Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

xMod 2.3.1 - Release

Page: 1 of 1
 =X=Master HeX
01-03-2004, 11:26 AM
http://xmod2.cat5camp.com/images/Xmod2_small.jpg)

=======
=Server
- Fixed a bug with listing of banned and muted IPs
- Honor code enforcement now blocks gunfire and explosives
- Fixed a bug with session data being corrupted causing server crashes
- Clipped the port off of logged IPs
- Added message that displays health at the end of a duel
- Fixed up freezetag to work the way it should
- x_randteam no longer places spectators on a team
- Fixed a bug preventing subadmins from locking a specific team
- Script detection enforcement
- New delay kick that shows a centerscreen message before it kicks the client
- CTF stats are now logged via the server
- Cheaters are now logged via the server
- Help system updated with new cvars and commands
=Client
- Added a cvar to enable full color mouseover names
- Fixed event message name clipping and color errors
- Cvar system will adapt to xmod server settings
- Client will now auto auth on connect if a cvar is set

http://xmod2.cat5camp.com)

Enjoy!
 Crow_Nest
01-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Sounds cooL! Gonna dl it right now! :)
 Lathain Valtiel
01-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Ooh.. Script killing.. Nice, nice. Maybe I'll see it on Chop Shop or Sith Academy.
 =X=Master HeX
01-03-2004, 11:51 AM
btw, anyone else not able to log into lucasfiles.com... would be nice if I could post the thing there ;)
 Master William
01-03-2004, 11:55 AM
Nice, even though I don't use it. Great job!
 zERoCooL2479
01-03-2004, 12:38 PM
Great job Hex...I love the script detection :)
 Jedi Luke
01-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Sweet. Will this be uploaded to Chop Shop Amidala?
 Crow_Nest
01-03-2004, 2:27 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Luke
Sweet. Will this be uploaded to Chop Shop Amidala?

Duh, of coruse it will!! :) Just visit the xmod homepage and look at the quotes. ;)
 gotcha8903
01-03-2004, 6:29 PM
cool, like a new toy:)

are you not able to log-in to lucasfiles too hex? for some reason it stopped letting me about a week ago
 Amidala from Chop Shop
01-03-2004, 7:44 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Luke
Sweet. Will this be uploaded to Chop Shop Amidala? xMod 2.3.0 is now on my CTF server. I will put it on my FFA server later when it is less busy.

I haven't activated script detection because it requires a small client file to be downloaded, and I haven't decided what I want to do about scripters yet.

People who like to duel should check out all the different options for announcing duel healths at the end of duels. I disabled duel challenges on my servers, but the different health announcements plus all the rolling fixes, DFA fixes, flipkicks, automatic honor code enforcement (anti-laming) etc. should make people who run dueling servers (especially "FFA dueling" servers) seriously consider xMod 2.3.0.

I have posted an updated xmod.cfg file template in the Dedicated Server section here and on the =X= forum.
 razorace
01-03-2004, 10:31 PM
So there's a server cvar that controls wither or not the client side of the mod is used? What about pure servers?
 TK-8252
01-04-2004, 1:31 AM
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop
automatic honor code enforcement (anti-laming) I went to a server running xMod with honor enforcement active, but as soon as you moved, you'd lose protection and have to stand still helpless all over again. Was this something with the server? If this is how the system works, there will still be the same amount of laming and complaining.
 =X=Master HeX
01-04-2004, 2:30 AM
TK, the reason for this is so players don't put their saber down and then walk into the middle of battles causing people to drop their saber. It's just something small players can do to prevent people from running around and laming them.
 Cosmos Jack
01-04-2004, 3:27 AM
Wonderful another Admin Mod.:o
 TK-8252
01-04-2004, 5:46 AM
Originally posted by =X=Master HeX
TK, the reason for this is so players don't put their saber down and then walk into the middle of battles causing people to drop their saber. It's just something small players can do to prevent people from running around and laming them. The drop saber punishment thing is kinda unneeded IMO because if someone is invulnerable and is hit, what's the crime? If drop saber punishment were removed, protected people would only be an annoyance in the way of a fight, and if there were an admin there, the admin could just move the interferer.

BTW, I love the emotes in xMod! Keep up the good work! :D
 =X=Master HeX
01-04-2004, 5:52 AM
Emergency Patch

I have uploaded an emergency patch 2.3.1 on the xmod2 website. If you are having issues with /help cvar crashing your server please download the new version. It appears that this is only an issue on some servers but I have corrected the trouble in the newer version.

Kurgan
01-05-2004, 9:14 PM
Nice job, this really is shaping up to be one of the best (ie: non lame) admin mods yet!
 Crow_Nest
01-06-2004, 9:07 AM
Originally posted by =X=Master HeX
Emergency Patch

I have uploaded an emergency patch 2.3.1 on the xmod2 website. If you are having issues with /help cvar crashing your server please download the new version. It appears that this is only an issue on some servers but I have corrected the trouble in the newer version.

I cant find the xmod 2.3.1 in your site.
 gotcha8903
01-06-2004, 10:53 AM
its exactly where 2.3.0 was
 Crow_Nest
01-06-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by gotcha8903
its exactly where 2.3.0 was

Didnt see it there either...

nvm downloaded it from pcgamemods :)

EDIT: DOH, ok i see it now, i must be blind. :(
Page: 1 of 1