Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

BETA TEST: Bast Castle SIEGE

Page: 2 of 5
 redsaurus
03-11-2004, 3:03 PM
It's probably a bit late, but if you need any more beta testers, can I please help?
I live in the UK, to give you an idea of when I could test.
 Lightning
03-11-2004, 3:07 PM
Great map and really big.:D i didn't find any big things only little stuff like the droids and the no being a X on the objectives # when you finish it. And the bacta looks like it's way over it's keeping qualities.:rolleyes:
 monsoontide
03-11-2004, 3:23 PM
Mongo05 - can you please turn the guns back on on the server... They're one of the features I need tested!!! :)

Thanks to everyone I played against thismorning!
Now you may have realized the reason this map desperately needs play testing/balancing!

If anyone has any questions they need to ask, PM me straight away!
 Andy867
03-11-2004, 3:59 PM
Well, right now I am currently uploading the zip to my web space and the link will be

http://videostrategy.jediknight.net/comic/video/siege_bastcastle1.zip)

and the server ip (6person server) is

24.217.133.29:29071
 ace_rogue1
03-12-2004, 2:40 AM
hey ONE Mushroom can u lower the max ping on your server cuz it always has "server for low pings" message appear when i wanna test on the ONE server

ok bug time...
(1) Luke with two lightsaber stance. I noticed after being kyle katarn (heavy weaps) that when i changed to luke (jedi) he still had kyles two saber stance! This is fixed when you press saber stance buton and luke returns to normal 1 saber stances and does not retain the two saber stance.

(2) Invisible switches. As some would have figured out by now (I hope) the only way to summon elevators to you is by being at entrance to elevator and pressing the use button. It's not really a big problem, but its not user-friendly, especially for first time players of the map. I recommend ether adding switches next to the elevators, or have auto-summon elevators, though its your choice

My other problem is not really a bug, but just something i noticed. Although i havent played this map with any other testers yet, i have noticed that the areas where controls to vaders meditation chamber, bridge activation etc are, the walkways are very thin on the outer ring of the levels, and i noticed that this area is goig to be very annoying for games where multiple people encounter each other here. As there are no handrails to stop yourself accidently falling into the "damage" area at the bottom of the pit, people will simple be annoyed of falling into the pit and dieing even whn not fighting, and they simply lag for a moment. Now consider that when people battle in this area, the changes off lag will increase and many peope will probably die when they believed they were safe....
ummm..sorry for rambling...need to learn how to make it short and sweet.

Also monsoontide i find that although the Assault classes have nice guns :p , concerning balancing, i doubt many people will see an advantage of using the Assault classes as they have no resistance to enemy force powers and only have force jump 1, but i cant realy tell how this will work out in a proper game, so...

ANYWAY that problem isn't much, and i LOVE this map and the fps is great, so i cant wait to REALLY test this out with a proper siege match
 monsoontide
03-12-2004, 3:59 AM
The switch/power room was a recent addittion - combining two redundant areas into one more interesting area so it still needs more adjustments (Hence BETA) ;)

I admit the lifts thing takes getting used to. May make some "switches" though they won't do anything since I need the func_brushes elsewhere

As for the assault teams, Jan has a cloaking device and the Noghri is the fastest player (& quick kickass with that reapeater!)
Both also have Heavy_Melee - which is kind of like double damage melee.

I'm online on one of the servers right now - so if anyone wants a game - now is the time!!

BTW... Where is everyone located (roughly) - so we can organize some matches in accordance with when people will be awake!
 mergatroid
03-12-2004, 5:47 AM
Originally posted by monsoontide

BTW... Where is everyone located (roughly) - so we can organize some matches in accordance with when people will be awake!

I;m in france. :D
 Pahricida
03-12-2004, 7:38 AM
well might have noticed it.

Germany and it's 10:38 AM right now :)
 [ONE]Mushroom
03-12-2004, 7:52 AM
I'm in the UK.

I propose a team game on ONE clanserver at 16:00 GMT Saturday and Sunday. I'll increase the max latency too.

This, I think, will be an excellent map when it is finished.

What I have found so far:

These (http://www.andykerr.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bastcastle/shot0000.jpg) falls are 2D, and significantly aliased in side view.

Sparklies (http://www.andykerr.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bastcastle/shot0001.jpg)

Visually it appears that it is possible to drop down from the shuttle pad to the fuel pump via platforms and pipes. It is not.

Pod engine flame thrower does surprisingly little damage.

Alora has melee and level 3 lightning. This means two handed lightning. Is this what you intended?

The switch room is a major bottleneck. There are two lifts in from below, which could be guarded by demos. I shall test to see if the Sith can spend the whole game camping there, and win.

As ace_rogue1 said, it is easy to fall onto the deadly floor in the switch room.

Is there a way to tell which of the four power nodes for the tractor have been disabled? Otherwise, could they be labelled to make team communication easier?

It is easy to roll through the window over the walkway when trying to get out to the power nodes, and fall to death.

It is not always obvious which lift to take. For example, when descending into the map room there are two lifts down. One leads to the power node area and the rest of the castle, the other to the holocron lab, a dead end. Maybe label lifts to dead ends?
 ace_rogue1
03-12-2004, 8:03 AM
Im in Australia, and its 8:26 pm here now, bout to go to servers now
ill keep looking...
oh and figure out what difference your own locations time is from GMT, then you'll know the times people are talking about, and post what times you are planning to test in GMT and hopefully we can get more people together
 Pahricida
03-12-2004, 8:04 AM
16:00 Gmt is good. that would mean 15:00 PM for me :D
 ace_rogue1
03-12-2004, 8:26 AM
ok testers, use this site http://www.worldtimeserver.com/) to determine your times and such...

...Mushroom with that site i figured that those of us using EST will have to be on at...3:00 am...so i'll probably sit those out, though i might be up for it sat morning, as ill probably be getting home from a party, if its early finish :p

Pahricida get onto the TDS server NOW im on it waiting for someone
 Lightning
03-12-2004, 1:49 PM
Originally posted by [ONE]Mushroom
I'm in the UK.

I propose a team game on ONE clanserver at 16:00 GMT Saturday and Sunday. I'll increase the max latency too.

Sound good but i all way's eat at that time. So i don't know how long you all wil be in the server then but i could be a little late.

Btw those round torture droids (for got the name.) All most never hurt you even if your walking into them. But it did go to you fine. And yes i was a jedi at the time.:rolleyes:
 Alegis
03-12-2004, 2:30 PM
i havent played the map through yet but here are some comments

1) :confused: i played it now for about 40 minutes and still cant figure that good out where's what, i used noclip to scroll around (confused: how to get in that room above the tractor beam thing; what the holocron at the bottom is, and the one at top)

"bugs"

1. No information given in the objectives menu for #6, imperials
2. the holocron tab in objectives has 2 different places? (one given for imp one given for rebels)
3. could be because of a pk3 file in base, but when i loaded the map i got these results

shader "textures/doomgiver/bigpipe1d" and
shader "textures/bespin/botton_off" .. has lightmap but no lightmap stage, i have some missing textures around the first rebel spawn area which are the shield at top and the doors at 2nd floor

and something wrong with
models/player/n1_mst -> animevent.cfg animations
BOTH_GEARS_OPEN (_CLOSE)
BOTH_WINGS_OPEN (_CLOSE) not found or something like that

unknown cmd identity

4. Rebel spawn point 1; the luke falling noise i get when passing floor 2 is irritating and pointless :\
5. difficult to get out the spawn point if you're coming sideways
6. the turbolasers seem to float a bit. story issue: turbo lasers cant even hit starfighters well (they're intended for big targets), they're not supposed to hit moving persons :\
7. The map looks very very weird from the outside (you can see it very well as a castle on a piece of paper and a big box around it), the yellow stuff in the whole map is a bit too bright and the place outside where it drips down, looks awful from a distance (i can provide screenie)
8. In the join menu, Heavy weapons imperial: the name is strange (dark jedi destroyer); and use of some words "this heavy weapons"..."he can.."
9. set normal speed for scout a bit higher

well i will test it later more thorough about the objectives, for balancing issuesi'll have to play it with ppl
 monsoontide
03-12-2004, 4:38 PM
Keep the feedback coming!

Will try and join in some games this weekend!

Alegis - As for #4: If you look into the cell, you'll notice a torture droid torturing a prisoner as you go past :)

#7 THere's not much I can do about that since its a technical issue with the "skybox". If anyone has any ideas on ways to fix this I'm open to suggestions

As for the other things - good spotting. :)
I'm aware of some of the stuff in the menus - I have to get around to finishing it all. - I think the objective icons don't X out 'cos they need a shader.

The turbo lasers were static - but I thought it would be more interesting if they did something! Imagine these small ones are the equivalent of the rebel laser towers in the Hoth Siege map. :)
 Pahricida
03-12-2004, 8:16 PM
http://home.arcor.de/pahricida/shot0000.jpg)

Don't know, wether you did this on purpose.

And there are some lifts where you assigned the underside of the liftbrush with the caulk texture.
 Squee-sithguy
03-12-2004, 9:10 PM
I really like this map, it is a great map. all the bugs mentioned are all the ones i have seen too, exept for when you enter the castle and its like a museum, in the red tube there is an object with a missing texture, just to let you know ;)

so ya, thats it i hope this map turns out great after beta (is that possible? its already so good)
 LukeKatarn
03-12-2004, 9:20 PM
If you want anyone else to help count me in name the server and time.
 monsoontide
03-13-2004, 12:54 AM
Luke Katarn - Join in if you can find a game going. But I must have as much feedback on the GAMEPLAY as possible and all feedback comes to this forum.

Pahricida - Yeah - those pipes are a problem - I can't cap them in radiant - 'cos it does totally wierd things to the caps since the pipes are so small. Not sure what to do there.

Ahh - I notice in your screen shot you've got locations turned on! Can you post how to do that for everyone - it'll make the game considerably easier for those having trouble finding the other players in the map!

I'll be around tonight if anyone wants a game - Between 9pm and 11pm LA Time which is GMT 5am - 7am!!!!! - No wonder no-one is ever around!!!! ;)
 Zappa_0
03-13-2004, 1:21 AM
Hey Monsoontide, if you need anymore people to help out, id would love to give you a hand.
 Mongo05
03-13-2004, 2:33 AM
remember the TDS server... 66.98.176.194
 Squee-sithguy
03-13-2004, 11:48 AM
one other thing i didnt like about this map...mon mothma why is her head used for the emporers head? just asking :snear:
 Pahricida
03-13-2004, 12:14 PM
For Team Overlay View:

Setup -> Game Options -> Draw Team Overlay Status (or smoething like that) ON

and I guess he chose Mon Mothmas Head cause you have to send the Data to the new Republic ... so it would be rather unwise to send it to the Emperor. (who doesn't even live anymore at the time the map plays :D)
 Lightning
03-13-2004, 3:25 PM
Originally posted by Pahricida
For Team Overlay View:

Setup -> Game Options -> Draw Team Overlay Status (or smoething like that) ON

He said locations not team overlay.:rolleyes:
 Pahricida
03-13-2004, 4:00 PM
.... -.-'

Team overlay includes Location

Somehow I can't join the -ONE- Server running the map .. The Server is pure and contains some custom pk3's which I haven't got.
 Alegis
03-13-2004, 4:16 PM
in the locations;
conferance room-> conference room?

there are some incomplete messages like

"the jedi are attacking the upper h"

and it's quite annoying to play the map without "objective complete" messages and sound...annoying as well is that

When you get the holocron at the bottom and want to get to mon monthma's face, i noticed I was out of force (it grows VERY SLOWLY back with a holocron) and could not make the jumps which were necessary to get there

The small lifts up are a problem indeed, almost ALL the switches are there and it's too easy to kill ppl using the lifts
 mastercracker
03-13-2004, 5:06 PM
Why don't you use Language Strings?
That would be better for Translation :D
 Lightning
03-13-2004, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by Pahricida
.... -.-'

Team overlay includes Location

lol didn't know sorry.:rolleyes:
 Squee-sithguy
03-13-2004, 7:15 PM
so....what happened to the server using this map?
 monsoontide
03-13-2004, 7:32 PM
Erm... Who exactly is going to do this translation?

I didn't use language strings cos they're a pain in the arse. It just seems like yet another unecessary extra pain in the arse step/file to do/include. There's already enough stuff to try and get right. Why edit 2 files when I only need to do one. I can see why Raven did it though - it's easier for them to translate one file than lots of others.

The holocron thing is EASILY possible - but yes, you do need to conserve your jumps. I thought it was too easy without the holocron draining your force powers, but that's me playing the map alone. What are everyone else's thought on this?

The map does give objective complete messages - what are you talking about? Or do you mean C3pO's voice?
I actually recorded some custom voiceovers for when the objectives are complete, but I didn't include them to try and keep the file size down.

As far as the other messages go, does anyone know how to insert a "return" into the message so it's on two lines?

Zappo_0 join in if you can find a game.

I saw a game with 6 people playing on the [ONE] server this morning :D but with only a 56K dial-up, it wouldn't let me join. :(

P.S. I'm aware of some of the problems mentioned - but I'd also appreciate input on how to solve them.
One reason for the lift problem is MP lifts are kind of limited in functionality and stairs/ramps are kind of redundant - You'd have to run around so many ramps just to go up to the next floor! The ramps in the switch/power room are already steep enough! (Actually, should I change them to stairs?)
 [ONE]Mushroom
03-14-2004, 3:33 AM
Bugs
===

# CRASH BUG :( When using basejka_pushfix (http://www.pcgamemods.com/4101/) mod, the server crashes when the Jedi attempt to break out. This happened three times out of three tests. The console gives the error message:
TARGET PRINT ERRORS:
activator classname: player
print targetname: escape
ERROR: target_print used in quick succession, fix it! See the console for details.
Sending heartbeat to masterjk3.ravensoft.com
Sending heartbeat to masterjk3.ravensoft.com
ShutdownGame:
------------------------------------------------------------
DROPPED

Pushfix is a very simple mod, compiled with gcc, so
I fear that any (Linux) user mod will cause a crash here.

# Sith get the "The Jedi are hacking upper/lower entry to the h" message when a Sith walks through the door

# In the Star Wars universe, hacking is called slicing :)

# When the Sith deactivate the bridge, the message says that the bridge has been activated. It would be nice to know whether it has been extended or retracted.

# No message for Jedi when ffield over cells is reactivated

# When Sith reactivate cell ffield, the message to the Sith is "The Jedi have broken out of the cell block"

# Falling onto the switch room floor gives the fade out death fall effect (classname trigger_hurt, damage -1). Inappropriate?

# Is it possible to get the rocket launcher? There is a fade out death fall trigger in the way if you try to jump from the below the main door to the hall (and it is otherwise possible to make that jump)

# By the tractor beam power nodes, there is a cushion on only one side. Falling the wrong side can result in death.

# Once a player has entered Anakin's custom JSF, it seems impossible to leave it again

Minor Flaws (debatable)
=================

# The front door to the castle does not open for the Sith - it needs to be either hacked or pushed up.

# There is no message when the Jedi slice Vader's meditation chamber

# It is possible to call lifts back to the top while they are still descending, allowing defenders to hog lifts

# Lower level lava above catacombs is fatal when raised, and non fatal when drained. Inconsistent.

Gameplay
=======

# Getting a full game going requires at least 6 ppl who know the map - and this map seems much harder to learn than Raven's. It takes over a minute to get from the top of the tower to the main hall, assuming no wrong turns.

# It is, in general, too easy to die all on your own. Experienced JK players (not me :)) should not be left on -16 points.

# All (afaics) the lifts drop faster than players fall, making them very dangerous - walk onto one (or jump, or get shot) just after it starts to descend and die.

# Fall damage is (too?) high, although it is possible to drop long distances using Protect.

# The catacombs leading to the holocron are dangerous even without no force regen and ppl trying to kill you. It is also quite a long way to take the holocron. I personally would rather the holocron not drain force.

# Getting through the sickbay can be annoying (esp. with no force regen or <level 3 jump) with 2 lifts to the lower floor and 1 to the perimeter walkway from the switch room.

Suggestions
=========

# Include a walkthrough demo in the pk3 to make it easier to learn

# Add ceilings to the lifts (i.e. make them enclosed rather than a platform) so Sith cannot drop explosives on the heads of climbing Jedi (Protect can work though)

# Make the castle simpler by removing an upper floor (e.g. lose Mothma's head room and use the meeting room instead for transmission), and use the space to spread out the switch room.

# Provide an exterior, non lift route up the castle, at least from below the switch room to above, e.g. ledges on the castle walls. Maybe make it exposed to the turbolasers.

# Provide lifts to go from the sickbay floor to the sickbay perimeter walkway

# Do not allow the Sith to reactivate the ffield over the cells. This can annoy people.

# In the power node area, put a small ledge around the edge of the interior wall so ppl can walk through the windows to the nodes outside. Jumping, ducking, rolling through the window is too common a mistake and always fatal.
 [ONE]Mushroom
03-14-2004, 3:39 AM
Pahricida - there are a number of custom pk3s (http://oneclan.hyperboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&cat=welcome&board=welcome&thread=1078525640&start=) on the server, but they should not stop you joining. We seem to have no trouble in getting random people on. JA can be unreliable sometimes. All I can suggest is that you restart JA and try again.

I'll change the configs to remove the max ping limit when Bast Castle is on.
 monsoontide
03-14-2004, 2:53 PM
Keep it coming!
One more week of testing... Then I'll rework the map, so get those suggestions in!
 monsoontide
03-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Note: Only those testers who actually post feedback in this forum will receive testing credit :) - just trying to encourage you all!
 monsoontide
03-16-2004, 6:06 PM
I've started to implement some of the changes requested & to look at solutions to some of the other problems.
Am working to make progression through the map slightly more linear... (At least initially). So once you've completed an area there won't be any need to return there.
Also will combine the observation deck with the conference room.
There is now a ramp leading directly down from the sith shuttle into the main hall and I've removed the side ramps that used to be the way in.
Working on a way to make the hanger a less redundant area.
Also looking at a way to rework the medical center a bit.

Since no-one seems keen on the Sith Holocron, I'm looking at making that objective slightly different.

Will probably move the power room down a floor and remove the floor, so it'll be just one long drop down into the lava. Aieeeeeeeeeeeee!!! ;)

Not sure what to do about the problem with the lifts.

As for the tractor beam nodes, I'm hoping to make them destructable in some form or other.

Lava will now be drained from a switch elsewhere in the castle in order to make progression more obvious.

Sith spawn points will be activated for every objective "activated" and deactivated when that objective is "completed".

Lifts will be marked with up or down "Switches" - objective lifts will have a red frame (ala the locked door to Darth Vader's chamber)

The fuel pipe objective will be moved into the catacombs...

I've had lots of ideas on how to improve things just that little bit more and streamline gameplay a bit. There are still many problems to solve though and some game-engine restrictions I just can't get around (Such as the limit on the # of function brushes - which is why the lifts are just a single platform)
 Pnut_Man
03-16-2004, 7:20 PM
I definitely would agree with the game play being alot more linear. I felt really ackward running around in a test game with 6 people--having no idea where or what to go to next.

A small question: Does the sith statue near the destroyable wall (on the laval level) have any real purpose?
Also, where is this sith holocron; suppose I haven't found it yet..
 monsoontide
03-16-2004, 8:26 PM
The Sith Holocron is the little pyramid shaped thing you pick up in the sith catacombs in front of the statue and carry up to the little room in the middle of the laboratory - it seems this objective is a bit too obscure for everyone and no-one likes the fact that while holding the holocron, your force power regenerates VERY slowly...
I don't have trouble with it (Don't do flip jumps and you won't use up your force energy!) - but then I made the map! ;)

Don't forget to press "o" (default key) to check your objectives on the map and which ones have been done - it'll help you find your way.

Also I'm intending to make it so the bridge controls are smashed and you'll have to use the emergency ones by climbing about halfway up the pipes below the landing platform to the emergency control panel and thus extending the bridge to the shuttle. This should be the last objective to complete, next to getting in the shuttle - and will trigger all the sith spawn points to move to the landing field.

Now what I'd like to know - Are any of the Characters/Classes to overpowered/Underpowerd?
 Alegis
03-17-2004, 11:50 AM
You can change default speed i think (well it does say speed: 1.00) perhaps a bit faster for the scout (it is a scout after all) like 1.20

Because the rebels have to work from the bottom till the top; demolitia are automaticly more important (remember Korriban, it was impossible first to get trough when the demolitia would spam the stairs. Now it's even upwards) I'd put the demolitia speed down, and this one will take testing with many players: disable push/pull so they cant push weapons back the light jedi pushed to them. Might fix the lift problem (Any thoughts of more ways leading to that room?)

Very nice changes monsoon, no reason to stay at objectives+ spread the objectives more...though bear in mind that the more you spread them, the more the 'minimum players count" increases (you cant defend 2 goals and make sure htey dont get 5 others if you get what i mean)
 monsoontide
03-17-2004, 10:01 PM
I'm going to try and sequence the goals a bit more - so that completing one goal unlocks the next one, though I still want to keep it as non-linear as possible!!!
Have so far reworked the catacombs a bit (Gantrys above lava and fuel pipe switch) and have moved the power/switch room down so the lowest floor is now level with the gantry leading out to the turbo laser tower. (Thus taking out one floor)
There are now three "vents" above the hanger, which when opened, lead down onto the three extended catwalks on the top level of the hanger (The little platforms by the Tie Fighter).

Still a fair ammount of work to do and everything is in flux - so I really need some more feedback/suggestions on the whole thing.

NB: The Sith Noghri has now force powers but a speed of 2.0 and heavy melee.
 Neo_Knight
03-18-2004, 3:39 PM
# Once a player has entered Anakin's custom JSF, it seems impossible to leave it again

mst, use this anakinjsf>
http://www.r-on3.com/other/anakinjsf.pk3)
 mergatroid
03-18-2004, 5:20 PM
I think the force holocron objective is fine (I'm using Monsoon's technique) so I don't tink it a must to be taken off. It might be because I haven't tried it with other players yet though. But I think it's more of a challenge. The only thing I would change is the regeneration speed, maybe a little faster would be better.
 monsoontide
03-18-2004, 6:19 PM
I'm not certain I can change the force regen speed. The effect is either on or off I think. I used to have it off - but then it was too easy and didn't seem like much of a challenge.

Will post some screenshots of some of the changes soon.

I've decided to lower the small turbo lasers down a bit so they can shoot at more stuff. (Since they can't point down).

Will try the jsf you suggested Neo-Knight - though until tested, not sure if it will make a difference.
 Lightning
03-19-2004, 4:03 PM
Originally posted by monsoontide
I've decided to lower the small turbo lasers down a bit so they can shoot at more stuff. (Since they can't point down).

Will you make there lasers a little weaker in that case?
 monsoontide
03-19-2004, 7:02 PM
I may do that, but the whole point with the lasers is to turn them off, so they no longer pose such a threat!

I'm altering the Sith Holocron objective (Pray I don't alter it any further ;) ) So that Instead of taking it from the Catacombs to the lab, you will now take it from the Lab (Where it is being analysed by the Sith) to the catacombs (Where you will now destroy it in the flames). It just makes the gameplay flow a little better.

Also - I'm changing the tractor beam objective. It will now be the four nodes will have to be activated to drain the lava, thus unlocking the sith catacombs (for completion of holocron objective) and fuel pipe/refueling objective.
Also the switch to extend the bridge and now to unlock the Castle's Main Gate is located on a gantry halfway up the landing pad (i.e. you will now HAVE to climb up along the pipes leading from the pump station to get to the switch.

I've managed to get it so the Mon Mothma hologram now appears when that objective is completed.

If this all sounds a bit confusing it won't be. ;)
It basically just means that some of the objectives now have to be completed in a specific order, making things a bit more focused for the players.
 Alegis
03-19-2004, 8:48 PM
sounds awesome monsoontide! You fixed a lot of gameplay issues there.. suggestion, perhaps some signs at the place?
 monsoontide
03-22-2004, 4:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback.
Today is the end of the first beta test.
I've already started incorporating many of the ideas and suggestions you have suggested.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Bridgeswitch.jpg)

This is where the switch is now located to extend the bridge. (Which you now have to do in order to get to the Jedi shuttle landing pad)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Core_01.jpg)
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Core_02.jpg)
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Core_03.jpg)

The newly remodeled switch room/power core, now moved down a level so it's part of the main shaft. Only two switches here now - Open door to turbo laser towwer, and open door to Vader's chamber. (Incomplete - still working on it)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Firepit_01.jpg)

The newly remodeled sith catacombs location for the jedi to destroy the Sith Holocron. You have to force push the big rock aside to open the pit to destroy the holocron.
 monsoontide
03-22-2004, 4:21 AM
The newly reconstructed laboratory level. The lift leading down to this level now has a blue door frame. Here you will pick up the holocron to take down to the firepit for destruction...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Lab_00.jpg)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Lab_01.jpg)

But first you must deactivate the spinning rings by destroying the power nodes (Which currently have the old objective text - hence the tractor beam mention)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Nodes_01.jpg)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Nodes_02.jpg)

Picking up the holocron will now set of the pumps to drain the lava well, at the bottom of which is now located the switch to extend the refueling pipe.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Lavawell.jpg)
 monsoontide
03-22-2004, 4:30 AM
After escaping the cell block, the Jedi team will now break into the hanger via three vents...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Vent_01.jpg)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETA_Vent_02.jpg)

The new ramp into the castle's main hall from the SIth Shuttle landing pad.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/BastBETARamp.jpg)

Plus a whole host of other changes, including Mon Mothma now appearing and speaking after triggering the objective (Rather than her being on all the time), new spawning points and a generally more focused gameplay experience.

Still lots to do though, so it will be up to two weeks before the final BETA.

Anyone still interested can let me know if they want a look at the final beta before release.
 Alegis
03-22-2004, 3:21 PM
Awesome changes! Though one question, you have to destroy a holocron in a substance that's in that pit, but also all around the map? (outside, and inside with the lava pit) doesnt make much sense..it should be more hot in there (or just made there) like LOTR :p

Though since this is an "all objectives in one" map (you can do all obj at a time) and the objectives are now thank god spread out, what do you guess for now is the min. playercount?
 mergatroid
03-22-2004, 4:39 PM
I'll test the final BETA, this map is cool and I want to see all the new changes!:D
Page: 2 of 5