Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Civies!

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
01-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Did any one else know there are bars/ cantinas in DF?!
I didn't, until recently. What's decieving is there are no bartenders or civilians.

There are bars in the Nar Shaddaa level and one on Fuel Station Ergo. Will there be civilians added to these or not? Are there any civilian models out there? And if your were to do this, I guess you could take sound from civies in JK to use.
 ImmolatedYoda
01-11-2003, 1:02 PM
i dont really remember any bars in Nar, but i do remember the big one in Ergo. but civies on Ergo seems...sorta wrong to me. i mean, its like controlled by Imps and mercs so i wouldnt imagine there being any civs on it. just drunk stormies and grans.
 Darth_Linux
01-11-2003, 1:02 PM
Don't forget the bar in Talay Tak Base filled with imperials and roasted rebels . . .

It would probably be cool to add some NPC civilians to the bar on Nar Shadda . . .
 Katarn07
01-11-2003, 1:05 PM
OK, and please don't add a Chiss bartender! That is sooo repetitous...

I can see Ergo having no civies, so just add a bartender (if there is a bar, it has tables).
 Emon
01-11-2003, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07 OK, and please don't add a Chiss bartender! That is sooo repetitous...

Repetitious? It's been done once.
 Katarn07
01-11-2003, 4:27 PM
I have a couple mods that have them. And think about it, why would there be a Chiss bartender during that time period? Aren't they out somewhere in the Unknown Regions??? Use a reskinned Reelo Baruk for instance, or a redone Bespin cop (really redone) or use a new model if you want. I don't know. Just a suggestion.
 ImmolatedYoda
01-11-2003, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
Don't forget the bar in Talay Tak Base filled with imperials and roasted rebels . . .

It would probably be cool to add some NPC civilians to the bar on Nar Shadda . . .
:p :p :p i like the casuality of "roasted rebels" Darth :p. with a bartender on Ergo, he should be like an Imp just really low rank or something, like an officer that will shoot you yet looks like a bartender. and, like you Katarn07, i dont see a Chiss being on Nar, especially as a bartender. they are from the Unknown Regions.
 Katarn07
01-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Along with some other people at the SW boards, we made a story explaining that. I'd post a link, but you're not allowed to post links to other boards here...

He was some officer for Reelo Baruk, that's why he asked Kyle if he wanted a Ruby Bliel. That's the password to his base. Being a Lt. for a crime lord beats being a bartender, but it is still a stretch.

Where's the bar on Talay?

Is it that really big dark lit building you have to go through, and then behind it is the hydro-power generator?

If so, I don't think I've ever revisited any building after completing the 1st objective. Except for the main one at the beginning/ end.
 ImmolatedYoda
01-12-2003, 12:40 PM
you are correct about the placement of the bar in Talay Katarn07.
 Katarn07
01-12-2003, 5:30 PM
That level had a lot of reinforcements, so I just ran away (without the run button, didn't know it existed all those years ago) so I wouldn't die.
 Emon
01-12-2003, 7:46 PM
Why would you want to add civies? What happened to your, "omg liek don't add anything it should be exactly DF!!" policy?
 ImmolatedYoda
01-12-2003, 9:30 PM
Emon, havent you noticed that he has been the one who has been making these calls for Rebus as a boss, rodians and weequays in the mod, etc?
 Darth_Linux
01-13-2003, 12:49 AM
I don't think we'll be adding ANY civies to the Talay level . . . doesn't make any sense.
 ImmolatedYoda
01-13-2003, 2:45 AM
yes, all i want to see in Talay is a whole whole bunch of charred rebel scum. ALL DEAD. lying in the chairs, crushed under doors and lampposts, about to fall into the water, leaning against the walls, sprawled out on the ground....
 michael_collins
01-13-2003, 11:23 AM
I was wondering if the modders would take into consideration that theres a lot of factories and research labrotories as well as imperial bases with technical areas.

With this in mind will the technician skin from Jedi Outcast be used in these areas ?

I was wondering this cos of the civillians poll. perhaps it would help to give variety, bear in mind that before you flame me i dont care if this idea is even considered its just my 2 cents
 Geoffrey S
01-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Sorta like RtCW?
Civilians sounds like a great idea. Certainly on Nar Shadda, and possibly some on Ergo. I know, Ergo was controlled by Imps, but that doesn't stop some civilians from hanging around. The lack of civilians on Nar in JO was disappointing. And about the Chiss as bartender in the mod, that would be a great homage to JO. If JO did it, why not this mod?
 Emon
01-13-2003, 1:24 PM
I don't know, I'm all confused, that's why I asked.
 Katarn07
01-13-2003, 4:53 PM
You should just put this in my Civies! thread, because this might be spamming.
 Katarn07
01-13-2003, 4:57 PM
Originally posted by Emon
I don't know, I'm all confused, that's why I asked.

Since change is iminent, as seen in the polls on the main page, I am getting the changes I'd like to see.
 ImmolatedYoda
01-13-2003, 6:20 PM
agreed.
 Katarn07
01-13-2003, 6:51 PM
If you are referring to workers though, yes, there is talk of adding them to certain levels.
 michael_collins
01-14-2003, 10:25 AM
thats why i didnt post it in the civvies thread cos theyre not exactly ncps, ya know? they carry blasters and thus how are they civillians.

didnt mean to spam btw, how do i move this entire thread over to urs ?
 Katarn07
01-14-2003, 1:53 PM
I think that's the mods job. Very leniant mods, thank you very much The_One, Darth_Linux, and Kurgan.
Page: 1 of 1