Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Requests Thread (#3)

Page: 6 of 8
 Darth333
02-17-2005, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by Darkkender
So unless they deleted it for PC and left a bunch of other treasures for us it may actually be there. If I find it I might try to tackle it.
the quest using another area....
 Darkkender
02-17-2005, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
the quest using another area....

:confused: I'm feeling really lost here now as to what you're trying to tell me or quote me on. Does the fabled HK factory use a different area or does it use an existing one?:confused:

If I need to create it from scratch throw me a bone and let me know please.
 AuroraJenkins
02-18-2005, 12:05 PM
For TSL: I've started putting together dialogue clumps and adding in things to better explain what goes on/what happens to your party members. I've noticed that multiple people have expressed interest in working on this. I would greatly appreciate the help of people who have experience modding to put this together. This is, I suspect, not a job for one single person: we need teamwork! In other words, I can't handle it alone, and I'd be surprised if anyone could.

Please contact me in PM or on irc.gamesurge.net, where I'll have the nick Aurora or Auroura.
 TheMonsterOfTheIsland
02-18-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't know whether or not this has been requested or not, but I think that someone should make a missle launcher/bazooka that would either act like Mira's missle launcher or just fire unlimited explosive or plasma rockets.
 Oddball_E8
02-18-2005, 3:53 PM
maby unlimited would be a bit over the top... but certainly a launcher should be included... one with a magazine or multiple barrels...

maby in the style of the flecette launcher...
 Keneth
02-18-2005, 11:26 PM
I'd like to see a mod that allows you to kill some of the party members (or let them kill eachother) like in KotOR because some of them are seriously getting on my nerve and have no real connection to the story anyway (like Disciple or Hanharr)
 Lord Radu IVX
02-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Hello all, first of all i'm new, more like a noob but anyways, i have been searching for the mandalorian armor (the suit with the mask intergated), the one the mandalorians wore on Dxun, i tried to find it using the 'giveitem' option through the console, i do have the full items list, and tried every armor named 'Mandalorian ...' but no luck, can someone say for sure if the armor is in game or not? If it's not is someone kind enough to make me a mod for KoToR 2 so i can wear it? Please help.
 Drakonnen
02-19-2005, 4:19 AM
Hey all. Been reading the forums for a few days and finally decided to join when I noticed there was some confusion over whether or not you could legally use content from KOTOR1 for import to KOTOR2.

I'm fairly certain you can use that material, as Bioware and Obsidian don't factor into the equation. Although the games were produced and distributed by the two different companies, in association with LucasArts, if you read the End User License Agreements, the games and all their components are the sole property of LucasArts, not Bioware or Obsidian.

Besides, from a practical business standpoint, they'd never lift a finger against anyone doing such because modders are the ones who help keep people interested, playing and continuing to buy their unfinished products making them more likely to buy the sequels as well. Although I could see a slight potential problem with porting TSL material to KOTOR1, which sorta helps to discourage people from getting the new one, but the reverse is hardly true from KOTOR1 to TSL. You're supporting LucasArts' cash flow, after all, and I'm sure they know it.

I for one would love to see the heads ported from KOTOR1 to TSL, along with updates for all the fantastic mods out there for KOTOR1 that I've already seen.

(I really can't wait to see some of them cause I'm so annoyed with the current TSL content that I've halted playing midway through until more mods are out.)
 Lucied
02-19-2005, 5:44 AM
can anybody change kreia to look like her dark self the wholetime instead of her normaly robe u know with the black robe and black eyes i liked it better
 Saturnine
02-19-2005, 6:17 AM
A mod that would replace all darkside textures with lightside textures would be nice, and probably quite easy to do if someone has patience to do some renaming, not that I would know much about modding TSL. :|

I'm seriously getting tired of that no matter what face I pick, my character always turns into a retarded walking corpse. Only alternative would be to succumb to the weakness and pathetic morals of the light side or remain a grey jedi. :(
 Xcom
02-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Saturnine
I'm seriously getting tired of that no matter what face I pick, my character always turns into a retarded walking corpse. Only alternative would be to succumb to the weakness and pathetic morals of the light side or remain a grey jedi. :(

Actually, I've been annoyed by that too. Maybe I'll look into this (unless someone gets there first).
Anyways, would you like that for ALL characters or only for your created character?
 Darth333
02-19-2005, 2:47 PM
Originally posted by Xcom
Actually, I've been annoyed by that too. Maybe I'll look into this (unless someone gets there first).
Anyways, would you like that for ALL characters or only for your created character?

Actually that's pretty easy to do: didn't really looked at it but in Kotor 1 it was just a matter of opening up heads.2da and copy/paste the contents of the first column into the other colums
 Xcom
02-19-2005, 6:30 PM
Yep, that will work, but strictly personally, I'd rather leave 2da intact (for something more important) and just rename textures. Also, some characters have evil bodies as well (Eg: handmaiden) so that means appearance.2da tweaking as well. :(
 RayMKIII
02-19-2005, 6:53 PM
I wanted a mod of KotOR That lets you use more attribute and feat points in the character creation... maybe like 5 more attribute and another feat... Also, that lets you get 1 or 2 attribute points every level up, I really dont like the small amount you get by default. And as more feat points for level up, 1 per level for all classes and 2 every other level. I just think doing this would make it a LITTLE better, because people would be a lot better at things than this game portrays, I was disapointed with the level limit and such low skills. Anyway, please notify me if someone does get this done, I dont check forums often... *apologizes* Thanks for taking the time to read this... :explode: :lsduel: :newbie: :chop1: :whip1:
 Saturnine
02-19-2005, 8:39 PM
Originally posted by Xcom

The main character would be just enough for me, since I don't really like the sidekicks anyway. But I guess some people would want them to remain pretty too. :o
 aluuannn
02-19-2005, 11:16 PM
REquesting: Darth nilihus sound set
 Darth Smaug
02-20-2005, 1:32 AM
care to make a Darth Maul skin for TSL??:)
 master geo
02-20-2005, 11:02 AM
omg, after all this time reading these forums, im finaly making my 1st post :) heres a few mod ideas that ive thought up, if any1 has the time to do em.

1. mandalore armour from kotor 2 for canderous in the original game and also maybe reskin mandalore into candarous in kotor 2 with his armour unequipable. (should be simple i think, but i dont know anything lol)

2. how about an equipable darth niklous mask (think thats how its spelt). i was a bit disapointed when i picked it off of his body and found it was unequipoble and only incresed my stats a bit. maybe make it a full face mask, sort of like vaders, just give it a fitted back, if you get what i mean.

also can somebody please tell me if the mods for kotor1 work on kotor 2, obviously i understand that the new location mods may have problems, but what about armour and weapons.

o yeah before i forget is the cheat console opend up in the same way as in kotor 1 (enablecheats=1, or whatever it was)

sorry if this is a bit long :D
 Bobo
02-20-2005, 4:28 PM
In Star Wars Galaxies, jedi have this looting ability that is called luck, and it makes their pickups much better.

can someone make the loot of containers, corpses, and all that be alot better?
 Lucied
02-20-2005, 4:29 PM
still want the long hair head to be made to look echani
 Kharkon
02-20-2005, 5:38 PM
how about a mod for kotor1 heads?
 Xcom
02-20-2005, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by Lucied
still want the long hair head to be made to look echani

which one? There are two of them (unless you're talking about original KOTOR) : the dude with the beard and the other guy who looks like a Native American.

BTW.. this is very easy reskin. The bearded guy already looks like echani when he's darksided (except his skin is also white).
 Juha Avery
02-21-2005, 5:33 AM
I need someone to retexture the hair of one head to white, same like handmaidens hair.

I tried it myself put i cant get it work so now im aksing osmeone else to do it for me, the job would take approximately 3 minutes to do.

PM me if you have 3 minuts of spare time.
 Lucied
02-21-2005, 6:22 AM
the guy who looks native american
 WarlordAlpha
02-21-2005, 11:39 AM
dialogue when you want to buy/sell and construct/deconstruct stuff......... I just don't need the game asking for confirmation every time i try to barter with stuff above certain values. especially annoying when you are trying to sell/buy multiples of the same item. just wondering if anyone can do this or not really.
 90SK
02-21-2005, 4:14 PM
Here's a mod I REALLY want to see. PUT LONNA VASH BACK IN THE GAME (all the sounds are there:rolleyes: ). I have no idea why they cut her, but its a damn shame, and I'd like to see what she has to say.
 Jennaida
02-21-2005, 7:16 PM
I'm hoping this is simple, might not be, though. I've heard that in a DS Game, you can loot the Jedi Masters when you kill them.

That's nice, but it screws us who're playing Light Side, just a little bit. Any chance that can be fixed?

I was hoping that the bodies on Dantooine after Kreia kills the masters to 'protect' you from punishment, were lootable objects. Are they considered containers in the code? If so, we should be able to loot cool LS stuff off them, after Kreia force drains them.

Any chance that can be modded to be the case?
 maverick187
02-21-2005, 7:45 PM
@ C. Skye

What sounds? sounds of her on Korriban?? if so where'd you find them? I want to listen to 'em
 reiella
02-22-2005, 1:28 AM
Originally posted by Jennaida
I'm hoping this is simple, might not be, though. I've heard that in a DS Game, you can loot the Jedi Masters when you kill them.4

The lootable Jedi Masters are the ones you meet before you get to Dantooine. You get a couple items, but the big thing is the Lightsabre item drop you get anyway.
 90SK
02-22-2005, 2:26 AM
Originally posted by maverick187
@ C. Skye

What sounds? sounds of her on Korriban?? if so where'd you find them? I want to listen to 'em

The path is

SWKotOR2 > StreamVoice > 802 > vash01
 Saturnine
02-22-2005, 3:48 AM
Would it be technically possible to make a mod that would let you skip Peragus and Telos? I'm sick of those places, especially since playing without lightsabre is boring, yet it doesn't feel 'right' to cheat one. >_<
 Damar Stiehl
02-22-2005, 5:09 AM
Would it be possible for someone to create a custom retexture for the bald white PC with the soul patch? I'm looking for a completely bald head (without hair stubble) and a dark goatee. I'm absolutely no good at creating believable-looking hair.
 Xcom
02-22-2005, 9:04 AM
Originally posted by Lucied
the guy who looks native american

That's out of my league (somebody with artistic skills required).

That guy's hair are almost completely black which means simple increase of brightness/levels (=my level of expertise) won't work well.
 k3rizz3k
02-22-2005, 12:39 PM
A. Simple here.. I'd like bastilas head for my main charactor.
as in good/nuetral bastilas head from kotor1. In fact a whole skin would be nice if possible, as it would look different on a new body. (of course female :P If it has to be class specific, I'll be making female Jedi Guardian)

B. Influence dialogs for easy influence? (not sure if it can be done)
(I saw in kotor1 that someone made a mask that did something (cant remember) but it was along the lines of having perfect persuade I believe.. so this leads me to believe it is possible to maybe make a mask that gives influence while talking to someone, but of course it may be hard.

C. Modify or or create another dancers outfit (nar shadda hutt dance) to have defense.. like 12 or so :D

D. make hk47 be able to hold melee weapons. (should be possible)

Thank you for your time

Oh, and someone else mentioned a darth nithious mask that anyone can wear.. just for looks :c3po:
 The Lone Badger
02-22-2005, 1:27 PM
A mod that makes the Zeison Sha Initiate Armour look like the Light Combat Suit or Cinnagar War Suit would be cool. I want to wear the jedi armors, but their current graphics look crappy. Just changing them to look like one of the existing armors would be great.

Also, if Redhawke would update his Bastila Clothing for Female PCs mod for TSL that would really really rock.
 Xcom
02-22-2005, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by k3rizz3k
B. Influence dialogs for easy influence? (not sure if it can be done)
(I saw in kotor1 that someone made a mask that did something (cant remember) but it was along the lines of having perfect persuade I believe.. so this leads me to believe it is possible to maybe make a mask that gives influence while talking to someone, but of course it may be hard.

You might wanna check out my Mind Probe (http://www.pcgamemods.com/10498/)
 Darkkender
02-22-2005, 3:13 PM

D. make hk47 be able to hold melee weapons. (should be possible)

Unfortunately this is something that currently is not possible. The reason is HK's model does not have the animations for weilding melee weapons. As of yet this is one of the many things we have been unable to have any break throughs with in KOTOR. I must admit though I eagerly await the day that somebody breaks this boundary for us.
 90SK
02-22-2005, 4:20 PM
Originally posted by Saturnine
Would it be technically possible to make a mod that would let you skip Peragus and Telos? I'm sick of those places, especially since playing without lightsabre is boring, yet it doesn't feel 'right' to cheat one. >_<

I think it is possible, sort of. But it would majorly screw up the game. I suggest you just do a save at the Telos Academy and then use KSE to change your PC head. Every time you wish to start a new game, just load up that save.
 90SK
02-22-2005, 4:22 PM
Originally posted by The Lone Badger
A mod that makes the Zeison Sha Initiate Armour look like the Light Combat Suit or Cinnagar War Suit would be cool. I want to wear the jedi armors, but their current graphics look crappy. Just changing them to look like one of the existing armors would be great.

What exactly do you mean? Like, a re-skin?
 The Lone Badger
02-22-2005, 4:31 PM
Originally posted by C. Skye
What exactly do you mean? Like, a re-skin?

I don't know much about KoTOR editing, but somewhere there must be an line in the object entry for Zeison Sha armour that links it to the Zeishon Sha graphic. I would like to change that line so that instead it points to the graphic for the Light Combat Suit (or similar), so that when you are wearing the Zeishon Sha armor, graphically you appear to be wearing something else.
 kbned
02-22-2005, 5:00 PM
if anyone's got the time and knows how, a dialog mod for pazzak players would be cool. basicly when you lose you get a dialog option to call em a cheater and have the game count the loss as a win. i just lost to a guy when i had 20 and he had 11, for some reason he can use cards that say 0 on them that subtract a lot and when he fills up the entire set he wins no matter what i have. a choice to kill him or take his money would be cool.
 DarthRevan2102
02-22-2005, 6:43 PM
would it be possible to change every planet to be like the planet after the leviathon... like... your last planet before the unknown planet is always slightly different once you realize your Revan... could the game be changed to make every planet throughout the game be like it would be if it were your last planet?
 90SK
02-22-2005, 7:03 PM
^^^
;)

In the sense that more people know you are Revan?

No. Not without some major dialogue edits. Its possible to switch the Leviathan scrip to trigger after Dantooine, though (I think).
 Darkkender
02-22-2005, 7:15 PM
I don't know much about KoTOR editing, but somewhere there must be an line in the object entry for Zeison Sha armour that links it to the Zeishon Sha graphic. I would like to change that line so that instead it points to the graphic for the Light Combat Suit (or similar), so that when you are wearing the Zeishon Sha armor, graphically you appear to be wearing something else.

Have you checked out my release of the Segan Wyndth Armor for TSL at pcgamemods.

[TSL]Segan Wyndth Armor & Jedi Armors (http://www.pcgamemods.com/10524/)

If I recall the Original Segan Wyndth armor was based off of the Cinnagar War Suit. I could be wrong about which armor it was based off of. However my mod allows you to build 8 different colored versions of the Jedi armor and a underlay and overlay in the armor section of the workbench. You just need to be level 10 and have a 15+ persuade to build any of it.
 The Lone Badger
02-22-2005, 7:54 PM
Sounds good - BTW you'll need to fix the tags on your screenshot link - BBcode doesn't work in HTML. I'm downloading it now to see what it's like in-game.

Edit: Ok, downloaded it and it looks GREAT! :thumb: . Only.... defence 10? :eek: . If you could produce a variant that's closer to existing stats (defence ~4) that would be wonderful, otherwise I guess this is as good a time as any to figure out how to edit stats.
 Darkkender
02-22-2005, 8:15 PM
Sounds good - BTW you'll need to fix the tags on your screenshot link - BBcode doesn't work in HTML. I'm downloading it now to see what it's like in-game.

Edit: Ok, downloaded it and it looks GREAT! :thumb: . Only.... defence 10? :eek: . If you could produce a variant that's closer to existing stats (defence ~4) that would be wonderful, otherwise I guess this is as good a time as any to figure out how to edit stats.

Well as far as editing the test at pcgamemods goes I can't exactly do that. One of the drawbacks to hosting there is the inability to directly edit the text description of your mods. At least for now.

As to adjusting the stats on the Armor I only slightly tweaked it from Chainz.2da's original armor. I personally am a fan of armor's that have defenses like that of an armor and not of a robe.:p
 Darth n00b
02-23-2005, 2:06 AM
From the first moment I saw Bao-Dur I couldn't stop thinking how cool it would have been to colur his face black and red like Maul!
He alredy have som Tatto thingies in his face so it wouldn't take to long...

Also, is it posibule to use KotOR II stuff in KotOR I and virce versa?
 k3rizz3k
02-23-2005, 2:38 AM
Anyone done a lightside bastila skin?
I miss playin as her =/
 T7nowhere
02-23-2005, 3:13 AM
Anyone done a lightside bastila skin?
I miss playin as her =/

Bastila's model is in the game. You can use KSE to change your player model to hers.
 k3rizz3k
02-23-2005, 5:16 AM
o.O TY! :D

Anyone thoguht of the dancers outfit with defense?
Page: 6 of 8