Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: Barriss Offee

Page: 1 of 1
 Rebel_Spy
02-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Sometime ago, when I was starting to learn all the stuff about modeling I pull this together. I am have plans for this model, so I will work parallel with my other wip, Quin.

http://www.geocities.com/jvaliant/barriss_wip_01.txt)

All feedback is welcome. Hope you like the model.

here, some background of the model...

Star Wars Databank (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/barrissoffee/)

Barriss is from the species Mirialan. She is often impulsive, though somewhat reserved, and not easily intimidated. There have been times on missions that she would rather have been weilding her lightsaber than dealing with diplomacy. She is the Padawan learner of Luminara Unduli, and joined her master, as well as Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan, Anakin Skywalker, on a mission to the planet Ansion on a diplomatic mission. During the mission a few of the natives tried to kidnap Barriss, but were unsuccessful because she was able to look past their guises.

Appears in: The Jedi Apprentice Series by Jude Watson, I'm not sure exactly what books; Attack of the Clones for a brief second in a scene in Palpatine's office, and I believe she can also be glimpsed in the Arena battle.

Barriss Offee was played by actress Nalini Krishan.
...[taken from the web, don't remember where]

and some pics...

Amanda's Universe - Barriss Offee Costume (http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~meerdia/meerdia/costume/barrissoffee.shtml)
 Mest
02-03-2003, 1:01 AM
sweeeeeeeeet
 El Sitherino
02-03-2003, 1:17 AM
i agree with mest
http://www.wsmcafe.com/users/02022012yd2/image2index.jpg) l337 grandpa likes it too.
cant wait to see it turn out rebel.
 Sinister12
02-03-2003, 3:58 AM
That looks great!

Some pointers though:-

* She doesn't have such a narrow waist. If you look at pictures of her, she doesn't have such a slim build around the waist like that

* If you can get some ripples into the skirt that would be cool.

Great work so far though. Barriss and Luminara are cool.
 Rebel_Spy
02-03-2003, 9:23 PM
Originally posted by Sinister12

* She doesn't have such a narrow waist. If you look at pictures of her, she doesn't have such a slim build around the waist like that

Yeah, I know, she seems to have a little tummy

Originally posted by Sinister12

* If you can get some ripples into the skirt that would be cool.

I will do something about it. great idea, thanks dude!
 Sinister12
02-03-2003, 9:46 PM
No problems. I really want this model to be kickass because it's nice to see slowly alot of the Jedi being modelled. Once your satisfied with the body then you can move onto the head/face, etc. One thing at a time though. I for one will provide as much feedback as I can as you post more newer shots:)
 Rebel_Spy
02-03-2003, 9:55 PM
I did some work on the face already, but I don't have a screenshot with me right now.
 Sinister12
02-04-2003, 1:00 AM
That's Ok dude, whenever your ready to post a screen of it, go for it. I'll offer my critique when you do so.;)
 Altus_Thrawn
02-05-2003, 8:18 PM
Very nice. Barris is awsome
My things:
1) She seems to have VERY long legs in proportion to her height.
2) Her waist wasn't that slim, but she certainly wasn't fat. :D :naughty:
 Rebel_Spy
02-06-2003, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn

1) She seems to have VERY long legs in proportion to her height.

Well, I don't know but I was using the jk2-jo original skeleton as reference. But I'll check in more detail.
 Admiral_Ackbar8
02-07-2003, 5:50 PM
i agree with thrawn on his seconf suggestion but besides that its a really nice model and i think it is very deatiled
keep up the good work
 Darth NeoVenom
02-07-2003, 6:03 PM
The model looks great. I was waiting for someone to make a Barris Offee model. :D :saberr: :dmaul3: :sprobe: :sithm: :holosid:
 Khier
02-08-2003, 2:12 AM
Very nice so far, and you say you've got Quinlan in the works, to? I'll have to check that out, too :)
 AJL
02-22-2003, 3:00 PM
Soo... where are we here ?? new shots ?? new something ??
 Hekx
02-22-2003, 4:42 PM
It's good to see another female model in the works. :)
There's not that many JKII Female models about to reskin..
 AJL
02-23-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Hиkx Nтxъ
It's good to see another female model in the works. :)
There's not that many JKII Female models about to reskin..

Yes yes but the question is: Is it still in the works ???

or is is cancelled ???

If it is still in the works then... any update ???
 boinga1
02-23-2003, 5:41 PM
good question...is it?
 Rebel_Spy
02-23-2003, 6:49 PM
It's not cancelled, guys. I'm just a little busy working on my thesis. I will post an update this week.
 AJL
02-24-2003, 7:22 AM
I am happy to hear that :)
 Rebel_Spy
03-02-2003, 7:51 PM
I was sick, so I apologies to you guys for the no post lately in this project. But everything looks fine so far, my other project, Quin, is also a little bit behind schedule, but I'll put more hours on the mesh development.
 Rebel_Spy
04-15-2003, 1:26 PM
She is not dead, I have some other wips on the queue, so when I finish with Vegito and Quinlan, she is the next one.
 DarkLord60
04-15-2003, 5:23 PM
Its lookin great cant wait to see more screenies
 .:Solusar:.
04-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Wow how many models are you making right now? it seems to me a lot. I can't wait for quinlan vos and Barris offee to come out. There looking pretty good since i have seen them. Anyway Wish you good luck and keep up with the good work.:D
 Rebel_Spy
04-17-2003, 6:09 PM
Well, I have on the works: Quinlan Vos, Barriss Offee, Tholme, Vegitto, my personal lightsaber, and some other thing on my mind.
04-18-2003, 2:30 AM
:eek: Daaaang your a one busy person.. (claps encore encore)
Like i said before every single one of you models are looking pretty darn good!. I can't wait for all of you models to come out!. I have to look at Tholme i haven't seen him yet. but im sure that one is as darn good as the other ones.
 Rebel_Spy
04-19-2003, 4:56 PM
Yeah dude, and adds to that: college and work...Tholme is still in a early stage of development. I didn't make no thread for it.
04-21-2003, 10:35 PM
College and work, and making about a thousand models is pretty dang good if you can keep up. :) But remember school work comes first, so don't get bad grades and get fired over a couple of models. :D Keep up with the good work.
Page: 1 of 1