Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina Part 10: The Dawning

Page: 4 of 5
 BattleDog
05-30-2003, 8:23 PM
((Redwing, you Godmoded there, Flax wouldn't have jumped, he would have deflected a bolt back at Duncan, however I'll let it slide. I reserve the right to control your character at a later date.))

*Flax levers himslef up.*

Flax: By the Force! We're getting too old for this.
 BattleDog
05-30-2003, 9:06 PM
((Actually this whole thing is exactly what Deac and I were talking about, we still have to deal with the damm Vamps and now we have to deal with the theft of the Darkstar by another supernatural Demon and a Holtz clone. Unless you come up with a way to clense Coruscant of Vamps sharpish I'm writing off the planet. I'll bombard with Stronium90 Clad Thermonukes.

This will leave the planet totally uninhabitable for at least a couple of eons, it'll also flatten the entire crust.))
 Admiral
05-31-2003, 1:36 AM
((BD: Settle down. Red isn't just making this up as he goes (I know we have talked about this). Don't expect a instant solution, but one will be in the future....))
 Deac
05-31-2003, 11:46 AM
[Ok, here's how it goes. From Cantina Part 11, there will be no more vampires, demons or avatars. We can start an entirely new story arc]
 BattleDog
05-31-2003, 1:31 PM
((I realise he's not making it up, however, he had better come up with a solution to the Vampires before we go off on another mission, or else I'll come up with one for him.

I will nuke the capital of the galaxy in order to save the inhabitants of the galaxy.))
 Redwing
05-31-2003, 3:06 PM
((OOS: Lightsabers can't defend every inch of the body, and the bolt's fire had a magical propety that temporarily immobilizes an opponent. And Flax was wearing armor that would have acted as a conductor. If he was hit anywhere - and Duncan wasn't aiming at a vital area - he would've been zapped. Starr was stunned unconscious and he was only wearing light armor.

If anything stunning Deac is iffier, because I can't really be sure if his armor would conduct the fire up from wherever it it to his cyborg-brain. Since I don't know what the heck else he's got in his robo-body :animelol:

And: You won't necessarily have to fight Duncan again. The whole purpose of this was to brain suck Rwos.

But you did get one thing right. Duncan is a Holtz clone. I'm surprised you got the references "Somehow things seem just the same to me" and the entire PtH scene.*gives BD a jar of cookies* :D

There will be another reference that you'll probably catch - if you know who Connor is - later on. ;)

One last thing: The Darkstar has not been stolen. A long time ago the Darkstar possessed Rwos, and Rwos allowed it to take full control of his mind (he thought he would be able to save Deac and Corzip [you don't know him]) My idea was that the Darkstar left a few traces of itself in Rwos' mind, and K'Warra used those to get past his mental defenses.

One (more) last thing: If you think I don't have a solution to these weird plot twists I've introduced (i.e. vampires) email me at redwinggreen7@yahoo.com and I'll email you back explaining. Cluttering up the RPG with idle threats (you'll destroy Coruscant to rid it of a few square kilometers of vampires? and the other Jedi would allow it? right) aren't the best thing. Thanks.

Oh one last thing - *kicks Deac* we've already been over this, you silly. I told you I'm getting rid of this stuff when this storyarc ends remember? ;)))

*Rwos groans, barely moving* No...didn't steal Darkstar...used...its...pieces...

Gilian: Rwos! *she rushes to his side* You're not...you're not dead!

*Starr wakes up. He pulls the now dim bolt out of his chest, wincing in pain*

Starr: What the hell was that?

Gilian: We have to get out of here. Prepare for when that bastard comes back. I want him dead.

Rwos: ...Won't be...back...

Gilian: What?

*Rwos struggles to speak further* They got...what...they wanted.

*Rwos' eyes close. He drops off into unconsciousness*
 Kuuki
05-31-2003, 8:56 PM
*As soon as he arrives, Fused Irvine conseals his presence, which now should be felt as a very erractic and demented version of its previous self.*

Fused Irvine: 'They are gone. But our toys are still here. I'll wait.'
 BattleDog
05-31-2003, 9:32 PM
((Well, okay. Just a few things.

Flax isn't wearing armor, the armor was to scare Kvana and for when Flax addressed the troops. From a practical point of view it's far too much of an incumberment. I thought I made that clear.

Flax wouldn't Nuke Coruscant, the Senate defence commity would. Remember they're a load of immoral cowards.

As to the bolt not being deflected, a light saber can cover every inch of the body. We need to sort this Jedi thing properly.))

---------------------------------

Jedi Profiles:

Name: Taklin Flax

Saber: One 1.3 metre silver bladed, longhandled saber, with variable length and power settings. Blade goes from 30cm to 200cm

Combat Form: Form II Master, reasonably proficiant Form III.

Bias: Warrior/philosipher

Abilities: Execelant speed and TK, reasonable healing and forsight/danger sense. Flax' weakness his relativly low ability to influence others. He has an afinity for the unifing force, which alows him to see beyond the imidiate problem.

Name: Sophae Flax

Saber: One 1 metre orange bladed, longhandled saber.

Combat Form: Highly proficiant Form III, she switches to Form IV during offensive saber combat.

Bias: Healer/Seer

Abilities: Good speed and TK, excelant healing abilities, she sees the future with surprising clarity, her ability to cloud minds is so strong it is potentially lethal. She has an afinity for the unifing and living force, she is so at one with the force that she ages at 3/4 normal speed.

Name: Halren Flax

Saber: One 1.4 metre silver bladed, longhandled saber, with variable length settings. Blade goes from 75cm to 250cm

Combat Form: Form IV Master, some form II and III.

Bias: Warrior.

Abilities: Good speed and TK, relativly poor healing, good
forsight/danger sense. Hal has inherited his father's weakness, his relativly low ability to influence others. He has an afinity for the living force and flows with the moment. Deadly in Combat.

Name: Kalren Flax

Saber: One 1.3 metre silver bladed, longhandled saber, with variable length and power settings. Blade goes from 30cm to 200cm

Combat Form: Form II Master, reasonably proficiant Form III.

Bias: Philosipher/ healer

Abilities: mediocre speed and TK, good healing and forsight/danger sense. He has a strong ability to cloud minds and see the future.

I should point out the Although Hal is a Form IV master he devotes a disproportionate amount of time to combat and is already in his late 20's. No-one who is younger than 30 could expect to be a saber master, unless the concentrated souly on combat.

Saber forms:

I: This is the basis for all other saber forms, it comprises the basic moves required to handle a light saber.

II: Developed during the wars with the Sith, this form is devoted to dueling with other swordsmen, it is composed of incredibly complex and intricate moves, parries and thrusts.

III: This form evoled once the blaster became more prolific than the saber, a highly defensive form, designed to protect the Jedi, it emphasises defence over attack, often leaving the knight deficiant in a duel.

IV: A form emphasising movement, speed and grace, it often leaves the Jedi unprotected for a moment, before his next move. The Form relies on speed to be used succesfully.

V: This is a more agressive development on Form III, the best defence is a strong offence, turn the attack back against your oponent.

VI: A multi purpose form which requires intense study of all other forms and then combines them into a style which adapts to the situation.

VII: The most avanced form of saber combat, it requires decades of practice, as well as strict mental control, very agressive and affective.

You get the idea.
 Captain Wilson
05-31-2003, 9:34 PM
waking up kaildor looks round, snarling. Sees Rwos down but no duncan. growls and retives his fallen blade.
kaildor: who the hell was that?
 Kuuki
05-31-2003, 11:09 PM
((I think most everyone here are geeks enough to know those levels... :p :D))
 Redwing
05-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by BattleDog

As to the bolt not being deflected, a light saber can cover every inch of the body.

When you're jumping there's less of a chance, especially at the speed Flax was going.

I get that the armor was to scare Kvana. But I didn't think he'd changed his clothes since he faced Kvana (it's been less than ten minutes since the sun got blocked out) But if he wasn't wearing it then I apologize. My mistake.

One last thing certain Jedi are powerful enough to prevent Coruscant from being nuked. (just as Quhn Vaas gave his life in PtH to save Coruscant from being destroyed by the Aesir) So, it won't happen. Jedi are not murderers - and even if Flax feels it's the best thing to do, other Jedi will not.))

Starr: *to Gilian* He knew you. Another creature from your universe?

Gilian: A..a vampire hunter. A mortal, from Earth. He disappeared, well, hundreds of years ago. I don't understand how he's still alive. *She shakes her head* Anyway, I have to leave. With Rwos. He needs to get medical attention immediately.

Starr: Wait! My master Cracken...

Gilian: You're going to have to find your master yourself.
 Kuuki
05-31-2003, 11:46 PM
*Irvine walks out slowly, but keeping a reassuring appearence.*

Irvine: "We should take my ship, is fast, and I doubt that a good portion of us can manage to remain balenced on a hard floor, or even a 'disk' for that matter."
 Redwing
05-31-2003, 11:57 PM
Gilian: No. Unless your ship can jump dimensions, in which case I'll be happy to have your help. *She picks up Rwos and carries him out the door*
 Deac
06-01-2003, 9:38 AM
[Owww.... :D *Nurses bruise on leg*)

*Deac crouches over Rwos*

Deac: The hell...they sucked his mind out or something...

*Lays hands on Rwos head and attempts to use the force*

Heal....come on...heal...no...not again...Heal, dammit, I'm not losing someone else today, HEAL ! HEEEEEEEAALLL!
 jokemaster
06-01-2003, 10:29 AM
((OK, same thing as in 10,000 BBY. Blah Blah Blah, going on trip, blah blah blah, need someone to control my character, blah blah blah, I'd appreciate if someone did, same rules as always, no killing, no betraying, and no maiming))
 Redwing
06-02-2003, 12:44 AM
*Gilian jerks Rwos away from Deac* What are you doing to him?

*Rwos opens his eyes. Gilian, startled, drops him, then hastily apologizes. Rwos rubs his head*

Rwos: Thanks, Deac.

Gilian: What just happened? How are you...

Rwos: Alive? The demon underestimated me. He didn't realize I had a regenerative ability...

Gilian: What the hell was that? That wasn't K'Warra K'laar, was it?

Rwos: Not exactly. His body was being mentally influenced by that demon.

Gilian: Well...what did he want?

Rwos: I can't tell you.

Gilian: Dammit Rwos, I swear---

Starr: I hate to interrupt, but...WHERE IS LORD CRACKEN?
 Kuuki
06-02-2003, 1:14 AM
*Fused Irvine, managing to sneak up on the whole group, now leaning up agenst a wall.*

Fused Irvine: *still using the twined voice* "Isn't that obvious, can you sense him here? We're fairly certain that he isn't."

Irvine: *turning* "You..."

*Fused Irvine grins*
 Redwing
06-02-2003, 1:36 AM
((*Gets images of The Twins from Matrix: Reloaded* :D

Oh and Fused Irvine has white hair, too! XD *runs*))

*Starr whirls, lightsaber instantly in hand. He stops when he sees Fused Irvine*

Starr: If it isn't the clone of my master's son...
 Kuuki
06-02-2003, 8:49 AM
((*Fused Irvine becomes translucent* XD

Yeah, I only use 'twined' voice cus it sounds the best proper way to explain it. like when he speaks, you hear the younger WH Irvine's voice and Elder WH Irvine's voice. just to make him seem more creepy))

Fused Irvine: *twined voice (again)* "Tisk, tisk. And to think we are more powerful then him..."

*Irvine grits his teeth.*

Fused Irvine: "Tell me, when you see a reflection of yourself, and your not standing in front of a reflectant surface, you can't help but feel the strongest anger and jeliously for almost no appearent reason?" *Laughs*

*Irvine remains silent.*
 Deac
06-02-2003, 2:56 PM
*Deac spins to see Fused Irvine and activates both his sabers*

Deac: Want some more do you? You can't wash blood off your hands that easy!
 Cmdr. Cracken
06-02-2003, 5:45 PM
*Cracken shakes his head* Thank you? and i do not "trip" on my powers. *He holds himself up a bit higher, and winces a bit in pain, but holds it*

Now, send me back.
 Captain Wilson
06-02-2003, 7:46 PM
Kaildor looks over at Fused Irvine, then Irvine and back to Fused Irvine.

Kaildor: What.. the.. hell. This is bloody confuseing. are they brothers...

*pointing at deac*

Kaildor i have a lot of catching up to do. Adavtage of living alone...no-no confusing things happen. And ahy arnt we gonin after that man with the crossbow??

*kaildors head begins twitching, he draws a syringe and again injects himself*
 BattleDog
06-02-2003, 7:48 PM
((My point stands, Flax wouldn't jump.))

*Flax' comlink double beeps.*

Flax: This is General Flax.

Com: This is Senator Tar Redis. Your taking too long General, in exactly 24 hours we will utalize plan C4.

*Flax' face turns ashern.*

Flax: Sir you can't.....

Redis: Too late General, remove all your personnal in 24 hours. After that the Destroyer Rellentless will fire her warheads.

*The com clicks off and Flax, visibly shunken, turns to the group.*

Flax: The Senate has just autherized the use of dessisive force, if every last Vampire is not destroyed within 24 hours then they will launch Stronium90 Clad Thurmonuclear Airbursts. The planet will be totally un-inhabitable.
 Kuuki
06-02-2003, 8:04 PM
Fused Irvine: *looks at deac* "Foolish really... Do you not sense our power, now at a more fuller potential? Our previous incarnation was looking for an honorable fight, so he subconsiously left himself weaker then what he should have been, thus we amerged."

*He unwraps the bloody bandage on his right forearm, revealing the arm, completely healed.*

Fused Irvine: "You're no match for us now. All of you..."

((Okay, here's my logic: Usualy the Hero's of a story would be put up agenst impossible odds agenst a single powerful foe.

So why not allow the same circumstance, but have more then one foe agenst the group, with no care about which group of foes cares about the other, only that they have a 'turn' to 'play with' the weaklings. :)))
 Admiral
06-02-2003, 10:21 PM
((BD: Flax did jump....

*Flax sees the bolt, he force jumps and sumersults, bringing his saber up defensive and drawing the force around himself.*

During the Jump, which you had Flax make Duncan fired if I'm correct...))
 Redwing
06-02-2003, 10:40 PM
((OOS: Flax DID jump.

*Flax sees the bolt, he force jumps and sumersults, bringing his saber up defensive and drawing the force around himself.*

If you hadn't put that I would never have said he was hit in midair, as that would certainly be godmoding ;p

edit: Eep. Admiral said it already. Oops ^^;;

Scar: I don't think it fits in the RPG at the moment, if that's what you're asking.))

Coruscant

*Unfortunately no one replies to Kalidor, as they are wrapped up in their own argument.

Starr almost replies to Fused Irvine, then chooses to ignore him as well*

Gilian: *enraged, to Flax* You bastard, what have you told them?

Rwos: *sigh* I'll handle them. Starr, come with me. *as Starr balks at the order* If Cracken vanished here odds are we need this place intact to find him again. I suspect I know what may be happening to him. *turning* Gilian, you go after the books. Ignore the vampires if you can, just do whatever you can to unblock the sun before the spell gets too strong to handle.

Gilian: Ignore the vampires?

Rwos: They're a distraction. For something I suspect we'll become aware of very soon. That much I learned from K'Warra's thoughts. The books the vampire used to blot out the sun were planted in Coruscant's library by the demon - Sejhan. What's puzzling however is how he knew the vampires would find them...

*to Deac* You can either go with Gilian to find the books, or with me to disable the Relentless. *to Gilian* Let the others come with you if they wish. You may run into problems you don't expect.

*To Flax* Tell me how I can get to the Destroyer Relentless.

-----------

White

Girl: You need to cool down your arrogance. Your chaotic side is becoming too pronounced and it will destroy you if you let it grow. *She circles Cracken* Your powers are growing more rapidly than I expected. That's very good. *continues circling* But I told you, the time isn't right for you to interfere. Certain things must be. The people you almost destroyed when you let your emotions control you... Well, one of those certain things is that they must live, for now. I told you you would not be able to stop what would come - why didn't you listen to me?

Edited to specify which Irvine Starr was ignoring ;)
 Kuuki
06-02-2003, 11:24 PM
*Fused Irvine lets off an evil laugh at the events proseeding in front of him. Irvine keeps his eys on his clone, hand gripped on his saber, just as his clone discribed, he was becoming angry...*
 Admiral
06-03-2003, 12:13 AM
*Over a com to the Disen*

Hildr: It is agreed then. I'll speak with you shortly.

*Hildr exits the fighter and slips into the library. She deftly enters the room where the group is.*

Hildr: I doubt he will help you at all, or if he does you still will be to late to stop them. I'm willing to beat that the General always wanted to destroy the planet. Think about it. They haven't even tried the simplest measures like a quartine. He immediatly ordered a futile evacuation, and then argued with everyone about staying and fighting.

I doubt that he even cares about the millions that will be slaughtered in the attack. At the very least he is the Republic's perfect scapgoat. The public outcry at this massacure, will be strong, and the Republic to save it's own hide will put the blame squarely on General Flax. Who knows Flax may even be doing this as an elaborate ploy so he can forment rebellion and become the next Emperor.

*Turning to Gilian*

Do as Rwos says, vampires have already left the planet.

*Turning to Rwos*

You have done well Blade. As such I can offer you a kind of reward. We can provide you transport to the Destroyer....

*In space above Coruscant the Aesirian task forces cloaks*
 Cmdr. Cracken
06-03-2003, 2:41 AM
*Cracken turns his head, in disgust*

Like i should take advice from a child. *He glared at her harshly* I'll only ask you once. What do you want from me?
 Deac
06-03-2003, 3:16 PM
*Deac puts his hands on Rwos shoulder*

Deac: I'm going for the books. There's still a chance we can prevent further bloodshed. Good Luck, Rwos.

Right, Gilian, which way?
 BattleDog
06-03-2003, 6:38 PM
Flax: You said yourself that a quarantine won't work. We have 24 hours to sort the sun-block. If you can do that I think I might be able to buy you some time. Look, the Senate Defence Commity gave me a deadline, then they would consider "alternatives." The deadline is in 72 hours, not 24. Evidently they have no faith in our ability to control this situation.

Looking at our track record I can't really blame them.

Rwos, you can't get to the Relentless, she's automated and sealed, any breach of the hull will set the launchers off and we'll all be so many ionized particals. She's our new kill-all and she was supposed to be unvailed to the Galaxey in a few days time. Not to mention she's cloaked.
 Admiral
06-03-2003, 7:12 PM
((BD: When did the republic begin using cloaking devices so much. I do hope you realize that they wouldn't have solved the problems with them...

I also hope you realize the consquences of what you done.))

Hildr: The Republic has finally become no better then Palpatines Empire. Creating a ship who's only purpose is to destroy planets, automated no less so Flax doesn't have to worry about anyone with a morals do stop such a launch. Who knows maybe Flax here wants to become the next Emperor.

Make note that He doesn't even try to stop this, and admits that he knew about this beforehand.

Fine, we won't board the ship, we will just destroy it before it can launch. You have no idea what we can do, I promise you this, you won't be able to destroy the planet...
 Kuuki
06-03-2003, 8:07 PM
Fused Irvine: *walking into teh centre of the group* "How interesting... Not only do you all not even attempt to find any traces of a trail from where that vampire eluded you, but you also won't investigate to find reasons why those people were here just now. At least in more detail..."

Irvine: "Why don't you shut up..."
 Redwing
06-03-2003, 10:41 PM
((OOS: Um, Fused Irvine is making almost no sense at all Scar))

Coruscant

*Rwos silently wonders if this was the reason the existence of NRI's interdimensional branch had been hidden from Flax' department*

Gilian: *in a parting shot at Flax* Weren't you boasting that you could make a star go nova, yet you won't stop this weapon from killing us all? So much for the power of a "Jedi".

Starr: *to Fused Irvine* Shut up or I'll take your head off. *to Flax* What you are trying to tell us is a load of lies. The Senate commitees are a pack of cowards. They would never accept this unless someone manipulated them into doing so. Someone like you. After all, our spies have told us that you were the one handling this "vampire problem". Only you or your lackeys through you could have given the Senate the false impression that the threat was so terrible that the capital city of the galaxy would have to be leveled to contain it...

*Rwos speaks up* I'm sure Flax has no plans on becoming the next Emperor. *looking at Flax* I'm also sure he knows who holds the proper codes to deactivate this superweapon...or perhaps can put us in contact with the architects, who surely would know how to disable it...

*Gilian looks disgusted* You're wasting your time, Termand. *She turns to Deac and the others* Follow me. I'm calling my glider. We don't have time for this.

----------

Whiteness

*The girl smiles at Cracken's comment* In time you'll know. Until then...

*The white around Cracken seems to take form. Then, it rapidly "melts" through and over him, from the inside out. The room obscures in blank white.

The only thing still there was Alys' mental signature, still out of reach but somehow seeming slightly stronger...*

----------

Somewhere in Warp Space

*Farran, Artemis, and Kioet are seated at a small but ornate table in a nicely furnished room. Despite the few fancy touches the room still read as made for business. Several suited men brought refreshments for the group. Farran recognized the ones brought to him as being from Earth, delicacies. It disturbed him that he couldn't remember the names.*

Artemis: We've been here a while...when is the woman coming to see us?

Farran: I'm not sure I want to know what this is about. *He looks warningly at Artemis* Appearances mean nothing in these cases, remember that.

Artemis: I can't for the life of me figure out who these people are. But they're clearly from Earth. And rich.

Farran: Indeed they are...

*Farran stares at Kioet, sizing him up. The people who had escorted them in had been only to happy to let him accompany them. No, in fact they had insisted on it.

Which was puzzling. Clearly they were playing on the fact that he and Artemis were from Earth. They knew exactly who he really was and they probably knew who Artemis was too. Certainly they wanted to exploit this.

Which begged the question. Why bother pampering the Trandoshan? Someone who must appear as native muscle picked up for hire?

Farran keeps staring*

Kioet...what do they know about you that I don't?
 Kuuki
06-03-2003, 11:02 PM
((Do insane individuals ever do, red?))

*Fused Irvine bursts out laughing at Starr.*

Fused Irvine: "You're such a pathetic creature, all of you! HA! I'll leave you to your business. Oh and by the way kid..." *Turns to Irvine.* "You can stop hiding the fact you are wounded,..." *Smiles* "I can sense it in your anger, it comes from desparation..."

Irvine: "What!? Argh..."

*Irvine gives up hiding that he's wounded internally, as he grits his teeth and semi closes an eye. He charges Fused Irvine, while igniting his saber. But at the last second, Fused Irvine jumps up, and seemingly vanishes, only with the echo of laughter...

Irvine falls to a knee, while extinishing his saber.*

Irvine: "Starr... I accidently closed my wound, without expelling the bolt... It'll hurt me more if it is forced out..."
 Redwing
06-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Starr: You fool. Why did you do that? The bolt is too long, it'll work its way through your internal organs and kill you if you leave it where it is. Didn't anyone train you in...never mind. *He closes his eyes, stretching out with the Force* It needs to be removed. Then you can use one of those healing trances you Jedi like so much.

Can't let my master's son die...
 Kuuki
06-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Irvine: "Come on, give me a break. I wasn't thinking at the time, like father like son I guess..." *smiles* "But like I said, it'll hurt me even more if it's forced out now... I believe it being done surgically would be alot better, besides it won't kill me yet..." 'I guess I'm just as stubborn as my father...'

*Irvine consentrates, and then stands up with little difficulty, keeping his mind on the bolt's position, he pulls out his remote and presses a button for the cargo ramp to open on his ship.*

Irvine: "I have medical suppies on my ship, it'll help me. Although I'm sure one of those star destoriers wouldn't take someone openly calling himself a close relitive to the Emperior..."
 Admiral
06-03-2003, 11:45 PM
Hidlr: Why? The last time I checked there was a peace treaty between the Republic and the Empire....
 Kuuki
06-04-2003, 8:45 AM
Irvine: "That's besides the point, argh... Nevermind, I'll just go up there."
 Deac
06-04-2003, 3:09 PM
[Um...a few problems, BD. One: Cloaking devices are extremely hard to find and make. The planet that produces the crystals is gone. Two, the use of such a ship is majorly out of character for the NR, and locking it down is stupid. What if someone got the codes?]

*Deac waits for the glider to land and turns to Flax*

Deac: If that thing's not out of commission when this is over, I'm resigning. I can't believe something like that would be built.
 Captain Wilson
06-04-2003, 4:28 PM
Do i go with the power wielding genral, the power of that ship....or with the man who can give me answers ive serchered for all my life...
his mind amde up kaildor went over to the glider following deac
 BattleDog
06-04-2003, 4:45 PM
Flax: Look, I didn't create this thing. I'm not even NRI. I'm attached to Fleet intelligance. There's nothing actually revolutionary about the ship. The cloak is an older model than I am. However, It does have a weakness. The cloak is one way. However, the one way is only about 97% effective. If you use a wide beam scan with a strong enough power output you should be able to locate the ship.

Its a modified version of the Old Republic's Stygium Crystal cloak.

((OSS: Just because the Planet is gone doesn't mean all the crystals are. I don't know! I didn't design the thing! :o ))

*Turns to Hidlr.* You know I have nothing to do with this, yet you still perpetuate lies.

Flax: There's a way to stop the thing. You have to wind its internal cloak foward until after it has fired. That will fool the ship into shutting down.
 Redwing
06-04-2003, 9:29 PM
((OOS: I have to agree with Deac, BD, using something like this is extremely out of character for the NR. I hope there's an explanation in the offing...

Also the Old Republic didn't use the cloak, Darth Maul did...))

Gilian: *powering up her glider and its disks* You pretend to have had nothing to do with this yet everything you say says differently. You know everything about this weapon yet you didn't bother doing anything to stop it? I know your kind. You're all about power, and as long as you can get it the consequences be damned. And don't pretend this is a surprise. I've got vamp hearing, remember? I heard that entire conversation you had over your comlink. You told us had information that wasn't in that conversation - like that the Senate would consider alternatives if we unblocked the sun - either you were lying or you knew about this all along.

Starr: Stygium crystal invisibility cloaks have been used by the Sith for a long time. If the Republic is supposed to be so squeaky clean I would be interested to know how exactly you acquired this technology...
 Kuuki
06-04-2003, 10:24 PM
((I'm going to assume that Irvine is being helped by starr))

Irvine: *talking only loud enough for Starr to hear.* "I suppose only my people were the only true new order that came out of the Civil War... I don't care if that vampire can hear me, but maybe if there was a more deeper investigation on the 'quote, unquote' New Order and the senate, maybe there can be something that could be dug up. There has to be some darkness in that order, it only makes sense, it goes all the way back to my friend's alledged death turned willful interrigation several weeks ago."
 Admiral
06-05-2003, 1:48 AM
Hildr: Please General, you expect us to believe your plan. Unless the Republic has the most inept programmers in the universe, it would fail. You advance time and you make the ship launch sooner, not stop the launch. If anything you would want to rewind the clock and put it in a loop so it never reaches zero. Then again to have such a huge weakness as that makes me think once again your lieing.

Then again it is a brillant plan, if you think about it. We advance time making the ship launch it's missiles sooner so we are blamed for Coruscants Descruction. Flax is hailed as a hero for trying to save as many lives as possible. Further he then with his mysterous knowledge of the ship finds it and captures it. Then he finds the sith cloaking device. This implicates the Empire allowing him to complete his conquest of imperial space. I would also add, that it is possible that we are also hailed as hero for trying to stop the "Imperial" ship. However, we of course conviently die in the attempt. This way everyone with knowledge of the his involvment in the event is silenced.

I guess this would be a good enough time to say, that the media will eventually find out about the Republic's planet killer. Finally if anything happens to me, or if the planet is destroyed then the media will also recieve information that will show Flax's involvment in the entire incident. *Smiling*
 Rogue15
06-05-2003, 11:16 AM
*Kioet grabs the fanciest-looking bottle, opens it and pours himself a glass*

Kioet: This better be poisoned.

*Kioet picks the glass off the table and drinks*

Kioet: a little strong...

*Kioet pours himself another*

Kioet: ...but not strong enough.
 Deac
06-05-2003, 3:25 PM
*Deac turns to Flax, his face fallen, and holding firmly onto his NRI insignia*

Deac: Tell me,... sir, ....my friend, tell me what they're saying is false. Tell me it's a lie.

On second thoughts, screw this ship. We get the spell books now and that ship won't be firing. We can deal with this later.
 BattleDog
06-05-2003, 7:42 PM
((Redwing, you are mistaken. Stygium crystal cloaks were widly known about during the OR era. There's even an artical on the holonet about the crystals starting to run out.))

Flax: We advance time to after the launch, that way the ship thinks its already fired. So it shuts down and de-cloaks. It would work. We'll never find a slicer in time though. So that leaves only one option.

*Turns to Deac.* Colonel, I was never here, I never told you this and you had no involvement in what I am about to do.

I really thought you all had more faith in me.

*Flax activates his comlink again.*

Flax: Bring her in Chip.

*3 minutes later.*

*Flax' X-Wing lands, he runs towards it and chages into his flight gear then climbs in, he looks back at the group.*

Flax: Its best you never saw me, I've towed the line too long, now thing are going to change.

((Yes this is highly out of character for the NR. Thats all I'm saying. Just no-one else come up with another plotline, okay.))
 Kuuki
06-05-2003, 8:24 PM
((I think you should keep it BD, I mean who the hell cares about it begin so 'expanded universe' anymore, this is 'cantina universe'! Let the NR become evil!!))
 Redwing
06-06-2003, 12:19 AM
((I didn't say they were unknown. I said the Old Republic did not use them, which is a little inaccuracte - I should say it was Sienar technology. We all know what that means.

From http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/sithinfiltrator/eu.html) :

The Sith Infiltrator is equipped with a terrifying technological wonder -- a full-effect cloaking device that gives invisibility upon command. An invisibility field is a formidable weapon, since it can defeat most security systems and make acts of theft, sabotage, and assassination all but unstoppable.

From http://www1.theforce.net/CUSWE/categories.asp?page=2&category=11&type=&qualifier=&no=100) :

Stygium
this rare, crystalline mineral is found only on Aeten II. Sienar Advanced Projects discovered that the crystal could be used to create a full-effect cloaking system that defeated the sensors and security systems of larger craft

this (http://www.holonetnews.com/53/business/13425_2.html) does indicate that they were well-known. However, still Imperial technology. Thus what Starr and Hildr says still stands...it isn't Old Republic technology it is Sienar technology. From Starr's point of view only someone with Sith connections could have found any after this long.

edit: Okay, I don't think that's clear enough...I'm not saying the NR *couldn't* have found an old cloaking device. I'm just saying that it's valid to say it looks suspicious. Not that a planet killer doesn't look suspicious enough))

Rwos: *As Flax leaves* Hopefully we can believe him. *to Hildr* I think I want to take you up on that offer anyway, though...

Gilian: *distastefully* Interesting about-face. I'd trust that man about as far as I could throw him...no, scratch that, I could probably throw him pretty far. *to the others* I'm not sure where we'll be going, but here is a rough idea. *She twists open a watch-like device she is wearing, and connects it with her glider's console with a wire. A 3-D map projects on the ground, a minature representation of Coruscant's surface. Intermitten blue symbols appear on the map in seemingly random places*

Gilian: The vampire is using a mystical power to teleport. The books left a trail. *The symbols connect themselves with blue lines in a wild zig-zag pattern* Since he's a vampire he can't enter the abode of a living being without being invited in. Not even through teleportation. The erratic pattern is because he was teleporting around the homes. *She points to the ending symbol* This is where we go.

Starr: *to Irvine* Only new order? What are you talking about? You're talking nonsense...also, darkness in the New Order? You have no idea.
Page: 4 of 5