Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WIP: MGS Ninja Grey Fox

Page: 2 of 3
 Hellfire Jedi
01-17-2003, 5:58 PM
My bro did a reskin of this about 30minutes.
E-mail me if you wanna see it....
 SupremePain
01-17-2003, 6:19 PM
glad to say, im back i was away from my comp for a couple of days so i havent realy been skinning gray fox but i was right about to go work on him (i dont realy have any homework this weekend so lots of spare time[YAY])
*runs of to skin*
 [SM]Maximus
01-17-2003, 6:48 PM
hi guys im hellfire's bro, just sayin that my bro gave me the model and i did a quick skin of it, not bad actually ill have him put a zip of it on his site if u want him too, ksk h2o.

Just tell me if u want it up on the site and im sure he will be happy to throw it on there ;)

Maximus
 [SM]Maximus
01-17-2003, 6:51 PM
and ksk h2o, ill be more than happy to help you skin the model, i need the experiance
 ksk h2o
01-18-2003, 9:54 AM
Cool, I'm really looking forward to seeing you guy's work. Just drop me a PM or an email with the link to the skin and I can check it out.

Thanks for the help guys. I think the model's going to look sweet once he has a cool skin on. :D
 [SM]Maximus
01-18-2003, 11:49 AM
alrighty ill have my bro add it to his site and ill pm u the url in a bit

Maximus
 Legolas
01-18-2003, 12:10 PM
I think i have gray fox on my msn list how is hes email
 Mex
01-18-2003, 12:14 PM
I am glad to see that there is some progress, and you have gotten a skinner.

But I am not very glad because people are posting "Bump" over and over again, if anyone else posts bump again, I shall tell a moderator/admin. :)
 SupremePain
01-18-2003, 6:36 PM
ksk h2o
, i just saw a pic of what Maximus did..... it looks freaking awesome i dont think i could it skin it that well becuase i have never even tried the game .... his looks kicking :D
 [SM]Maximus
01-18-2003, 6:40 PM
ksk for some wird reason when i took the screeny i noticed that the shader did not work on gray fox, i think either i pk3ed it wrong or the shader needs to be reapplyed

i hope u can get it worken easyily

Maximus
 ksk h2o
01-19-2003, 9:11 AM
Cool, I took a quick look at the image and he looks sweet. :D I'm currently away from home and cant play with the new skin untill I get back towards the weekend. I'll be sure to check him out then.

It would be great to also see your work Supreme Pain, I'd like to include as many skins from different skinners as possible but if you think it would be redundant thats ok :D

Maximus' skin does look sweet, I looked in the PK3 and saw one thing though... if you look above the area where the arm is in one of the skins included with the model you'll see a small hexagon-shaped thing... that's where the elbowpad maps to. In Maximus' skin that area was blank like in the original shadowtrooper, so unless the model was re-mapped, the elbowpad must look blank (haven't been able to run it in game since I am away).

I'll try to add better feedback when I get back.

Cheers
 kerocool
01-23-2003, 2:17 PM
please send it to me and let me look at it pls will u do that ?.
email kerocool@hotmail.com have msn then my name is Paine and icq is 211339088 only if u wanted to know:)
 ~angel~
01-23-2003, 2:51 PM
Dunno if anyone has said this but there was already a Grey Fox skin released a couple days ago. Mabey you were going for a different looking Grey Fox than the one in MGS but the skinned released already looks exactly like him. Its at that Massassi Temple or whatever website.

OH! Also a Shadowtrooper witha workable cloak was just put up at another website. You hit a button to cloak him and hit it again to turn it off. That would work great with Grey Fox too since he does that kinda stuff.
 Hellfire Jedi
01-23-2003, 2:55 PM
Angel that was a skin on massasi this is a MODEL. And sorry kero my bro I think only wants the maker h20 to have it because he made the model. I added a zip to the model also so all you can download but only me ksk and max can extract it. (thats how we like it to be) So if you can wait till release without be a nuisance I will make sure you get it first.
 ~angel~
01-23-2003, 4:01 PM
Ya thats why i called it a SKIN. And it looks exaclty like Grey Fox from the game. And there is already another model in progress of Grey Fox that looks exactly like him too. Just saying there is one released that is worth noting.

By the way...why make him look diff than what he does ingame?...just wanted to?
 Classic Luke
01-24-2003, 2:39 AM
I was wondering if once this model is completed, if anyone knows how to use shaders to simulate that "bending of light" effect for the camouflage that grey fox had in MGS2? Either way thought, the model does look tight! :)
 Azrael
01-24-2003, 4:09 PM
What site is that Shadowtrooper cloak on? That would be cool to see.
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
01-24-2003, 5:34 PM
i found the cloaking shadowtrooper :) heres the link m8es
http://www.starwarsconnection.net/jedioutcast/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&&req=getit&lid=288)

enjoy :D

i dunno how it works i just found it :)
 BahamutZERO
01-24-2003, 8:18 PM
Originally posted by ~angel~
Dunno if anyone has said this but there was already a Grey Fox skin released a couple days ago. Mabey you were going for a different looking Grey Fox than the one in MGS but the skinned released already looks exactly like him. Its at that Massassi Temple or whatever website.

OH! Also a Shadowtrooper witha workable cloak was just put up at another website. You hit a button to cloak him and hit it again to turn it off. That would work great with Grey Fox too since he does that kinda stuff.

That skin you speak of is actually a re-skin the "Metal Gear Solid 2: SOL" Ninja. Not Grey fox (a very bad skin at that)
I'm making a "real" model of the Ninja from MGS2:SOL you can take a look at it here:
http://forums.filesnetwork.com/showthread.php?threadid=18591)
 ~angel~
01-25-2003, 5:04 PM
Very bad?...if you are talking about the new skin I saw...the one form MGS 1...then it is dead on with exceptional ...everything. Only prob is the shadowtrooper model he used is a bit too ...thick?...looking. He needed to be skinnier. But all together it is a dead on resemblence.
 ksk h2o
01-26-2003, 1:47 PM
Just got back from my trip, I'll get to work on the model with maximus' skin asap. need to iron out a few bugs in the lods.

I'll have an update very soon.
 Azrael
01-26-2003, 7:36 PM
Umm... is it soon yet?:)
 ksk h2o
01-27-2003, 10:17 AM
I included Maximus' skin on the finished model with all the LODs.

Update added to the first post in thread which credits MAXIMUS for his great work and added screenshots to the model with his skin.

I want maximus to take a look at the final version before I can call the model semi-complete and would like him and Hellfire to beta test the last version, with the LODS to tell me if they find any serious problems with the LOD's. Otherwise, it seems we're ready to rock and roll.

Thanks Guys. :D
 Azrael
01-27-2003, 3:04 PM
Could I beta the model as well? I would greatly appreciate it. No, really, I would.

asstardrehole@yahoo.com
 [SM]Maximus
01-28-2003, 6:11 AM
kool cant wait to see the finished version :)
 ksk h2o
01-28-2003, 6:23 AM
Maximus, send me yout email so I can get in contact with you. The skin looks awesome. I need to send you the latest version I have and I have a small favor to ask you. Lets get in touch.

Azrael, as soon as we iron out a few details about the current model, I'll send you a pre-release beta version also so you can test it. But please do not distribute that version. THe final version should be out after you guys test it out.

Speak to you soon Maximus. :D
 Azrael
01-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Distribute it? I wouldn't even think about it? Cross my heart and hope to die!:) I patiently await your model.:D
 kerocool
01-28-2003, 1:39 PM
this model is looking cool when are u going to release it?
 kerocool
01-28-2003, 1:51 PM
can u send me the model?
 [SM]Maximus
01-28-2003, 2:58 PM
right now i have to fix my aol email so u can email me the stuff u need at his email blazoor@aol.com

all i have is hotmail and i can only send and recieve about 1024KB
so by tommorow ill have my aol up, i also have msn and aim if u have any of those.

maximus
 [SM]Maximus
01-28-2003, 5:12 PM
got my aol working email is Caladien111@aol.com
 ksk h2o
01-29-2003, 6:35 AM
Very cool, I sent you an email (I allready had sent one tot he forum email you have but I guess you get a lot of junk there and dont check it often... I know I dont with mine) :D

One important thing that I changed from the last model to this is the sounds. I noticed a lot of models had the chracter muttering something when he got hurt. Since I had made him just scream differently for different pain levels, I changed that to make him mutter some words on low pain and scream on higher levels of pain.

I'm thinking of changing the roll/jump sound since it's quite a sound... it's okay for a while but when you play with the model a lot it gets really annoying I think... let me know what you think.
 Hellfire Jedi
01-29-2003, 7:10 AM
Would I get the beta too? Also, I know this is off topic but you guys should know....
I have been playing Jk2 for a long ass time. And I figured I would try out other games. Exactly I got hooked. I don't exactly want to come back to Jk2, But I think I might play it here and there, once fantastic models like this one are out. :D
Good Luck finishing him KsK.
 SpYzEr
01-29-2003, 4:10 PM
Me too, Hellfire. I got Battlefield 1942 and i am sooo hooked :D Wont you get the beta anyways? You and cala are brothers. If I remember correctly when you got a beta cala got it too(when it was sent to you)
 [SM]Maximus
01-29-2003, 4:27 PM
ok im gonna go check my email now....spyzer i am cala :D

maximus
 Hellfire Jedi
01-29-2003, 4:28 PM
Me gots a load of games here are some:
BF1942 :)
Half Life (Gotta Love those modz)
And America's Army (downloaded roxxorz)
Well I have not received beta yet..... :)
 [SM]Maximus
01-29-2003, 6:55 PM
Great news ksk, i have gotten the new version, excelent.
I have also fixed the brown colors and made them more tan.I will be putting a screenshot on my new site...i am going t go make it now.
The model it self will not be on there of coarse but ill email u that asap...the url for my site will be, hope u like the pic, just a reminder the model will not be on the site, only an imgame picture.

www.geocities.com/maximus/)

Hope you like this ksk,

Maximus
 [SM]Maximus
01-29-2003, 7:15 PM
Sorry about posting 2 times in a row but the url for my site i gave u...someone already is using it so here is the correct url..

www.geocities.com/maximus02341/)

its up and running, may be cheezy cause i made it in a hurry but its got a pic of grayfox updated with the brown to tannish color.

Maximus
 MasterKoon237
01-29-2003, 8:25 PM
so can we dl this? I don't really understand?
 [SM]Maximus
01-29-2003, 8:41 PM
im not authorized to give it out so no u can only see a pic that ive posted, ksk hasnt said that i can do anyhting with it in that nature so i wont put it up for d/l just a pic of the progress
 «¦gшt ѓшrзл?¦»
01-29-2003, 8:43 PM
:eek: Nice skin & model guys !!!

Excelent work ksk its awsome

Cant wait for its release!:D
 ksk h2o
01-30-2003, 3:55 AM
I'm still fixing a few bugs with the model so the version is not final. It will be released very soon thoguh.

Hellfire just ask your bro to get the beta version from him.

:D
 Azrael
01-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Would I get it from him too?
 Azrael
01-30-2003, 12:18 PM
<------ Is it okay if I use this pic as my avatar?
 SpYzEr
01-30-2003, 6:27 PM
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi
Me gots a load of games here are some:
BF1942 :)
Half Life (Gotta Love those modz)
And America's Army (downloaded roxxorz)
Well I have not received beta yet..... :)

Seriously? I play America's Army too. I also have MOH Spearhead. What are your names in BF1942 and AA? Sry for off-topic :D
Nice model h2o! Can't wait for release.

PS: Waddap Caladien :D
 SpYzEr
01-30-2003, 6:29 PM
Stupid damned LF.... Sry for double post
 Hellfire Jedi
01-30-2003, 7:22 PM
BF1942: Plain Old Mike :D You?
AA: Hitman29
You won't see me latly on SCI servers on that game because my honor went down for getting TK'ed =/
 SpYzEr
01-30-2003, 7:53 PM
I use 'SpYzEr' on both :D And i dont think that you can get low honor for GETTING tked. I wish there was a search option for the servers on either of those games. :(
 [SM]Maximus
01-31-2003, 2:57 PM
Azrael i dont mind about that just to make sure check with ksk if its ok....cause it is a pic of his model

Maximus

BTW: ksk did u get my email? did u see my site? what do u think of the tanner color on grayfox?
 _NinjaGaiden_
02-01-2003, 6:05 PM
the body is sopposed to be blue and stuff i have a friend got it skinned for ya ksk ill send it shortly
Page: 2 of 3