Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

Page: 3 of 15
 riovu
10-21-2003, 10:31 PM
Well i have a suggestion again i think that a queen ship would be good
 monsoontide
10-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Already made a pre-fab of that for Jedi Outcast
(Available @ pcgamemods.com!)

However, I'm working on redoing it for a Power Duel Map.
(And will try and get a proper chrome finish on it this time!

Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan :wan: vs Darth Maul :mauls:

(Complete with sith speeder bike!)

P.S. Will Send out the Sith Speeder (BETA) to those who are interested

BUT! I Want feedback and help with .veh file & weapon file!
(The sparkly mine weapon is just a bit OTT)
 JoeyJoJoShabado
10-22-2003, 2:33 AM
Thanks for the command monsoontide, was fun to toy around with it. :)

However I probably didnt make myself clear enough. I sort of meant is it possible to get the the thing to hover at varying heights in the game. So if you were to look up or press some sort altitude increasing key, you would increase your height. Sort of like having a minimum and maximum height limitation. Or are the vehicles stuck to one specific hover height?

I look forward to your further releases. :)
 monsoontide
10-22-2003, 2:48 AM
Unless you change the vehicle to handle like a spaceship, you currently can't go up and down (Change altitude) in a speeder - however, I imagine once RAVEN (finally) release the source code stuff, someone with better scripting skills than I will be able to make it happen.

CURRENT SITH SPEEDER BETA TEST LIST:

Tesla
Sunburn
Nym259
Scoundrel
Scouttrooper
Pnut_Master

> Check Your e-mails - it Should be there soon if you aren't already testing ;)
> Let me know if it doesn't get to you tonight so I can resend it to your other email addresses.

DON't unpack the .pk3 file until you've played with the vehicle as it may cause it not to work properly.

Feel free to edit the .veh and weapon files and send them to me along with any feedback on the model itself.

Good Luck & Thanks
 Scoundrel
10-22-2003, 11:51 AM
I got it, I have tested little bit, havent faced any problems. Exept one thing, I think that this should turn little bit faster.

Btw, those mines are funny, bit weird though:cool:

Wonderful model indeed..
 monsoontide
10-22-2003, 2:03 PM
Hi Scoundrel,

Glad you got it going - Yes need to do something aboout those mines!

In the meanwhile, Keshire has managed to start animating the acklay - though he has only just started here are some in-game shots of it. :D
I still have to finish the texture for it though.
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Dead.jpg)
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Front.jpg)
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Riding1.jpg)
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Acklay_Riding2.jpg)
 Mex
10-22-2003, 2:24 PM
Thats a nice model you got there but I think you should move the head up a little bit so you can see the riders head.

Now to get my Jedi Academy working! :(
 monsoontide
10-22-2003, 2:57 PM
The Head isn't yet animated!
 tFighterPilot
10-22-2003, 3:49 PM
OMG, it looks fricking amazing!
 Scoundrel
10-22-2003, 5:23 PM
I would be more than happy to test that too when it is enough ready for that. It looks sooo great.

Btw, how about Trade Federation Tank or Bantha? My favourites, I think.
 kmd
10-22-2003, 8:55 PM
i will beta test the sith speeder bike, or that ep2 animal thing
 Pnut_Man
10-22-2003, 9:02 PM
Yep, I experienced no problems with the sithspeeder whatsoever. Only drag was that I had to remove your STAP vehicle so that I could use the sithspeeder (damn vehicle extension message prevented me from launching games). Mines are a bit weird, but an interesting new weapon. Perhaps the speeder itself could drop out proximity mines instead of laser bolts?

Nice work with the Acklay so far.
 kmd
10-22-2003, 9:18 PM
my mail is shadowassasin2050@yahoo.com, shout me a hollar
 monsoontide
10-22-2003, 9:33 PM
Ya know, I just remembered I made a skiff m odel ages ago for Jedi Outcast, that I never used!!! Just needs reskinning!

KMD - Will post you sithspeeder when I get home from work.
 The Cheat
10-22-2003, 10:00 PM
nice looking models guys, you are really putting the new system to good use
 wedge2211
10-22-2003, 10:11 PM
I think the Acklay was a lot bigger than that in the movie...

*Imagines charging into a furball on a 20-foot-high six-legged monster of bladed death*
 monsoontide
10-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Will pass the issue of scale on to Keshire I think it needs to be a wee bit bigger. Perhaps this is an immature Acklay? ;)

I think a size change can be done while going through the assimilate program.
 Pnut_Man
10-22-2003, 10:59 PM
I was curious about the size of the Acklay as well, but then I remembered watching that scene from Episode 2 a couple weeks ago, and recalling that moonside did the proper scaling. If i had any reference pics on me, i'd show you.
 Zappa_0
10-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Hey moon heres an idea for the mine's with the speeder. Is to make the Sith Probe Droids come out from the back of it. In the toy version of the speeder it has a probe droid in the back and I think iy would be cool to do with it. But if its not possible, its still a good idea. And I would also like to beta test it if you dont care.

JediOutcastMovies@msn.com
 monsoontide
10-22-2003, 11:41 PM
I don't want it tooo big though, otherwise it's a bit hard to manoeuver around the levels without lots of clipping issues.
 kmd
10-23-2003, 12:02 AM
yes very true. not to to big there ;)
 t3rr0r
10-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Hey moon heres an idea for the mine's with the speeder. Is to make the Sith Probe Droids come out from the back of it. In the toy version of the speeder it has a probe droid in the back and I think iy would be cool to do with it. But if its not possible, its still a good idea. And I would also like to beta test it if you dont care.

JediOutcastMovies@msn.com
if somebody were to model a sith probe droid, all they'd have to do is replace the seeker/remote.
 monsoontide
10-23-2003, 6:19 AM
I'd love to do a SIth Probe mine thingy, but I'm not really experienced with the effects editor and I really don't want to be screwing around with it. I've enough to do already.
I added a glow to the sith speeder's control panel, tweaked the vehicle file and made a custom weapon file so the mines work better now.
Anyways, just one more round of testing to do on it and then I will release it this weekend.

Dusted of my old Skiff model. Here it is in current form - I have to finsih the handrails though and add a wee bit more detail (Since it was originally going to be just a map object)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/Skiffwip.jpg)
 Zappa_0
10-23-2003, 10:11 AM
Nice Skiff, everything is looking great!
 monsoontide
10-23-2003, 2:45 PM
Duncan has the speeder bike, so hopefully he will get time to work on it soon, as well as working on animating the Dewback.

I am working on finishing up the Ewok Glider and Anakins AirSpeeder (Which will simply be called airspeeder)

You can check on Keshires work on the Acklay in this thread over at
Raven Forums (http://ravenforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=19900#19900)

Also started on the Aiwha model. Will get to the skiff when I've finished a few more of the other models!
 kmd
10-23-2003, 2:57 PM
cool, i still cant wait to try out this sith speeder! i want to know if its like your other one, the stap, with that the guns were too high,c ouldnt shoot anything, the lasers went over every ones head
 monsoontide
10-23-2003, 3:11 PM
The Sith Speeder drops explosive mines that detonate after a few seconds.
If the STAP is floating too high, you can just edit the hover height value in the ext_data/vehicles/stap_mst/veh file.
Also you can just run over people on foot! ;)
It's really for shooting other people on Stap's or other larger vehicles!
 kmd
10-23-2003, 4:17 PM
cool, even better, when do you get off work? cuz that thing is making me droil, i want to beta it even more now, mines:evil2: :dev6:
 monsoontide
10-24-2003, 5:49 AM
Here's the first rough of the Aiwha. Mesh is mostly done apart from perhaps tweaking the wing shape a bit.
It's a cross between the original design sketches and the one in the movie.
Textures have just been slapped on to see what it looks like. So they are in no way final.
Anyone have any LARGE ;) reference shots of the saddle the Kaminoan sits in?

Keshire is making steady progress with the Acklay and the walk cycle is starting to look good.

KMD - The Sith Speeder :mauls: will be released this weekend but I haven't yet received any really had any DETAILED feedback on it! :confused:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/aiwha_wip.jpg)
 Pnut_Man
10-24-2003, 9:46 AM
Sorry about getting back to you on the speeder--

The handling is excellent now, most possibly my favorite vehicle until your endor speeder bike is released :p

The mines are fun to fool around with, but it seems they do a considerably weak amount of damage with all of the explosions they produce.
 kmd
10-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by monsoontide
Here's the first rough of the Aiwha. Mesh is mostly done apart from perhaps tweaking the wing shape a bit.
It's a cross between the original design sketches and the one in the movie.
Textures have just been slapped on to see what it looks like. So they are in no way final.
Anyone have any LARGE ;) reference shots of the saddle the Kaminoan sits in?

Keshire is making steady progress with the Acklay and the walk cycle is starting to look good.

KMD - The Sith Speeder :mauls: will be released this weekend but I haven't yet received any really had any DETAILED feedback on it! :confused:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~monsoontide/NewFiles/aiwha_wip.jpg) this weekend, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait, at pcgamemods right? any way this modle looks great, what program do you use to creat these, they are awsome
 wedge2211
10-24-2003, 12:35 PM
:eek: Monsoontide, your output rate amazes me. They just keep coming, and coming...and coming...and they look awesome.

I think the aiwha's wingspan is a bit longer...I'm looking at the Star Wars Databank image (http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/aiwha/img/movie_bg.jpg). I have one question...a creature like that will have to move forward in order to stay aloft...is there a way to make a vehicle that MUST be moving forward while someone is riding it? (Or, when someone isn't, it'd just be 'at rest,' on the ground--or in the water, in the case of this guy.)
 monsoontide
10-24-2003, 1:19 PM
Wedge2211 - if you set the vehicle type to spaceship (or whatever the actual command is, instead od speeder) it will sort of handle the way you describe - i.e. it sits on the ground until you press (& hold) space to take of, then pressing forward will cause it to accelerate (& I think pressing space will cause it to land again - but I always crash too quickly!)

Pnut_Master, I will increase the damage the mines do. Is the explosion OK or is it too big? I can easily make it a different effect.
I tried to find a better effect for the mine but after trying a few, that was the best I could find - for some reason though if you drop the mine in a single player map it's really small!
Thanks very much for the feedback :D
 Scoundrel
10-24-2003, 1:59 PM
Amazing! You're doing so goddamn good models in such a short time. That Air Whale whatever is looking very good, I mean very good. Great model and textures.

That Sithspeeder... Amazingly good. Model is just like it should be, very movie-like. Textures are amazingly well done, but those green gloves in motors... should they really be green? I dont remember, but I think that they should be red. Not sure.
Handling of sithspeeder is very good, but I like vehicles what turn little bit faster. Makes moving easier in small maps. Mines are bit weird but very fun. "Laser spikes" as I call them.

Great job, keep it up!
 monsoontide
10-24-2003, 2:06 PM
Yes, according to my reference photos, the enigine glows are green!
I've lowered it a bit too so you can actually saber people (Though it's easier to just run them down!)

The mines are wierd - they look different depending on what map you play.
 Tesla
10-24-2003, 3:10 PM
Wow, the Sith Speeder rules :D
The updated one you sent me was even better, im going to try tweaking some of the settings and see if i can make it somewhat feel more Sithy :p
 kmd
10-24-2003, 3:20 PM
how do you edit a file, when some one told me since i didnt like the stap hovering so high, i would shoot over peeps heads, said to edit the file, well i found the file, but when i open it, and edit, with wordpad or whatever, it says, "doy uo want to save your changes" i say yeah, and it closes, but when i open it back up, no change has been made, its back to were it was before :( any way still cant wait for this speeder, i will check gamemods.com for it on saturday
 monsoontide
10-24-2003, 3:53 PM
KMD: - make a folder on the upper most level of C: (or D:, whatever - but must be top level) called ext_data, inside that folder, make another one called vehicles. Extract the stap_mst.veh (or whichever vehicle) file to that folder, edit it and then add it back to the zip file (Making sure that "save full path info is checked in winzip")

that way the file will be saved inside the zip file under the correct folder structure.
 kmd
10-24-2003, 4:33 PM
k thanx
 t3rr0r
10-24-2003, 7:12 PM
i just wanted to say i tried a vh_fighter version of the stap, and although it's a bit buggy, it was quite fun... although the rider was hidden despite my specifications for a visible one... and he was stuck hidden afterwards. more later.
 |GG|Carl
10-24-2003, 7:38 PM
Those things are amazing!

The acklay looks really nice!
 Pnut_Man
10-24-2003, 7:53 PM
The effect for the explosion of the mines on the sithspeeder is fine. Keep up the great work :D
 tFighterPilot
10-24-2003, 8:21 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Carl
Those things are amazing!

The acklay looks really nice! I would've put it the other way around

The Acklay looks amazing!

The rest is nice to...

Although they are all great, the Acklay makes them all pale..
 monsoontide
10-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi folks,

I need some hi res / hi quality images of the desert skiff from ROTJ to use as texture reference. I've only been able to locate a few tiny images from the film and of the toy so far.

Thanks

The forums seems a bit f***ed up at the moment!
 monsoontide
10-27-2003, 12:44 PM
I've finally managed to post a new message!

Anyway, as I've been trying to tell everyone - I released the Sith Speeder :mauls: model over at pcgamemods.com (http://www.pcgamemods.com/2711/)
Thanks to all those who tested it.
Let me know if you have any problems with it - a few people have experienced problems with the mine weapon in SP mode.

Will keep you up to date on progress with the remaining models :D
 Scoundrel
10-27-2003, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to post too. In readme of Sithspeeder, there is list of beta-testers, and my name is missing. I'm beta-tester goddamnit:D

Well, it is not important.

Keep it up.
 bliv
10-27-2003, 1:13 PM
I wasn't a beta tester :(. But I'm very impressed with your vehicles so far. Keep up the good work and I'll look out for the others when they are available.
 monsoontide
10-27-2003, 1:13 PM
I'm so sorry!
I always forget to mention someone - it's not deliberate (I try to keep track of everyone who is testing) - and invariably p*ss somebody off ;) (I managed to do that with one of my maps!)
Still, there will be plenty more vehicles coming soon for you to test and I promise not to miss ANYONE next time :D
 Scoundrel
10-27-2003, 1:33 PM
Plenty more vehicles, er? That is good news of course, but which vehicles? You have many of them in progress. And what are your plans after these? (Bantha!)
 kmd
10-27-2003, 1:49 PM
hey the mines dont show up in sp, its just a lazer shooting out the back, a very very very poweriful lazer, i killed 7 human_mercs with one shot, and blew my speeder into hell, luckly i had god mode on ;) but it is hard to use, and their is no boost animation, other than that, i love the speeder, and think it to be better than the default one! and i would love to beta test these other vehicles ye got commen
Page: 3 of 15