Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weapon armaments

Page: 1 of 1
 michael_collins
10-31-2002, 11:52 AM
In the original game, stormies were issued the E11, and any imp officers were issued with blaster pistols, in JO, they were issued with repeater guns or the merrson or that shotgun type weapon.

What im tryin to get at is, in later levels, will you arm the stormies with mortars or repeaters as well as the E11 or is that not in the spirit of the original game ?
 The Count
10-31-2002, 12:16 PM
You should do this, this would add more of a challenge to the game Stormies with Mortars yeah and repeaters this should happen especially seeing you get onto to later levels you get better guns but the Stormies don't go for it!
 Alex_P47
10-31-2002, 2:29 PM
in DF I believe certain officers had e11s
 Katarn07
10-31-2002, 4:56 PM
In the super hard difficulty level, you should add this element of gameplay. As well as some AT-STs and Rodians, Weequays etc. That's what I think the 4th difficulty level should be.
 michael_collins
10-31-2002, 5:29 PM
i think that if it could be done, it would seriously be a better game, more of a challenge
 Alex_P47
10-31-2002, 10:59 PM
ick, more work
I believe were sticking with the 3 lvls of difficulty from DF
 ImmolatedYoda
10-31-2002, 11:44 PM
i think that the mod should be as close to the original as possible, ie no new stuff like what was proposed above. stormies had E-11s, and it should stay that way, no enemy in the game had the mortar, or repeater for that matter (i think).
 Alex_P47
11-01-2002, 2:04 PM
doesnt boba have a repeater?

lol I know they just like throwing 100s of guys with e11s at you
 xcountryman03
11-01-2002, 2:42 PM
but do you want to keep it so true that its unrealistic or too easy?
 Alex_P47
11-01-2002, 4:33 PM
Thats what easy medium hard selection is for
 Katarn07
11-01-2002, 4:53 PM
There is a fourth difficulty level for JO! Use that to put in stormies with new weapons... I don't want the original 3 altered in anyway ImmolatedYoda. I just said it'd be cool for the hardest setting to have those things.
 Temujin
11-01-2002, 5:31 PM
Holy **** yall, just foget it. I want to see this mod like soon so let's let them handle it. Oh yeah, JO is harder than DF :r2d23:
 Alex_P47
11-01-2002, 5:38 PM
currently the demo has 3 levels of difficulty
 Katarn07
11-01-2002, 6:09 PM
I'm talking about full release! Not demo...
Later levels should implement that on the 4th difficulty level instead of 50 health no shields deal...
 Temujin
11-02-2002, 1:37 PM
No, shooting tons of stormies with blasters is WAY HARD without a lightsaber. So, the HARD difficulty level of DF is going to be HELL! Plus, there are some enemies with powerful guns and detonators you know. HINT: DARK TROOPERS, BOUNTY HUNTERS, AND REE-YEES!
 The_One
11-02-2002, 2:27 PM
Please refrain from posting spoilers!
 ImmolatedYoda
11-02-2002, 5:46 PM
There is a fourth difficulty level for JO! Use that to put in stormies with new weapons... I don't want the original 3 altered in anyway ImmolatedYoda. I just said it'd be cool for the hardest setting to have those things.
i was talking about what michael and the other people before you said. and yes, a fourth difficulty level with that stuff would be pretty cool, but i would be content with what is planned for the mod ie 3 levels of difficulty
 Katarn07
11-02-2002, 8:41 PM
It would be an extra. And having them with those weapons is less realistic for those who think it is. Stormies are issued an E-11. They don't get high tech explosive guns.
 Temujin
11-03-2002, 12:49 AM
You know your a SW freak when you refer to stormies as real and have standards for them:D
Oh yeah, let's not put ALL THESE DAMN IDEAS posted all the time. I'd like to keep talk simple so not to overwhelm these MOD makers. I like to see progress, then maybe set in some new ideas. GOT IT?
 The_One
11-03-2002, 8:05 AM
Your ideas don't limit the progress of this mod, ya know. Just because you give us an idea, doesn't mean we go off right that second and put it in game. We are doing the basics first and then we will probably come back one day and look at these posts and think "cool, that's a nice idea" and stick it in. But for now, posting ideas does in no way slow the progress of this mod down ;)

So carry on! Keep posting these ideas!
 michael_collins
11-03-2002, 9:24 AM
im happy either way, i wasnt tryin to create complications for the mod team i was just trying to give them some ideas, if they decide to reject those ideas, thats perfectly alright, cos theyre the ones doing the mod.
 The_One
11-03-2002, 9:58 AM
I'm not saying we'll reject them - we'll take note of them and perhaps implement some of them down the line, but for now our main target is to get the framework of the mod in place - once that is done we can get down to work on the extras :)
 michael_collins
11-03-2002, 6:20 PM
thanks

see i cant mod, code, skin, tex, model or do anything on the computer side of things. Figure that if i do this im at least (hoping) to give someone a good idea, ya know?
 Lightsaberboy
11-06-2002, 2:37 AM
so the weapons in this mod will be the ones in jk2? cause in df tehre were a bunch of different weapons.
does this mean that kyle cant punch and will have to use that wimpy stun baton/
i miss the concussion rifle in df and jk1. that was a scary weapon in the hands of the trandoshan. sigh.....
 ImmolatedYoda
11-06-2002, 3:02 PM
i dont know about the demo, but i think that no code has been changed so far, which means that no weapon changes yet. however, the final version is supposed to have the original DF weapons
 Alex_P47
11-06-2002, 4:27 PM
Yes, the final will have original weapons.
technically so will the demo but since the only 2 guns in the demo are in JO and DF all was done was a remodeling of the 2 available guns
 Geoffrey S
11-07-2002, 11:17 AM
I'd have thought some more varied Imperial enemies would be good in the later levels. The problem with those in DF was that in the end every enemy was using the E-11, and it would have been a good idea to throw some Repeater and Mortar wielding fiends in the player's way. It'd also mean there wouldn't have to be as many enemies to keep the challenge up.
 pokemona
11-11-2002, 8:41 AM
There is a repeter in DF
 Katarn07
11-11-2002, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by pokemona
There is a repeter in DF

DF has the prototype of the Repeater Mark 1 with blue bolts. JK and MotS has the finalized Mark 1 with yellow bolts. JO has the Mark 2, a heavier rifle, so they DO have to remake the repeater rifle if that is what you were suggesting, pokemona.
 pokemona
11-12-2002, 7:15 AM
yes
 Katarn07
11-12-2002, 1:28 PM
In the FAQ, you say you will be upgrading Fett's AI to fight more like Jango. Besides rolling around and flying more like Jango, will he also get new weapons?
One giant missle from his backpack, flame throwers, wrist missles, melee wrist blades, wrist whipcord, and his real gun would be cool. I know you're striving for the original feel of the game, but I really think that his real gun would be a better replacement than the repeater he got. It can fire like a repeater, it should just look like his EE-33 or whatever its called.
Also, a cutscene idea. After finishing Fett off, there should be a scene where part of the docking bay's wall falls upon Boba who is on his knees. The viewer watches as the Crow flys away with TIEs in hot pursuit, but then the camera focuses upon the rubble heap to see Boba's arm pop out with fingers moving.

What do you think??? (And Temujinn, when you read this don't whine about me asking to much of them, it is just a suggestion of how to improve upon what they already said they'd do. New cutscenes and improved AI for this boss).
 michael_collins
11-12-2002, 2:55 PM
*sneers at katarn* thats cheese, threadbare, cliche and sooooooooooooo already done man! I LOVE IT USE IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
 Katarn07
11-12-2002, 3:55 PM
What are you saying? You turned my brain to mush again...
I think that the AI I said above would prove for a really fun, instant classic mod level.

I can't wait to fight Fett on a Coruscant that looks like as it is seen in the movies!!!
 ImmolatedYoda
11-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Fett really had a repeater? hmm..ill have to play the game again. i hate it though that fett is at the end of the ISB level, its kinda long with that damn vault...yeah, an added cutscene like that might be cool, or you see him sometime later in an easter egg, or the Slave I takes off of coruscant after you do
 michael_collins
11-13-2002, 2:32 PM
katarn i meant that its been used before but the fact that its boba fett sticking his hand outta a pile of rock makes up for it, and i would love to see it used
 Katarn07
11-13-2002, 5:05 PM
I know that idea is cheezy, but that what makes it cool like you said. I like ImmolatedYoda's idea as well.

I read in a previous post he had a repeater, and like you said the vault was so long (and even I forgot how to get past it) that I really don't feel like double checking... Anyone who does remember how to crack the vault, why don't you double check Fett's armament and tell Darth and whoever is making Coruscant level
 Geoffrey S
11-14-2002, 1:19 PM
Fett just flies around, shooting missles at the player at varying speeds. He's the only enemy in the game who shoots while moving, and also the only one to get stuck against walls all the time.
Not a repeater in sight.
 Katarn07
11-14-2002, 5:30 PM
I still want all I suggested above to make him more of a boss. And with extra lives as bacta tanks, it should be TO easy without an upgrade. Same goes for the other boss at the end of the game. He needs a weapon upgrade or something if ELs are Bacta Tanks.
 Salv
11-14-2002, 8:24 PM
Adding his own gun to Fett shouldnt be too much trouble, you can put that in..and perhaps a cutscene of him withdrawing after hes defeated..
 michael_collins
11-15-2002, 10:31 AM
scripted or proper cutscene? salv?
 michael_collins
11-15-2002, 10:34 AM
how do i post spoilers ?
 ImmolatedYoda
11-15-2002, 4:31 PM
just use the tag to start it and {/spoiler} to end it, except use [ instead of {
 The_One
11-16-2002, 6:29 AM
There's actually now a "Spoiler" button with all the other buttons/tools on the Reply to Topic page, where you compose your reply (or new thread).

This should make it simpler for people to do spoilers :)
 ImmolatedYoda
11-16-2002, 1:37 PM
ah, thank you The_One, i probably never would have noticed that
 Katarn07
12-01-2002, 2:46 PM
I got bored and after reading about something in level 11, I had to double check. That level rocks! Also, the boss at the end is pretty simple to defeat with an E-11 on easy! Jeez...
HARD, that's a different story :D
 ImmolatedYoda
12-01-2002, 3:43 PM
umm..thanks for the randomness Katarn...and refresh my memory, which level is 11?
 Katarn07
12-01-2002, 4:35 PM
It made sense when I wrote it. I forgot my point...
 Katarn07
01-06-2003, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by Katarn07
Also, a cutscene idea. After finishing Fett off, there should be a scene where part of the docking bay's wall falls upon Boba who is on his knees. The viewer watches as the Crow flys away with TIEs in hot pursuit, but then the camera focuses upon the rubble heap to see Boba's arm pop out with fingers moving.

For this, when the rocks do come a tumblin', you ight be able to add Jango's voice as he's being trampled by the Reek

But that might be some legally bound issue unlike the making of this mod. I don't see how though, you're not selling it.
Page: 1 of 1