Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hapslash's Improved Stormtrooper

Page: 3 of 5
 DarkLord60
02-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
= Stalling.

oh quit it!
 PK2
02-27-2004, 10:39 PM
I've got a 56k connection and dont care about file size! This is quality! reguardles of size ppl will get it. I've got almost 150 starwars based player models/skins for JO/JA and can't wait to add this to my collection.
 Mex
02-28-2004, 8:22 AM
Originally posted by PK2
I've got a 56k connection and dont care about file size! This is quality! reguardles of size ppl will get it. I've got almost 150 starwars based player models/skins for JO/JA and can't wait to add this to my collection.

See? See? Evidence.
 Mex
02-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Hap : You said you were releasing it tonight or tomorrow, that was two days ago Whats wrong? :(
 keshire
02-28-2004, 12:02 PM
 Mex
02-28-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by keshire
How about a quick addition?

Just a few tags is all.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Feb/20042282740384657628845.jpg)

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Feb/20042284738550616697003.jpg)

Wo-hey-ho-ho? How'd ya do that? I would like to use that with some of the default JA models..
 keshire
02-28-2004, 12:14 PM
OJP code changes to bolt weapons onto a few new tags when not in use. The model will work no matter what but when using OJP you'll see the weapons holstered.

add in a bolt_holster_saber
saber2
blaster
staff
&
launcher

You can put them whever you want the weapons holstered, and weight them to which ever bones you want. It should be obvious how I did it above.
 Mex
02-28-2004, 1:58 PM
I'm no modder so I guess I'll be leaving that. :) Are you going to release a file or something similar so certain models do that?
 Zappa_0
02-28-2004, 3:11 PM
Woah!! Keshire im very impressed, thats really awesome. Is that already in the OJP mod, if not when will you be releasing that? And hapslash I havent forgot about you. Your Sand Trooper looks awesome...any idea when you will release these?
 Infinity Blade
02-28-2004, 6:42 PM
Just a couple of quick points....

1. The model is done. We ran into a few problems which we had to sort out, and then there were a couple issues concerning JO SP and surfaces... but they've already been straightened out. In fact, we have pretty much final pk3's now and Hap's working out submission details (screenshots, readme, etc).

2. Once it's submitted, there's no guarantee that it'll up in a day... or two days. I submitted a model once, and it took WEEKS to get on most sites, and some sites like pcgamemods Never got it put up.

So just try to be patient a little while longer.... we don't need peoples' heads exploding while they wait... :D
 Zappa_0
02-28-2004, 7:10 PM
PCGM.com is a good site to upload files.
 TK-8252
02-28-2004, 7:10 PM
Send it to PCGameMods. You upload it to the site yourself, meaning it's instantly up. JK3Files has been having e-mail problems, and with ShroomDuck's retirement, things are gonna be extra slow there.
 Mex
02-28-2004, 7:25 PM
Send it to PCGameMods. You upload it to the site yourself, meaning it's instantly up. JK3Files has been having e-mail problems, and with ShroomDuck's retirement, things are gonna be extra slow there.

Bah.. Shroom was never very good in charge anyways. Nor is the new administrator IMO... I've had arguements with both. :D

Oh man I can't wait now.. :D So only a few more hours wait now?

Edit: And if you post when you've sent it me and TK will try to contact Eldritch to try and get it up ASAP. :)
 Infinity Blade
02-28-2004, 7:32 PM
I've tried uploading two things to pcgamemods (one being mercenary kyle), and as I said, they never made it online at their site. At the time they were fiddling with server stuff, so it's possible it got "lost" somewhere. I'm just saying things like this can happen at any time.

They're probably much better now, and I'm sure Hap will send it to every site he feels would be a good idea.

I doubt that he'll post it on his own site, as on tripod the bandwidth allowance is being killed by people just visiting it. Posting it there would take it out of commission constantly, and it wouldn't exactly be that great of a download source.... except for the 3 of you who might manage to download it in a 24 hour period. ;)

And as far as it possibly being "just a few hours" now... Hap's looking through screenshots, etc... It'll be sent when it's sent. Alot depends on what happens in a day. Something could come up, or he could be done in a few hours.

Patience is a virtue. :D
 Lathain Valtiel
02-28-2004, 8:16 PM
Say IB, did you ever fix merc kyle for JA? If i'm not mistaken the JO version's left hand is of course wonky..
 Infinity Blade
02-28-2004, 9:02 PM
Well, I haven't really had the time to go back to it yet.... I've been busy with so many things, I mostly just set it aside for awhile.

The issue of the left hand tag converting for JO models is an easy one to remake into a JA model... but the fact that they removed bones from JA means I have to go back and reweight part of Kyle. That, and there were a couple of minor fixes I wanted to take care of....

I plan on reworking him for JA after I finish up on Jan. I'll probably start on her now that I'm done helping Hap with his troopers.
 Mex
02-28-2004, 9:02 PM
THE MODEL IS RELEASED!

----------- www.pcgamemods.com) ------------------

GET THERE NOW, FOOLS!
 HapSlash
02-28-2004, 9:22 PM
I decided that in the end it would be best to seperate them. They are both at pcgamemods.com now, and I've also sent the both of them over to JK2Files.com,... but it'll probably be 2 weeks before they get posted there.

:dev7:
 Mex
02-28-2004, 9:33 PM
Hmm, I just tried adding sounds but they didn't seem to work. I done this with the .pk3 file

sounds/chars/stormtrooper/misc/*insertsounds* but i couldn't get um to work
 Pahricida
02-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Wuahah ... it's out, and it'S goo0od!

http://www.gifs-paradies.de/smilies/00000209.gif)
 Zappa_0
02-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Awesome! I'll be giving it a border line 11!
 HapSlash
02-29-2004, 8:19 AM
Arrghhhh,.... I just realized that I forgot to write down the commands to change the pauldron color into the readme.txt of the Sandtrooper. For those who want to, just open the console then type either,...

model sandtrooper/sand-w
for the white pauldron or

model sandtrooper/sand-b
for the black.

Sorry about that.
 Pahricida
02-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Well I just want you to know that there is a bug with the stormtrooper/officer Skin.

The helmet and hips are untextured if you chose the officer Skin and the pauldron is compleatly missing.
 ronbrothers
02-29-2004, 11:39 AM
Hap, these models are absolutely fantastic. Excellent work, my man!
 HapSlash
02-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Pahricida
Well I just want you to know that there is a bug with the stormtrooper/officer Skin.

The helmet and hips are untextured if you chose the officer Skin and the pauldron is compleatly missing.

Officer skin?... There is no officer skin.
 Scouttrooper
02-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Nice work man I just downloaded them both !!! much detail and stuff :) Im really looking forward to the other models you'r making!
 Hellfire Jedi
02-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Hap, perhaps in the next ST version for JA, if there is one, could you have a varient where there is no helmet, but luke's or han solo's head?

Coolies, see ya.
 Pahricida
02-29-2004, 2:46 PM
Your Stormtrooper replaces Jedi Academy's default Model.

Default JKA had a Stormtrooper/officer Skin. It was simply a Stormtrooper with a pauldron.

This is Ravens Default Stormtrooper Officer:

http://home.arcor.de/pahricida/ravenstofficer.jpg)

And this is what comes out when using your Stormtrooper:

http://home.arcor.de/pahricida/hapstofficer.jpg)

I don't know wether you have JA or not ...
 TK-8252
02-29-2004, 3:05 PM
No, he doesn't have Jedi Academy yet. *cough* Let's all pitch in and buy him a copy! *cough* ;)

I already went through and changed the Stormtrooper Officer's skin file so that it looks no different than a regular Stormtrooper.
 Pahricida
02-29-2004, 3:13 PM
Nah ... I'm sure Hap will release an updated Version ... sometime.

at least I hope so...
He should have someone who covers all necessary work for JA Models :D

And could you send your files to Webmaster@Jedi-Knight3.de ?
jedi-knight3.de is the biggest German spoken comunity page for Jedi Academy and Jedi Knight 2.
 Infinity Blade
02-29-2004, 8:24 PM
The JA version of the model is already done, as are the appropriate skin files to replace the officer and such. The only reason it isn't out already is we have yet to test n' tweak a few things for JA, and that process goes much slower without owning a copy of the game.

It'll come out in due course.. just, as I said, be patient. :D
 HapSlash
02-29-2004, 11:15 PM
I want to thank everyone for all their kind words and encouragement during the creation of this project. Sorry that I haven't been able to respond to each of you individually, but I'm still working on those models.

As far as the JA officer skin is concerned, I'm afraid you'll have to do without for the time being. There really is no way I'm aware of to make the pauldron visible, but you can rewrite the skin file to make it appear as the basic trooper (as TK mentioned).

Before I forget,... Does JA have a disruptor weapon like JO's rifle?

If so, how does it handle the surfaces that are turned "off"?

I had a problem while putting this model together for JO. I originally had the Stormtrooper & Sandtrooper together using one model. When the Stormtrooper was disintegrated, the invisible backpack, pauldron, and ammo pouches of the Sandtrooper started glowing as well, completely ruining the effect. I know JA has many models with multiple surfaces, and am wondering if it's something I should worry about.
 Pahricida
02-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Yeah exactly the same flaw I've noticed with NeoMarz1's and Psykosith's Clonetroopers ...

If you engage in duelmode the same problem appears.
I'll give it a shot ... maybe I can find something out.

These are Raven's skinfiles for the Stormtrooper and the ST-Officer that were included in the assets:

http://home.arcor.de/pahricida/model_default.skin)
http://home.arcor.de/pahricida/model_officer.skin)

It's the same model ... just some surfaces turned of via the skin file.

Wait a second am I allowed to post this stuff here? :D
 Strider74205
02-29-2004, 11:31 PM
you can also edit the npc files in assets1.pk3/ext_data/npcs so that stormtrooper officers appear as the sand trooper. trust me it works, and it looks cool too. Only problem for me is a drop in frame rate for which the only explanation is that every time you see a storm trooper it has to convert the JK model to JA, so having a lot of them on screen makes the thing chug a bit.
 Pahricida
02-29-2004, 11:49 PM
About Strider74205's proposal ...

I don't think Sandtroopers would really fit a hoth environment ...
Sure it would be cool to have Sandtroopers instead of Stormie Officers on siege_desert, but they just aren't "neutral" enough to fit into every environment.

So in my opinion changing the npc file is also just a stopgap.

guess we just have to pray there will be a JA conversion :rolleyes:
 CaladienJedi
02-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Ok This is pretty simple.

Now to ''Surf'' Things off For JKA and Not Have them show up In duels/force... Meh, heres how

Example:

hips,models/players/kyle/hips.jpg

Now Say you wanna take the hips off, Simply change that(above) to this(below)

hips,*off

Hope that helps :)
 Infinity Blade
03-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Pahricida

guess we just have to pray there will be a JA conversion :rolleyes:

I've already addressed this.

Originally posted by CaladienJedi
Ok This is pretty simple.

I've already done this... I think Hap was more wondering was if the skin files act more as a surf/npcs file in JA, or if the *off functions more like leaving the texture location "clear" in the skin files of JA.

If you don't enter in the texture data, it doesn't render the texture, but does apply the disintegrate effect to the invisible parts. I think the question he said should say:

Does the Disruptor disintegration effect occur on parts of a model that have *off set in the skin file?

We'd test it, but neither of us have JA yet.
 Strider74205
03-01-2004, 1:55 AM
Well, of course sand troopers don't work well on hoth thats why i left the snowtrooper alone, it has its own model in JA, and a good one in my opinion.

I did find that the sand trooper looked a bit out of place so I copied the clean textures from the storm trooper model over to the sand trooper. Now they look fine.

Since they are different models i didn't have to mess with turning surfaces on or off. If you put "clear" in for one of the textures in JA it will be invisible in game, but it'll still show up with a burn across it when you slash it with your lightsaber. You have to turn a surface off in an npc file to avoid this.

Also i'm just doing this for my own amusement, not to release (in case there was any confusion).
 HapSlash
03-01-2004, 3:55 PM
Yeah exactly the same flaw I've noticed with NeoMarz1's and Psykosith's Clonetroopers ...

you can also edit the npc files in assets1.pk3/ext_data/npcs

You have to turn a surface off in an npc file to avoid this.

I thought that might be the case,...

Excuse my ignorance, but does the npc file work in MP as well, or is it for SP use only?
 CaladienJedi
03-01-2004, 5:22 PM
If you guys need help with testing in JKA, I'll be happy to help you out ;)

If you wanna contact me about it... Email Is Caladien@msn.com (also my msn)

And My Aim is RougeDevil87.

Im always on aim/msn so it shouldnt be a prob getting ahold of me.
 Strider74205
03-01-2004, 6:32 PM
Single player only i'm afraid. It contains all of the data for non-player characters in game. In JA they are all seperate whereas in JO its one big file that you can find in assets1.pk3/ext_data.

In JO if you want to switch an npc to a new model you have to put all the stuff or at least the model and skin files into a new folder with a jedi, reborn, or st (there are a few others too) prefix on it.

so to get the storm trooper officers in JO to use your sand trooper model I would have to copy the contents of the sandtrooper folder into a new folder and call it stsandtrooper or something. Then I would go into npc.cfg and edit the stofficer entry so it looks something like this.

STOfficer
{
playerModel stsandtrooper
health 60
headPitchRangeDown 30
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
rank ensign
scale 110
playerTeam enemy
enemyTeam player
// race klingon
class stormtrooper
height 68
crouchheight 52
walkSpeed 51
runSpeed 200
snd stofficer1
sndcombat stofficer1
sndextra stofficer1
yawspeed 90
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
dismemberProbHead 99
dismemberProbArms 99
dismemberProbLegs 99
dismemberProbHands 99
dismemberProbWaist 99
}

Since the original used the stormtrooper model it had surfaces turned off and on so i just deleted those lines. Also since this one uses the default skin i deleted a line that said customSkin.

viola, instant sand trooper. to make it use the red or blue (or black or white) skins just add a customSkin line like this

customSkin red

In JA you don't need to make a new folder, and also the npc file has more data, like you can set what weapon the npc carries and such.

hope i could help, i learned most of this through trial and error, but once you get it all down its easy to replace just about every character and enemy in either game.

oh and in JA don't forget to set the NPC files as read-only before you put them in the pk3, otherwise it doesn't work, lol.
 TK-8252
03-01-2004, 7:37 PM
Putting *off in the skin file only makes the surface appear invisible, unless it is sniped, glowing, etc.. NPCs can have a "surfOff <surface>" line in their NPC file and that will completely remove a surface. In multiplayer, a skin can have a "model_<default, blue, red, etc.>.surf" file that turns a surface off as on the NPC. (surfOff <surface>) And this is the better way to turn off surfaces, because they are gone completely.

I'll tell you what I have done with the Stormtrooper Officers. Remember those Field Troopers in Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith? Well if you don't, they were simply a Stormtrooper but with a backback and pauldron and either a repeater or rail detonator. Well I've brought them back!
 The Cheat
03-01-2004, 9:35 PM
those dirtied up stormtroopers look very cool. i like them a lot more then the shiny clean ones, look more realistic in my opinion.
 t3rr0r
03-01-2004, 9:43 PM
hey tk, mind posting those .npc files? or at least the text? i haven't done any npc editing in a long time, so i could use a refresher. :o
 TK-8252
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Please note, that in a mod of mine, I've increased the skill of many Imperial NPCs, so that they're superior to mercenaries. I've also made more dismemberment. :D

SandtrooperSquadLeader
{
playerModel sandtrooper
crouchheight 38
headPitchRangeDown 30
weapon WP_BLASTER
rank commander
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
health 80
yawSpeed 110
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd stofficer2
sndcombat stofficer2
sndextra stofficer2
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

SandtrooperNoPack
{
playerModel sandtrooper
customSkin default_no-pack
crouchheight 38
headPitchRangeDown 30
weapon WP_REPEATER
rank commander
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
health 80
yawSpeed 110
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd stofficer1
sndcombat stofficer1
sndextra stofficer1
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

SandtrooperSergeant
{
playerModel sandtrooper
customSkin white
crouchheight 38
headPitchRangeDown 30
weapon WP_BLASTER
rank lt
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
health 80
yawSpeed 110
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd stofficer1
sndcombat stofficer1
sndextra stofficer1
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

Sandtrooper
{
playerModel sandtrooper
customSkin black
crouchheight 38
headPitchRangeDown 30
weapon WP_REPEATER
rank crewman
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
health 80
yawSpeed 110
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd stofficer2
sndcombat stofficer2
sndextra stofficer2
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}
STCommander
{
playerModel stormtrooper
customSkin default_field-red
crouchheight 38
headPitchRangeDown 30
weapon WP_REPEATER
rank commander
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
health 80
yawSpeed 110
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd stofficer2
sndcombat stofficer2
sndextra stofficer2
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

STOfficer
{
playerModel stormtrooper
customSkin default_field-orange
crouchheight 38
headPitchRangeDown 30
weapon WP_FLECHETTE
rank lt
aggression 5
aim 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
move 5
reactions 5
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
health 80
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
snd stofficer1
sndcombat stofficer1
sndextra stofficer1
dismemberProbArms 10
dismemberProbHands 20
}

STOfficerAlt
{
playerModel stormtrooper
customSkin default_yellow
weapon WP_ROCKET_LAUNCHER
health 80
headPitchRangeDown 30
reactions 5
aim 5
move 5
aggression 5
evasion 5
intelligence 5
rank crewman
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
// race klingon
class CLASS_STORMTROOPER
crouchheight 38
walkSpeed 51
runSpeed 200
snd st3
sndcombat st3
sndextra st3
yawspeed 100
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

I'm including the new Sandtrooper reskin with NPCs and Field Trooper skins in this mod, so HapSlash, may I have permission to use your Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, and E-11 Blaster Rifle models in this mod? Full credit given.
 HapSlash
03-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Putting *off in the skin file only makes the surface appear invisible, unless it is sniped, glowing, etc..

That's odd,... I was just told by several of my team mates on the Dark Forces mod that it does remove the model parts like the surf files do for JO.

HapSlash, may I have permission to use your Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, and E-11 Blaster Rifle models in this mod?

I would rather not have any JA conversion mods released for the JO version of the model, especially considering how close the JA trooper is to being finished.
 ronbrothers
03-02-2004, 1:54 PM
TK-8252, your work looks great.
 DarkLord60
03-02-2004, 2:05 PM
Holy crap those are awesome!
 CaladienJedi
03-02-2004, 5:14 PM
Yea, hap, it does. If it didnt Then why would raven use *off in the custom carectors :P.

Cant wait to get the JA version of the model :D. Great Work!
 Infinity Blade
03-02-2004, 7:13 PM
I'm including the new Sandtrooper reskin with NPCs and Field Trooper skins in this mod, so HapSlash, may I have permission to use your Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, and E-11 Blaster Rifle models in this mod? Full credit given. [/B]

So am I to understand that you want to take his models from two releases, their textures, and one of his custom weapons......

Then add a Very small texture change to the sand trooper, possibly a recolored shoulder texture, throw in some skin and npc files, then slap your name on it for the mod sites and stick his name in a readme? That, and you ask permission within 2 to 3 days from his JO release.

I don't mean to sound offensive, but I do have a problem with this. I can understand if you wanted to release a mod as an addition to his. You could just throw the texture or two, then the skin and npc files into a pk3, then give him credit in the readme for the original textures.

Then people can download Hap's, then your file if they really want. Your pk3 would override the texture(s), and add the skins and such. Also people who already have it don't have to download a big file, and Hap doesn't have someone taking his months of work and slapping it in their own file which includes maybe a day's worth of work.

That, and I've said a few times now that the JA version is essentially done except for tweaks. I'd suggest waiting for it, as it should just be a matter of days.
Page: 3 of 5