Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Secret Areas...

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
11-27-2002, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I just got through with the demo and can't say how cool it is in words! Good job guys! But, I am having trouble finding all of the secret areas...
These are the ones I have found-
Extra Life in shaft on roof top
Armory in room after the DT plans room
Small opening in pillar opposite the balcony in the main hall
Extra Life (originally a revive) in courtyard caves
A room accessed before the DT holo, shut off by mashing devices

I know of the Emperor's lounge, but can't see the ledge I am supposed to jump to.
 MilesTeg
11-27-2002, 12:12 PM
lol, then I misunderstood your posting in the other thread :rolleyes:

a tip: ledge is at the same place...
 Geoffrey S
11-27-2002, 1:30 PM
DF is a shooting game. You blow stuff up.
Hope that helps.
 SettingShadow
11-27-2002, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by Geoffrey S
DF is a shooting game. You blow stuff up.
Hope that helps.

errrrr.... what does that got to do with this thread?????????
 Crack 6K
11-27-2002, 2:20 PM
Has everything to do with this thread :D
 Katarn07
11-27-2002, 6:57 PM
Well, except Miles_Teg's. I don't see that ledge. And it says there are 6 secret areas. I beg to differ. There are 7, although one of the areas doesn't announce that.

I found one while on the second level of the base overlooking the courtyard. There is a ledge with a shield hidden around a corner. But the extra life in the cave isn't one. In the original, that cave one was included. I think

Anyone, please help. I still need to find that ledge. Also, I'd like to know where those easter eggs are. Or at the very least, the general area where I can find them and how many there are...
 Bar_Tender
11-27-2002, 8:38 PM
Katarn: Milestag's and Geoffrey's comments are VERY closely related........

Sorry, I'm not gonna spell it out. Half the fun is in discovery!
 Katarn07
11-27-2002, 10:18 PM
I have been to that area many times in DF, I just can't seem to find the ledge. Its a bit dark, plus the sun reflecting off the snow outside is making the screen have a glare worse than any I have seen! Oh well, I'll replay the demo and attempt to find that place I'm talking about.

*** Ohhh. Thanks Miles. Just opened my mail. That helped a lot. I know that was not in the original! That was cool. You stumped such DF veterans as myself. Now I know what surprises to expect for the full mod! :D
 ImmolatedYoda
11-27-2002, 11:52 PM
bwahaha you fool! you did not see it! i laugh at you!
 MilesTeg
11-28-2002, 7:48 AM
;) itґs from the first original demo. You had to do this with most of the walls. I used it because it would have been too easy to find without it :D
 Katarn07
11-28-2002, 10:42 AM
But in the full version, its not there.
The only guns to used to do something like that are the TDs, the cannon, the IM mines, and the Mortar. But this was pretty cool. I also did notice that the rock was different there, but I was low on ammo my first time through (some stormie kept getting big air off a MSE and would not stand still. It seriously took me 400 shots to take him out! I learned how to deal with that later. Fists :D)

*** The readme doesn't say how many easter eggs there are. Could someone tell me? I will tear that base apart. I do know it, afterall, like the back of my hand.
 TheMadDoofer
11-28-2002, 12:43 PM
I found the Emperor's lounge, but the only way I could get to it was by using noclip. Is there another way?
 michael_collins
11-28-2002, 1:20 PM
you mere mortal, having to clip through the alls....tut tut....play the original again and u will find what you seek
 The_One
11-28-2002, 2:23 PM
On the subject of Easter Eggs:

You may have actually noticed the easter eggs whilst going round the level, but accessing them is a harder task.

That will make sense once you've found them :D
 TheMadDoofer
11-28-2002, 4:53 PM
Originally posted by michael_collins
you mere mortal, having to clip through the alls....tut tut....play the original again and u will find what you seek

Yeah, I'd love to, but it doesn't run on ME for my comp.:(
 Katarn07
11-28-2002, 6:27 PM
Blowing stuff up DOES indeed make a lot of sense!
You have to use a gun to access it.
 ImmolatedYoda
11-28-2002, 6:29 PM
fools. i remember all the secret areas from the original DF. 100% on secbase baby.
 Katarn07
11-28-2002, 6:35 PM
That was not in there!
I'm telling you, it is only after level 5! Level 6 has tons of that function.
That's when the mines and mortar are introduced into the game...
 TheMadDoofer
11-28-2002, 6:37 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Blowing stuff up DOES indeed make a lot of sense!
You have to use a gun to access it.

So you have to blow a hole in the wall to get to it?
 Katarn07
11-28-2002, 6:41 PM
I am 99.9% sure that that was not in the original, because I'm not the only person that was stumped...
 xcountryman03
11-28-2002, 7:40 PM
can anyone give me any hints as to where the easter eggs are?
 ImmolatedYoda
11-28-2002, 10:33 PM
no, it wasnt in the original katarn07. but i found it the first time because i knew it had to be there and im just smart. but after the first few playings of the original DF i never knew how to lower the barrier :p . finally found out last month. and as to easter eggs, i dont know of any, maybe when i get back ill try going around with noclip.
 Katarn07
11-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Katarn07

I also did notice that the rock was different there, but I was low on ammo my first time through (some stormie kept getting big air off a MSE and would not stand still. It seriously took me 400 shots to take him out! I learned how to deal with that later. Fists :D)

And if you'd read that, you'd know why I didn't do that right away...
 Darth_Linux
11-29-2002, 1:37 PM
there aren't any easter eggs in the demo, just the same secrets that were in the original, although one secret isn't labled as such, you just find something useful in a very dark place.
 The_One
11-29-2002, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Linux
there aren't any easter eggs in the demo, just the same secrets that were in the original, although one secret isn't labled as such, you just find something useful in a very dark place.

For once Dave is very wrong. There ARE easter eggs - and it seems no-one has found them. Darth has just forgotten ;)

I'm not kidding you. Here's about the biggest clue I can give without telling you:

Try pressing things :p
 Geoffrey S
11-29-2002, 3:28 PM
I'm pretty certain there was a destructable wall in the first demo; there was a different demo out a long time ago. It had more generators for enemies, and I think it had a destructable wall blocking one of the secrets. It is possible to make a wall destruct with a laser weapon in DF, I'm just not certain if the authors used the method. But there was a rock texture with a crack in it, and I think a destroyed texture too. My memory's failing me somewhat.
 Katarn07
11-29-2002, 4:20 PM
Yes, there are cracks in the walls all over level 6 that are able to be blown open! They may be elsewhere in the game, but I can't remember...

*** Thanks. I'll space bar every nook and cranny of the level. Also, to try and find a easter egg of any kind, I used no clip to hover over the entire base. Nothing unusual...
 Geoffrey S
11-30-2002, 5:19 AM
I know they're in level 6 and upward, but I recall one being in Secret Base for the first demo.
 Katarn07
11-30-2002, 10:29 AM
I'll cheat to get a lot of batteries and wear my infra red goggles. Maybe somethings embedded in the dark areas...
With that and space baring everything, could you developers tell me if I will find anything doing that?
Page: 1 of 1