Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mission Briefings

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Linux
10-28-2002, 2:45 AM
OK this is very alpha quality but I got it working. There are some logistical things to work out still, and the icon is obviously missing it's alpha channel, but check it out . . .

http://12.230.35.35/pub/df/mission_briefing.jpg)
 Geoffrey S
10-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Looks nice. Is there a chance they'll also appear at the start of a mission?
Also, I'm wondering about one little thing. On the screenshots pages there's an image of an extra life. Will they still be used in this game? They might seem a little obsolete if you can save at any time in the game.
 MilesTeg
10-28-2002, 11:22 AM
that extra life thing was discussed before. The model of the extra life will function as a bacta tank.
 Katarn07
10-28-2002, 5:24 PM
Put that in the FAQ. That PDA looks sweet. I like the little Death Star plans icon down there...
 michael_collins
10-28-2002, 5:26 PM
sweet? yes, yes it does.
 michael_collins
10-28-2002, 5:28 PM
by the by, whats the symbol in the lower left corner od the PDA??? is it something personal to do with katarn ? or to do with the alliance? or what? it looks like a bird, the mouldy crow?
 ImmolatedYoda
10-28-2002, 6:15 PM
by the by, whats the symbol in the lower left corner od the PDA??? is it something personal to do with katarn ? or to do with the alliance? or what? it looks like a bird, the mouldy crow?
thats interesting michael, i didnt notice it. so, like wise, i am wondering the same thing, i dont recall having seen it anywhere in the books or games
 Katarn07
10-28-2002, 6:34 PM
Boba Fett had a skull thing on his shoulder. Maybe this thing was Kyle's calling card as a mercanary. My guess is as good as anybody else's...
 Alex_P47
10-29-2002, 12:16 AM
bobas "skull thing" is the mandalorian symbol.(original owners of his armor)
 Katarn07
10-29-2002, 4:56 PM
But the Mandalorians were slaughtered during the Mandalorian Wars...
The Mandalorians of Jodo Kast's time were a mercanary group. Sinces Kast and Jango were killed, Boba had become one of the last true Mandalorians. That is why that symbol was associated with him only during the Galactic Civil War...
 michael_collins
10-29-2002, 6:16 PM
even so, look at it, its a bird, but a pretty gawky looking bird, so its the mouldy crow, i guess its just one of the modders lil things to make us go "hrmmm..." and give our own opinion
 MilesTeg
10-29-2002, 6:27 PM
itґs from the original DF datapad...

I think I will redo it later in Illustrator (although itґs a gawky bid :D )
 Katarn07
10-30-2002, 3:35 PM
Kyle purchased the Crow just before his mission on Danuta. he did not name his ship, it came with that. It is supposed to be one of the crappiest ships in the galaxy, but Jan and he fixed it up...
(Sound like another pair of mercanaries/Rebels???)
Isn't a Katarn a creatue on Kashyyyk? If so, is it a bird? If so... I think you get where I'm going with that.

***I wasn't saying it was a skull. I was saying that the gawky bird was Kyle's mercanary symbol.
 MilesTeg
10-30-2002, 4:55 PM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/kashyyyk/eu.html)

some infos of a rpg:
http://home.adelphia.net/~allard/katarn.htm)

Excerpt of an old DF faq:
http://www.cheatfiles.com/other/darkforcesfaq.txt)

1.7 Is DF canon?

DF itself is probably not canon (meaning 'in Star Wars continuity'), but
that's not to say it isn't tied into Star Wars continuity. Kyle Katarn's
first mission takes place shortly before the events of _Star Wars: A New
Hope_ (Episode IV).

BTW, 'katarn' (the surname of the protagonist in DF) is the name of a
predator on the Wookie homeworld of Kashyyyk. In the Star Wars book _Heir to
the Empire_, written by Timothy Zahn (the first book in his trilogy), there
is a Lieutenant Page who heads a New Republic group called the 'Katarn
Commandos.' It is unknown whether the LA design team consciously named the
protagonist of DF after either the commandos or the animal.
 Katarn07
10-30-2002, 5:13 PM
They didn't do that on purpose. Justin Chin thought it sounded cool but learned that it was a predeator, but rather than redoing all the cutscenes and mission texts, they went with it. I knew that already, just couldn't the website I read it on...

***Maybe its a predator with wings, like a griffon. Only it can't fly? Who knows, it is cool to dwell on these things though...

*******MAYBE it was Kyle's Imperial Regiment symbol. You know (or may not know), he was a squad leader as an Imperial.
 MilesTeg
10-30-2002, 5:23 PM
*muahahaa* some things should never be revealed :D
Page: 1 of 1