Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hapslash's Improved Stormtrooper

Page: 5 of 5
 AlphaleX
03-12-2004, 3:50 PM
Originally posted by HapSlash
I don't plan on including anything other than the base & team skins, So if anyone wants Black Hole Stormtroopers or clean Sandtroopers, they'll have to be made afterwards.

:cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6: :cry6:
 AlphaleX
03-12-2004, 4:22 PM
Hey, with the scout trooper model of duncan, it's possible make this model?

http://www.starwars.jp/organization/image/seatrooper.jpg)

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/rukseatrooper1.jpg)

It's called Seatrooper
 t3rr0r
03-12-2004, 6:44 PM
hap has his own scout trooper on the back burner. :)

/me pokes hap in hopes to recieve concrete permission to release the blackhole edit
 HapSlash
03-12-2004, 6:54 PM
Originally posted by AlphaleX
Hey, with the scout trooper model of duncan, it's possible make this model?Uhm,.... okay.

I suppose it could be done, but what does that have to do with anything,...?
Originally posted by t3rr0r
i take it that you'd be fine with me releasing the blackhole trooper skin then... and of course 99% of the credit will go towards yourself. :) Yeah, I'm fine with people wanting to make their own skins for him, as long as they actually do some work themselves. I don't think I would appreciate seeing him re-released under someone else's name with the only change being a grayscaled helmet.

But for Black Hole Stormtroopers, Golden Troopers, hell even if someone wanted to redo JO's wooden trooper, it's fine with me. As long as they follow the guidelines I added to the readme, I've no problems with them.

I just checked out pcgamemods,... Apparently people liked it better when it was for JO,...

:dev7:
 TK-8252
03-12-2004, 7:09 PM
Originally posted by t3rr0r
mind you i still need to figure out how to add new npc weapons... I've been trying and trying to figure out how to make new NPC weapons... I'm pretty sure it's impossible. :(

I just checked out pcgamemods,... Apparently people liked it better when it was for JO,... Pssh... hypocrites! ;)
 AlphaleX
03-12-2004, 9:09 PM
Uhm,.... okay.

I suppose it could be done, but what does that have to do with anything,...?

It's happened to me when i see him, it's same at Scout Trooper but have o2 tanks, frog feet, etc
 HapSlash
03-12-2004, 9:44 PM
Well, that's something you'd probably need to take up with monsoontide, because it's his model.
 t3rr0r
03-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
I've been trying and trying to figure out how to make new NPC weapons... I'm pretty sure it's impossible. :(
:(

so i guess i'll either stick with using the tusken rifle, shift to the disruptor, or just have the plain ol' e-11. the tusken rifle works great, minus the victory pump of the rifle in the air.
 Alegis
03-13-2004, 5:18 AM
nice work on redoing the models hapslash!!
 RJW_ca
03-15-2004, 4:48 AM
REALLY GREAT!!! NICE WORK!!!

Still one of the best modellers I know!!!

thanks for the beta too by the way
--sorry I'm so late getting to you on that normally for beta testing I'd give you a responce right away--but I would always come on the forum but I didn't get the beta until I logged on
email is better or the regular MSN on Yahoo

But thanks --it's great!!!

can you still help me with Darth Maul???

RJW_ca@hotmail.com

RJW_ca "OUT"
 AlphaleX
03-15-2004, 11:35 PM
When is the release date of the Improved Imperial Officer?:confused:
 TK-8252
03-16-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by AlphaleX
When is the release date of the Improved Imperial Officer?:confused: :wid:
 monsoontide
03-16-2004, 12:57 AM
What's the point in making a seatrooper?

There are no real underwater maps for it to be usable in (xcpt hydroball??)

There's no point having him on land - have you ever tried to walk with fins on?! (Best to do it backwards!) - let alone with full air tanks!

Thanks for the JA stormy and gun Hapslash! Great work - looks luverly :D and works just fine.
I'm interested to see what you'll finish next! (It seems you have a few projects to choose from!)
 ronbrothers
03-16-2004, 1:50 AM
I'd have to agree. While I like the design of the seatrooper, there isn't much of an enviornment for play with that model unless you could make it invulnerable to water.
 AlphaleX
03-16-2004, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by TK-8252
:wid:

Yes, I'm sure, but I'm asking for the release date, example: 20/03/04....

The Imperial Officer is looking very excellent!!
 Autobot Traitor
03-16-2004, 3:42 PM
Asking for a release date is "The Quesion" around here. It's best not to ask.
 TK-8252
03-16-2004, 7:12 PM
HapSlash doesn't make release dates, he releases them when he finishes them. Don't pressure the man, they'll be released when they're done. In other words,

:wid:

'Nuff said.
 HapSlash
03-17-2004, 12:28 AM
The problem with release dates is that I tend to go back and tinker with something even after I've already considered it finished. Just yesterday I added new boots to the Imperial, and a few days before that, I retextured the cartoonish code cylinders that I hadn't bothered with earlier.

I'm looking to get it done soon, maybe withing the next few weeks. It really depends on if I decide to add more to the model, and then how long it will take to get the thing weighted.
 Autobot Traitor
03-28-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey I have you guys ever experienced this bug with the model? I rebooted my computer after it happened and everything worked right again. I just figured i show you have it reminds of of Rambo:p

http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v131/JoshGilhen/bug2.jpg)
 HapSlash
03-28-2004, 3:17 AM
It's the original Stormtrooper model with the new body textures,... The head has the original textures probably because the new model part has a different name.

Some where the original model was loaded, but the skin file stayed the same.

If this bug persists, or if it happens to anyone else let me know,...
 TK-8252
03-28-2004, 3:21 AM
The server was probably like a weird half-pure server where the new model is dumped but the skin still shows.

Don't go to pure servers... they're evil!
Page: 5 of 5