Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Suggestion

Page: 1 of 1
 Solbe M'ko
05-08-2003, 2:14 AM
May I make a suggestion? For some of the levels, particularly Ramsees Hed and the Boba Fett mission, would you consider adding some extra ambience? For example, a holo-chess board in the freighter and ships going overhead in the Boba Fett mission. I think it would be cool to have a whole bunch of ships go overhead, and then when you head back to your ship, the Slave 1 could be landing in the background subtly. Not real important gameplay features, but I think it would add to the existing game without changing anything major. Also, how are you going to make Boba fly around, will he have that smokey jetpack or will you make something new?
 chris the cynic
05-09-2003, 8:45 PM
There has been talk of starfighters battling it out in the sky (Cow vs TIEs)
 xcountryman03
05-09-2003, 8:55 PM
the big thing i want to see is rain and snow
 Katarn07
05-09-2003, 10:05 PM
You should really check out older posts dude and see why the team talks to me the way they do! :p

Also, the FAQ says how the battle will take place. More like how Jango fights in AotC, so no smoke would be needed. I think he should run around and fly like Jango did. It's a harder target to hit an would make for a more challenging bass to fight then in the original ;)

Also, there is a thead all about ambience and the like. I remember the Talay mapper said he'd include the occasional TIE patrol overhead. Ships in Coruscant and Nar Shaddaa are supposedly going to be implemented as well :) (I should hope so, they are cities after all)
 Solbe M'ko
05-10-2003, 2:21 AM
Coruscant? I don't remember that! It's been along time, afterall. I just think that some extra foreshadowing for upcoming events would be cool.
 Katarn07
05-10-2003, 12:14 PM
You fight Boba Fett on a landing platform of Coruscant
 The_One
05-10-2003, 2:33 PM
OK, can we please stop the whole "must censor Boba Fett" thing. It's not really a big deal - he's in the instruction manual of Dark Forces, is mentioned in the website's FAQ and there is even a Boba Fett banner that pops up whilst surfing the site.

Only censor critical plot elements please.
 Solbe M'ko
05-10-2003, 5:24 PM
Oh, I guess so. That level with all the spotlights, etc. OK.
Sounds like SotE, to me. On the level where you fight Boba he just kind of flies around and shoots at you. I don't remember, but is the Crow in that circular dealy where you kill BF, or does it come after? Either way, he shouldn't just fall to the ground and be left there, he should get the hell out of there when he figures out that he's losing the fight.
 Katarn07
05-10-2003, 6:05 PM
I was censoring where you fight him ;) I know he's on the site, so it don't matter if people read that.

And the Crow comes down in where you first see Fett.
 Solbe M'ko
05-17-2003, 3:47 PM
I have another suggestion that will come far too late to make a difference. Why not make different skins for Kyle on different levels? I usually play in third person so I can roll, etc. and it would be cool to wear a heavy coat on Fest, etc.

Anyway, I already know the answer, but I'm comfortable with it.
 Katarn07
05-17-2003, 3:59 PM
Originally posted by Solbe M'ko
I have another suggestion that will come far too late to make a difference. Why not make different skins for Kyle on different levels? I usually play in third person so I can roll, etc. and it would be cool to wear a heavy coat on Fest, etc.

Anyway, I already know the answer, but I'm comfortable with it.

Once again, I've made that suggestion. I let it go since there were normal stormies on Anteevy, but now that there will be snowtroopers...

Also, the one spot there will need a skin change, and the mod team knows this, is when you are escaping from Jabba's Ship. That would not be too hard to make.
 Fracman
05-17-2003, 5:29 PM
Even more funny would be a change of Kyle's face skin... think of a mission that takes several days, where Kyle's beard is growing and growing, to be as long as we could see it in JK...

Basically every skin, every texture can change from level to level, and we certainly will make use of that feature :p
 Infinity Blade
05-18-2003, 5:57 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Also, the one spot there will need a skin change, and the mod team knows this, is when you are escaping from Jabba's Ship. That would not be too hard to make. Well, I'm not 100% sure what skin change you're referring to, but I'm guessing it'd be kyle without his jacket or armor.

While that may be an ok idea, that would require a new model of it's own.

Originally posted by Fracman
Even more funny would be a change of Kyle's face skin... think of a mission that takes several days, where Kyle's beard is growing and growing, to be as long as we could see it in JK...

Basically every skin, every texture can change from level to level, and we certainly will make use of that feature. As far as kyle's beard, I don't think that's particularly necessary. It's extra work for something that most people wouldn't notice.

That, and altering the skins won't necessarily make it look "better", and some skins won't look right on some models. Perhaps if a person was Seriously thrashed and bruised, or a costume change to fit a new environment/mission that works well on the model, then I could see doing an altered skin for continuity.
 Geoffrey S
05-18-2003, 8:07 AM
Originally posted by chris the cynic:
There has been talk of starfighters battling it out in the sky (Cow vs TIEs).
Cows? Now that I'd like to see...
 Fracman
05-18-2003, 8:33 AM
Heh... I think its already enough to have pigs (Gammoreans) :p
 Katarn07
05-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by infinity_blade
Well, I'm not 100% sure what skin change you're referring to, but I'm guessing it'd be kyle without his jacket or armor.

While that may be an ok idea, that would require a new model of it's own.

Yes, it would require a new model.... But in the cutscene of DF, you see him without it. I just thought you would put that in there. He doesn't need any other changes IMO. Also, I know nothing about moddelling (sp?), but would it really take to much work to make?
 chris the cynic
05-18-2003, 1:08 PM
Originally posted by Geoffrey S
Cows? Now that I'd like to see...

NO. Cow vs TIEs. Cow, singular, one cow; no more. Just the one flying cow with laser pistols. Don't you pay attention to anything? There was only ever one bovine in DF.
 Infinity Blade
05-18-2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Also, I know nothing about moddelling (sp?), but would it really take to much work to make? Well, too much work is up to perspective.

The absolute easiest way would be to replace his torso and arms on the existing one, then reweight them and create a new texture for them. It doesn't sound like that much, but it's at Least a few days worth of work to make and refine it.

And normally I wouldn't say anything about someone's spelling errors, but since you put the "Sp?", I'll tell you...

When adding -ing or -ed suffix to the word Model, you can either add it directly or double the L . So... Modelling, or Modeling. I myself use double L, just as it seems more "correct" to me. ;)

As far as the word Modeler.... it seems the single L is the correct way, but there seems to be ALOT of people that use the double L. I use a double L just because I think it looks better, and if I'm wrong for doing so, then Oh Well. :D
 The_One
05-18-2003, 5:27 PM
I prefer the term "Model Making" - "Modelling" is when people walk up and down a cat-walk showing off the latest fashion designs ;)
 Infinity Blade
05-18-2003, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by The_One
I prefer the term "Model Making" - "Modelling" is when people walk up and down a cat-walk showing off the latest fashion designs ;) Actually.... here's some meaning for modelling taken from good ol' Webster.

1 : to design or imitate forms : make a pattern <enjoys modeling in clay>.
2 : to work or act as a fashion model.

So it works either way... ;)
Page: 1 of 1