Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skins Progress (SPOILERS! Don't know how to hide it either...))

Page: 1 of 1
 Katarn07
10-29-2002, 6:05 PM
So, how far have you come on skins. There are quite a few... For the most part you can just reskin, but for some people, you'll have to make a new model for them.

*Spoilers before if you didn't heed my warning!!!*

[ hope you don't mind, but this is how you add spoilers, highlight to view them : ]

Examples-
*Vader (needs to be tall and his helmet and mask and armor should be 3D)
*Mohc (Has to be fat, fat face as well)
*Rebus (He's fat too. I guess you can use your Mohc skin, just remodel the face)
*Gamorrean (I saw him in the gallery, but is he done? Face isn't smooth. Don't matter, you need to take them out from a distance to live...)
*Death Star Trooper (awesome job)
*Fett (neato)
*Dead Bodies (from Talay)

There are others to skin that don't have to be remodeled
*Kyle (saw him, awesome job)
*Kyle: Jabba's Prisoner (Just make him in a white shirt instead of jacket and armor...)
*Madine (Beard or no beard? In the cutscene he's clean shaven, but in holos and ingame he has the RotJ beard)
*Jan (check out the Jan thread for the changes suggested by myself and others)

That's all for now. Can't think of any others as of now.
 Darth_Linux
10-29-2002, 9:23 PM
haven't done anything but Kyle - no need or staff at the moment to divert from the demo stuff . . .
 Infinity Blade
10-29-2002, 9:31 PM
I haven't been available for a while.. and can't do more work for a few days yet, but......

The Kyle I'm making isn't a reskin. I could do just reskin, but it wouldn't have as good a jacket, and the hair would be "poofy".
 Geoffrey S
10-30-2002, 12:52 PM
Moch's a bit of an odd one: in the cutscenes he's sometimes fat and other times normal looking. I always imagined him looking like some kind of WWI general. One of those guys with silly mustaches and all for "the soldiers glory".
And I recall Madine having a beard in the cutscene. Just wasn't very visible because of the lighting.
 Katarn07
10-30-2002, 3:41 PM
OK...
So you are making the jacket on Kyle 3D?! Cool! Well, when you get new stuff, don't make a new thread... You can just post them here.
 Infinity Blade
10-30-2002, 5:19 PM
This isn't an official image, nor really a progress shot.. just kinda shows a comparison...

Kyle Model Image (http://wat.midco.net/eggnog1/kl1.jpg)

Upper Left: Original Torso from JO....

Upper Right: Added Jacket and changed sleeves.

Bottom: In Progress Jacket Texturing

Again.. this is just for comparison.. nothing really new. I'll have more on the model and it's skin later.

And in case D_L is reading this... I almost have a finished hand texture... don't have the time to put another post up for now...

Later.
 ImmolatedYoda
10-30-2002, 9:51 PM
that looks great!
 Temujin
11-01-2002, 5:37 PM
MAN! I love that ****ing job on the levels. I probably said this before. Kyle is sweet, but will his hands be black on the gun like his gloves. If so why are they brown in the in-game scenes. (Probably becuase it's the original model right?):roleyess:
 Katarn07
11-01-2002, 6:07 PM
They did correct that. Check out the post this is what it's all about by Darth and see the picture. Its breath taking....
 Katarn07
11-04-2002, 5:38 PM
I found a good (cartoon) picture of Jan Ors. Here is the link.

http://index.echostation.com/janors.jpg)

***Oh, thanks for hiding that. I learned how to a couple days ago and forgot to fix that. Look, I inserted a working link!
 Fanboy_Solo
11-21-2002, 8:37 AM
I don't know if this isn't allowed by the original creators, but would it not be easier to use some versions of models already made? There already are dozens of great models, many that would work with the game (ie, Vader, Gamorrean, Boba Fett, etc). Are you creating all of those yourselves or could you ask the makers of those models for permission to use whichever ones you can?
 MilesTeg
11-21-2002, 9:38 AM
e.g. we havenґt made the Moldy Crow on our own. We used the model from an X-Wing Alliance version of the crow and reskinned it.
The new Gamorrean is from one of the team members ;)

We always search on websites for models/prefabs already made and when we like the ones we find we ask the makers for permission and use it.
 michael_collins
11-21-2002, 10:45 AM
I cant actually see someone who has done a model for use online (such as vader or Fett or Gen. Mohc) saying no, I mean think about it, its HUGE praise and it'll boost their credibility, they can say that they did that for example and it got used to good purpose in a mod like this. (Considering lots of aforementioned skinners/modelers are in college, they can put it on their CV lol jk)
 Katarn07
12-01-2002, 4:49 PM
For dead bodies in Talay, in addition to your new model, can't you throw in some dead rebels using your Crix and Jan skin? (Charred bodies can get repitious. There were a few DTs down there along with the normal assault forces...) Also, some limbs laying around might not hurt (Phase 1 DTs). A dismembered Mon Calamari head would be cool where you find the broken weapon...)

Suggestions, by me ;)
 Geoffrey S
12-02-2002, 10:35 AM
Sadistic little guy. I guess you loved the crypts in RtCW, no? ;)
 Katarn07
12-02-2002, 5:24 PM
No clue what game that is, but it would surely give it a lot spookier of an enviroment...
 rolsen
12-02-2002, 6:45 PM
RtCW = Return to Castle Wolfenstein
 Katarn07
12-14-2002, 12:05 PM
I mean the main antagonist, General Mohc.
Can't wait to see him...
 michael_collins
12-14-2002, 1:14 PM
how ya gonna do him ? (no innuendo plz!!! :D)
Page: 1 of 1