-z-boys maybe. Just kidding, I won't even go there.
 SOCR
12-31-2005, 5:34 PM
i believe piloting a capitol ship IS possible in the game. Actually, very easily done.

Recap for those who havent read the hand of thrawn series.

'Dark Force' was a fleet of 200(+?) dreadnaughts, all slaved to a master ship. Everything was automated down to the maintenance. If i remember right, the fleet lasted over 50 years, and still functioned. (of course, when they were found, some ships got stolen, others destroyed, etc etc etc)

The ship replacing the Ebon Hawk could have all its systems slaved to the bridge or a command center (like G0T0's yacht supposedly) and maybe T3 could be in charge of the droid systems. All commands could be imput to the bridge, and it would only need a crew of 4-9 depending on size. I believe a star-destroyer sized ship would need maybe 12 crew members on this system. This would be awesome, for those who want space battles, maybe a small wing of starfighters could be on board and you and your crew can pilot them, whiile your big mean capitol ship blows the enemy to iddy bitty chunks. Watch for the bombers! another cool idea would be to have certain areas do certain things, and if those areas are destroyed in the space battles, then you cant use them anymore!

Maybe you get to bring the hawk aboard sometime, like inbetween the second to last and last level of KOTOR1
 RobQel-Droma
12-31-2005, 10:33 PM
But why? You aren't a Republic/Sith Admiral trying to assault Coruscant, you are just a small band of galaxy saviours/conquerers. So why would you go clunking around in a capital ship, especially if most of the time you are trying to keep a low profile? Besides, it is completely away from the style of the other games- it just doesn't fit in KotOR. We aren't playing Empire at War, you know. :)

Just like The Doctor wisely said: The Hawk is part of KotOR, if not all of Star Wars. Luke didn't go zooming around in a super star destroyer, did he? Of course, Darth Vader did. But in that case, perhaps near the end of the game, if you have taken over the Sith as Darth someone you could have a capital ship. But for all of us others, who would be alienated from the game, the Hawk needs to be there. Even if you could destroy it if you really want- it just needs to be in there, at least as an option.

As far as making it work, droids cost money. As does a capital ship. As does programs designed to keep the droids running. Add this to repairs, to damage from pirates and Sith warships all coming to attack your huge and very obvious ship- you better have a lot of money. Come on, you obviously aren't going to start the game with a capital ship, are you? And not given to you either, that would just be stupid.
 jmac7142
01-02-2006, 8:46 PM
I think the Ebon Hawk needs to be re-done, for instance it needs more levels or rooms, just to have something different in the game.
 han sala
01-02-2006, 9:13 PM
Use a ship like in Austin Powers... But I don't care that much :P
 AnakinSolaris
01-04-2006, 9:57 AM
Ideally, I would like a new ship. Expanded Ebon Hawk isn't really feasible, unless it turned into the Tardis or something.

However, it is not an element of the game that really bothers me that much, to be honest I don't really care either way.

I would prefer the Ebon Hawk if the devlopers put the time that would have gone into designing a new ship into improving the plot and dialogue of the game, as that matters infinitely more IMHO.
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 11:26 AM
It's a keeper, and no modding it, DEFINITELY no:

- Spoilers,
- Neon lights, interior or exterior,
- Alloy Hyperdrive,
- Bright colours,
- Decoration
- Tinsel
- Fake alloy wheels,
- Posters of Betty Boop.
 han sala
01-04-2006, 5:44 PM
It's a keeper, and no modding it, DEFINITELY no:

- Spoilers,
- Neon lights, interior or exterior,
- Alloy Hyperdrive,
- Bright colours,
- Decoration
- Tinsel
- Fake alloy wheels,
- Posters of Betty Boop.

Don't forget about the squishy chairs with the pink fluffy bunnies on it. Oh and the storage room with a wordrobe with shirts that say "Im with stupid" and " I really wish I wern't on this planet right now." :p
 Jeremia Skywalk
01-04-2006, 5:59 PM
I just am too used to it, completing the 2nd part of game for more than 30 times, (realy, or even more) i just cannot imagine that kotor could go with any other ship.
 Darth InSidious
01-04-2006, 6:34 PM
Don't forget about the squishy chairs with the pink fluffy bunnies on it. Oh and the storage room with a wordrobe with shirts that say "Im with stupid" and " I really wish I wern't on this planet right now." :p
And dice. Big, pink, fluffy dice are right out.
 RobQel-Droma
01-05-2006, 4:37 PM
And no Twi-Lek attendants, either. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that.
 The Source
01-05-2006, 6:56 PM
I would stick with the Hawk; however, I would fix it up a bit. In KotOR II, the cargo bay was empty. They should do something with this space. Add equipment storage, etc... Like Han and the Millenium Falcon, I want to keep my version of. "The Fastest Ship in the Galaxy"... Hehehe... :)
 JediMaster12
01-09-2006, 4:12 PM
Kudos to you MacLeodCorp. The Hawk should stay the way it is. The Cargo space could be improved with canisters like in KOTOR 1
 Rexraptor2000
02-16-2006, 8:05 PM
The Ebon Hawk should be built upon as a frigate class vessal.
 Lord_Andre
02-17-2006, 6:19 AM
Chainz and Vladimir are right these modifications should be made.The Hawk is a unique ship,the one whos playing the game would enjoy these modifications
and he will play it more than 30 times.I played Kotor2 30 times until i got boring without mods.
 MachineCult
02-17-2006, 6:57 AM
The Ebon Hawk should be built upon as a frigate class vessal.
What?
 Point Man
02-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Look, everyone is missing the point. You have to have the Ebon Hawk in K3 because you have to unlock the navicomputer to figure out where Revan went in the Unknown Regions. Hasn't anyone heard of foreshadowing? :wedge:
 JediMaster12
02-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Yes we have because Kreia gives us an earful on the Trayus Academy, at least to those that have played the game.
 igyman
02-17-2006, 3:52 PM
If you get a new character, then you should get a new ship, too. Your main quest in the game could be to track down the Ebon Hawk and once you find it you use it to get to the True Sith.

If you do get the Ebon Hawk for the third time, then there better be a good explanation on how you got it, not like in TSL where there was no explanation at all.
 Point Man
02-17-2006, 10:46 PM
If you do get the Ebon Hawk for the third time, then there better be a good explanation on how you got it, not like in TSL where there was no explanation at all.
I'll give you that one. I did not like the lack of explanation about where the Ebon Hawk came from. I also hated the lack of explanation about how it came to rescue the Exile at the destruction of Trayus Academy. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief if there is a reason given, but come on, give me a reason.
 MachineCult
02-18-2006, 6:03 AM
Two things that have to be in all KOTOR games, the two Droids, and the Ebon Hawk. Especially seeing as they change everything else.
 The Source
02-18-2006, 10:43 AM
How about a version of the Millenium Falcon. :)
 igyman
02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Two things that have to be in all KOTOR games, the two Droids, and the Ebon Hawk. Especially seeing as they change everything else.

Aren't those three things? (Seriously now, I agree that the droids , especially HK-47, must be in KoTOR 3, as for the Hawk, I already said what I think of that.)

How about a version of the Millenium Falcon.

Well, the Ebon Hawk IS KoTOR's Millenium Falcon, but if you're thinking of a ship that actually looks a lot like the Falcon, then definitely not. This is 4000 years before the movies, things shouldn't look the same as they did there, everything should look different, from the droids (who already look different), to space ships.
 Reclaimer
02-23-2006, 3:26 PM
I think we should keep the Hawk, cause it's a big thing now and it would mean a side story on it's disappearence.
 JediMaster12
02-25-2006, 12:04 AM
I guess what really bugs people's minds on this is how do we account for getting the Hawk again. I'm sure there are a hundred possible senarios and heck, I wouldn't mind hearing them all. As a loyal fan to the Hawk, I saw stick with it.
 Darth InSidious
02-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Simple. We don't have a new PC :)
 igyman
02-25-2006, 12:32 PM
You're absolutely right about that one. But which of the two old characters would you use for K3 (personally, I'd like Revan)?
 JediMaster12
02-26-2006, 10:47 PM
But then Revan could be dead. Maybe the Ebon Hawk could be stuck on a world and the new PC is a native of that world. That was one possibility I just thought of.
 Nuitari_28
03-11-2006, 5:38 AM
Ok so the hawk stays but i think it needs a new paintjob it looking a bit trashed up at the moment what with crashing into every moving object and maybe a few upgrades.

However maybe we might get to play in another ship, we have done in both games such as the ship in the beggining of the first game and the something or rather later on in the game. Maybe we might experience a few other ships maybe not just as levels or places to go but as a transport device a few times.
 Ztalker
03-11-2006, 7:03 AM
I agree with Nuitari.

If it keeps looking like this, the True Sith won't be defeated unless they laugh themselevs to death. Maybe add some more weapons/cool stuff, and make it more a warship instead of a freighter.
 †Saint_Killa†
03-11-2006, 7:46 AM
Warships are good but controlling the warship is what i can't comprehend.

I wouldn't want to control it's turrets though. A warship has tons of turrets.
 Rexraptor2000
03-11-2006, 8:28 AM
That's why you have a large crew.
Page: 3 of 4