Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FINAL VERSION: JA Mod 1.2

Page: 1 of 1
 zERoCooL2479
03-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Wow this is hot...a must download! Check out these new options in 1.2:

-Admin and/or Knight login access can be Enabled/Disabled to disallow secondary admins . (If both set to 0, the rcon will have only access)
-All Admin Commands can be Enabled(default)/Disabled.
-All Emotes now default to Enabled.
-Cannot challenge or accept duels when emoted.
-Flag Carriers can only challenge/accept duels when opponent is carrying a flag.
-g_mFlagTrick - If enabled, Flag Carriers can now use mindtrick only if empowered.
-mterminator - turns client into a superb fighting machine.
-munterminator - turns client back to normal.
-Trainer Admin now has access to use the mnpcaccess and mnpcnoaccess command for NPC's. (amnpcaccess, amnpcnoaccess)
-g_mDoubleSaberEmpowered - toggles enabled/disabled double saber for empowered clients.
-g_mDuelStats - toggles enabled/disabled for duelers to see stats after duel. (Winner, HP, Armor)
-g_mNoDuelSuicide - if enabled, user cannot use the \kill command during duels.
-Tweaked Admin Commands for other gamemode compatibilities.
-Client's nick can now be 50 characters rather than 36.
-Tweaked all (except CTF) messages with the color white to compensate for colored names.
-Jedi Vs. Merc mode - Mercs get hurt a little easier than Jedi.
-Jedi Vs. Merc mode - Empowered only works on Jedi, Terminator only works on Merc.
-Optimized Source code to increase speed and stability.

Get it now at the Jedi Academy Website (academy.jediknightii.net)
 Hekx
03-29-2003, 10:30 AM
Have you resubmitted it to http://www.pcgamemods.com?)

There's was a file up which I downloaded that seemed to have been damaged.
 zERoCooL2479
03-31-2003, 1:44 AM
Here is the link

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=12222)

Hekx: I have resubmitted it to them but they havent posted it and yes that version was damaged. My VS.NET was having trouble saving for some reason. Anyways, the above link it the version that people want to get...Cheers!!
 razorace
03-31-2003, 4:05 AM
Yeah, the file sites have a serious lag issue with posting.

What do you think of VS.net? I'm fairly happy with it. It's a bit of a information overload at times but I really like the fact that Find in Files has a shortcut. :D
 zERoCooL2479
04-01-2003, 11:36 PM
It pretty good. It was weird when it started to act strangely...I had to save my files in a text document before I had time to fix VS .NET All is well now...Hope you guys are enjoying 1.2

Peace!!
 razorace
04-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I like it too but it's taking a while to get used to. The whole "Solution"/"Project" system is weird vs VS 6. And there's no directory or Whole Solution options in the Find in Files menu.
 RenegadeOfPhunk
04-02-2003, 4:19 AM
I like .NET overall. Some of the little things are pretty neat - like the auto-hideable sidewidows. Not only nifty, but it does allow you to see more code at once, which does increase your productivity...

The solution / project thing won't seem worth much if you only have one or two projects in a solution - like JKII, but once you have solutions containing almost 100 projects like we do at work, it starts to make sense... :)

To use 'Find in Files' across, say, the whole JKII project, select 'All Searchable Items' in the 'Look In:' drop down box...
 razorace
04-02-2003, 4:52 AM
Ah...cool. and how do you turn on the autohide windows?

Sorry, I've only had it a week or so. :)
 RenegadeOfPhunk
04-02-2003, 5:13 AM
open up, say, the Solution Explorer window and then look at the top-right of the window. You'll see a tack icon. (Hover the cursor over it and you'll see 'Auto-Hide'.)

If you click this, the tack will turn sideways. Then, when you click back in the main window, the window should slide out to the side. To bring it back, move your cursor over the 'tab' now showing at the side...
 razorace
04-02-2003, 5:23 AM
ah, that's much better. Thanks. :)

Now the Dark Side (UT2k3) is calling me. Must...resist...Syrin's...call....
 Zathu Koon
04-05-2003, 2:27 PM
Great job... I love it. :)

Any plans on releasing the source?
 zERoCooL2479
04-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Still debating on whether to release the source code or not. Perhaps I may hold on to it and make a conversion to "Jk3" before handing anything out....
 Hekx
04-10-2003, 11:12 PM
I think you should hold onto it, and make a JKIII mod, and then maybe release the source when JA is out. ;)

Any chance you can fix the /amthink emote?
The 'unstuck' animation, seems to jam-up a little.
With that said, any thoughts on adding a few more emotes to a newer version? :D
 .:Solusar:.
04-11-2003, 1:59 AM
This might be a dumb question but don't be mean, im kind of new with the JA mod but when i loaded it up and stuff, and im in the game and i wan't to like punish people it says that it doen't know what that command is, im pretty sure im typing it correctly but that thingy always pops up. any help? am i supposed to type something in first?
 zERoCooL2479
04-12-2003, 4:22 PM
Originally posted by CyBerNetiX
This might be a dumb question but don't be mean, im kind of new with the JA mod but when i loaded it up and stuff, and im in the game and i wan't to like punish people it says that it doen't know what that command is, im pretty sure im typing it correctly but that thingy always pops up. any help? am i supposed to type something in first?

If it gives you the "unknown command" error chances are the mod isnt being loaded. First you need to setup your passwords and such in the academy.cfg file.

Then, launch game and in the setup menu, go to the mods section and select JA Mod. Then click Load. Create your server. When your in game, open the console (shift ~) and type \exec academy.cfg
That will load your settings in the cfg file. Once that is done, you can now log in as an admin. In the console, type \amlogin <password> (its what you set in the academy.cfg file) then you can use the commands at your will :-)

Hope this clarify's everything for you. Good Luck!!
 zERoCooL2479
04-12-2003, 4:29 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
I think you should hold onto it, and make a JKIII mod, and then maybe release the source when JA is out. ;)

Any chance you can fix the /amthink emote?
The 'unstuck' animation, seems to jam-up a little.
With that said, any thoughts on adding a few more emotes to a newer version? :D

That's kind strange that it happens like that. I'll see what I can do, thanks for making a note about it :D
Page: 1 of 1