Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some new screenies

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Linux
10-26-2002, 5:35 PM
Got some work coming in from the team so I thought I'd post a couple of shots to keep everyone happy. Included are two shots from the new Moldy Crow flyby cutscene and a nearly complete Fusion Cutter weapon model . . . . enjoy!

http://12.230.35.35/pub/df/flyby1.jpg)
http://12.230.35.35/pub/df/flyby2.jpg)
http://12.230.35.35/pub/df/fusion_cutter.jpg)

Couple more from a secret area of the base . . .

http://12.230.35.35/pub/df/shot0000.jpg)
http://12.230.35.35/pub/df/shot0003.jpg)
 TIMMAY
10-26-2002, 5:53 PM
You take pleasure in teasing us dont you :P
 Katarn07
10-26-2002, 6:07 PM
Will you be redoing all of the weapons, including the ones from JO? I don't see that neccesary for the E-11 or thermal detonators...
But the Bryar and obviously the repeater would be redone too, right? The Bryar in JO is terrible and doesn't fire red bolts. Just curious... I can't wait to see that Fusion Cutter and even more, the Crow. Keep up the good work!
 Rad Blackrose
10-26-2002, 8:45 PM
Mommy! Tell the ebil man to stop teasing us!
 Monkey Mania
10-27-2002, 12:10 AM
Katarn07, haven't you been checking the screenshot pages??? The new bryar pistol has been done for almost 2 months.:confused:
 Katarn07
10-27-2002, 10:29 AM
I know... But it looks weird. Is it really done or is that just a planned model using in art program. It has to be colored yet I guess.
 Geoffrey S
10-27-2002, 11:46 AM
The fusion cutter and the flyby look very good, but the secret base areas could use some more architectural detail; perhaps some girders and pillars around?
 Darth_Linux
10-27-2002, 11:53 AM
The Bryar pistol is done unless Salv changes his mind about it. It isn't exact of course but it captures the flair of the original and I just changed the bolt color from orange to red last night - thanks for the suggestion.

As far as SECBASE architecture detail goes, there probably won't be any extra added because that requires more custom textures and we are having trouble getting textures done as it is without creating more work for those overworked artists to do.

I think once you play the level you will be pretty happy with the results . . . the level is short and easy, just like the original, but it sets the tone for the rest of the game and is faithful to it in that respect for sure.
 Monkey Mania
10-27-2002, 4:49 PM
Are you gonna fix the smudginess of the planet in the flyby?
 Katarn07
10-27-2002, 6:56 PM
Originally posted by Monkey Mania
Are you gonna fix the smudginess of the planet in the flyby?

I think that "smudginess" is the atmosphere of the planet. If you play some other games, you'll see that same effect. It looks good when you see the scene, probably just not a still...
 Monkey Mania
10-27-2002, 7:05 PM
Well if you look at the game, there is no glow. I know there is suppose to be a glow, but I thought it was as smooth as the planet...
 ImmolatedYoda
10-27-2002, 10:16 PM
from what i remember, the lower left corner of the fusion cutter (as you would see it if you were holding it) was curved, not ending in a corner. maybe im just wrong?
 Monkey Mania
10-27-2002, 10:33 PM
Not exacty, but there is something there.

Look! (http://www.hillside.co.uk/glyn/dark/weapons/handfusi.gif)
 Darth_Linux
10-28-2002, 2:43 AM
There is a round ball of some kind there in the lower left corner and our model has it, you might not see it too well in that shot. There is also a hand in the model but due to a UV error the hand got skinned with the weapons artwork - doh!
 Geoffrey S
10-28-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Darth Linux:
...there probably won't be any extra added because that requires more custom textures...
Not necessarily. There are loads of textures in the original game which could be used very well in adding little slopes around the edges of tunnels, mainly floor and ceiling textures; IF1, IF3, IPSEC3, IPADARK4 etc. They don't have to be anything new.
Anyhow, I'll take your word for it that it looks good. Which it does.
 MilesTeg
10-28-2002, 11:20 AM
Iґm just working on adding some details to the level. But my time is limited (-> real life) and we still have to include/test some other important things. (game items, models, HUD etc.)

Until everything else is completed I will try work on details for the level, enemy behavior scripts and ingame cutscenes (although I canґt promise anything of that making it into the demo....).

If you have any ideas of how to bring more detail to the level just post it and I will see what I can do ;)

(tubes and pillars are already on my "maybe I will do it if I have the time" list :) )
 ImmolatedYoda
10-28-2002, 6:10 PM
There is a round ball of some kind there in the lower left corner and our model has it, you might not see it too well in that shot. There is also a hand in the model but due to a UV error the hand got skinned with the weapons artwork - doh!
yeah, i looked at the BM that i converted from DF of the cutter as you see it in the HUD and went d'oh! i just seem to remember that when you see it lying around, its curved right there.
edit: i forgot to mention that the cutter model looks great!
 Salv
10-29-2002, 6:05 AM
As stated before, some things may not exatly the same, due to the nature of 3d objects, to make them look like the weapons in DF I would have to squash them on the Z-axis alot and that wouldnt look good, so its a balance between having a nice look of the weapon while not obtructing the view, so I choose to move some things that were way too back of the guns to see, a bit forwards..what you get are very detailed weapons..
Page: 1 of 1