Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Bunker Wars Pics (big)

Page: 1 of 1
 DadMad
01-28-2003, 4:04 PM
 DadMad
01-28-2003, 4:06 PM
 Eldritch
01-28-2003, 6:50 PM
Looks fantastic, Dad*Mad!

My only question is - how playable is it? I'm running a 1.53 GHz Athlon with 512 MB of RAM and a 64 MB video card, and I couldn't play Palace Wars because of slowdown.

As I said, it looks great, but I'd hate to have it and not be able to play it because of the framerate. :(
 The Truthful Liar
01-28-2003, 7:14 PM
Please resize and/or compress your images! :|
 DadMad
01-28-2003, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by Aru-Wen
Looks fantastic, Dad*Mad!

My only question is - how playable is it? I'm running a 1.53 GHz Athlon with 512 MB of RAM and a 64 MB video card, and I couldn't play Palace Wars because of slowdown.

As I said, it looks great, but I'd hate to have it and not be able to play it because of the framerate. :(

Well... ur system is close to mine... i got 14-50 Fps on BW without any FPS tuning, maybe I can get it up to 30-80 later...

Hmm this may sounds weird, but my first priority is to build as much detail as possible, and not to get the best framerate... ;)
Maybe its just a test for my own mapping skills... like saying "hey this detail is possible, not playable for a lot of ppl, but possible..."

On the other hand, games like Doom3 or Unreal2 will need a new system too... and if u got it, you will be able to play my maps too ;)

Originally posted by AB_Legion
Please resize and/or compress your images! :|

Why are u so negativ to me? Did I annoy u some time? :confused:
 The Truthful Liar
01-28-2003, 9:12 PM
Originally posted by DadMad
Why are u so negativ to me? Did I annoy u some time? :confused:

I'm not being negative, it just takes a long time for the screenshots to load so I'm telling you to compress your images otherwise I'll edit your img tags and people can click on the image link instead, would you prefer that? If you have a problem with the showcase rules PM me.
 Eldritch
01-29-2003, 8:42 AM
Originally posted by DadMad
Well... ur system is close to mine... i got 14-50 Fps on BW without any FPS tuning, maybe I can get it up to 30-80 later...

Hmm this may sounds weird, but my first priority is to build as much detail as possible, and not to get the best framerate... ;)
Maybe its just a test for my own mapping skills... like saying "hey this detail is possible, not playable for a lot of ppl, but possible..."

It doesn't sound so weird - as I said, it looks great. However, I'd love to be able to play a game in this wonderful looking map, rather than just tour it on my own. If you could get the FPS up between 30-80, that'd be awesome. :D
 Jman3ooo
01-29-2003, 9:23 AM
Collousal!
 Wudan
01-29-2003, 9:50 AM
Although I will most likely remain forever skeptical of this map, I am taken aback by it's beauty.

Beauty, however, is not always the handmaiden of complexity, and can be won with elegance and simplicity as well.
 SupremePain
01-29-2003, 11:20 AM
looking sweet.... ehh Legion is there a rule about to big pics? no offense grand over master of all moderaters, please dont hurt me:D
 The Truthful Liar
01-29-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks Dadmad. :-)

Originally posted by SupremePain
ehh Legion is there a rule about to big pics?

Yes. Doesn't anyone read the rules which so happens to be stuck on the top of each showcase forum and sub-forum nowadays? :| http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82973)
 DeTRiTiC-iQ
01-31-2003, 12:25 AM
I would say its too dark. Moody lighting never translates well to CTF in my experience.
 Altus_Thrawn
01-31-2003, 6:26 PM
Looking excellent, hopefully it will run, but bueatiful detail. The shots look dark, but in the spirit of the map, not overly dark. I like it. :)
 DadMad
01-31-2003, 8:54 PM
Ive add a new effekt 4 one of the standart models... now it looks a little bit better I guess ;)

http://asuka.clanintern.de/dadmad/bw/BW.gif)

Sry Legion... the pic is a little bit bigger than 150kb... hope its ok ;)
 Darth Link
02-01-2003, 9:28 PM
aw that 1 doesnt work
 DadMad
02-02-2003, 7:27 AM
Ok, now it works ;)
Page: 1 of 1