Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Destroyable lights?

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Toddy
11-28-2002, 9:45 PM
I remember in the original, you could shoot out the lights and blow up those little rock thingys on the ground. Would it be possible to do this in the mod?
 ImmolatedYoda
11-28-2002, 10:34 PM
i dont know what little rock thingys you are talking about, but i remember the lights. i dont know if its possible in the mod, im glad the team at least made glass break when you shoot the lights.
 MilesTeg
11-29-2002, 7:56 AM
somehow it didnґt worked. I had this feature, where you can shoot out the red lights but I always got an error message when I tried to compile it. (must have something to do with colored and dynamic lights)
 Katarn07
11-29-2002, 1:11 PM
The first time I got up on that balcony overlooking the courtyard, I didn't finish off the commando in the corner sniping at me, nor did I try to take out the MSE airborne stormie taking pot shots at me, I aimed for those lights and fired away. I heard the glass break, and that was enough for me! :D
I did die then and there, however. And redoing that with that MSE airborne stormie was real tuff. Don't change that feature though, its fun!!!

*** Ooo, I hit 200! Why is an Ewok better than a Battle Droid?
 Darth_Linux
11-29-2002, 1:19 PM
there are tons of breakable objects in DF. We may try and do that with JO, but I'll have to see how much work it will involve . . .
 Emon
11-29-2002, 7:13 PM
Switchable lights are pretty easy in JO. I forget how, but they are pretty easy. You could try making the light a func_breakable, and have it trigger the light when destroyed.
 Crack 6K
11-30-2002, 3:48 AM
Are you talking about those little power generating things? Kinda like radioactive barrels in Doom? I don't believe those actually gave off dynamic light.... those are just detroyable objects with a light texture.
 MilesTeg
11-30-2002, 9:13 AM
Originally posted by Emon
Switchable lights are pretty easy in JO. I forget how, but they are pretty easy. You could try making the light a func_breakable, and have it trigger the light when destroyed.

The problem wasnґt destroying the lamps... The problem was turning off the light entities (the light would be still glowing although the lamps are gone...).

Everytime I linked them with a trigger I got an error msg when I tried to compile the map.

This method worked perfect with other light entities (e.g. one of the secrets).
 Katarn07
11-30-2002, 10:35 AM
MilesTeg, I must once again congratulate you on an awesome Avatar.
When you say you used that on a secret area, I can't think of one that involved any lights... Is that a reference to an easter egg possibly (hopefully).
 MilesTeg
11-30-2002, 10:47 AM
thx, I think itґs a nice feature to give you an idea whatґs the level Iґm working on :D

nope, itґs not a reference to an easter egg (btw: Itґs more like a simple feature than a real easter egg... Iґm sure you already stumbled over it...)

I meant the third secret in your list "Secret Areas and Easter Eggs (SPOILERS) ". The small room glows.
 ATMachine
11-30-2002, 3:58 PM
Pardon me, but what is an "MSE airborne stormtrooper?'' How did you get any to be airborne? Am I missing something?
 Katarn07
11-30-2002, 6:15 PM
Actually, the One revealed it to me. I was SO close to finding it too...

*** MSE Airborne Stormies are troops that run over the MSE droids and get some big air (due to low gravity) off of them. Boy, they're a good laugh and challenge...
Page: 1 of 1