Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Sounds

Page: 1 of 1
 jojobob
07-25-2004, 3:24 PM
i'm having a problem with replacing some sounds. i recorded blaster sounds directly from the movie and converted it to an mp3. then i made the pk3 replacing

sounds/weapons/blaster/fire.mp3
sounds/weapons/blaster/alt_fire.mp3

the file had all the proper paths. then when i play the game, i shoot, and no sound comes out at all. the recorded ones are pretty loud too. it doesn't work in JO or JA. does anyone know the problem?
 razorace
07-25-2004, 4:58 PM
It's almost certainly in the wrong sampling rate.
 jojobob
07-25-2004, 11:29 PM
well...
i'm not much of a sound person so i have no idea what you mean. is there a way to change this sample rate? if so, what is the outcast/academy sample rate.
 razorace
07-25-2004, 11:55 PM
I honestly don't know what sampling bit rates are supported by JKA. Just open one of them up in a sound player like winamp. There's normally information on the bit rate somewhere.

And I assume you can chagne the bit rate with some sort of sound editor or compressor.
 Fracman
07-26-2004, 6:06 AM
Just the standard sound sample rates... for simple sounds 11025Hz or 22050Hz mono.

Open the console and check if there are error messages.
You also can try to play the sound from the console:
play soundname
 redsaurus
07-26-2004, 9:16 AM
44.100kHz is the sampling rate for JA, I think :)
 jojobob
07-26-2004, 2:35 PM
i checked in winamp and the sample rate is 32kbps and 22khz. How can i make it 44?

Edit: also, i just went in the console and did the play sound command and it game me an error saying it's on the wrong sampling rate and that it needs to be 44100
 jojobob
07-26-2004, 4:36 PM
ok, i got it working now, there was an option in the recording program to set the sample rate when i record so i recorded again, converted again, and got it working. thx for your help
Page: 1 of 1