Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

yes no maybe so?

Page: 1 of 1
 ILR
04-05-2003, 6:45 PM
This place (http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/apr03/jedi.html) said that there was a demo of JKIII shown at a Madison, Wisconson press conference. If the peeps at Raven browse this forum, would it be at all possible to release this demo sometime in the future? Give us something to chew on for the next few months. -_- who am I kiddin? this'll fall on deaf ears, but if anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who might get in touch with a guy who knows someone on the Raven team, then forward this message that lettin the public have the demo will only increase excitement about the title. PLZ RELEASE IT!
 master_thomas
04-05-2003, 6:52 PM
I really want that demo too, but think of it as an appetizer. By August, we'll be starving. By October (Probably when it will come) we'll be fed up waiting. If it comes in November, we'll be screaming for it. Who wants that? It better be big, long, demo level with decent force and double bladed or two lightsabers.
 Wacky_Baccy
04-05-2003, 7:01 PM
Posted by ILR
This place (http://www.gamesdomain.com/gdreview/depart/apr03/jedi.html) said that there was a demo of JKIII shown at a Madison, Wisconson press conference. If the peeps at Raven browse this forum, would it be at all possible to release this demo sometime in the future? Give us something to chew on for the next few months. -_- who am I kiddin? this'll fall on deaf ears, but if anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who might get in touch with a guy who knows someone on the Raven team, then forward this message that lettin the public have the demo will only increase excitement about the title. PLZ RELEASE IT!All in good time ;)

After all, the game itself isn't due out for another six months (give or take), so they're not going to release one any time soon (if they release one at all)... I do hope that they release a demo before the game this time, though... I agree that it would be good :) :D
 Silent_Thunder
04-05-2003, 7:29 PM
The demo they showed at Madison was most likely just a technical demo with poor balance, lots of bugs ect. It was probably just a demo for that particular instance; showing it's current progress. Nothing like a real demo I bet.

Anyways, I personally don't care about a demo this early... it's been less than a week since we found out about 'JKIII' (Gonk exluded ofcourse!). I personally doubt we'll get a demo before the release though...
 legameboy
04-05-2003, 7:48 PM
if they dont release a demo, there will be more hype and lots of people will buy it, but most people i know will just get a demo and play and play and play until they get fed up and they get another demo...
 ILR
04-06-2003, 12:05 AM
Oops! I thought everyone was on the same page... when I said demo I didn't mean like a downloable alpha game like that leaked DoomIII game. I mean the demonstration movie they showed in the press conference. I'm almost positive it must have been just a movie of the gameplay, because that would be more practicle for the devs to do. I'm asking if they could release that movie demo they showed. Which they should do.. OH PRETTY PLZ!!!!!!!!!!
 Wacky_Baccy
04-06-2003, 12:23 AM
Ahhhhh - it makes a lot more sense now :D

Yes, I *really* hope they release it too... Even though the gameplay will probably 1) change between now and release, and 2) look a lot like JK2 (barring the new sabre styles)............ Having said that, I'd sell the mods into slavery to get a peek at how the new styles play out :D

Although I do sometimes wonder where Rhett got all of his basket-making Elves... Quite a few mods have disappeared over the last year or so... o.o;
 .:Solusar:.
04-06-2003, 4:18 AM
Im pretty sure everyone would want a demo for jk3.. but are they gonna release one? or thinking about it?
 Jolts
04-06-2003, 5:07 AM
the only thing raven could tell you about a demo for jka is that its up to lucas arts not them. Raven makes the game and lec controls them.
 master_thomas
04-06-2003, 12:21 PM
If Raven could control the release of a demo, you could try, if desperate, PMing ChangKahn[RAVEN], who is the only Raven employee hear in the forums that I know of, but I wouldn't do that. Too pushy to Raven (who, as I said before, we should not push. We should be greatful for making JK2. Why should they suffer our anticipation mail?) and we'll make so many posts, the forums will come to a near halt in a week. Think about what will happen in six months.

How 'bout a trailer in two months and the demo two months after that. Be patient.
 Hekx
04-06-2003, 12:26 PM
The demo of the game won't be out for a while.

But there's a stuck thread on the www.ravenforums.com) JA forums about signing up for beta testing. :p

*Watches everyone flock over there* :eyeraise:
 MuRaSaMuNe
04-06-2003, 2:22 PM
It'll probably be played during e3.
Page: 1 of 1