Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Getting Dismemberment to work!

Page: 3 of 4
 Crow_Nest
09-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Whole and complete, please, not one of these, "It's easy, just change A to B" responses, but the **WHOLE PROCESS**.

There is no "whole process" as there are many ways to get it to work. And even if i tell you each method in great detail it might not work. Like for me, i tried stafire's dismember and the shortcut key method, but they dont work for me and it works for others. Only the OJP Basic 0.0.6 can enable dismemberment for my JA. So im guessing that it all depends on how the game is installed. If you have tried the various methods mentioned in this 3 page thread and if it somehow prevented your game from running, then you must have done one part of it wrongly.

However, make sure that whenever you try use another method, undo the previous one. That might be the reason why your game is unable to start.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-01-2005, 11:44 PM
I may not be a modder by avocation, but I am a programmer by profession and am long since accustomed to working precisely to specification. You can rest assured there were no mistakes on my part, and each attempt was undone 100% before attempting the next. Nonetheless, everything I said is true. As there is no way I made a mistake, and the attempts did not work, the only logical conclusion is that the specifications are in error. It is also far from unusual for me to be the person who finds an error in a specification by the simple expedient of proving that it can't possibly work as read. That's why I'm the Head Geek. Having dealt with the "loose nut behind the wheel" dismissal, I return to the original problem. An *accurate and complete* specification.

I don't buy that mods that work for one don't work for another. Programs are deterministic by nature - they merely *seem* non-deterministic sometimes for perfectly good deterministic reasons. Computers are only capable of six basic functions, and they cannot mis-perform any of those six basic functions - period - or they simply cannot work. Logically, the top-of-the-line Cray is no different than the Atanasoff-Berry Computer that pre-dates ENIAC. The Cray is just whole lot faster. If a mod works for one but not for another, it's not because of some 'ghost in the machine', but rather because there is missing information that is critical to success.

If we know all of the important things, then dismemberment will work, by a single standard method, for everybody. All that is required is that somebody employ due diligence and specify clearly all of the important things. Then we can stop debating it in a thread and simply post a web-page with step-by-step instructions, and put this problem to rest for good and all. There is always a process when computers are concerned. Process is the only thing they obey.

While it might seem to be a bit of a pain, I've found that the best way to do this is for somebody with sufficient knowledge to reset their machine (I/E remove all things JA related) and start from scratch, documenting each step as they go, until they get it working. Then publish the instructions. That way, no important information is lost under the presumption, "everybody knows that part". With such a set of *complete, accurate, and detailed* instructions, everybody should be able to get it working to maximum effect with minimal hassle by simply following the directions.

Now, is anybody with a suitable level of knowledge and skill available?
 Crow_Nest
09-02-2005, 4:06 AM
Now, is anybody with a suitable level of knowledge and skill available?

You're unlikely to find that kind of people here i guess. But still you never know.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-02-2005, 5:39 AM
Good. That is useful. That means that if there is a solution, it's going to be up to me to find it, implement it, document it, and provide it. It will probably be about six months coming, but at least now I know where to go from here. It's not the best possible solution, but it is a solution - any answer is better than none. Thank you.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-02-2005, 10:20 PM
OK, so my time estimates are off a bit.

OK, the Process for getting dismemberment to work is as follows (english edition only - other languages may vary):

1) If you have any mods installed, remove them first. Further instructions at the end. If you're not certain what you have installed, remove JA and re-install it.

2) You MUST have patch 1.01 installed for this to work. It will not work on 1.0. You can confirm that you have this patch installed by browsing to:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData"

then right-click on "jasp.exe", select properties, and then click on the "Version" tab. The "Version:" label should read "1.0.1.0". If you do not have the correct result, Google for "JKAcademy1_01.exe" and select a download site. The installation consists of double-clicking the file and following the instructions. You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different drive.

3) Make a shortcut on your desktop by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting New/Shortcut.

4) Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, and in the field labelled "Target:", insert the following string VERBATIM:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe"
+helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 10 +set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different drive. The quotation marks around the path string are mandatory, and there are no
spaces between the plus signs and the word following them.

5) Now change the "Start In:" field to read as follows:

You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different
drive. The quotation marks around the path string are mandatory.

Close the Properties dialog. Double-click on the short-cut, and find a target-rich
environment. You should have more than satisfactory dismemberment. At higher
levels, some of the storm troopers were coming apart like pinatas. You can adjust
it as follows (from the "Target:" string above):

+set g_sabermorerealistic 10
+set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

As the value of g_sabermorerealistic is reduced, the amount of visible damage the saber does decreases. As the value of g_dismemberprobabilities decreases, the
likelihood of dismemberment occurring is reduced.

Now, would a few people try this process, and report success or failure. It worked
for me, and nothing has ever worked for me before, so this should work for everybody.

If you have additional Mods you want to install, do this first, get it working, and
then start installing your Mods one-by-one and testing them to make sure they don't
cause problems. Any that cause problems should be removed if you want to keep
dismemberment.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-03-2005, 4:25 AM
Fair warning. Dismemberment works both ways. I have found myself staring at my body from my disembodied head.
 Crow_Nest
09-03-2005, 12:53 PM

OK, the Process for getting dismemberment to work is as follows (english edition only - other languages may vary):

1) If you have any mods installed, remove them first. Further instructions at the end. If you're not certain what you have installed, remove JA and re-install it.

2) You MUST have patch 1.01 installed for this to work. It will not work on 1.0. You can confirm that you have this patch installed by browsing to:

then right-click on "jasp.exe", select properties, and then click on the "Version" tab. The "Version:" label should read "1.0.1.0". If you do not have the correct result, Google for "JKAcademy1_01.exe" and select a download site. The installation consists of double-clicking the file and following the instructions. You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different drive.

3) Make a shortcut on your desktop by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting New/Shortcut.

4) Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, and in the field labelled "Target:", insert the following string VERBATIM:

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe"
+helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 10 +set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different drive. The quotation marks around the path string are mandatory, and there are no

You may have to change the drive letter from C: if you installed it on a different

Close the Properties dialog. Double-click on the short-cut, and find a target-rich
levels, some of the storm troopers were coming apart like pinatas. You can adjust

As the value of g_sabermorerealistic is reduced, the amount of visible damage the saber does decreases. As the value of g_dismemberprobabilities decreases, the

Now, would a few people try this process, and report success or failure. It worked
for me, and nothing has ever worked for me before, so this should work for everybody.

If you have additional Mods you want to install, do this first, get it working, and
then start installing your Mods one-by-one and testing them to make sure they don't
dismemberment.

Very impressive, every step is detailed, I like it! :thumbsup:

Hopefully that solves the problem for everyone.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-03-2005, 1:54 PM
That was the plan. I'm still waiting to hear from anybody, but the night is young. Hopefully, this gets the monkey off everybody's back. I have noticed, though, that since I've maxed everything out, if some attitudinal pestropka boinkenstrasse goldenberry happens to trip and throw a lit light-sabre my way, he *can* kill me with it. It has greatly changed the way I play the game. My PC is much more vulnerable now. It is now much more like playing in multi-player mode, where you have to deal with the hideous deviousness of other human beings.
 Crow_Nest
09-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Yep, that is due to the increased damage (G_sabermorerealistic command) lowering the number might help
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Yep, that is due to the increased damage (G_sabermorerealistic command) lowering the number might help

Heck no! I like being on a much more even footing. It makes me think and work harder, and refine my technique even more.
 yrthwyndandfyre
09-05-2005, 12:53 PM
Fair warning, all. For reasons that are not yet obvious to me, sometimes dismemberment seems to NOT work. Normally, a quick-save, quit and restart will remedy this condition. It might also be related to seniority. Maybe dismemberment just doesn't work on the lower four levels, and you don't really see it until you get to Hoth. I got nothing on the lower three levels, but on Hoth I was a sushi chef. I will experiment further and report.
 Buffy
03-01-2006, 7:11 PM
 RevanSithLord
03-01-2006, 8:05 PM
Buffy, you murderer!!!! LMAO :D
 fenderPRECISION
06-14-2006, 7:25 PM
yrthwyndandfyre's method is the only one I've gotten to work and is by far one of the easiest to implement. As mentioned, it doesn't seem to work on the first tier missions. kudos nonetheless
 Negative Sun
07-15-2006, 6:05 PM
"4) Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, and in the field labelled "Target:", insert the following string VERBATIM:"

What the hell is VERBATIM?

Do I need to include that in the box?
 Negative Sun
07-15-2006, 6:09 PM
 Buffy
07-15-2006, 10:07 PM
WOW!
What mod is this? It looks kickass!
make autoexec file of this line
G_Sabermorerealistic "3"
set g_sabermorerealistic 3
:smash:
 Negative Sun
07-16-2006, 8:45 AM
um translation to noobish please?

autoexec file??
 Gundato
07-16-2006, 2:08 PM
yeah, just ignore everything they said about where to find it.

Go to your ...\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\base\ folder and create a new text file. Rename to autoexec.cfg (make sure file extensions are visible for obvious reasons).

Then just copy-paste whatever they said. It didn't work for me, but maybe you will get lucky.

and yrthwyndandfyre does indeed work for dismemberment, but I am not sure if the saber damage is up. Ah well. Now I just need to run a few tests with the loader in xfire.
 Buffy
07-16-2006, 10:39 PM
um translation to noobish please?

autoexec file??
yes try as he said ... ;)
 Negative Sun
07-17-2006, 6:37 AM
Well what I did is this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Jimmie/ScreenSW.jpg)

Does that look about right?

I also put all of this (what's in red) after "Target:"

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 10 +set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

Is that correct?

I'm just checking because I'm afraid to launch it incase I screwd up big time lol...
 Negative Sun
07-17-2006, 6:38 AM
yes try as he said ... ;)
Btw I was wondering about that OBi-Wan skin and Stormtroopers, did you make them?
 Negative Sun
07-17-2006, 1:30 PM
Well what I did is this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Jimmie/ScreenSW.jpg)

Does that look about right?

I also put all of this (what's in red) after "Target:"

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 10 +set g_dismemberprobabilities 100

Is that correct?

I'm just checking because I'm afraid to launch it incase I screwd up big time lol...
Sorry it wouldn't let me edit...I just tested this and it works fine for me, heads are popping like champagne corks before and after Hoth...
It's so much fun beheading cultists on a speeder chase on Zonju V
 Gundato
07-17-2006, 6:18 PM
Indeed. For those who use XFire, just go to Tools -> Options -> Games and find the Jedi Academy Single Player Entry.
Advanced Options, then just enter your combo of choice. I am a fan of
+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

This does the exact same thing as the shortcut, it just is a lot more convenient for those who use XFire.
 Buffy
07-18-2006, 7:35 PM
Btw I was wondering about that OBi-Wan skin and Stormtroopers, did you make them?
it HS obiwan & Omeewan's Jedi Skinpack :king1:
Clone skin is Omeewan too but it not release yet ..
but this is nice too ;)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/ObiWan_Kenobi;46752)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Omeewans_Jedi_Skin_Pack_V1;59791)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Clones_Ultima;53471)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Episode_III_Clones;43976)
 Negative Sun
07-19-2006, 7:05 AM
cool, thanks :)
 Negative Sun
07-19-2006, 8:47 AM
it HS obiwan & Omeewan's Jedi Skinpack :king1:
Clone skin is Omeewan too but it not release yet ..
but this is nice too ;)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/ObiWan_Kenobi;46752)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Omeewans_Jedi_Skin_Pack_V1;59791)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Clones_Ultima;53471)
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Episode_III_Clones;43976)
So I downloaded Omeewan's Jedi Skin Pack V1, but how do I load them in SP? Because the Readme doesn't say, there's a link to these forums but not a specific one...

I know I'm supposed to put "playermodel" in the console for JA, but I don't know the exact names for those skins...

And also *noob alert* how do I bind a key to spawn NPC's and stuff?
 JoesGuy
07-19-2006, 10:11 AM
It's pretty simple actually. Just set the key in the cheat console (let's say the "Delete" key) and type: bind delete "npc spawn luke;" That's it. :)
 Buffy
07-21-2006, 12:09 AM
So I downloaded Omeewan's Jedi Skin Pack V1, but how do I load them in SP? Because the Readme doesn't say, there's a link to these forums but not a specific one...

I know I'm supposed to put "playermodel" in the console for JA, but I don't know the exact names for those skins...

And also *noob alert* how do I bind a key to spawn NPC's and stuff?
NPC not include and not SP too
but I made NPC files so send to you
check your PM thanks
Buffy
 Negative Sun
07-21-2006, 8:50 AM
It's pretty simple actually. Just set the key in the cheat console (let's say the "Delete" key) and type: bind delete "npc spawn luke;" That's it. :)
cool, thanks
 Negative Sun
07-21-2006, 8:55 AM
Indeed. For those who use XFire, just go to Tools -> Options -> Games and find the Jedi Academy Single Player Entry.
Advanced Options, then just enter your combo of choice. I am a fan of
+set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

This does the exact same thing as the shortcut, it just is a lot more convenient for those who use XFire.
So I,ve just downloaded Xfire, for this to work do I have to launch a SP game in Xfire?

And I noticed you put +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 in it twice, is that supposed to be like that?
 Gundato
07-21-2006, 3:08 PM
I really have no idea on that one. I got this line from the previous guy. I can confirm that it works for me and quite a few others.

And yeah, just configure it through XFire and then launch there. It is the exact same thing as the shortcut trick. I just pointed that out in case people who use XFire have never messed with that.
 Negative Sun
07-22-2006, 7:39 AM
NPC not include and not SP too
but I made NPC files so send to you
check your PM thanks
Buffy
This works perfectly now, thanks!
 Axelis
06-07-2007, 12:24 AM
ok... ive tried literally hundreds of the dismemberment solutions in this thread and none of them worked, so i looked up some mods and i found an interesting one: bloody dismemberment.

well ive been using it and yes its fun, and yes the dismemberment works, BUT it only works on maybe 1 out of 100 kills and its always something stupid like a hand or an arm, and never anything like the head or something. and that already was happening before.

anybody know if its just the mod, or maybe im doing something wrong?
 Axelis
06-07-2007, 4:19 AM
well i got it to work after trying 5 or so different methods, but that resulted in even a minor tap of the blade killing freakin everyone. every fight results in both combatants dying. i tried to get rid of that by putting it at realisticsaberfighting 1 instead of 10 but it was still about the same but with less dismemberment
 El_
06-23-2007, 10:50 PM
This is all very simple and should not take this long...

All you have to do is:

1) Read this

2) Make a shortcut to JA single player (most people already have one after they install it)

3) Right click it and go into "Properties"

4) Under the shortcut tab look for "Target:"

5) Change your target to look exactly like this: "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.EXE" +set fs_game ojpenhanced +set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +helpusobi 1 +load quick +set g_sabermorerealistic 2

Hint: just copy and past over your current one (include the quotation marks)

6) Click "Apply"

7) Finally... double click the shortcut icon :ewok:-simple simple

Edit: If you dont want it to do the quick load, just remove the "+load quick" from the line that you copied, under STEP 4.
:ewok:-simple simple

8) Stop reading
Following your extremely-easy-to-follow instructions I got dismemberment to work. Kudos!
 KiAdis
08-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Yo, I can help ya... Go to www.JK3Files.com) select Jedi Academy in the search box and type in dismember, there's this 1 file that once downloaded copy/paste what it says into your JASP.cfg or whatever it's called.

Hope that helps... and Omeewan.... If you read this, NICE WORK ON THE SKINPACK! heh heh. :D
 JoesGuy
08-03-2007, 2:15 PM
Yo, I can help ya... Go to www.JK3Files.com) select Jedi Academy in the search box and type in dismember, there's this 1 file that once downloaded copy/paste what it says into your JASP.cfg or whatever it's called.

Hope that helps... and Omeewan.... If you read this, NICE WORK ON THE SKINPACK! heh heh. :D
It seems to work well enough for a while, then it stopped for some reason. :\
 wineman_cj
08-03-2007, 8:27 PM
I grabbed the OJP mod as was suggested on this thread and loaded it. Now I have 4 dismemberment options from the Setup menu: Normal, Boosted Damage, Realistic Dismemberment, & Realistic Idle. I'm not sure what the differences in those options are supposed to be, but as far as I can tell, the first two options make it so that at rare intervals I can slice off an arm or hand, and the second two options turns me into a gruesome human-lawnmower with limbs flying everywhere, decapitations, people sliced in half, and the works everytime.

Is there any happy medium? What I would love is that I could decide how grisly the dismemberment is and how often it happens. Right now, I think about, oh, 10% of the time there should be a chance of some type of dismemberment. Maybe just a hand or arm, or maybe a decapitation or a torso halfing. It should be random, or better yet, configurable.

Now there is a g_dismembermentProbabilities variable that I keep hearing about, but it doesn't seem to work when I try it in the console.

Is there any way to do what I want?

-cwineman
 kubas121
08-09-2007, 3:10 PM
duuuudes... Just simply download this ----> http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/JK3_dismemberment;30926) its working for version 1.01
i checked it for basic not modifed clean JA 1.01.Read readame
 Thor the Bassis
08-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Hate to say this but there is no noob proof way of getting dismemberment to work that includes typing one line in a shortcut.

The reason its so hard to get the dismemberment to work is LucasArts seem to have shot themselves in the foot by having many ways to change dismemberment. These ways then disagree with each other and so the game can get confused and crash or revert to no dismemberment.

The ONLY noob proof way to get the dismemberment working is to open up the assets.pk3 and change the .npc file with notepad in the ext_data/npcs folder.

These have all the external data in them about the npcs. You can do ANYTHING from changing their force powers to force power points to skins to weapons. Look for the lines about dismembering probability and change them to 100. Then save in a mod directory with the right folders so for stormtrooper dismemberment a .pk3 with:

ext_data/npcs/stormtrooper.npc

packed up and put in a mod folder in the GameData directory.

This is NOOB PROOF unless you get it wrong and it will make the stormtrooper ALWAYS dismemberable - no messing with cheats or shortcuts just the actual game files.

So here it is again:
1. unpack the assets.pk3 files (possibly keep them for your next modding)
2. find ext_data/npcs/stormtrooper.npc and open with notepad
3. find a line with dismemberprob owtte
4. change the probability to 100
5. save in C:/... ...GameData/Dismemberment/ext_data/npcs/stormtrooper.npc
6. use winzip (or another zipper) to zip the ext_data folder
7. right click and rename "dismemberment.pk3" (you may need to change windows xp settings as this sometimes is set to stop you changing file name)
8. load Academy and load the dismemberment mod
9. dont blame me if this went wrong - i've made my own trade federation battle droid and got it to dismember and put it in a map and everything so if it went wrong its your fault.

Also you guys should have tried editing forums.
 zeno
08-27-2007, 1:52 PM
i've got the whole limb slicing thing working, but how do you enable blood??

cheeeers
 Thor the Bassis
08-27-2007, 2:25 PM
download one of the many blood mods from here:
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/files/Jedi_Knight_III/Mods/Mini-Mods;2946)
 zeno
08-27-2007, 9:16 PM
download one of the many blood mods from here:
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/files/Jedi_Knight_III/Mods/Mini-Mods;2946)

cheers! =)

time to back a bloodbath >=)
 Tiamtu
02-22-2009, 1:56 AM

dismemberment.

I followed your instructions and I got the dismemberment. And like you said, it doesn't really work on the lower levels.

However, there is another problem. It doesn't work on some of the higher levels too! On Vjun, for example, the dismemberment becomes random. And yet the probablities are set to 100. Are you experiencing this problem too?
 nizwiz
02-22-2009, 5:19 AM
Try and set g_dismemberprobabilities to 0. AFAIK this setting only tells whether to use the probabilities from the NPC files at all (in case it has a non-zero value) or to always use 100% (in case it is set to 0). At least that's what it's like in jk2sp.
 Barf Vader
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I dont know about the saber, but yes there is a way to make NPCs have more health.

You open up the assests1.pk3, and go to the ext_data/npcs folder. There are all the .npc scripts, they can only be opened with notepad. Once you have opened them change the health values higher.

I tried to increase the health of the enemys, but did something wrong since the game won't start unless I took away the changes (which was easy). I have version 1.01.

I unzipped the assets1.pk3 so that I got a folder instead of just a pk3 file. After I had changed the health, I tried replacing the assets1.pk3 with the assets1 folder and see if the enemy's were harder to beat. I assumed that it wouldn't make any difference if the assets1 was a pk3 file or a folder containing the same info (was I correct about that assumption?). I didn't change anything else so i thought it would perhaps work, for once.

I then got an error message saying:
"default menu file not found: ui/menus.txt, unable to continue!"

After I put the assets1.pk3 back into the base directory, the game worked fine, but the enemys were still too easy to defeat. I searched inside the assets1 folder and found a text file that said menus (assets/ui/menus), so I don't know what the fuss was all about, but clearly there is something wrong.

I hadn't even taken a look inside the ui folder before I got this message, so how can there be something wrong about it? I hate when this happens! The computer is acting stupid. It 's like picking up a book and say that it doesn't exist.

Merely unzipping the assets1.pk3 shouldn't have messed up the contents of the assets1.pk3, so I don't know what's wrong. Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm not a complete noob, but far from skilled.
 Lei Hng Wei
04-03-2009, 4:00 PM
After I had changed the health, I tried replacing the assets1.pk3 with the assets1 folder and see if the enemy's were harder to beat. I assumed that it wouldn't make any difference if the assets1 was a pk3 file or a folder containing the same info (was I correct about that assumption?).

You were wrong, it needs to be a .pk3 file.

Merely unzipping the assets1.pk3 shouldn't have messed up the contents of the assets1.pk3, so I don't know what's wrong. Is there anything I can do to fix this. I'm not a complete noob, but far from skilled.

Like Crow_Nest said earlier, make the changes to the necessary npc files and save only those files as a separate zMoreHealth.pk3 file to overwrite the original. Better to play with a few hundred kbs, instead of 600someMBs.
 Barf Vader
04-03-2009, 9:12 PM
You were wrong, it needs to be a .pk3 file.

Like Crow_Nest said earlier, make the changes to the necessary npc files and save only those files as a separate zMoreHealth.pk3 file to overwrite the original. Better to play with a few hundred kbs, instead of 600someMBs.

Thanks for replying so quickly. I've actually managed to create a.pk3 file on my own by googling ".pk3 file". It's amazing what you can learn on the Internet. I'm quite proud of myself (which says a lot about my skill level, lol). A small step for someone who's leet, but a giant leap for a noob.

I put the zMoreHealth.pk3 into my base directory. I have it next to my assets.pk3. I started the game and didn't see any increase in the enemys' health. I have done the shortcut way to get dismember to work in JA, (set g_sabermorerealistic 2 +set g_dismemberprobabilities 200 and all that) as described in yrthwyndandfyre's post. The stormtroopers fall apart at just one swing with the saber.

Should I try to put my modified .pk3 file inside the assets.pk3? How do I do that without messing something up? I opened the assets1.pk3 file with WinRAR and tried to paste the zMoreHealth into the assets1.pk3, but when I opened the assets1.pk3 again it had not changed.
 Barf Vader
04-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I've got it to work now, so don't worry about me. It's nice to be able to swing at stormtroopers a couple of times before they die (sinister laughter).
Page: 3 of 4