Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

We should have an MP game of JKII, or even JK/MOTS!

Page: 1 of 1
 The_One
04-08-2003, 8:04 PM
Just a thought - perhaps some of us regulars here should get together for a game of JKII, or perhaps JK/MOTS.

I'm sure it would be fun ;)

If it was JKII I'd make sure everyone had the Commando, Gammo, Boba and Kyle models to make it a true DF game :p

What do you say?
 Katarn07
04-08-2003, 8:11 PM
I vote for a MP game of JK or MotS.

I always enjoyed those. I used to playt those all the time. I never play JO. My PC can hardly handle SP, let alone MP... :p
Hope to have some new stuff for your mod. I can hardly run the demo it seems... :rolleyes:
 boinga1
04-08-2003, 9:42 PM
Aw, poor Katarn. :p

I would say JO (although I don't know if I qualify as a 'regular') just because JKII isn't on my PC at the moment.
 Infinity Blade
04-09-2003, 1:00 AM
I would love to do some more JK.... Back in the day, many saw me as a master of the sabering arts. Nothing gives you more respect than taking out a whole line of conky lover's with only a saber, regardless of force. Ah the memories.....

The ONLY reason I stopped playing is I started to get a funky bug.... only 10% of my attacks were getting through.... still not sure what causes it. If I could figure it out, I'd be all for a game.

Even in it's simplified form, I find it better in multiplayer than JO. Go figure.
 xcountryman03
04-09-2003, 3:40 AM
if we were to do this, i'd go with JO b/c JK is about 1500 miles away at my home, rather then in my dorm room with me. I gotta get JO reinstalled tho.
 The_One
04-09-2003, 6:29 AM
What's to stop us doing both? And making it a regular thing :p
 Boba Rhett
04-09-2003, 6:32 AM
Can I get in on this? I miss JK so much!
 The_One
04-09-2003, 6:40 AM
Sure! Anyone who's up for a game, post here then we can organise details :D
 The Count
04-09-2003, 12:36 PM
I wanna play I'm a Dark Forces forum regular
 Geoffrey S
04-09-2003, 1:25 PM
If anyone's interested there's a project going to make Dark Forces multiplayer with the Outlaws engine. I haven't heard much from it lately, but I did make a level for it a while back. Could be interesting?
 The_One
04-09-2003, 2:42 PM
Originally posted by Geoffrey S
If anyone's interested there's a project going to make Dark Forces multiplayer with the Outlaws engine. I haven't heard much from it lately, but I did make a level for it a while back. Could be interesting?

Cool :) Got a link to any project info or anything?
 Geoffrey S
04-09-2003, 2:50 PM
No real project page as such, but there's a section of the forums at DF-21 dedicated to it, and I'll be releasing my level as a small demo sometime soon.
 Katarn07
04-09-2003, 3:46 PM
I remember a download for the MP believe it or not when reading up on some DF FAQ... Might be imagining that.

OK. We can do different things.

I here infinity is a saberist? Hmmm, sounds like a good person to play against. I too was once considered a good saberist, especially since I was a n00b on the Zone... I was asked to join two or three leauges, I joined WLP for a week before quitting...

OK. We've alredy got a JK/ MotS game some what arranged. How's Battleground Jedi sound to you? Neutral Force only? That's what I'm best at.

Also, we should make our player names in the game our LF name to reduce confusion.

And by all means, get Rhett into it! :p
 The_One
04-09-2003, 6:19 PM
Yeah sure!

We should meet on the IRC channel at a set time, then sort out who'll host and hand out IPs etc..

When shall we do it then?
 Katarn07
04-09-2003, 7:29 PM
Well, there would be more than one game (JK only supports 4 people at once.... :( )

JO holds 16? I don't even know... Anyhow, perhaps we should have a tournament or something for those playing JK or MotS (make up your mind guys, I have both, but some of you might not... I never really played MotS online much, only the Bespin Gantry)

Anyhow, I'm free... over the weekend for this week. I'm going out tomorrow and might do so Friday as well... So. Lets get on that IRC Channel. Where is it, by the way? Link?

*** Here it is (http://darkforces.jediknightii.net/chat/chat.html)

Hmmm, how does one find there IP Address? I used to play over the zone. We can lock the lobbies so only we can enter...
 Jeff 42
04-09-2003, 11:07 PM
"JK only supports 4 people at once...."

Not true. If you're playing on the Zone you can only have four people in a game. If you have someone host the game you can have more.
 Infinity Blade
04-10-2003, 1:20 AM
I here infinity is a saberist? Hmmm, sounds like a good person to play against. :D I've beaten some contest champs and was kicking some ass in the A.G.J-K newsgroup for a little while.

Got a lot of offers to join up with various places, but I didn't feel like commiting to any group. That and I kind of have irregular schedules, so being in any tournaments or a part of any league/clan is pointless.

If I can get my JK running properly, I'd be glad to give ya a run for your money. ;)

Anyone else have that problem? ( The one where you swing/shoot 7-10 times and only 1 attack shows up on the others' computers?)
 michael_collins
04-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Im more of a snubby jock at heart but id be up for a game of JO (only thing is, am i a regular?)
 Katarn07
04-10-2003, 3:45 PM
Of course you are. You only post here at the DF forum at LF, so yes it makes you one...

I'd make a list of the regulars, but I'd leave someone out and won't even attempt such a feat.

More than 4 players can play?! Cool. OK, yeah. I haven't played in a while and might have to have a few practice runs.

By the way, I am no longer doing anything today and we pushed our plans back because some people couldn't come...

Soooo, I am free for a while until me and my friend reschedule.
 The Count
04-10-2003, 4:55 PM
I'd love to play this game I've just reinstalled JK aswell however controls are weird.
 The_One
04-11-2003, 6:59 AM
Ugh, you take things far too literally...

By "regulars", I basically meant anyone who's around here. Pretty much anyone who's up for a game and happens to see this thread ;)
 Boba Rhett
04-12-2003, 7:45 AM
I'm game for anything as long as we can play one that's Oasis, Force Level 4, sabers and guns. :D
 Katarn07
04-12-2003, 7:38 PM
I guess I can play Canyon Oasis with you Rhett. I just hope level 4 Force has pull so I can take your gun and saber you down! I haven't seen the Force menu in half a year... :p

Catwalk where all of those bacta tanks will be reserved for duels, no interference would be nice. We all know eachother well enough not to do cheap tricks like have fists out for peace and whip out our conc as you pass... :rolleyes: I hated those bas****s almost as much as hackers...

When is this gonna happen? I'm getting quite anxious.
 The_One
04-13-2003, 8:40 AM
OK, for a game of JK1, we have definitely:

The_One
Katarn07
Boba Rhett

And if they can get their games sorted out:

infinity_blade
Count_D00ku

Any more?

Now we are at a stage to organise a time. How does next Sunday (20th) sound? We will have to organise time differences. What time zone is everyone in? I am on GMT (+0) - ie. London.

I'm really up for this now :p
 Infinity Blade
04-13-2003, 9:26 AM
Should also see if we can get in a game of BGJ Sabers NF..... My favorite.

I have some things to do today and tomorrow, but I might be able to get to cracking on some JK/JO stuff afterwards.....

I plan to get my JK working, Finish Kyle and Jan... and start on a project I have yet to name. ;)
 Katarn07
04-13-2003, 10:28 AM
I am in -6, Chicago-land of Illinois...

I will join infinity in BGJ no force. That was always my favorite as well... If there are no more for Canyon Oasis, I guess any of could join you. I am terrible with guns in JK though... :rolleyes:
 boinga1
04-28-2003, 6:17 PM
has this already happened or what?!!?
 Infinity Blade
04-30-2003, 3:14 PM
Not to my knowledge. The One has been pretty busy lately, I've been busy and sick, and I haven't heard anything about it since...

I dunno how long it'll be till we can get together on this. I've freed up more time now, but Rich will be fairly busy for another month yet from my understanding. We'll have to get ahold of him to see if he'll be able to squeeze in a game.

Don't worry, I think we'll be able to get in a game sometime before long. I know how much all of you are wanting to get some revenge for April Fools.... :D
 The_One
04-30-2003, 6:16 PM
Haha!

I used to be pretty good on all modes of JK :p Anyway, as infinity pointed out, I'm pretty busy for the next month or so. So in about a month's time, I'm game :)

There's nothing to stop you guys meeting up though...

If you can all leave contact details here, I'll be in touch to sort out the "official" game :D
 Katarn07
04-30-2003, 6:26 PM
Well, Infinity, PM me here when you have some time off. We could try goin' 1 on 1 in BGJ no Force if all else fails. :)
 The Count
04-30-2003, 8:35 PM
I'm still up for this game however I got my A Levels coming up right about now so you know before we spend hours and hours frying eachother with our Concussion Rifles, I need to finish those exams, then only the power cell ammo limits can stop us!
 Infinity Blade
04-30-2003, 8:48 PM
Oh believe me... My lightsaber will stop you long before the powercell limit will. :D
 Infinity Blade
04-30-2003, 8:58 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Well, Infinity, PM me here when you have some time off. We could try goin' 1 on 1 in BGJ no Force if all else fails. :) Well, I still need someone to help me... to see if I've got this JK weapons problem solved....

I don't want the unfair disadvantage of only 5 percent of my attacks going through.. that's just a little TOO much for me. ;)
 HapSlash
04-30-2003, 9:29 PM
If he ever does get his game to work right,... don't play with him you can't win.

Back when JK was popular, people were always trying to compare themselves to the great Infinity Blade. They would constantly challenge him to duels, and have him mop the floor with their asses.

I've never been overly fond of the lightsaber, So when I started kicking his ass with it, we knew something was up.
 Infinity Blade
04-30-2003, 9:50 PM
Yeah.. it was odd as hell.....

I knew something was wrong when I told them to stop so I could talk to them... when we got done talking.. I was so angry I was gonna take acheap shot and kill them before they were ready (Hey.. I was REALLY mad)...

So I'm standing there... and they continued to talk.. and I'm sitting there WAILING AWAY at a person standing still and typing to me. I asked if any of my swings were showing....

The following was a mixed confusion of "Huh"s, "what"s, "I don't get what you're saying"s, from everyone, even me. Eventually we figured that some were going through... but very few....

It's embarassing when your lightsaber can't get it up. :D

I really was pretty good though. I remember so many people hating me, finding it unfair that I had this big powerful Lightsaber, and all they could muster was a concussion rifle.

Heh.. I even made a joke Proclaiming myself the Master of the NF Saber...... Nobody objected. ;)

I'm outta practice though, so I should be pretty vulnerable the first few games.
 Emon
05-01-2003, 1:37 AM
Come to #massgames (Massassi Games) on irc.holonet.org. It's pretty much the only place where you can find a good JK or MotS game (although JO is played too). I don't count the Zone, because hardly anyone is there and it's just not good.
 Katarn07
05-01-2003, 5:52 PM
Well, me and my friend played together for a week, and that was around the time I quit JK1 online.

But we devised the game of Kill the Rodian with the Golden Saber, in which everyone chased me around levels with sabers only and tried to kill me. :p

I was a bit cocky, but I always placed 1st or 2nd. :)

Well, I to haven't played in a while. I play with a keyboard and people were like, "wtf?!"

lol

Oh well. Hope you clear that problem up ;)
 The Count
07-22-2003, 11:32 AM
We still on for this?
Page: 1 of 1