Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting Dismemberment to work!

Page: 2 of 4
 Crow_Nest
02-21-2004, 6:42 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
I never used seta :confused:

and I never said to use 2 shadows at the same time

If you want to set a command in your cfg file, you'll have to add a "seta" or "set" before the command.

Execpt for helpusobi 1.
 hgwall44
02-25-2004, 10:41 PM
ok if you know the name of the place that your in type this in the console of single player devmap (and the map name) but you have to know what its called. This all so works in multi
 MajikMyst
02-27-2004, 8:23 AM
I have seen this issue on a number of other forums. NOBODY seems to really know how to get this to work. Just to be sure we are all on the same page here. What is the purpose or renaming the jampconfig.cfg to autoexec.cfg? Also be aware that the jampconfig.cfg only effects multiplayer games. It does nothing for SP games. The SP file is jaconfig.cfg. Both of these files are located in your base folder.

Now, I have tried about everything I have seen in a number of forums, including this one. None of them have worked. I have also noticed that most of these posts are pre 1.01 patch. So, How do you do it when you have your game patched?

What are the methods for getting dismemberment to work in SP mode and MP mode?

Please be specific in your answer. Thanks!! :o

Crow: You need to work on communication a little son. It took me awhile to figure out that you were simply renaming a file to get your autoexec.cfg file. You never said that in your previous posts. I was also looking for this file you speak of only to find out that it doesn't exist and isn't installed by the game. Again? What is the purpose behind renaming it in the first place? :confused:
 MajikMyst
02-27-2004, 8:26 AM
Originally posted by hgwall44
ok if you know the name of the place that your in type this in the console of single player devmap (and the map name) but you have to know what its called. This all so works in multi

After the patch, Devmap only enables cheats for mutltiplayer games. Usage would be devmap (mapname) Map will load with cheats enabled. You would type this in the console prior to loading a map or starting a game.

To enable cheats in SP you would type 'helpusobi 1' in your SP console.
 Crow_Nest
02-28-2004, 6:40 AM
Originally posted by MajikMyst
Crow: You need to work on communication a little son. It took me awhile to figure out that you were simply renaming a file to get your autoexec.cfg file. You never said that in your previous posts. I was also looking for this file you speak of only to find out that it doesn't exist and isn't installed by the game. Again? What is the purpose behind renaming it in the first place? :confused:

The autoexec.cfg sets everything including dismemberment on the moment you load a map, but i just did some experiment, dismemberment doesnt work if you load a save game or start a new game. :)

But it will work if you load a map using the "devmap [mapname]" cheat.

OPJ 0.0.4 also has a new option that allows you to choose saber dismemberment. :cool:

PS: I apologise for my bad communication, i dont really know how to explain it :rolleyes:
 tekvic
03-04-2004, 8:38 PM
Ok, I am REALLY sick of this.

Editing the shortcut perimeters did nothing.

All the mod for dismemberment did nothing.

I have a file named jampconfig.cfg and another named jaconfig.cfg. Everything else discussed in this thread I don't have.

Dismemberment worked perfectly in Jedi Outcast...why is this such a f***ing issue now!? :mad:

(i'm on 1.01)
 Crow_Nest
03-05-2004, 6:35 AM
Ok ok, i feel your pain. :)

I can get it to work with the config/shortcut method too. So download OPJ 0.0.4 (from jk3files i think). It has an option in single player that lets you choose model dismemberment, after that, i has had a lot of it :D
 tekvic
03-06-2004, 8:54 PM
OPJ 0.0.4 allows dismemberment 1 out of every 10 kills maybe...this is really annoying
 Aiden Silver
03-07-2004, 1:41 AM
This is all very simple and should not take this long...

All you have to do is:

1) Read this

2) Make a shortcut to JA single player (most people already have one after they install it)

3) Right click it and go into "Properties"

4) Under the shortcut tab look for "Target:"

5) Change your target to look exactly like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set fs_game ojpenhanced +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Hint: just copy and past over your current one (include the quotation marks)

6) Click "Apply"

7) Finally... double click the shortcut icon :ewok:-simple simple

Edit: If you dont want it to do the quick load, just remove the "+load quick" from the line that you copied, under STEP 4.
:ewok:-simple simple

8) Stop reading
 Crow_Nest
03-07-2004, 5:51 AM
Thanks for your help, but that method does not 100% work for everyone. That is a method that some other people posted and works for them, but not for some.
 tekvic
03-08-2004, 6:16 AM
Originally posted by Aiden Silver
This is all very simple and should not take this long...

All you have to do is:

1) Read this

2) Make a shortcut to JA single player (most people already have one after they install it)

3) Right click it and go into "Properties"

4) Under the shortcut tab look for "Target:"

5) Change your target to look exactly like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set fs_game ojpenhanced +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Hint: just copy and past over your current one (include the quotation marks)

6) Click "Apply"

7) Finally... double click the shortcut icon :ewok:-simple simple

Edit: If you dont want it to do the quick load, just remove the "+load quick" from the line that you copied, under STEP 4.
:ewok:-simple simple

8) Stop reading

THANK YOU. One thing, if you make it g_sabermorerealistic 3 it's like a knife through butter :)

on 1.01 this WILL work
 cyberjake77
03-14-2004, 2:53 AM
Im not aware of how to edit the jasp file. Could someone tell me how to mess with it. There is lots of info on what to edit it to to make dismemberment work, but noobs like me need a little more help. :confused:

Thanks

-cyberjake
 cyberjake77
03-14-2004, 3:14 AM
The reply just before mine worked like a charm!!!!!! -so nevermind about the jasp editing.

DISMEMBERMENT ROCKS!!!:D

-CYBERJAKE
 Shadow Hunter27
04-04-2004, 4:49 AM
i just bind it to a key and it always works

bind c g_saberrealisticcombat 20

thats what i type it works for me
 Crow_Nest
04-29-2004, 11:30 AM
Just a question, some people say they dont have any problems with dismemberment and saber stance cycle in the 1.01 patch, so does anyone here doesnt have that problem?

If so maybe you can tell us how you fixed it and stuff.
 ljhurdle
05-23-2004, 2:17 PM
ok, i have tried these things and the only thing i can get to work is the typing the stuff into the autoexec. but that only works on one of five which is ok i guess. the ojp, no one has responded about it but if it worked i am guessing noone would be hacking? Also, I have version 1.01 and the typing all that stuff into the shortcut that everyone says will 100% work with my version does not work. Why the fizzle can't we dismember in this game like outcast? Did parents bitch or something. Well, i hope some people still come to this forum. peace.
 ljhurdle
05-23-2004, 2:20 PM
I have tried everything you guys have said to a T and the only thing that works is typing the stuff into the autoexec. But that only works on one in five bad guys. not getting this at all? Why is dismemberment not a viable option in this game? Did parents bitch about it or something or is lucasarts just being pricks? please explain and if there is a 100% sure way to dismember by now please tell me. I have version 1.01. any help is good help. thanks.
 Kurgan
05-23-2004, 4:16 PM
Merging this with the sticky thread on the subject...
 Darrell
05-25-2004, 10:27 PM
Nevermind, I got it to work.

Thanks for the post, Aiden. Helped a lot!
 Crow_Nest
05-26-2004, 3:38 AM
Originally posted by ljhurdle
ok, i have tried these things and the only thing i can get to work is the typing the stuff into the autoexec. but that only works on one of five which is ok i guess. the ojp, no one has responded about it but if it worked i am guessing noone would be hacking? Also, I have version 1.01 and the typing all that stuff into the shortcut that everyone says will 100% work with my version does not work. Why the fizzle can't we dismember in this game like outcast? Did parents bitch or something. Well, i hope some people still come to this forum. peace.

If you cant get it to work using the .cfg method, try download the OJP basic 0.0.4 (or the OJP Enhance 0.0.1 im not sure)

Then an option will appear in the "game options" menu, you can now set saber dismemberment to whatever you want.
 Lei Hng Wei
05-27-2004, 1:38 AM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
If you cant get it to work using the .cfg method, try download the OJP basic 0.0.4 (or the OJP Enhance 0.0.1 im not sure)

That's usually my first thought, but then they say they want dismemberment in MP. And so the thread continues. :(
 Crow_Nest
05-27-2004, 6:34 AM
Didnt you read the old posts? cg_dismember 400 gives you dismember in MP.
 keshire
05-27-2004, 6:50 AM
jeez

g_dismember 600 for server
cg_dismember 600 for client (both have to be on)

*edit*
I bleive it goes in 100's and is the probability that a body part will be dismembered. Head being last at 500.
*edit*

That is ALL you need for multi.

Single is where your going to have problems. Because saberMoreRealistic is write protected after the game starts so you have to get it changed BEFORE the game starts.

All commands entered into the shortcut of the executable will work. All commands entered into a config that stores cvars should work.
 Kurgan
05-27-2004, 7:53 PM
SP is a problem yes, but for MP this is ALL you need:

server:
g_dismember 100 (this is probability that it will happen, 100 is 100%, ie: all the time with a saber kill)

client:
cg_dismember 1-3 (3 is full dismemberment, though 2 might even be though for that, 1 is minimal, 0 is off)

My problem before (haven't tried it since reformatting) is that on the last two levels on the "Dark Side Path" dismemberment stops working on enemies and only works on ME (the player). That's with the 1.01 patch.
 Pick Axe
06-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Thanks for posting the different ways for single player . I finaly got it to work. I put this in my autoexec.cfg:

helpusobi 1
seta g_sabermorerealistic 2
seta g_dismemberprobabilities 100
seta g_dismemberment 3
seta broadsword 1

Then I installed Ojp 1.04.

Then It still wouldn't work. But, I found that if I typed "g_saberrealisticcombat 9999999" in the console, it would work, but only on the next two enemies to die :confused:

Which is stupid, so anyways, I just added this cvar to my autoexec.cfg:

bind mouse1 "+attack; g_saberrealisticcombat 9999999;"

just like that, so now it works (everything, waist, head, ect...) about 9/10 times. 1 might be a high enough value to, I don't know, I didn't try, I just know this works for me.

Edit: Why couldn't it just be like JO:confused: It was so simple.
 Crow_Nest
06-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Pick Axe
Edit: Why couldn't it just be like JO:confused: It was so simple.

Good question that is ;)

Btw, there is an OJP 1.04? :confused:
 Pick Axe
06-18-2004, 12:13 AM
No, I'm sorry, I meant OJP: Basic v0.0.4 ;)
 SharpAimX
09-02-2004, 9:03 PM
Anyone know any good dismemberment mods? I tried starfire_dismemberment but it only works for like the first 1 or 2 kills
 Crow_Nest
09-03-2004, 1:36 AM
Originally posted by SharpAimX
Anyone know any good dismemberment mods? I tried starfire_dismemberment but it only works for like the first 1 or 2 kills

Starfire_Dismemberment doesnt work with the 1.01 patch, i've tried it before.
 Starfire13
09-08-2004, 5:24 PM
Starfire_Dismemberment doesnt work with the 1.01 patch, i've tried it before.

Hi, guys. I've been awaay for a loooooong time now. Thought I'd drop by and browse a little and saw my name mentioned. Heehee.

Crownest, sorry to hear that my mod doesnt work for you. Iit works fine on my end with the patch.

It seems like JA is really finicky about whether dismemberment is on or off. I've seen so many different methods for enabling dismemberment, which all seem to work for some and not for others.

Anyway, I haven't been playing Jedi Academy for some time now. Been caught up with other games (Doom 3 and Thief 3, mostly), as well as work (just got back from my lab after a 72 hour experiment. Chronic sleep deprivation. Hehe.)

Anyway, back on topic. :D Ultimately, I'm just glad to see that most people have finally got dismemberment working. Whether that's through the use of a mod, console commands, editing cfg files or creating custom shortcuts, the important thing is that people can play with dismemberment on. I think the more methods there are, the higher the chance that everyone will find one (or more) that will work for them.

MTFBWYA. :p
 Crow_Nest
09-09-2004, 6:47 AM
Originally posted by Starfire13
Crownest, sorry to hear that my mod doesnt work for you. Iit works fine on my end with the patch.

Strange how it happens. Maybe it works for some people but not for others.
 wineman_cj
10-12-2004, 3:47 PM
Hello,

I finally got dismemberment working thanks to Aiden Silver's post. I actually changed my target around a bit so that it looks like this now:
"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +helpusobi 1 +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Now I am hoping I can turn the probability for dismemberment down some. It gets old seeing EVERY enemy get sliced to ribbons. I want some variety.

I've seen some posts that talk about codes such as g_dismember, g_dismembermentProbabilities, or g_dismemberProbabilities. I've tried a bunch of combinations without any changes that I could notice.

Anyone know the correct code? I am only interested in single player, and I would like to be able to make so that dismemberment happens only, say, 10-20 % of the time.

Thanks.
 Kurgan
10-22-2004, 9:14 PM
Try OJP basic mod if you like. That makes it easy.

Otherwise, uninstall JA completely. Then reinstall it to a fresh directory (after running a Registry Cleaner if you can). The commands should work for you.
 Rockstar
11-27-2004, 3:16 PM
hey guys, i accidently made a new thread about this and didn't think about the fact we have one stuck up the top :p lol sorry to the mods. I've reposted it here. could somebody PLEASE help me here... :(
____

we all know about the dismemberment issues in this game.

in jedi outcast there was 2 ways of getting full dismemberment:

1) entering saberrealisticcombat cheat which vastly increased the amount of saber damage as well as created definate dismemberment.

2) boosting up the level of dismemberment on character models (dismemberment 1-3) and then increasing dismember probabilities to 100%
______

out of these i only liked the second method because the first made killing enemies way too easy. a single hit or 2 and they would be dead, even on JM. This included reborn jedi.

In jedi academy i have used the method of 'sabermorerealistic' to get dismemberment to work, but like the previous game destroyed the game play for me (and saber matches as they only went for about 5 seconds instead of a good 20+ second dual).

i was wondering if anybody here is kind enough to help me out to create a target shortcut with the commands to allow full dismemberment and 100% probabilities, but leaves all other aspects of the game untouched, so i don't need to use the other code which ups the saber damage 10 fold.

thanks alot for any assistance

cheers
 Crow_Nest
11-27-2004, 7:23 PM
Yes, edit the NPC scripts and give them more health, this way duels will last longer but enemies are tougher. If you set the health at a nice amount, saber duels will be normal again.
 Rockstar
11-28-2004, 1:56 AM
so there's no other way to get dismemberment working again? :(

but thanks any way.

So how do i give the enemies more hp?

is there no way to tone down the lightsaber damage?
 Crow_Nest
11-28-2004, 11:07 PM
I dont know about the saber, but yes there is a way to make NPCs have more health.

You open up the assests1.pk3, and go to the ext_data/npcs folder. There are all the .npc scripts, they can only be opened with notepad. Once you have opened them change the health values higher.
 SniperForceX
03-13-2005, 8:50 AM
i would like to know how i could get the realistic combat WITH damage? does any one here know how?

SniperForceX
 Crow_Nest
03-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by SniperForceX
i would like to know how i could get the realistic combat WITH damage? does any one here know how?

SniperForceX

Uh what do you mean 'with' damage?
 SniperForceX
03-13-2005, 1:34 PM
you know, like in outcast, the one-hit-kill.

X out
 Crow_Nest
03-14-2005, 11:56 AM
You mean g_saberrealisticcombat 5? That doesnt work in JA, the easiest way to get dismemberment to work (And the 1-hit-kill) is to download the OJP mod.

Heres the link: Clicky (http://pcgamemods.com/3367/)
 SniperForceX
03-14-2005, 3:25 PM
i have it. use it. play it. experance it.

X out.
 Kurgan
07-25-2005, 3:28 PM
Yeah "saberrealisticcombat" does NOTHING in JA. It's a disabled leftover from JK2. It's now saberMORERealistic that replaces that command. Just FYI.
 MajikMyst
08-19-2005, 1:08 AM
Hey Kurgan,

Next time you want to sticky a thread about a topic, at least sticky then one with the right answer! This thread is nothing but a bunch of bogus guessers who really don't know how to get dismemberment to work.

The 100% way to get dismemberment to work on anyone computer is to edit the .npc files inside the Assets1.pk3. You can use Pakscape to get inside this folder or Winzip. I prefer pakscape. Below is a paste from the Alora.npc.

alora
{
playerModel alora
customSkin blue
rank captain
saber Dominator
saberColor red
weapon WP_SABER
saberStyle 1
saberStyle 3
saberStyle 2
saberStyle 5
health 8000
FP_HEAL 3
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_PULL 3
FP_TELEPATHY 0
FP_GRIP 3
FP_LIGHTNING 3
FP_RAGE 3
FP_PROTECT 0
FP_ABSORB 0
FP_DRAIN 3
FP_SEE 0
FP_SABERTHROW 3
FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3
FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3
reactions 3
aim 3
move 5
aggression 3
evasion 4
intelligence 5
hfov 160
vfov 160
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_REBORN
sex female
snd alora
sndcombat alora
sndjedi alora
yawSpeed 120
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

Change the dismemberprob* to 100 for complete and total carnage.

You can also change what force skills the bot has, yes they will use lightside skills if you give it to them. You can also add saber styles. Making the bots a little more interesting.

I posted this information a long time ago. Far be it for anyone to actually do search for it and sticky it. There is no mod that will make dismemberment work. Chaninging your game launch info will not work nor will any console commands. The ONLY way to get it to work properly is stated above.
 MajikMyst
08-19-2005, 1:16 AM
The 100% way to get dismemberment to work on anyone computer is to edit the .npc files inside the Assets1.pk3. You can use Pakscape to get inside this folder or Winzip. I prefer pakscape. Below is a paste from the Alora.npc.

alora
{
playerModel alora
customSkin blue
rank captain
saber Dominator
saberColor red
weapon WP_SABER
saberStyle 1
saberStyle 3
saberStyle 2
saberStyle 5
health 8000
FP_HEAL 3
FP_LEVITATION 3
FP_SPEED 3
FP_PUSH 3
FP_PULL 3
FP_TELEPATHY 0
FP_GRIP 3
FP_LIGHTNING 3
FP_RAGE 3
FP_PROTECT 0
FP_ABSORB 0
FP_DRAIN 3
FP_SEE 0
FP_SABERTHROW 3
FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3
FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3
reactions 3
aim 3
move 5
aggression 3
evasion 4
intelligence 5
hfov 160
vfov 160
playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY
enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER
class CLASS_REBORN
sex female
snd alora
sndcombat alora
sndjedi alora
yawSpeed 120
walkSpeed 55
runSpeed 200
dismemberProbHead 100
dismemberProbArms 100
dismemberProbLegs 100
dismemberProbHands 100
dismemberProbWaist 100
}

Change the dismemberprob* to 100 for complete and total carnage.

You can also change what force skills the bot has, yes they will use lightside skills if you give it to them. You can also add saber styles. Making the bots a little more interesting.

Now someone should sticky this one as it has the only right answer. There is no mod and this is the 100% sure fire way to get it to work for the single player. No need to change your launch command or type a bunch of garbage in the console.
 TK-8252
08-19-2005, 2:01 AM
I believe actually, just deleting the dismemberment lines in the NPC files will put it at 100. If you want to edit all your NPC's for maximum dismemberment, that'd be quicker.
 MajikMyst
08-19-2005, 10:54 AM
I just put this thread here cause I am tired of all the pointless threads that tell you to edit your .cfg file, or put stuff in your short cut, or type a bunch of stuff in the console. There really isn't that many NPC files to edit. Only about 20 or so. Most of them aren't really relevant to the game. Robots, and other such things.
 Amidala from Chop Shop
08-20-2005, 2:40 AM
Telling people to edit their asset files is really bad advice. It will guarantee that they won't be able to connect to pure servers.

It's much better to copy the files you want to modify, modify them, duplicate the directory structure\path that the file is normally in, and then make the files into a .pk3 file with a name that starts with b through z. That way the modified files will override the same files in the assets files, creating the same effect but without altering the assets files.
 Kurgan
08-20-2005, 6:16 AM
Merging this with the sticky...
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-01-2005, 8:32 AM
OK, let's get this straight. I think I have the problem here (albeit not the solution - yet). About half of you people are caught in the hell of "I modded this thing to the nth degree already and I don't remember everything I did", and the other half are caught in the hell of "I'm not a JA modding expert and didn't do anything". I'm in the latter category. I have just a vanilla JA install with the starfire dismemberment mod. I tried a half-dozen of the suggested ways to tweak this to get the dismemberment that is suggested, and not only did all of them not work, half of them made it such that JA would not even start.

So, for the fore-brain thinking JA modding experts out there, rather than just saying, "This is too easy, why can't you mewling cretins get it to work?", why don't you presume for a moment that nobody has spent the time and effort on learning the details of JA that you have spent, and give us the run-down right from square one? That is, tell us *everything* that we need to do. Not just the last step.

After all, if you asked me, "How does the Rijndael algorythm work?" and my response was "You need ten rounds for a 128 bit key.", even though the answer is accurate, what precisely have I told you? Nothing that answers the question.

So, in the spirit of community service, can somebody tell us *please* how to get dismemberment to work. Whole and complete, please, not one of these, "It's easy, just change A to B" responses, but the **WHOLE PROCESS**. What updates/mods/patches have to be installed? What updates/mods/patches cannot be installed? What files have to be tweaked and where are they, or if they don't exist by default, where should they be? What has to be changed and where? Again, presume that I don't have the in-depth knowledge of the guts of the game that you do, largely because I don't.
Page: 2 of 4