Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Page: 30 of 38
 tk102
09-14-2005, 11:54 AM
unless one of the other SWK staffers would like to change it (if they're not at work either hehehe)... ;)
Done! I got your backs, ChAiNz & Fred. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
09-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Done! I got your backs, ChAiNz & Fred. :)
You Da' Man :thumbsup:

Thanks tk! wanna change my site too? :xp: (j/k) hehehe....
 Fred Tetra
09-15-2005, 4:47 PM
A new version of Kotor Tool will be posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2084.15886 (2005-9-15 17:00)

Features/updates:

ERF subtree now rebuilds each time it is expanded so changes in Modules folder can be seen during development
Module editor now includes .TGA files that are located in a module project's Extras folder
ERF Builder can now add whole directories with file type filtering
ERF Builder handles multiple item removal
Door editor now supports KotOR II NotBlastable and OpenState flags
Creature editor now supports KotOR II Hologram, NotReorienting, and IgnoreCrePath flags
Creature editor now supports KotOR II BlindSpot and MultiplierSet values
2DA editor Row Label renumbering is disabled when non-numeric labels are present
2DA editor Row Label renumbering now prompts for a starting value
 Jeff
09-15-2005, 7:34 PM
Awesome Fred! Thanks!
 RedHawke
09-15-2005, 10:45 PM
Very sweet Fred! :thumbsup:
 Darkkender
09-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Hey Fred was there a fix for the bug that I reported to you in this update?

Beyond that great work.
 Fred Tetra
09-16-2005, 12:41 AM
Hey Fred was there a fix for the bug that I reported to you in this update?

Beyond that great work.

Refresh my aging memory...
 Darkkender
09-16-2005, 1:09 AM
The glitch with custom modules gff files not loading and causing a crash. Would you like me to resend the PM with the download link of the problem?
 ChAiNz.2da
09-16-2005, 7:34 AM
Nice changes Fred! :D

I'm especially keen to the .2da re-numbering feature.. working on something that may need that soon ;)
 Fred Tetra
09-16-2005, 9:31 AM
The glitch with custom modules gff files not loading and causing a crash. Would you like me to resend the PM with the download link of the problem?

Oh, that! I'm still working on it :)
 Fred Tetra
09-16-2005, 9:32 AM
Nice changes Fred! :D

I'm glad you like it!

I'm especially keen to the .2da re-numbering feature.. working on something that may need that soon ;)

I feel bad that I didn't "get" what the problem was until just recently. :(
 oldflash
09-17-2005, 5:04 AM
Verry good tool. Thanks
Any chance to extract mdl-ascii, mdl, mdx and aferent textures in one single step?
:)
 Fred Tetra
09-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Verry good tool. Thanks
Any chance to extract mdl-ascii, mdl, mdx and aferent textures in one single step?

It does that already. :)

From the readme file (it's called readme for a reason, you see, heh heh):

To extract a .mdl (Model) file, double click on it; the model will be extracted and converted, along with any required TGA-format textures.

You double-click, check the extraction options you want, and poof! you get an ascii model and all of the relevant textures in one shot.
 Darkkender
09-18-2005, 2:51 AM
It does that already. :)

From the readme file (it's called readme for a reason, you see, heh heh):

To extract a .mdl (Model) file, double click on it; the model will be extracted and converted, along with any required TGA-format textures.

You double-click, check the extraction options you want, and poof! you get an ascii model and all of the relevant textures in one shot.

unless there is a setting I've missed Fred anytime I double click a mdl file it only extracts the tga, txi and a ascii-mdl. however it doesn't automatically extract the mdl & mdx for me. I have to extract those seperately.
 General Kenobi
09-18-2005, 9:59 AM
Latest version looks kewl Fred! :thumbsup: Lookin' forward to playin' with it!

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Fred Tetra
09-18-2005, 9:31 PM
unless there is a setting I've missed Fred anytime I double click a mdl file it only extracts the tga, txi and a ascii-mdl. however it doesn't automatically extract the mdl & mdx for me. I have to extract those seperately.

The double-click feature is for folks who want to work with the model in a 3DS Max environment. It does extract the mdl and mdx files, but they are deleted after the conversion process. If you need the non-converted files, you indeed have to extract them individually.
 Darkkender
09-19-2005, 1:07 AM
The double-click feature is for folks who want to work with the model in a 3DS Max environment. It does extract the mdl and mdx files, but they are deleted after the conversion process. If you need the non-converted files, you indeed have to extract them individually.

I guess I slightly misunderstood what you were saying in the original reply to oldflash. ;)
 oldflash
09-19-2005, 2:43 AM
I have dl a new ver. of kotor tool and installed in different location than previous.
I start new one, and extract some mdl-ascii+textures on mdl doubleclick.
After that I start the old KT and do the same with same mdl and it was extract binary mdl and mdx files. So, for how long will be like this I'm happy. :)
Now it take me less than 1 min to extract 10 consecutives models to complete editing form. *.mdl-ascii, *.tga and binary *.mdl and *.mdx
Again, great tools.
Thanks
 Fred Tetra
09-19-2005, 9:55 AM
I have dl a new ver. of kotor tool and installed in different location than previous.
I start new one, and extract some mdl-ascii+textures on mdl doubleclick.
After that I start the old KT and do the same with same mdl and it was extract binary mdl and mdx files. So, for how long will be like this I'm happy. :)
Now it take me less than 1 min to extract 10 consecutives models to complete editing form. *.mdl-ascii, *.tga and binary *.mdl and *.mdx
Again, great tools.
Thanks

I'm curious what you're using the binary mdl and mdx files for?

Also, the current version can still just extract the files, without conversion; just select the file to extract and click the "Extract File" button.
 oldflash
09-19-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm curious what you're using the binary mdl and mdx files for?

Also, the current version can still just extract the files, without conversion; just select the file to extract and click the "Extract File" button.

I use binary files to recompile modifyed ascii files with mdlops.

But,like I say, 1 KT for extracting in one step ascii models and textures and 1 KT for extracting in one step of binary mdl and mdx.
Nice
 Fred Tetra
09-19-2005, 2:51 PM
I use binary files to recompile modifyed ascii files with mdlops.

But,like I say, 1 KT for extracting in one step ascii models and textures and 1 KT for extracting in one step of binary mdl and mdx.
Nice

Sounds like I need a "don't clean up after conversion" checkbox on the extraction dialog box. :)
 oldflash
09-19-2005, 3:22 PM
Sounds like I need a "don't clean up after conversion" checkbox on the extraction dialog box. :)
Yes, that will be great.
I can't belive how simple you say-it. (not like me: running aroud my tail)
 Darth InSidious
09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
BTW, FT, do you know that the secondary tab for editing doors and triggers in the module editor won't save changes?

Just thought I'd better tell you ;)
 Fred Tetra
09-21-2005, 9:49 AM
BTW, FT, do you know that the secondary tab for editing doors and triggers in the module editor won't save changes?

Just thought I'd better tell you ;)

What "secondary tab" are you referring to? A screenshot, perhaps?
 Fred Tetra
09-21-2005, 9:56 AM
 Darth333
09-21-2005, 10:00 AM
That looks very nice and very user friendly! :thumbsup:
 tk102
09-21-2005, 10:01 AM
:emodanc: That's sweet Fred!
 ChAiNz.2da
09-21-2005, 10:10 AM
Wow Fred!

An interface like that is tempting even me to try out some moduling editing... Kudos! :thumbsup: :D
 General Kenobi
09-21-2005, 3:52 PM
I agree with Darth333 & ChAiNz.2da both :thumbsup:

Very user friendly from what I see and I'm beginning to ponder a module myself. :confused: :D

Fantastic to see Ktool moving forward like this ;)

:ben:
General Kenobi
 RedHawke
09-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Looks really, really sweet Fred! :thumbsup:

:D
 Darkkender
09-22-2005, 2:27 PM
Fred those screenie make feel like singing. Heck with it. "I'm So Excited, and I Just can't Hide it."
 Fred Tetra
09-22-2005, 5:32 PM
You can now download a test module created using the new Module Properties editor.

http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/204.mod)

Place the 204.mod file in your KotOR II Modules folder, load a saved game, then enter "warp 204" in the console.

Read and follow the signs :)
 SpaceAlex
09-25-2005, 3:10 PM
Looks like you've been busy. You always find something new to add to your already excellent app, don't you?

Great job as always.
 Jeff
09-25-2005, 7:25 PM
Great job Fred! I'll have to try this out and see all the new stuff you've put in the module :)
 Darth InSidious
09-27-2005, 12:27 PM
Uh..by "Secondary tab" I meant the linked-to properties of the door - they don't save. I will get you a screen ASAP :)
 shamelessposer
09-27-2005, 6:52 PM
Every time I try to save a dialog file, KOTOR tool crashes and I get this message.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.
at System.Convert.ToUInt32(Int32 value)
at System.Int32.System.IConvertible.ToUInt32(IFormatP rovider provider)
at System.Convert.ToUInt32(Object value)
at kotor_tool.clsGFF.WriteFile(String path, String filetype)
at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.SaveFile()
at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.miSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()
at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

<Fred Tetra>You only need to post a stack trace; the loaded assemblies are useless. Trimmed.

<-snip->

This happens EVERY time. Any thoughts?
 Fred Tetra
09-27-2005, 8:06 PM
You aren't trying to edit a KotOR II dialog, are you?
 shamelessposer
09-28-2005, 8:29 AM
No, a plain ol' KOTOR1 dialog. The Janice Nall one under tar_m02ab, if it makes any difference. I've run into similar problems with some .2da editing, usually when overwriting an existing file.
 Fred Tetra
09-29-2005, 1:25 AM
I've been working on the camera editing functions of the module editor; thought you folks might like to see some of the results you can achieve...

http://kotortool.home.comcast.net/camtest1.jpg)

Having finally gotten my Euler angles to Quaternion function working, I can now produce various camera shots, some that are pretty strange. :)
 TheOssusKeeper
09-29-2005, 1:39 AM
hehe, it looks like she's walking up the side of a wall...
 Fred Tetra
09-29-2005, 9:33 AM
hehe, it looks like she's walking up the side of a wall...

After looking at it again, it reminded me of one of those wall-scaling scenes from Batman (or BatThumb!)
 Joris1
09-29-2005, 3:52 PM
At fist: Very great program! Everytime if I start the Kotor tool I think that the program is so great. My question is: I know that it is very difficult to write a program! But I would like hear what you say about this. Was it very difficult?
Another question: Work you as a programer?

Ps. The new modul-editor looks great. I wanted create new areas for a long time
but perhaps I was to stupid to to this. The new modul-editor looks like it will be very easy to create new areas.
And another thing: Could you make the 2da editor more easier than they are at this time? I think especially the appearance.2da editor could be more userfriendly.
 Fred Tetra
09-29-2005, 5:49 PM
At fist: Very great program! Everytime if I start the Kotor tool I think that the program is so great. My question is: I know that it is very difficult to write a program! But I would like hear what you say about this. Was it very difficult?
Another question: Work you as a programer?

Ps. The new modul-editor looks great. I wanted create new areas for a long time
but perhaps I was to stupid to to this. The new modul-editor looks like it will be very easy to create new areas.
And another thing: Could you make the 2da editor more easier than they are at this time? I think especially the appearance.2da editor could be more userfriendly.

Kotor Tool hat eine lange Zeit gedauert zu bilden. Einige Teile waren schwierig und andere waren einfach aber langwierig. Ich habe auf ihm ungefдhr 810 Stunden lang gearbeitet. Ja arbeite ich als professionelle Software Engineer. Es tut mir leid, daЯ mein Deutsch jetzt so schlecht ist. Ich habe sehr viel vergessen. :)

Kotor Tool has taken a long time to build. Some parts have been difficult and others easier but tedious. I have worked on it for about 810 hours now. I am employed as a professional software engineer. I am sorry that my German is so poor. I have forgotten much. :)
 Fuu
09-29-2005, 9:21 PM
Aww man, why'd you have to put it in german.......<looks for dictionary> I wish my german was better I only got about 1/3 of that. Where's a good translator when you need one?

Thanks again for the tool Mr Tetra, we're all grate-full for the many hours you have invested in it.

Fuu
 Fred Tetra
09-29-2005, 9:41 PM
Translated :)
 Fuu
09-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Sweet, thanks. Love the side by side translation...

F
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-30-2005, 1:30 AM
810? uh thanks and all, but you should've been playing KotOR, or frisbee, or barbecuing instead:D
 Fuu
09-30-2005, 1:42 AM
I'm glad he did... A LOT of other people are REALLY gratefull for this tool, plus it keeps getting better. Besides, without all the time FT has put into the tool, we would'nt be able to mod half the stuff we can now. If you dont want new modding capabilities thats fine.... but dont presume to tell FT what he should have done, it definitely was not a waste of time.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
09-30-2005, 2:22 AM
I know:D I just meant that who cares about us, our needs pale in comparison to his health, smart people like him must live forever:D
imagine kotor tool after 200 years O_O

PS, dude I am gonna read your whole thread, I am:D
 Fuu
09-30-2005, 2:31 AM
I dont think FT would spend time on the tool if there were other priorities in his life that were more important....wasnt he gone for a long time?

</hijack>

Thanks again for the tool Mr. Fred Tetra < I dont think I'll ever stop being thankfull for this one...I've learned alot already......>

Fuu
Page: 30 of 38